blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:34:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272586 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 198 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 959098 times)
Lucky

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2895 on: March 20, 2015, 08:25:08 PM »

Yeah check that thread and ask there but I think last minute flights to Vegas are like £800 return plus the cost of hotel on top.

There's millions of things to do there that isn't poker or gambling

Just booked to be there from June 18th to 21st. Then flying on to Boston to meet up with family there.
Haven't booked a hotel yet, but planning to play my first ever WSOP event ( the seniors event on 19th). Quite excited about that. It seems sensible to stay at The Rio.

It seems to be an expensive weekend. Does anyone have any discount codes or advice on the best ( cheapest) way to book?
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: March 20, 2015, 08:27:11 PM »

Yeah check that thread and ask there but I think last minute flights to Vegas are like £800 return plus the cost of hotel on top.

Just booked to be there from June 18th to 21st. Then flying on to Boston to meet up with family there.
Haven't booked a hotel yet, but planning to play my first ever WSOP event ( the seniors event on 19th). Quite excited about that. It seems sensible to stay at The Rio.

It seems to be an expensive weekend. Does anyone have any discount codes or advice on the best ( cheapest) way to book?

Alan, that's EDC weekend. You haven't a hope in hell of getting anything cheap. Basically its a festival that gets 400,000 attendees over the 3 days. That's 135,000 a day. They all need hotel rooms. Prices go up massively.

Is it just you going? The Gold Coast could be worth looking at if so. Rio & Palms will be full of grinders staying there for a month.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 08:37:45 PM by sharplea » Logged
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: March 21, 2015, 11:45:07 AM »

Had a quick skim of the planet Hollywood schedule. Really like what they've done - basically every weekend there's a big event on at the Rio, they are mirroring them with a mini version.

Look to be some dealers choice and PLO8 on the schedule too:
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: March 21, 2015, 12:02:48 PM »

Had a quick skim of the planet Hollywood schedule. Really like what they've done - basically every weekend there's a big event on at the Rio, they are mirroring them with a mini version.

The schedule is here......

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/65/mttc-live/planet-hollywood-phamous-poker-series-1519584/

It's not been added to the master spready yet, but I daresay it will be quite soon.

I played there once last year, same night as Tal Bloke, but the the (lack of) organisation was woeful, & there was bloody loud MUSIC.

Might go play the PLO & PLO8 if it does not clash with anything.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: March 21, 2015, 12:20:12 PM »

The schedule is here......

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/65/mttc-live/planet-hollywood-phamous-poker-series-1519584/

It's not been added to the master spready yet, but I daresay it will be quite soon.

I played there once last year, same night as Tal Bloke, but the the (lack of) organisation was woeful, & there was bloody loud MUSIC.

Might go play the PLO & PLO8 if it does not clash with anything.

Was that the night I outlasted you in a PLO comp?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
brookie

View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: March 21, 2015, 06:23:36 PM »

group off my friends going out on the 23/4 for a week is there a poker series between them dates does any one now
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: March 21, 2015, 06:33:59 PM »

group off my friends going out on the 23/4 for a week is there a poker series between them dates does any one now

I'd take a flyer at no, due to a little one starting the month after Grin

Still plenty of stuff going on up and down the strip at all buyin levels.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: March 21, 2015, 06:39:03 PM »

Alan, that's EDC weekend. You haven't a hope in hell of getting anything cheap. Basically its a festival that gets 400,000 attendees over the 3 days. That's 135,000 a day. They all need hotel rooms. Prices go up massively.

Is it just you going? The Gold Coast could be worth looking at if so. Rio & Palms will be full of grinders staying there for a month.

Had a quick look last night, but couldn't find much... Gold Coast is well over £300 for that weekend, and a few around the same price on the strip (low end)

El Cortez best priced @ 180 on Trivago, but then you're doing long bus journeys etc.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: March 22, 2015, 07:48:23 AM »

The Planet Holywood schedule has now been added to the spready.

http://bitly.com/2015WSOP

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
sm00035

View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: March 22, 2015, 09:31:51 PM »

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could advise me on the best site to search for flights on?

I am extremely flexible in that I am looking to go to vegas for 10-15 days, although based in london, would be willing to fly out of Manchester, Midlands etc. My only real requirement is that I need to be in vegas for the night of July 11th and I would like that to be towards the end of my stay (i.e don't want to be arriving on the 8th July etc). All I am looking for is best value/cheapest flight

Any help would be much appreciated
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: March 22, 2015, 09:33:16 PM »

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could advise me on the best site to search for flights on?

I am extremely flexible in that I am looking to go to vegas for 10-15 days, although based in london, would be willing to fly out of Manchester, Midlands etc. My only real requirement is that I need to be in vegas for the night of July 11th and I would like that to be towards the end of my stay (i.e don't want to be arriving on the 8th July etc). All I am looking for is best value/cheapest flight

Try "Skyscanner".

Need to fiddle about a bit with the filters, but it's very good.

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: March 22, 2015, 10:27:02 PM »

Hi,

Try "Skyscanner".

Need to fiddle about a bit with the filters, but it's very good.

www.skyscanner.net or www.kayak.co.uk

I use the former for returns from any UK airport (just search UK to Vegas for July and it will give you best prices for the month), and the latter if I want to return to a different airport (eg fly from Manchester return to London). If you're looking for value I would suggest flying from Dublin on the way out - saves a shitload in taxes, a lot more than it costs to take a one way positioning flight.
Lucky

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2907 on: March 23, 2015, 02:09:52 PM »

Just booked to be there from June 18th to 22nd. Then flying on to Boston to meet up with family there.

Thanks  Adam (and Marky) - it is just me. My wife and her sons are going to Boston for 9/10 days. I've got them to agree for me to have a few days in Vegas and then meet them in Boston. The dates seemed ideal as they coincide with the seniors event that I'm keen  to play (and will play). I had no idea about EDC - its not my scene but I guess it'll make the place colourful.   

Given I'm only there a few days (and hopefully playing a tourney for most of it!), I'd rather stay at the Rio and cut down on travel costs and time.  I was keen to know the best way to book the Rio. The best I've seen so far is on a site called Travel Republic - is that a reputable site?
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: March 23, 2015, 02:33:20 PM »

Hi Guys  

Still a Vegas Virgin however I've just got the green light to make the trip this year.

Definitely something Im looking forward to it but needs a good amount of planning.

Ill be looking to fly in on June 12/13th and will be playing  mainly a WSOP NL schedule culminating with the main event (likely to be playing Day 1B on June the 6th )

To all intent and purposes I guess you could call this a working holiday so although I like the odd drink I'm no party animal and would prefer a quiet hotel with a gym and swimming pool ideally not too far away from the poker action .

I've read through most of this thread and like Simons Vdra Hotel suggestion but was wondering for 3/4 weeks has anybody got any alternatives or indication of prices if you were to block book etc.

Any Accommodation Advice or just general tips would be appreciated.

Cheers & Thanks in Advance

Fraser

palms place mate, vdara really expensive this year. i can send you some slightly cheaper prices if you want.

Just had a quick look on Main Event, and Low Cost USA, and you can get 28 days at Palms Place for ~£2100 with LCUSA (exc resort fee), or £2400 for 30 days with MET (unsure about resort fee)

If you're looking to put in most of your volume at the Rio, this would be ideal. As it has it's own fitness centre & spa etc.

Ebookers had Vdara for £102 per day, which comes out at £3.4k for 28 days, when you add in the resort fees.

Given that your dates encompass the 3 days of EDC, that's not a bad deal, as even bad hotels are very expensive that weekend.

If you're wanting to be on the strip for the that long, I'd suggest doing what I used to do when I was more mobile, and stay in 2-3 hotels, dependent on length of trip.
[/quote]

Right all booked , I did quite a lot of research on this and the Palms Place has come way out on top especially on price.

As Mark suggested I ended up booking through Low Cost USA ( these boys are pretty hot especially if you phone them rather than on line (01793  841420 )

So 28 days from the 11th of June has cost me slightly over £2000 including Limo to resort and back on top of that resort fees are $22 x 28 days = $616)

My flight was more difficult to book my dates but eventually sorted with Virgin for £800 return so total spend for 28 days is  £3200 so all in all very pleased.

Cheers for all  your help & advice  guys
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: March 23, 2015, 02:51:06 PM »

Alan, ordinarily I'd suggest checking out wsop.com for qualifying criteria for a poker rate but I would have to imagine that weekend is blacked out already due to the aforementioned EDC.  Probably still worth a look though.

Edit: out of curiosity I took a look myself.. $214/$389/$389 (and $214 on Day 4 if you need it)

Horrible rates for the Rio ordinarily, but that may or may not be competitive with what else you can find.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 02:54:44 PM by Simon Galloway » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 190 191 192 193 [194] 195 196 197 198 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: