blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 12:38:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272881 Posts in 66758 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make thin ....Here we go again !
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 305 306 [307] 308 309 310 311 ... 341 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make thin ....Here we go again !  (Read 497392 times)
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #4590 on: December 31, 2014, 06:42:33 PM »

Is anyone having a fresh crack at this for 2015?

Weighed myself this morning 15 stone 7 lbs. Was 12 stone when I met my wife 15 months ago. Can't go on like this or I will be getting craned out this house! Signing up to do the 3 peak challenge with work, aiming to get back to 12-13 and a healthy feeling.

Will do an official start weigh on the 2nd.

Are you doing the national 3 peaks ?
Good luck with it

I am starting again ...again the second week in January

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #4591 on: December 31, 2014, 06:43:26 PM »

Weighed myself this morning 15 stone 7 lbs. Was 12 stone when I met my wife 15 months ago. Can't go on like this or I will be getting craned out this house! Signing up to do the 3 peak challenge with work, aiming to get back to 12-13 and a healthy feeling.

Yes

Did really well until about Sept this year. Working mainly 2pm till late most days meant my weekly walks of 20-30 miles became zero due to laziness really

Made a massive difference, if i can start the walks again i know the weight will go with them

gd lk all
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #4592 on: December 31, 2014, 07:00:21 PM »

Are you doing the national 3 peaks ?
Good luck with it

I am starting again ...again the second week in January

I think that's the one. Mini bus and 24 hours doing a corporate team. Should be fun, I did the Rob Roy Challenge 2013. Need something to aim at! Best enjoy the sausage rolls tonight while I can.

Gl all
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #4593 on: December 31, 2014, 09:50:15 PM »

Yep, I will be restarting. Was going to start the 2nd Jan, but going to keep to Mondays so will start the 5th Jan.
Planning on Vegas in May so want to be under 14st by then. Want to be a fit 14st too.
Had planned to do a half marathon in March but knee has messed that plan up

Saw the Dr about my knee, he doesn't know what is wrong, except to say lose weight..lol  defo not that, but have been rewarded with being referred to physio, which will no doubt involve some clueless teenager giving me a few exercises to do will which just aggravate it!!!
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4594 on: January 01, 2015, 05:55:25 PM »

Cymru am byth
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #4595 on: January 02, 2015, 05:25:21 PM »

Starting weight - January 9th 2014: 21st 5lbs
                          January 22nd: 20st 8lbs
                          January 27th: 20st 3lbs
                         February 3rd: 20st 1lbs
                         February 10th: 19st 13lbs
                         February 17th: 19st 9lbs
                         February 24th: 19st 7lbs
                               March 2nd: 19st 1 lbs
                               March 10th: 18st 13lbs
                               March 17th: 18st 9lbs
                               March 24th: 18st 9lbs
                               March 31st: 18st 4lbs
                               April 7th: 17st 12lbs
                               April 14th: 17st 13lbs
                               April 21st: 17st 10lbs
                               April 27th: 17st 8lbs
                               May 5th: 17st 8lbs
                               May 12th: 17st 8lbs
                               January 2nd 2015: 16st 1lbs

That last 1st and 7lbs loss for the last half year only became difficult when I thought it would be a clever idea to have a 5 months oil binge on this Vegan diet, along with lots of nuts, effectively becoming an unhealthy vegan.

I'm flying now back on the whole foods, plant based, no nut, no oil diet and I am dropping fat quickly while maintaining muscle.

My aim, and it seems pretty aggressive but I assure you I won't be trying to kill myself, is a 3-4lbs loss each week until mid feb where I will be at around 14st 7lbs and my target weight.

Looked up pro goalkeepers of similar height and looked at their weights and the biggest I could see was Manuel Neuer at 14st 7lbs and as I have a broad build, that isn't a terrible target. I have ambitions to play only semi pro somewhere and would not compare myself to Neuer in terms of technical ability lol. Even though I am somewhat delusional, it doesn't exceed that far, ha.

Going to be training 2 and a half hours a day for 5 days a week average. Mainly going to be split into two daily sessions of around an hour. One for cardio and anaerobic work, the other on weights and flexibility.

Going to start measuring my body fat at the end of the month, with the goal of pushing it below 10% by the middle of the year.

Good luck to the new years resolutions peeps btw, I sort of had one last year and somewhat kept to it. It can be done muaha.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 05:27:48 PM by Ant040689 » Logged
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #4596 on: January 03, 2015, 11:17:33 AM »

Weigh in start as of this morning! Actually looking forward to dieting I feel so sluggish ATM through booze and crap food!

Going to try and get to the gym most nights and aiming big for January! Gl everyone
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #4597 on: January 03, 2015, 09:39:22 PM »

Starting weight - January 9th 2014: 21st 5lbs
                          January 22nd: 20st 8lbs
                          January 27th: 20st 3lbs
                         February 3rd: 20st 1lbs
                         February 10th: 19st 13lbs
                         February 17th: 19st 9lbs
                         February 24th: 19st 7lbs
                               March 2nd: 19st 1 lbs
                               March 10th: 18st 13lbs
                               March 17th: 18st 9lbs
                               March 24th: 18st 9lbs
                               March 31st: 18st 4lbs
                               April 7th: 17st 12lbs
                               April 14th: 17st 13lbs
                               April 21st: 17st 10lbs
                               April 27th: 17st 8lbs
                               May 5th: 17st 8lbs
                               May 12th: 17st 8lbs
                               January 2nd 2015: 16st 1lbs

That last 1st and 7lbs loss for the last half year only became difficult when I thought it would be a clever idea to have a 5 months oil binge on this Vegan diet, along with lots of nuts, effectively becoming an unhealthy vegan.

I'm flying now back on the whole foods, plant based, no nut, no oil diet and I am dropping fat quickly while maintaining muscle.

My aim, and it seems pretty aggressive but I assure you I won't be trying to kill myself, is a 3-4lbs loss each week until mid feb where I will be at around 14st 7lbs and my target weight.

Looked up pro goalkeepers of similar height and looked at their weights and the biggest I could see was Manuel Neuer at 14st 7lbs and as I have a broad build, that isn't a terrible target. I have ambitions to play only semi pro somewhere and would not compare myself to Neuer in terms of technical ability lol. Even though I am somewhat delusional, it doesn't exceed that far, ha.

Going to be training 2 and a half hours a day for 5 days a week average. Mainly going to be split into two daily sessions of around an hour. One for cardio and anaerobic work, the other on weights and flexibility.

Going to start measuring my body fat at the end of the month, with the goal of pushing it below 10% by the middle of the year.

Good luck to the new years resolutions peeps btw, I sort of had one last year and somewhat kept to it. It can be done muaha.

Congrats Ant, 5 stone loss is a hell of an achievement
leethefish

View Profile
« Reply #4598 on: January 03, 2015, 11:20:28 PM »

Congratulations ant !! I am really impressed
Really great effort all year very hard to keep up

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #4599 on: January 04, 2015, 01:00:43 AM »

Congratulations ant !! I am really impressed
Really great effort all year very hard to keep up

When i behaved as i should, eating clean, it was and is very easy to maintain.

I can eat in abundance whenever i am hungry and the weight will fly off of me, with the exercise too of course. But I lost the first 4 stone by diet alone, which handily meant i was light enough to do more aggressive exercise and from a place of much better comfort, both on my cardio system and on joints. I do not think dairy and meat worked for me to be honest, it always wasn't digested properly (i compare to what i eat now, which is digested superbly), even when i was 18 years old and slim and relatively fit, i was still getting regular indigestion and finding cardio always tougher than it probably should have been.

I had to find this diet or I would still be in the same anxious roundabout entrapment of yo-yoing weight loss and weight gain that i would imagine a lot of you on thread here are suffering from. The incessant need to count calories, making sure you are regimented in your plan just so you can actually lose weight. It all seems unnatural to me. You should eat when you are hungry and eat until pleasantly full.

With what I am doing I eat until full over and over again during the day with all the carbs I want. Mainly brown rice and potatoes, both of which can be scented beautifully. Then I can add in my vegetables essenced with an array of different sauces to my own choosing. Can also have wholewheat noodles in a lovely sauce, with veg. Same with wholewheat pasta. Also throw in food from the legumes family, like lentils, mung beans, kidney beans etc. It is lovely.

If any of you get to a wits end with the frustration of a tough diet, check out these books

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Starch-Solution-Regain-Health/dp/1623360277
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Prevent-Reverse-Heart-Disease-Nutrition-Based/dp/1583333002/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1420329006&sr=1-1&keywords=esselstyn

They argue very well about the benefits of the diet and I was well convinced after reading the latter of those links. I have not got around to reading The Starch Solution yet, mainly because both books advise on the same diet of Vegan, no oil, no nuts.

The Esselstyn book there is only 100 pages long of theory anyway, so is an easy read. The rest is made up of meal plans.

The food is really filling, never had any hunger twangs to deal with. I am having my muscle maintained or increasing, while the fat is dripping. Also your taste buds change to really appreciate the fruits and foods you are eating, untainted by stuff that hyper stimulates, that are found in western world foods, so i don't miss the previous lust i used to have for meat feast pizzas. Ha.

It will be a shame if none of you even consider it for yourselves, but I will understand why, as I too before the start of January 2014 would have turned my nose up at anyone suggesting I not eat meat and dairy, but I would love it if you could inform yourself on it anyway regardless of what you do. Especially because I know just how tough it is to lug around too much weight, and I was really terribly morbidly obese.

You can also get off tablets of Hypertension with a Doctor's consent, and eradicate type 2 diabetes with this diet, also in cases reversing heart disease or the general clogging of your blood vessels, by having your body naturally remove the build up of fatty plaque in your vessels. The argument being that without dietary cholesterol in your diet, you give your body the chance to heal itself.

The fat on this diet is in the plants and grains, and it is enough to sustain you well. Along with protein that is found in all the foods too and especially the beans, lentils etc. But you only need around 10% protein anyway.

But I must stop now, I have babbled for too long and am fully aware i am probably coming across as a preachy so and so. I guess I just have an absolute love for this diet because it has changed my life, so apologies for over the top nature here Smiley

If you can't be arsed to read more up on it and prefer to watch a video, this documentary is really quite good. Think this link will take you to it, and you will hear from the pros on it, rather than me, a layman. It's called Forks Over Knives...

http://beautifulvegans.com/forks.html

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #4600 on: January 04, 2015, 01:02:07 AM »

Ty Vegaslover and Leethefish for the congrats btw, it's really appreciated  Grin
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #4601 on: January 04, 2015, 01:12:30 AM »

If you read that mammoth post, this next bit would have some relevance.

Beer is still left on the table ffs, beer! Ha.
leethefish

View Profile
« Reply #4602 on: January 04, 2015, 11:27:26 AM »

Thanks for that post ant very interesting !

www.ageuk.org.uk/

leethefish

View Profile
« Reply #4603 on: January 04, 2015, 11:38:43 AM »

I am very motivated again when I woke this morning I couldn't wait to jump on the scales and make a start!
My plan was to start next Sunday but I am looking foreword so much I am starting today.

I know most of you will just think (and rightly so) lol lee is going to fail again and what's the point etc

But I do struggle at work and hate the fact that I've some nice shirts that ive never worn cos I'm so fat my 40" jeans are tight and I'm generally uncomfortable.

I am hoping to go back to Tunisia in July which gives me  6 months to get to that elusive 15 stone !

Week 1  4/01/2015   17 stone 3 lb

www.ageuk.org.uk/

Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #4604 on: January 04, 2015, 11:43:01 AM »

Gl Lee and all you other weight loss chappies.

Steve
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 305 306 [307] 308 309 310 311 ... 341 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: