blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 04:59:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272905 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 ... 184 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2  (Read 373787 times)
Rivertony

View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: March 08, 2012, 05:17:53 AM »

[  ] Made day 2.

Sorry to backers. Don't ever let me play another tournament again in my life please. Trip report when I'm not incredibly depressed from poker. Could be a week or so.

Chin up Sean
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: March 08, 2012, 05:31:44 AM »

Sean you're a hero
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: March 08, 2012, 09:14:21 AM »

[  ] Made day 2.

Sorry to backers. Don't ever let me play another tournament again in my life please. Trip report when I'm not incredibly depressed from poker. Could be a week or so.

Chin up Sean
Day 1a did seem full of hero's who frequent Dtd on a regular basis. It would appear that had it not been for Dtd players then poker 770 would not have needed day 1a and could have everyone play today instead. From the same blog about the cash game bonus ending it appears that Rob tried to advise 770 as best he could.

I wish you had played the softer field today because reading your take on our continental neighbours would have been very amusing. <3 Sean Belton  work

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: March 15, 2012, 01:58:58 PM »

I was the fishy filling between two slices of shark, with Ben Vincent to my right and Chris Brammer to my left. This, the most painful sandwich ever, was served with a side of card dead salad and runbad sauce. I actually fistpumped when my table broke, but alas I still couldn't find a hand or a spot to open. It's fair to say that by level 6 I wasn't giving 100%, which is something I've not seen since "old Sean," but I didn't want to let backers down so I didn't just rage drive home with 25bb left; I stuck it out and folded for another seven orbits. I came back at the start of level 7, and the second hand I picked up pocket eights (this literally felt like the nuts, not only was this not a 6-gapper, but it was a pair, in live poker, pedal to the floor y'all.) Unfortunately, the dealer announced a misdeal, to which I quipped "of course it is, why else would I have a pair?" It was sort of odd to see at this point that the table was almost starting to sympathise. I decided I wanted to give my chips to one of the good guys, so when Jonathan Gill opens I decide that might be the best shape I can get my 12bb stack in with. Pretty glad he held.

After I bust, I stupidly decided that splashing around in a juicy cash game was just the tonic I needed. I was to the left of Leicesterfish, and out of position to a couple of terribad europeans. This would have been fine, but the poor run of form continued and I didn't play a single hand. The europeans left and Mitch sat down. I finally opened a hand and snap got 3bet. For some reason this just pushed me over the edge. I called off £100 in cbets for no reason at all, threw my toys out of the pram and went for a long walk. The whole "getting a real job" routine has been going through my head since, so after a couple more bad sessions I've decided to take a decent break from live poker. I fired up my Stars account last night, just spinning the $24 I left on there into $77 at 5NL just to get used to playing four tables/new software/actually playing some hands and using my brain occasionally. I'll probably deposit $1k and take it easy on some 50NL tables whilst looking into getting some real work for the summer.

Meanwhile, I'm absolutely beastmoding the gym. Spending about 30 hours a week in there, and going to be joining a bodyform and a spinning class. Literally feel like pulling the plug sometimes, so I might as well go out in decent shape! Peace?
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: March 15, 2012, 02:04:26 PM »

Post up results since you started? Might help get some perspective Smiley

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: March 15, 2012, 02:11:12 PM »

wt remember Jan and Feb mate! You're tilting off a super small sample size. I guarantee you will be more tilted in an office being told what to do. You're your own boss, not paying any taxes, not paying back any student loans, working when you want, where you want and making a good salary, just because of a bad weekend don't give it up. Imagine 12 months ago if you could fast forward and be where you are now? You'd jump at the chance right? This doesn't mean you cant play online, just play online to reduce the high variance of live poker and continue to crush.

TL;DR MAN THE FUCK UP!

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: March 16, 2012, 04:00:24 AM »

Its easy to tilt when you're cooling off after an upswing.

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: March 16, 2012, 06:06:36 AM »

Ok sean we're back here again are we!

You have a huge problem as a pro poker player and it isn't anything to do with how you play the cards. Gambling is by definition betting on an uncertain outcome, so when you gamble for a job you're going to face, on a daily basis, many many uncertain outcomes and as is to be expected we're not going to like a decent% of the outcomes, and, as is perfectly likely statisitically we're every so often going to face a string of unfavorable outcomes. (If each individual outcome means this so much to you then you're going to be in a world of mental anguish very frequently.)

This is hard to deal with because results are black and white, you either win or you lose, end of. When you hit a bad run you really need to hold your head and your focus, because this is the time when you get really really put to the test, it's pretty easy when everything is going right because the natural positive momentum from a good run is so good for your mentality, but amisdt the low confidence, financial pressure and natural anxiety of a bad run is where having good temperament and focus is completely crucial.

The difference between good players and good gamblers is 95% temperament, you're going to spend about 35-40% of your time losing remember, so learning how to lose is as important as learning how to win.

If you cant master these things then you really cannot gamble for a job.

Having said this I believe 100% that you can, it just takes a bit of time and experience, I only really figured it out myself about 10months ago, most people with normal jobs don't get put under the kind of mental pressure that you will experience, it's tough.

and as PLENO SAID. MAN THE FUCK UP AND GET BACK ON THE TABLES YOU PUSSY Cheesy

BMoney

View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: March 16, 2012, 10:31:33 AM »

SuuPRlim FTW.  Every time you give advice, it's so on point.
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: March 18, 2012, 04:10:05 PM »

Dave is always spot on. This is what will hinder my progress more than anything, I think. I used to have a quick temper, and I've definitely made a huge improvement mood-wise towards the game; but sometimes it's hard to leave my emotions at home when I'm going to work and vice versa. So basically Dave is right, and I feel for all the progress I've made in the last year playing poker, I do sometimes let it get the better of me but way less than I would have a year ago. If progress is either steady or exponential, then you won't be seeing a massive whinge post on here for a good long time.

Having said all that though, I'm pretty glad to be playing online again. I was a little scared to be honest, probably due to my leisurely 5-figure PLO swing a couple of years back. Grats to TheCranium who emptied my Tilt account and has about 20% of my current net wealth. One could say I wasn't following the strictest of bankroll management... And further thanks to the professor for thieving $1.4k. Now that I'm back on the virtual felt I feel right at home. Spin up went well, subsequent grind is stuck in first gear. I'm sure that will change.

Played at Dusk again last night, and completely forgot how boring live poker is unless you have at least one person to talk to. I ended up tracking my stats live on a tally chart on my phone. In roman numerals. I can confirm that over 243 hands, I'm playing 27/16/1/0. Also I'm perhaps a little too loose passive from the blinds. For example when I completed from the small with behind three limpers. That meant I had to lead out on and pick up three callers. Then I had to fire another barrel on the turn. I was 100% sure the guy to my left had the bare ace, and derbylad defo had a king. The shortstack at the table used this as an opportunity to move in for about £60. I was pretty sure I'd fold out the other two hands if I rejammed so I flatted here and we got call call. Needed to fade a heart and a pair up then. two hearts on the river. Fucks sake, can't fade the heart one time... oh wait I have a straight flush. All in. Snap call from the and snap fold from the derbylad. Also got there against the shortstack's . #runninglikegoulder
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: March 18, 2012, 04:18:54 PM »

sick get there, wal!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: March 18, 2012, 07:20:01 PM »

thats fucking sick

oioi

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: March 18, 2012, 07:32:26 PM »

Lol. Great hand. Being positive is the key my friend. Big<3

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: March 19, 2012, 03:12:00 PM »

At last, an interesting report on a hand that you won :-)

I'm no judge, but there are a lot on here who seem to think you should stick at it, so, stick at it and maybe next week it will be your turn to run like Alex

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: March 19, 2012, 06:45:34 PM »

Casually making straight flushes. What. A. Life.

#WannaBeBelton
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 ... 184 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: