blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:40:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 ... 184 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2  (Read 370174 times)
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: February 17, 2012, 11:02:00 AM »

sauna's and swimming are great before or after poker and thats the main reason i stay in the village in at Chirwell. Oh plus the fact the night porter takes back handers and i can turn up at stupid o'clock if i ever make a day 2 again

Please!

It is Chilwell, not Chirwell.

I could tell you some fascinating stories, & facts, about Chilwell, but I do not wish to derail this fine Diary.

PS - The largest number of deaths EVER, (134) from a single explosion, in mainland Britain, occurred in Chilwell.  Thats Chilwell, not Chirwell.
sory. not a typo either. thought it was as op Sad

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: February 17, 2012, 11:10:45 AM »

sauna's and swimming are great before or after poker and thats the main reason i stay in the village in at Chirwell. Oh plus the fact the night porter takes back handers and i can turn up at stupid o'clock if i ever make a day 2 again

Please!

It is Chilwell, not Chirwell.

I could tell you some fascinating stories, & facts, about Chilwell, but I do not wish to derail this fine Diary.

PS - The largest number of deaths EVER, (134) from a single explosion, in mainland Britain, occurred in Chilwell.  Thats Chilwell, not Chirwell.
sory. not a typo either. thought it was as op Sad

Damn you. You were supposed to say, as to that explosion, "oooh, tell me more".

Damn you Herbie, damn you.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: February 17, 2012, 11:23:29 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Shell_Filling_Factory,_Chilwell

good read and of interest to the locals of Dtd.

Talking of disatsers from our youths ( Smiley ) here is one from mine. The wife comes from Burton Stather which is the next village to Flixborough. Could have claimed the lives of 500 had it been a weekday.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flixborough_disaster

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: February 17, 2012, 11:29:57 AM »

Talking of disatsers from our youths ( Smiley ) here is one from mine. The wife comes from Burton Stather which is the next village to Flixborough. Could have claimed the lives of 500 had it been a weekday.

Fascinating, but I fear we are trespassing on the Diary of a dejected degen, & these boys are poker poker poker, 24/7, so we may not be welcome.

I keep a Diary too, you know.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: February 17, 2012, 11:35:30 AM »

Fascinating, but I fear we are trespassing on the Diary of a dejected degen, & these boys are poker poker poker, 24/7, so we may not be welcome.

I keep a Diary too, you know.
lol. yes i do read that as well. i seem to be logged onto here a lot atm but my sister dropped my neice and nephew off here at 7.50 this morning so i took the 5 kids for a 2 hour walk round a lake in some local woods.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: February 17, 2012, 05:36:40 PM »

The Virrage in Chirwell is where I go to hit the gym etc. The pool facilities are pretty good, very relaxing pre/post session. Not often I say this, but Herbie is spot on itt. Just let me know when you're about in Nottingham and I'll make sure I'm otherwise occupied so we don't end up sharing a bath.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: February 17, 2012, 08:28:50 PM »

The Virrage in Chirwell is where I go to hit the gym etc. The pool facilities are pretty good, very relaxing pre/post session. Not often I say this, but Herbie is spot on itt. Just let me know when you're about in Nottingham and I'll make sure I'm otherwise occupied so we don't end up sharing a bath.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: February 19, 2012, 05:18:40 AM »

Got absolutely crushed today. Lost about £350, which isn't too terrible given that I took a couple of bad beats to the tune of more than that. I had a lot of difficult spots, I took myself to value town twice, got freerolled pretty hard, didn't get action in the two hands where I flopped the world, and towards the end of the night I ended up making two or three bad calls. Really unhappy with today's result, especially so as a chunk of it went in due to the high level of frustration. There's no denying that I ran terribly, but it did start to effect my play and I didn't pull the plug quickly enough in my opinion. Truly miserable as a result.

Started the day on a 50/1 table, waiting for a 1/2 to fire up. Straight off the back had a pretty nasty hand where I made two pair and was quite sure villain turned a flush, but mathematically had to make the call for the times he has top pair/flush combos and worse two pairs. I was obviously shown the flush. Made the wheel a few hands later versus two pair and put the guy on tilt, so the next hand when I wake up with and flop , I was over the moon to get it all in. He had and needless to say, I did not hold. That pot was worth about £500 which would have seen me winning were I able to fade three outs, but as it stands I moved over to the 1/2 in a bit of shock losing £250.

The 1/2 started off okay, fairly deep, would have been nice to pick up a hand at this point but was just card dead. The game broke as another 1/2 opened up, so I moved over. Then the 2/5 started and that game broke. As I went to move back to the original 1/2, I was told I needed to rejoin the list. This meant waiting as countless 50/1's were opened, so eventually conceded and played 50/1 again. Got a bluff through the posh boy which was possibly the highlight of my evening. A new 1/2 opened up and we were playing 5 handed for an orbit or so until one player went broke and Tom High got a seat on the 2/5. Back to 50/1. I felt absolutely fucking retarded bouncing from one table to another, and matters were only made worse by my continuing run of atrocious starting hands. Eventually cemented my seat on a 1/2 game, back from whence I came. Still card dead though.

When I eventually opened a hand, it did not go at all to plan. Under the straddle makes it £11, three callers, I peel from the small blind and make it £64. The straddle cold calls, and I get two overcalls. Marvelous. We went four ways to a two hearts flop. The absolute joint and it smacks calling ranges. I lead for £152 with about £300 back. In hindsight this might have been a bit too much, but it folded round regardless. Not ideal, but I guess it's okay to just pick up £200 without showdown. There was another hand later on that I won't post here because it's going to make the PHA. It felt like a very interesting spot at the time, but I'll probably figure it out when I'm typing it up; that's what normally happens.

There was another pot of interest as well, which I wasn't involved in, but I promised it would make the diary. One player at the table was on monkey tilt and desperately trying to get all of his chips in the middle. Eventually he found a customer and they both shoveled the lot in on . They chose to show their hands at this point, the tilt monkey showing , the other player with . The hit the turn and Tiltus Bramble slammed the table and turned to walk away, glancing back to see the on the river, but in his haste failed to recognise the pair up. The other player says "unlucky" or something to that effect and very quickly scoops up the chips and turns the cards over. I'm not sure if he noticed either, but it felt like he was intent on getting the hand over with rather quickly. Maybe it was an honest mistake, but the troubling part is that the dealer didn't notice either. By this point, the player on tilt was out of sight, but it felt wrong to just say "oh well, next hand" so it was brought to the attention of the dealer. The most disgusting part of all this was that not only did the queen on the river counterfeit the 8, but it also meant that the player's 9 kicker now gave him the best hand, so there was £300 or so in limbo. The floor ruling took forever, as you can imagine, because the tension in the air was incredible and the player who was having a bunch of money taken away from him was understandably unhappy about all this. It didn't quite measure up to any of the Gala-esque drama, but it certainly livened things up a bit. Poker's a cruel beast, but at least where it's painful it's also painfully entertaining.

Also, PeeJay commented on one of my hands "I'd give my left testicle to get the starting hands you get." This was the start of a pretty awkward conversation...
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: February 19, 2012, 08:17:50 AM »

The circumstances are irrelevant, the best hand gets the money, & there is no reason, or excuse, for any bad blood, or tilt. Peeps need to man up a bit. If the boot were on the other foot & all that......

leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: February 19, 2012, 08:57:24 AM »

love your write ups Sean mate .....keep um coming

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: February 19, 2012, 01:58:18 PM »

PJ wants nothing more than  anyway :p

Also I think you were correct speaking up about what happened, terrible from A8 player if he genuinely knew he lost, although on the end of long sessions your brain is kind of mushed. Also phil should of known what was happening and double checked, it's happening more and more lately including to me, lapse in concentrations do happen though, but on the same token I think you should be checking your hand even at showdown when you have six high.

Hope you get out bud
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: February 19, 2012, 02:06:59 PM »

I heard of another unsavoury hand involving river tony were his opponent at show down declares a str8 and is waiting for tony to muck. Villan obv does not have a str8 and after a long pause mucks his hand. What is wrong with some people?

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: February 19, 2012, 07:33:06 PM »

I have two seats into March's £250,000 guaranteed deepstack for sale. First come, first served. Save a tenner, help a friend. This will be posted on Facebook as well.

£550 x 2

Full name required as well as which day 1 you wish to play. Will transfer on Thursday March 1st, will collect cash on appropriate day 1.

Good luck.

Sold.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 10:15:22 PM by zerofive » Logged
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: February 19, 2012, 11:33:10 PM »

do you play online at all? If so stakes/number of tbls. I have lots of questions to ask about live poker if you do play online.

If not, how do you keep making sure you improve your game and have you ever seen poker with your pants on or listened any of bart hansons podcasts?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: February 25, 2012, 04:08:28 PM »

Nothing as crazy as tattoos, new cars and recovered kittens in this diary. In fact, this might have been the dullest week of poker ever. There was literally nothing to report. I couldn't get any of my value hands to showdown, so I won a few small pots and lost a few big ones. My graph for the month is an absolute trainwreck, which I promise will make you laugh out loud when I post results after the weekend. Until yesterday, my entire month wasn't as good as my first single winning session. I'm doing it wrong innit. In fact, after last month's "here's all the hands in which I made quads and now I think I'm a legitimate pro," post, I might go from the zenith right down to the nadir and post my biggest mistakes at the end of February. If and when I do, I'd like you to all treat me like a pinata. A pinata that killed your family. By choking them to death with a phallus.

Yesterday was incredible. I was invited to a home game with a bunch of my old friends, so I was never going to stay at Dusk long, I just went with the intention of folding a bunch of hands, maybe getting lucky enough to show a small profit and then peace out whilst a couple of them busted the £15 freeze. However, the 50/1 table was rattled for a moment by a drunk man sitting down and playing like a mental patient for 20 minutes and then going to play the comp. As the 1/2 game opened up, I saw him at the desk getting in the region of £500 together. The rest of the field was super tough, so he was literally the only reason I had to move over. I watched as everyone took their seats. Did nobody see what I'd just seen on the 50/1? Clearly not, as when the fish sat in seat 3, everyone left seat 4 empty. IN. This turned out to be completely irrelevant once the game had actually started, as there was nothing I could do to stop getting pairs. I think it might have been eight hands in a row? I turned one into a bluff versus Simon Deadman, I turned one into a flopped set and rivered house versus Simon Deadman (both times he folded river), and I turned one into a pre-flop war versus the fish when I had the aces. He wasted no time getting £450~ in with two queens. Also I turned one into dust versus PeeJay when he flopped a straight versus me. We must be levelling off lifetime versus eachother by now...

Off to get some breakfast, then to get the absolute LOT before the month is up. Peace.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 ... 184 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: