blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:49:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 7326 7327 7328 7329 [7330] 7331 7332 7333 7334 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13438807 times)
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109935 on: December 08, 2015, 11:23:22 PM »

Surprised they let you get away with that as not meant to blatantly hedge. Obv plenty of people do it elsewhere still but I'm always more inclined to use the free £50 as a meaty bet to nothing. More fun Smiley

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
NoCardDSC

View Profile
« Reply #109936 on: December 08, 2015, 11:30:21 PM »

Surprised they let you get away with that as not meant to blatantly hedge. Obv plenty of people do it elsewhere still but I'm always more inclined to use the free £50 as a meaty bet to nothing. More fun Smiley

Yeah really quite strange how it has never flagged up - must have done it 10-15 times and had a very decent win rate.

Can do another where you find a player on the goal scorer list, who is't even on the team sheet - pick them to score first and the your in-play is literally anything you like - as your pre match gets refunded.
BiloxiDesire

View Profile
« Reply #109937 on: December 08, 2015, 11:42:46 PM »

Not sure what I think about this one but just noticed the odds and thought it may be worth a discussion...

https://sports.betway.com/#/soccer/specials/england-specials

A vote by fans for player of the season, apparently done on the FA website.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_FA_England_Awards

Rooney is the hot favourite (as you'd probably expect with him beating the England goalscoring record), but given short term-ism of fans and how Rooney has been slated left, right and centre since the start of the season...

The only real opposition I can see to him on the list though is Vardy at 20/1, is there enough pull for him to be able to take the vote away from Rooney? Solely based on his PL scoring, obviously not his England performances...

As I say I'm not entirely sure that there's any way it won't be Rooney but thought it was worth raising.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #109938 on: December 08, 2015, 11:50:10 PM »

San Francisco 49ers are somehow underdogs against the woeful Cleveland Browns. The Browns have decided to start Johnny Manziel at QB. When it comes to quiet nights in, he's somewhere between Lewis Hamilton, Mario Balotelli and Peter O'Toole. Why play him? Well, the head coach, Mike Pettine, needs him to perform like he can because that's the best chance of the coach keeping his own job.

Pettine reportedly doesn't trust Manziel at all and doesn't expect him to change from being a complete off the field liability, but he's the most dynamic option and the Browns need to know whether they have to draft another QB in the summer. Having the 26th best pass protecting offensive line out of 32 and no receivers doesn't exactly help...

Don't worry, they're even worse at run blocking.  Worse than everyone else.

The 49ers are playing decent football. They're not great but they have started to play together for each other. Blaine Gabbert looks like the QB the Jaguars drafted the year the Panthers picked Cam Newton, rather than the one they released two years later.

Even money to win or +1.5 on the spread. Any views? Just feels like one of those hold your nose and bet situations.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #109939 on: December 09, 2015, 11:06:07 AM »

San Francisco 49ers are somehow underdogs against the woeful Cleveland Browns. The Browns have decided to start Johnny Manziel at QB. When it comes to quiet nights in, he's somewhere between Lewis Hamilton, Mario Balotelli and Peter O'Toole. Why play him? Well, the head coach, Mike Pettine, needs him to perform like he can because that's the best chance of the coach keeping his own job.

Pettine reportedly doesn't trust Manziel at all and doesn't expect him to change from being a complete off the field liability, but he's the most dynamic option and the Browns need to know whether they have to draft another QB in the summer. Having the 26th best pass protecting offensive line out of 32 and no receivers doesn't exactly help...

Don't worry, they're even worse at run blocking.  Worse than everyone else.

The 49ers are playing decent football. They're not great but they have started to play together for each other. Blaine Gabbert looks like the QB the Jaguars drafted the year the Panthers picked Cam Newton, rather than the one they released two years later.

Even money to win or +1.5 on the spread. Any views? Just feels like one of those hold your nose and bet situations.

i couldn't have the Browns as favourites. yes at home but all so dysfunctional. are the team even playing for their coach, i doubt it

we don't want the 49ers to win, of course, but might have to back them here

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #109940 on: December 09, 2015, 11:06:50 AM »

Thoughts on laying Trump? Surely he can't get the Republican nomination or Presidency now. Nate Silver and five thirty eight think he's drawing to 1% and that was prior to his most recent outburst. I laid some 4.9 today.

He's polling at 32% in Iowa, next best 14%

i think he goes shorter first.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #109941 on: December 09, 2015, 11:08:23 AM »

Not sure what I think about this one but just noticed the odds and thought it may be worth a discussion...

https://sports.betway.com/#/soccer/specials/england-specials

A vote by fans for player of the season, apparently done on the FA website.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_FA_England_Awards

Rooney is the hot favourite (as you'd probably expect with him beating the England goalscoring record), but given short term-ism of fans and how Rooney has been slated left, right and centre since the start of the season...

The only real opposition I can see to him on the list though is Vardy at 20/1, is there enough pull for him to be able to take the vote away from Rooney? Solely based on his PL scoring, obviously not his England performances...

As I say I'm not entirely sure that there's any way it won't be Rooney but thought it was worth raising.

thank you

we can't use Betway

but i wouldn't see Vardy in contention for this. one start,three sub appearances for england, all wide left. Hasn't done enough

when is the vote and the deadline, that must be crucial?

My eyes are open wide
BiloxiDesire

View Profile
« Reply #109942 on: December 09, 2015, 11:46:12 AM »

Based on last year it was around this time of the year, the market on Betway has it being settled on 1st Feb, so possibly a January vote.

The only reason I thought Vardy is that it's a vote by fans which might be swayed by his PL appearances rather than England, considering there's not been too much going on with England this year (aside from Rooney's record obviously).

If that's not the case does Rooney become value in what is essentially a 1-horse race if it's purely based on England games this year?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #109943 on: December 09, 2015, 12:28:58 PM »

Based on last year it was around this time of the year, the market on Betway has it being settled on 1st Feb, so possibly a January vote.

The only reason I thought Vardy is that it's a vote by fans which might be swayed by his PL appearances rather than England, considering there's not been too much going on with England this year (aside from Rooney's record obviously).

If that's not the case does Rooney become value in what is essentially a 1-horse race if it's purely based on England games this year?

to be frank, i wouldn't know who to vote for.

My eyes are open wide
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #109944 on: December 09, 2015, 12:55:51 PM »

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/league-2/oxford-v-carlisle/winner

Must be some value in Oxford at the weekend surely with the chaos in Cumbria?  Carlisle can't possibly have their mind focused on football at the minute with the floods.  Training this week must be nearly impossible.  Most of their cars are drowned in water at the ground after leaving them there for the fa cup game at the weekend.  Players offering their services to the public to help out all week will take their mind even more off the game away at the league leaders.  They seem very short Luton already but these are unique circumstances and they had a 600 mile round trip on Sunday in the fa cup and then another big road trip this weekend to Luton in the space of 6 days.  They got one of the worse defences in the league conceding 36 goals in 20 games even though they are in the top 6.  Not an ideal time to play the toughest game of the season away to the league leaders off short rest after a long road trip.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/league-2/oxford-v-carlisle/winner

Probably worth looking at some of the extreme hcap's imo with Luton having the best defence in the league.  Big prices on luton -2 and -3.  Anyone got any thoughts?

Are the Luton mentions typos? You're just talking about the Carlisle vs Oxford game I assume

I've had some of the Oxford -3 @ 12/1 and Oxford -4 @ 33/1 both with red man if Fred wants any

I've mentioned before a very good friend of mine is close to people in Carlisle set up, I've texted him to see if he's had any feedback.

Curle has Carlisle at a different level now and although still leaking goals the attack is on fire.

The team is a strong unit playing for each other and I think this disaster will bring them closer and wouldn't suggest a large bet against them.

Just seen my friend, he has told me Carlisle will not train all week and their preparation has been badly disrupted.

Make of that what you will.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #109945 on: December 09, 2015, 03:25:20 PM »

minnesota travel to arizona tomorrow on the back of a short week and a thrashing at the hands of seattle

their best pash rusher, run defender and defensive back are out.. Barr, Joseph, and Smith

and this was punished heavily in the seattle game

its carson palmer next....

the cardinals are the top scoring team in the NFL, 384 with lots of attacking weapons

is this as simple as buying points, buying arizona points, arizona skill player overs etc?

the cardinals are in for 27 points, to give one example

http://www.oddschecker.com/american-football/nfl/minnesota-vikings-at-arizona-cardinals/total-arizona-cardinals-points

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #109946 on: December 09, 2015, 04:54:01 PM »

i happened to catch this update on the PL handicap from corals

we have

watford +49   15/1   50   £25 e/w 1/4 1,2,3,4

which looks in decent shape.....

My eyes are open wide
engy

View Profile
« Reply #109947 on: December 09, 2015, 06:37:50 PM »

I live in Carlisle. The players have been down to the flooded bit of Warwick rd emptying houses and helping locals the last two days so definitely haven't trained
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #109948 on: December 09, 2015, 06:51:13 PM »

I live in Carlisle. The players have been down to the flooded bit of Warwick rd emptying houses and helping locals the last two days so definitely haven't trained

I think it was reported (on the BBC) that they were helping after training yesterday and not training today.   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #109949 on: December 09, 2015, 09:46:06 PM »

http://www.oddschecker.com/greyhounds/belle-vue/21:08/winner

huge inside bias at bv sky dogs tonight.  No way the fav in the last goes off 11/8.  Worthy of a lumpy bet if you can get the 11/8.

Sp evens (bf sp 2.32 after going as low as 2.12 on machine).  Other railer in the race just out trapped him and the fav was slightly checked up off the 2nd bend by another dog when already beat though.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 09:59:40 PM by arbboy » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7326 7327 7328 7329 [7330] 7331 7332 7333 7334 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: