blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:19:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 163 ... 184 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2  (Read 370232 times)
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #2370 on: April 30, 2013, 12:09:42 PM »

If ever you doubt that optimism can burn brightly in you Sean, you've got this hand history Wink

nh though nh

tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: April 30, 2013, 01:41:48 PM »

#wpsir
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: April 30, 2013, 02:19:24 PM »

#suiteddeuce

wpwpwp nh Smiley
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: April 30, 2013, 03:07:53 PM »

My reaction at showdown:

Followed by:

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: May 03, 2013, 12:46:13 PM »

God the live stream game was boring.

I get the feeling people play slightly differently on the streamed games for some reason. I also think people think I play tighter in these games than usual. I got a lot of that when the 2/5 was on: "oh Sean is taking a shot so of course he's playing tight." Picking up offsuit non-broadway six-gappers every hand had a little to do with it as well, and Wednesday night saw the continuation of this trend. In fact, I had an eerily similar night to Alex, we both finished winning a bowl, with what I'll guess to be a sub 20% vpip, but we were both all-in at some point during the first hour.

Last night was fairly boring, too. Went on a massive card rush early on when nobody had anything, but then got coolered a couple of times to give it all back and then some. Poker at the minute is like trying to get blood from a stone. By repeatedly bashing it with my forehead.

Real life has been fairly interesting recently though, where job satisfaction has been at a steady zero. On sunday, Beth and I went out for sushi and a comedy act called The Lumberjacks (three Canadian dudes, headed by one-liner extraordinaire Stewart Francis) at the Nottingham Playhouse. Couldn't have asked for a more wonderful evening. We went out for sushi the next night as well with a couple of friends. I really like sushi, and it's a good reintroduction of carbohydrates into my body after 5 weeks without them. Time to start lifting again (none of this running nonsense!) so I also booked 10 sessions with a personal trainer, the goal is to develop a ZEUS CHEST. I'll do you all a favour though and I won't include pics of progress. Tongue
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2375 on: May 03, 2013, 01:07:00 PM »

You been to Higoi?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: May 03, 2013, 07:33:35 PM »

You been to Higoi?

I have not. I usually go to The Basin in Loughborough. Would you personally recommend Higoi? I might try it.
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: May 03, 2013, 07:35:25 PM »

Flicked it in for the 150 at dusk today. Have a good feeling about this one.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2378 on: May 03, 2013, 09:30:00 PM »

You been to Higoi?

I have not. I usually go to The Basin in Loughborough. Would you personally recommend Higoi? I might try it.

Yes, I like Higoi (not been to The Basin, so can't compare the too) and it's very 'authentic'.  Think it was Cos who first recommended it to me, so he knows his onions (or his sea bream).

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: May 03, 2013, 09:30:45 PM »

You can come 2nd to me met.
BMoney

View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: May 03, 2013, 10:14:30 PM »

Awww yeah. You're playing the Deepstack?! Good luck xx

Also, Higoi's menu looks omnominal. Can this be our sushi expedition this week?
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: May 04, 2013, 02:43:46 AM »

zerofive in "having the chip lead by the first break and not making day 2" shocker.

Some guy who seemed decent just 4 bet ripped pocket fours against me out of nowhere and obviously held against the bottom of my range. He'd have got a #wpsir, but whatever, I didn't need 100k anyway plus I still had like 30bb left. Flopped three eights some guy who I had incorrectly assessed as a nit, he turned a straight and tilted me at showdown. Seems like I neutralise the EV of the horrible standard in these MTTs, because when I lose retarded pots I just give the rest away lol.

Anyway I keep saying I won't make the same mistake, but I'll probably be back to play the deepstack next month. Will offer infinite-1 that I fail to make day 2 on a chiplead at some point during the tournament. It's in my stars. There is a big fuck off ceiling, and I need this big ceiling to fuck off. I guess some people were born to bink and others were born to grind, so I'll be attending dusk tomorrow to get myself in some juicy cash game nice and early to win a small, feeble amount of money. The early bird gets the bowl.
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: May 04, 2013, 04:50:54 AM »

Matey, you know as well as anyone does that this game is just one hell of a grind. Seriously, whoever thought that it would be a good idea to wager stupid amounts of money on bits of card with pretty pictures on is nearly as crazy as the people who keep doing it. Tournaments are full of endless streams of variance, but when you do get that one time, you'll look back at this and everything will be worth it. You're more than good enough to get there, and the more your confidence and patience with the game is tested, the more fantastic it will feel when it happens. Stick at it buddy, and if I can get to being half the player you are, I'll be able to hang around long enough for us to play a lot more together.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
Sulphur man

View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: May 04, 2013, 02:05:34 PM »

The early bird gets the bowl.
This made me chuckle a lot. Chin up Sean.

I've never played any game, or done anything that was so powerful at making you believe that you 'owned' it... before making you realize that you actually don't.
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: May 04, 2013, 08:13:42 PM »

The early bird gets the bowl.
This made me chuckle a lot. Chin up Sean.

Chin is absolutely up, sir. gl in your venture today
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 163 ... 184 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: