blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:28:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8057 8058 8059 8060 [8061] 8062 8063 8064 8065 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13443224 times)
NoCardDSC

View Profile
« Reply #120900 on: August 24, 2016, 03:20:07 PM »

If you stake £100 on your card and come in another day to collect £220, you will more than likely be paid in cash.

They won't know your initial bet was via card unless you are a huge staking customer who they remember/have made a note of.

If you come in and load up £500 on a machine using your card, you're never getting paid any returns over maybe £200 in cash.

A lot of the time its about how much money they have in shop in their float rather than money laundering rules, as we all know theres fuck all money kept in bookies nowadays because of the threat of robberies etc.

Big winners have to wait for the insert to open (generally 30 mins, 15 some shops) or for the manager to make a trip to the bank if they want paying out in cash. The exception to this rule would be Saturday afternoons or big meetings.

I don't think this is necessarily true. Quite often they write 'CARD' on the betslip before photocopying it. They do then give you the option of cash or it going back on to the original card. Dependant on the amount.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #120901 on: August 24, 2016, 04:04:54 PM »

It depends on the bookie in my experience. Lads insisted I got paid back on the card. WH will give you cash if they have it.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #120902 on: August 24, 2016, 05:45:18 PM »

On Tighty's bets, ideally Fred should back the lot. When it comes to people who know what they're talking about ITT, Tighty on NFL takes some beating.

If we aren't going to do all of them, the ones that stand out to me are:

Luck passing yards
Palmer passing yards
Antonio Brown receiving yards (only Hills are 4 places 1/4)
Minnesota Vikings to win the NFC North
Tyrann Mathieu comeback player of the year
Arizona Cardinals to win the Superb Owl.

I have some thoughts myself but I'm going to do it after the bank holiday, as I am trying to put a season preview thing together (for my own purposes, largely).

Fred should definitely have a portfolio in this sport, though. Good for sweats and we have good knowledge, here.

Luck and Palmer 10/1, price gone
Mathieu 7/1 price gone

Arizona Cardinals Super Bowl Winner
12/1
Total Stake: £20.00
Potential Returns: £260.00

so i have done the three where there are still pricess from your favoured lot

Thanks Tighty.

Can you have a look at the "long list" too, please, & get on anything where the price remains value?

Were there no others we could get on at an acceptable price, Rich?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #120903 on: August 24, 2016, 06:27:34 PM »

very few of the prices are as recommended, those that are are with boyle/paddy etc.

could take a couple of points lower but instead lets take ideas from others to go alongside those placed already

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #120904 on: August 24, 2016, 06:29:39 PM »

very few of the prices are as recommended, those that are are with boyle/paddy etc.

could take a couple of points lower but instead lets take ideas from others to go alongside those placed already

OK, gotcha.

Hopefully a few will be put up in the next week or so.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #120905 on: August 24, 2016, 07:37:23 PM »

Where is arbboy?

got himself banned

up at the end of the month iirc

Haha how did he get himself banned?

Late night trip to Stellasville, at a guess Cheesy

Might have been, yes, though those are usually on a Friday, this was a Thursday.

He will be free to post again from this Sunday or Monday. Whether he will feel disposed to remains to be seen. Many will hope he returns (peacefully) & we can get on with making money & enjoying ourselves, which is the whole sort of idea.

Unfortunately the matter that sparked it has done severe damage to blonde, as it was not just Argue that disappeared that night, other(s) left blonde in protest, too, & have not been seen since, & it's unlikely they will. After something of a mini recovery in June & July, blonde's post count in August will be the lowest on record, the first 2 months of 2005 excepted, not even 4,000 posts.

Such a shame we can't all be civil to each other. We reap what we sow.

Tikay,

Was this all deleted ? I can't find it in arbs latest posts.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #120906 on: August 24, 2016, 07:43:33 PM »

i'll answer that quickly

a late night post that was deleted early the next morning (we were asleep, literally) but not before it upset a few, unfortunately

so no, nothing to see here anymore.....

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #120907 on: August 24, 2016, 07:43:54 PM »

Where is arbboy?

got himself banned

up at the end of the month iirc

Haha how did he get himself banned?

Late night trip to Stellasville, at a guess Cheesy

Might have been, yes, though those are usually on a Friday, this was a Thursday.

He will be free to post again from this Sunday or Monday. Whether he will feel disposed to remains to be seen. Many will hope he returns (peacefully) & we can get on with making money & enjoying ourselves, which is the whole sort of idea.

Unfortunately the matter that sparked it has done severe damage to blonde, as it was not just Argue that disappeared that night, other(s) left blonde in protest, too, & have not been seen since, & it's unlikely they will. After something of a mini recovery in June & July, blonde's post count in August will be the lowest on record, the first 2 months of 2005 excepted, not even 4,000 posts.

Such a shame we can't all be civil to each other. We reap what we sow.

Tikay,

Was this all deleted ? I can't find it in arbs latest posts.

Hi Lisa,

Yes, it was deleted that night.

Unfortunately, it was not deleted soon enough.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #120908 on: August 24, 2016, 07:46:02 PM »

Never realised Tighty had already replied, sorry. Same reply though.

A miserable month for blonde, August.

sonour

View Profile
« Reply #120909 on: August 24, 2016, 07:55:32 PM »

Is it cash only in Betting Shops?

I'm like HM The Queen, I don't generally carry cash. Filthy stuff.

No, you can use your debit card to pay and collect.

Is there any chance you could find walks with, PP, WH, Coral ?

I question the wisdom of using a debit card linked to banned accounts.  Surely they must check?

My mate, who is only a shop manager, says not. It's possible of course that they do and he doesn't know. They agree how much you can have on before they know how you are going to pay.

At the amounts Fred bets I don't see Tikay having any problems in London.

Tikay could always use a different debit card to the one linked to his Ladbrokes account.

Lisa will know better than me but I'd be amazed if they link the names.

I have fairly often paid with debit card and then got returns in cash which I'm pretty sure is against money laundering rules or at least guidance.

There's a shop by me that will take a bet by debit card but they can't credit winnings back to the card because the shop don't know the PIN or some kind of code they need to process refunds or maybe simply they don't know how to do it.
And it's been like this for 5 years that I know of.

Definitely against anti money laundering laws which say all winnings should be returned by the same method as the deposit.

I'm not sure they exactly say that, Lisa.

For instance, on some Online Poker Sites (those that are allied to Sports Betting Firms, & which have High St Shops), poker winnings at the table can be paid out in a High St Shop as cash. 

It used to be the case, too, that I could deposit cash in a Wm Hill shop, get a code, & that cash could be transferred to someone else on a Wm Hill Online platform by using that code.  A sort of "Gift Voucher" if you like. BoltPP would confirm if he were still around.

11.3 We operate a "Net Deposit" facility as part of our regulatory requirements and to combat money laundering, card theft and fraud. This means that you can only withdraw funds using the payment method with which those funds were originally deposited. When you are ready to withdraw funds you will see a "Net Deposit" amount next to each payment method registered on your Account, which will reflect the transactions carried out with that particular payment method over the previous 273 (two hundred and seventy three days). The "Net Deposit" amount is calculated by subtracting your total withdrawals from your total deposits for that payment method, meaning that you can only withdraw funds back to the payment method they came from. Where all your "Net Deposits" are zero (or below), you will be able to withdraw any extra funds in your Account back to any registered payment method. For an example of how "Net Deposits" work, see here.
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #120910 on: August 24, 2016, 07:58:28 PM »

I think there are some restrictions with most bookmakers.
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #120911 on: August 24, 2016, 08:19:16 PM »

Not for Fred but one book currently out of line for Asoro first scorer. Making his first start for Sunderland up front tonight vs Shrewsbury. Defoe doesn't play.
Weetabix

View Profile
« Reply #120912 on: August 25, 2016, 12:04:08 AM »

So that is where arbboy has gone.  I returned to the thread 'whatever happened to ?' the following
Morning and noticed his post has been deleted.  It didn't seem to be a nasty post, I thought it was quite amusing.

Certainly quiet around here.
Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #120913 on: August 25, 2016, 01:13:19 AM »

F1 bets will come tomorrow, been too busy with Formula E stuff, apologies.

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #120914 on: August 25, 2016, 10:00:22 AM »

re money laundering

I am having difficulty constructing a scenario where taking cash winnings from a debit card debt would aid money laundering.  That is like saying that an atm aids money laundering.  Paying winnings from a cash bet on to a debit card certainly would (and I seem to remember reading that this is allowed, which seems odd).

Obviously taking winnings in cash from a debit card bet increases the risk of financial crime eg a stolen debit card and pin can't be used to obtain money (tho why use them in a bookie rather than an atm?).
Pages: 1 ... 8057 8058 8059 8060 [8061] 8062 8063 8064 8065 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: