blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:53:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD Monte Carlo £250,000 Gtd: Day 3 and final
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Monte Carlo £250,000 Gtd: Day 3 and final  (Read 132753 times)
Mitch

View Profile
« Reply #990 on: December 21, 2011, 04:39:16 PM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Rob would be an incred commentator..

"Yeah id float here, bet 8x pot on turn, flash the jockey the three clubs and show him whos boss"

.....or at least thats what he always does to me Sad

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #991 on: December 21, 2011, 04:43:12 PM »

P.S. Someone PM'd me and said there was a comment on this thread about my dog, Numpty, but I cant find anywhere on this thread - can anyone post what that was?Huh?Huh???  

It better have been a positive comment!! Numpty is a complete boss!!

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #992 on: December 21, 2011, 04:45:25 PM »

P.S. Someone PM'd me and said there was a comment on this thread about my dog, Numpty, but I cant find anywhere on this thread - can anyone post what that was?Huh?Huh???  

it got deleted as far as i know

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #993 on: December 21, 2011, 04:47:17 PM »

it got deleted as far as i know

who snitched?

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #994 on: December 21, 2011, 04:49:59 PM »

I apologise for my Rob Yong's dog comment, I'm not sure if it got deleted or not.

This

I never saw it, and it wasn't deleted by a mod, so can only assume the poster thought better of it

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #995 on: December 21, 2011, 04:51:24 PM »

I saw it, but it got deleted. Are we allowed to repeat it? Was pretty funny IMO.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #996 on: December 21, 2011, 04:52:37 PM »

Hello

Thank for all of the constructive comments, this was our first time we have done this after a lot of effort to get the technology up and running, overall, we are all pleased with the result of our virgin attempt, but it was more of a "pilot / trial" from our point of view, however we were completely shocked that we got over 8000 unique viewers on Monday, a bit like a lot more people than expected turning up to a football training session rather than the league match on Saturday afternoon. We didn't do a big marketing push about this web stream, in fact, we had an electrical fault on Friday with the table and we were not even sure whether the steaming would go ahead, things were only tested last week, so we wanted it to be low key. However, we do have lots of plans to improve the experience for the viewer, like all things we do, we chop and change until we are happy, then chop and change again when it gets a little boring (or we get copied  stirthepot), all feedback has been noted though and as poker becomes even more competitive and saturated in 2012, we know we need to try to keep improving- all of the time, or basically, we won't survive  

Cheers Rob

Sorry that was me, I apologised 3 times. I said I would rtaher listen to your dog than Simon. Apologies again.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #997 on: December 21, 2011, 04:52:50 PM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Rob would be an incred commentator..

"Yeah id float here, bet 8x pot on turn, flash the jockey the three clubs and show him whos boss"

.....or at least thats what he always does to me Sad

Yes indeed, you don't need to demonstrate technical proficiency to be an exciting commentator.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #998 on: December 21, 2011, 05:28:21 PM »

Sorry that was me, I apologised 3 times. I said I would rtaher listen to your dog than Simon. Apologies again.

To be fair, I laughed when I read that (sorry Simon).

Also to be fair, I honestly think that Simon is one of the top UK poker commentators, if not the best, he gets offered loads of commentary work by TV but doesn't have time with what is going on at DTD.

Also to be fair and even fairer again, the same person speaking for 10 hours and the audience listening to the same person for 10 hours, err, is not ideal, no matter how good they are. It was a trial/pilot, so we were more interested in actually getting a picture of the web site that people could view - rather than the actual content - but the plan is to have lot of different commentators taking turns, JP Kelly did the last Monte Carlo for me in return for a pint of Carling - and I couldn't get him off the mic once he had started! Its fun, I'm sure we will be able to make our streaming a lot more interesting and there will be no shortage of players wanting to help us out. I would like Keith Johnson to have a go if one of his "horses" is not in the final, as he is one of the best players I know and has a very dry sense of humour, I think he could do an excellent stint on the mic, I don't see this costing more than 5 pints Smiley

Cheers Rob
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 05:33:49 PM by robyong » Logged
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #999 on: December 21, 2011, 05:44:24 PM »

I would like Keith Johnson to have a go if one of his "horses" is not in the final.

I guess this is my fault for depriving the community of the invaluable experience of Keiths commentary. Sorry for my continued awesomeness Tongue

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: December 21, 2011, 05:55:18 PM »

I would like Keith Johnson to have a go if one of his "horses" is not in the final.

I guess this is my fault for depriving the community of the invaluable experience of Keiths commentary. Sorry for my continued awesomeness Tongue

lol, v good.

Impressive table image Sir and very well done, some way to go to reach the zen like Cody image but you'll go far imo

sola virtus nobilitat
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: December 21, 2011, 06:13:31 PM »

It was a trial/pilot, so we were more interested in actually getting a picture of the web site that people could view - rather than the actual content -

pictures were excellent on the final, best I've seen on a live stream and lovely and stable. one thing that I've not seen mentioned though, the sound was out of sync for me quite a lot of the time by about a second

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: December 21, 2011, 06:21:24 PM »

Hi All

Thanks for all the criticism, unfortunately i am just old school ( got lucky coming 4th in Malta WPT ), have no idea what you excellent players are up to with all these new terms and moves so i just tried to do a reasonable Job for 10 hours after working 3 x 12 - 14 hour consecutive days to work with our staff and provide the Monte Carlo.

I totally agree that we should get some players to share the commentary next time and as Rob says hopefully there will be many willing to do it. I think Alex would be good.

On a side note, i have had a word with Numpty and for a little chicken and rice and a bowl of water he says he will do an hour or two and agrees with Pleno he can probably do a better job.

Have a great christmas

ACES

« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 07:02:16 PM by DTD-ACES » Logged

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: December 21, 2011, 06:24:22 PM »

Hi All

Thanks for all the criticism, unfortunately i am just old school ( got lucky coming 4th in Malta WPT ), have no idea what you excellent players are up to with all these new terms and moves so i just tried to do a reasonable Job for 10 hours after working 3 x 12 - 14 hour consecutive days to work with our staff and provide the Monte Carlo.

I totally agree that we should get some players to share the commentary next time and as Rob says hopefully there will be many willing to do it. I think Alex would be good.

On a side note, i have had a word with Numpty and for a little chicken and rice and a bowl of water he says he will do an hour or two and agrees with Pleno he can probably do a better job.

Have a great christmas

fAeCES

Lol excellent post Simon. Will TRY not to final again next time and have a go in the commentary box.

Merry Christmas,

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: December 21, 2011, 06:31:43 PM »

Hi All

Have a great christmas

fAeCES

Lol excellent post Simon. Will TRY not to final again next time and have a go in the commentary box.

Merry Christmas,
he is on about about Alex Hottiwell......iOH MY GOD is there no end to your arrogance and vanity Smiley
merry christmas

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: