blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:00:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8058 8059 8060 8061 [8062] 8063 8064 8065 8066 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13444114 times)
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #120915 on: August 25, 2016, 01:08:57 PM »

re money laundering

I am having difficulty constructing a scenario where taking cash winnings from a debit card debt would aid money laundering.  That is like saying that an atm aids money laundering.  Paying winnings from a cash bet on to a debit card certainly would (and I seem to remember reading that this is allowed, which seems odd).

Obviously taking winnings in cash from a debit card bet increases the risk of financial crime eg a stolen debit card and pin can't be used to obtain money (tho why use them in a bookie rather than an atm?).

Agreed, its the wrong way round, if I could place large cash bets and then get the winnings put back on my bank card, that could be a useful service!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #120916 on: August 25, 2016, 02:15:59 PM »

re money laundering

I am having difficulty constructing a scenario where taking cash winnings from a debit card debt would aid money laundering.  That is like saying that an atm aids money laundering.  Paying winnings from a cash bet on to a debit card certainly would (and I seem to remember reading that this is allowed, which seems odd).

Obviously taking winnings in cash from a debit card bet increases the risk of financial crime eg a stolen debit card and pin can't be used to obtain money (tho why use them in a bookie rather than an atm?).

As I said the other day, it isn't likely to be against the law, it is just a bookies terms and conditions.  If the same card is used for money in and out then they can be sure it is the same person.  That may aid money laundering, but also means they know who is placing bets and who is receiving the payouts.  If they know that then the audit trail is easy.  Of course saying it is money laundering rules/laws is more palatable to the punter than saying we just like to keep tabs on you.  

Paying large sums of cash in is the big rag flag in financial services for instance.  That doesn't mean you can't do it, just that the law says the company should be understanding where it is coming from and if you are suspicious it should at least be be going up the chain internally.

I really don't think it can be the law because if you win then you are no longer limited to that card.  So I suspect the real reason is possibly around the charges on the use of bank cards.  If you spend £3k and get £3k back then I think there must be some cancelling of charges.  Once you go any further then they lose that cancelling out, so it becomes more expensive.  i assume a shop doesn't get charged as much for transactions when it pays refunds.  Or say if they incorrectly enter £70 instead of £60, I assume the £70 gets cancelled without charges, and they restart with the £60.  This is all just guesswork, but seems a more logical reason for the first sentence in this paragraph.

The regulations are here if someone wants to try and point to the relevant part that says charges must go back to the same debit card.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2007/2157/pdfs/uksi_20072157_en.pdf

These are going to be a bit out of dates, as bits will get amended as time goes on by other legslation or statutory changes.

Anyway, anyone got any +EV bets?  Arbboy?

edit

Just found this.

https://online.worldpay.com/pricing

Do you charge for refunds?

There is no charge to process refunds, however the fee for processing the original order cannot be returned.

So if the bookie can say that the first 3k of winnings was a refund, he gets no bank charges.  I have never worked in the finance department of a bookie, but this makes sense to me. 
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 02:20:50 PM by Doobs » Logged

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #120917 on: August 25, 2016, 02:19:03 PM »

before i write it up, would anyone be able to help and get a £20 bet on for TfT with Ladbrokes?

Ladbrokes only

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #120918 on: August 25, 2016, 02:21:19 PM »

before i write it up, would anyone be able to help and get a £20 bet on for TfT with Ladbrokes?

Ladbrokes only

scared

PS - Today's walk is imminent - 1.30 ish, so hurry up if I need to break my duck.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 02:22:56 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #120919 on: August 25, 2016, 02:22:14 PM »

yup Tighty. Lemme know.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #120920 on: August 25, 2016, 02:23:13 PM »

I LOVE ANT

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #120921 on: August 25, 2016, 02:27:25 PM »

I LOVE ANT

Damn you Ant , damn you.

It could have been such a wonderful adventure.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #120922 on: August 25, 2016, 02:29:45 PM »

I LOVE ANT

Damn you Ant , damn you.

It could have been such a wonderful adventure.

Had I known what i was denying i would have shut up, ha.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #120923 on: August 25, 2016, 02:30:30 PM »

Second ODI Saturday at Lords

Pakistan's batting is weak for ODIs. Mixture of inexperience and out of form in the top order

top 4 is

Azhar. captain and going to be favourite. top scorer yesterday
Sharjeel. great if he comes off but bit hit and miss
Hafeez. might as well be batting with a bin lid in his current form. might hit the ball then, but would probably edge it
barbar at 4 is 21, talented lad but at the stage where he's scoring 40s and 50s and not going on for big ones

then we have wicketkeeper batsman Sarfraz Ahmed, batting at 5 who is priced at 10-1 with Ladbrokes.

He scored 55 at Southampton and has over 1100 ODI runs in his 45 career innings to date.

he's the T20 captain, could be in for a lot of overs and scores fast

10-1 is a big price with such a fragile top order above him. Ladbrokes have him down as batting 7 or 8. batting 5 he should be something like 11/2 -6/1

link is

http://www.oddschecker.com/cricket/england-v-pakistan/2nd-odi/top-pakistan-batsman

My eyes are open wide
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #120924 on: August 25, 2016, 02:34:45 PM »

done 20 on.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #120925 on: August 25, 2016, 02:35:21 PM »

thanks, tikay fancy doing some more on your walk?

purely for practice.....

My eyes are open wide
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #120926 on: August 25, 2016, 02:58:33 PM »

Pakistan's batting is weak for ODIs. Mixture of inexperience and out of form in the top order

top 4 is

Hafeez. might as well be batting with a bin lid in his current form. might hit the ball then, but would probably edge it
barbar at 4 is 21, talented lad but at the stage where he's scoring 40s and 50s and not going on for big ones

then we have wicketkeeper batsman Sarfraz Ahmed, batting at 5 who is priced at 10-1 with Ladbrokes.

He scored 55 at Southampton and has over 1100 ODI runs in his 45 career innings to date.

10-1 is a big price with such a fragile top order above him. Ladbrokes have him down as batting 7 or 8. batting 5 he should be something like 11/2 -6/1

link is

http://www.oddschecker.com/cricket/england-v-pakistan/2nd-odi/top-pakistan-batsman

Yes I like this, I backed him yesterday. The rain delay came at the wrong time as he was going along nicely.

Think I'd like Tikay to put another 20 quid on. Only in the shop obvs.
NoCardDSC

View Profile
« Reply #120927 on: August 25, 2016, 03:07:41 PM »

top 4 is

link is

Yes I like this, I backed him yesterday. The rain delay came at the wrong time as he was going along nicely.

Think I'd like Tikay to put another 20 quid on. Only in the shop obvs.

Price down to when I tried to get on 10 mins ago
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #120928 on: August 25, 2016, 03:15:17 PM »

HAM: "As far as I’m aware we will be taking the engine penalty this weekend."

http://www.oddschecker.com/motorsport/formula-one/belgian-grand-prix/winner

4/1 in a spot now

My eyes are open wide
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #120929 on: August 25, 2016, 03:31:07 PM »

HAM: "As far as I’m aware we will be taking the engine penalty this weekend."

http://www.oddschecker.com/motorsport/formula-one/belgian-grand-prix/winner

4/1 in a spot now

5/1 now.  Presumably he is starting 6+.  But he could lose up to 20 places?  8/11 Nico is the price we should be looking at?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 8058 8059 8060 8061 [8062] 8063 8064 8065 8066 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: