blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 09:52:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272769 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 ... 184 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2  (Read 373079 times)
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #2310 on: April 14, 2013, 08:20:58 AM »

We got a seat. Just need to win the Monte Carlo now.

Wiiiiiiiii congrats
Mitch

View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: April 14, 2013, 12:35:10 PM »

oioi. Get your team in then...

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: April 14, 2013, 12:48:25 PM »

Wpwp

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: April 14, 2013, 03:10:16 PM »

Ginger teenwolf ftw

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2314 on: April 14, 2013, 03:31:12 PM »

wafl teach me!
Tommy Bingham

View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: April 14, 2013, 04:31:18 PM »

Wp dude. Kept looking over at your stack! Best of luck.

Never folding... Bros just coming at us. We have a pair, if we're beat, we can always flop a set.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: April 14, 2013, 04:42:44 PM »

well done sean!

Morale HIGH
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: April 14, 2013, 05:09:40 PM »

Well now you have won a seat you must enter a team surely?

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: April 14, 2013, 10:26:51 PM »

Just played a couple of big ones with forum lurker FredW. Maybe we can encourage him to take us "behind the poker face," of hand #2
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: April 14, 2013, 10:28:11 PM »

Just played a couple of big ones with forum lurker FredW. Maybe we can encourage him to take us "behind the poker face," of hand #2

Fred the ledge!
FredW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2320 on: April 14, 2013, 10:53:12 PM »

[ ] Was a fun game. Will do a write up of that hand later. Think the river is a fold, esp when I overbet it.
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: April 15, 2013, 02:04:32 PM »

I was playing in a 5 handed £1/1 game last night where all the stacks were £300 deep and I had a small amount of history with everyone - not so much that there were levelling wars every hand, but just so much that I felt like I knew their tendencies a little better than they knew mine. I also think by a small margin that I was a more experienced short-handed player than the rest of the table. I was fluctuating between even and +£50 before I called a 3bet pre and a 6 high flop with 99 before folding an 8 high turn where I was convinced he doesn't fire two overs there and he just has me beat. Before I could grab some reloading chips, I doubled through the young asian kid to my left with QQ > AJ. Back to SP!

This set a nice tempo for the rest of the game, as Fred and I just accidentally got into it.

Hand #1

After declaring that we should play a £500 pot at some point, I opened the button behind the £4 straddle to £15 and Fred called. Cbet £20 on and Fred calls. He donks for £45 on turn and I call. He checks an and we check behind before he shows us 98 at showdown for two pair and wins. Not quite £500, but this was just the beginning!

Hand #2

UTG opens £3, Fred raises to £13, we call, UTG folds for some reason. hits the flop, he bets £25 I min to £50 and he gives me a weird look and calls. First time I've ever minraised in the history of ever I think, just wanted to see what happened. We go to a turn, he checks and we bet £77 and slide it right up to the turn card (something I learned from Alex Goulder.) He thinks a while and calls. Pretty certain he has AQ or something pretty close right now. He checks the river and we jam the last £130 and he says "you'd have 3bet anything that beats me so I guess I call." Had a horrible feeling for a second, but three eights were good at showdown and my request to play a £500 at some point was granted.

Hand #3

I suggest you get a brown paper bag handy for this one. Fred opens the button behind the straddle to £10, we call the sb with 55 and we go heads up to three clubs two spades where I check, he bets £20 and I call. The turn is another , I check he bets £35 and this seems like a pretty easy call. I nail the on the river and check, where he now reaches for loads and bets £105. I quickly shove for about £150 more effective and he beats me into the pot with . Weeeee. Pure filth two outer for stacks.

Always a fun night when you run like god, but I've been feeling pretty confident of late anyway. I've been picking up lots of small ones, and losing the minimum with the big hands when they go awry.

Anyway I'm off to the gym, need to ditch like 10% of my body fat and to stop resembling a muffin.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: April 15, 2013, 02:58:51 PM »

noice work "kid" Cheesy

looking forward very much to our little game on wednesday Smiley

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: April 18, 2013, 01:53:23 PM »

So we got the big 1/1 game together and it was a lot of fun. We picked a wednesday because wednesdays are traditionally DEAD at Dusk, but ironically a full table of 1/2 opened up with a couple of my favourite Gala regs and one empty seat on it. I asked the boys if they minded if I abandoned ship as work was calling and I was greeted by a couple of curled lips, so I stayed a further 20 minutes until they all decided that they wanted to play the Monte Carlo satellite as work was calling. Wink

I moved over to the 1/2 where Ian won every pot for the duration of my stay, stacked all the value spots, then left with all the money at about 10. So, no big 1/1; the 1/2 was just Kurt, Mitch, a bowl stack and myself; so I finally found myself sat in a 1/1 where I grinded out a profit to finish the night a small loser. It was fun I suppose, a nice warm up to the streamed game, a taster if you will.

On a humourous note, we picked up dem aces FIVE times last night. Here's a rough breakdown:

- Third hand of the big 1/1 game, we just agreed on the "dealer shows one" rule, I raise the button, Matt folded the small, Alex folded (no, seriously) the big blind and I generously agreed to show both.

- On the no-less-big-but-not-the-big-1/1-1/1 later we got them in the small blind with a 3ball opportunity and went broke to a flopped triplet on an 8-high board even though I looked the guy dead in the eye and told him he had three sixes. I think he takes off with enough small overpairs to make it okay, but that fact that he had trips and in a weird way I intuitively knew he was more likely to have that hand than an overpair makes me wonder how justified I really am. Whatever, live and learn, and I will learn to trust my judgement one day even if it does sound wacky at the time!

- I've never folded them more quickly in my life. The £2 straddle is on, one limper, I make it £10 from the hijack, folds to the limper who calls. I bet £13 on and he calls. The turn is the and we check/check. The river comes the and he leads for £25. I was going to just open fold my hand when that river landed anyway Cheesy

- Another raise and take it pre

- A steamy, shortstacked Adam, who apparently had AQ, opened and John "suited deuce" Black called. I 3bet and they both decided they didn't want to pay the nit off. Sigh!

More poker later. Good luck everybody in the Monte Carlo today, see you all on day 2. Going to go and view another house in a minute; the house I looked at earlier was incredible and probably my new abode as of this time next month. Fingers crossed and all that.
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: April 18, 2013, 03:04:09 PM »

*Jack "suited deuce" black Wink

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 ... 184 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: