blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:19:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8059 8060 8061 8062 [8063] 8064 8065 8066 8067 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13443419 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #120930 on: August 25, 2016, 03:32:42 PM »

thanks, tikay fancy doing some more on your walk?

purely for practice.....

Now then, as it happens.....

I decided to do a dry run, left here at a shade after 1.30pm, & would have been in the Shop at around 1.55.

Went up to the bloke behind the counter, bla bla, & he quoted me 7/1.

Most interesting experience. Not a white board in the place, all TV's & things. I thought there would be touch screen terminals where you could look up the bet, print off a ticket & give it to the geezer behind the counter.  No such luck,. you just go to the bloke & ask him. Jeez, these places are 20 years behind the times.

Still, on the bright side, they have roulette machines, so I  invested a few bob on 5, 17 & 35, & won nothing*. Bloke behind the counter said those numbers have not come up for years in his shop. Which pleased me no end.

* May not be true, but had to dig out Jim.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #120931 on: August 25, 2016, 05:26:08 PM »

thanks, tikay fancy doing some more on your walk?

purely for practice.....

Now then, as it happens.....

I decided to do a dry run, left here at a shade after 1.30pm, & would have been in the Shop at around 1.55.

Went up to the bloke behind the counter, bla bla, & he quoted me 7/1.

Most interesting experience. Not a white board in the place, all TV's & things. I thought there would be touch screen terminals where you could look up the bet, print off a ticket & give it to the geezer behind the counter.  No such luck,. you just go to the bloke & ask him. Jeez, these places are 20 years behind the times.

Still, on the bright side, they have roulette machines, so I  invested a few bob on 5, 17 & 35, & won nothing*. Bloke behind the counter said those numbers have not come up for years in his shop. Which pleased me no end.

* May not be true, but had to dig out Jim.
t

No topless board markers ? Ridiculous , you need to cast your net wider .
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #120932 on: August 25, 2016, 10:04:15 PM »

re money laundering

I am having difficulty constructing a scenario where taking cash winnings from a debit card debt would aid money laundering.  That is like saying that an atm aids money laundering.  Paying winnings from a cash bet on to a debit card certainly would (and I seem to remember reading that this is allowed, which seems odd).

Obviously taking winnings in cash from a debit card bet increases the risk of financial crime eg a stolen debit card and pin can't be used to obtain money (tho why use them in a bookie rather than an atm?).

Because there is a limit on how much you can withdraw at an ATM in a day
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #120933 on: August 25, 2016, 10:06:40 PM »

re money laundering

I am having difficulty constructing a scenario where taking cash winnings from a debit card debt would aid money laundering.  That is like saying that an atm aids money laundering.  Paying winnings from a cash bet on to a debit card certainly would (and I seem to remember reading that this is allowed, which seems odd).

Obviously taking winnings in cash from a debit card bet increases the risk of financial crime eg a stolen debit card and pin can't be used to obtain money (tho why use them in a bookie rather than an atm?).

Agreed, its the wrong way round, if I could place large cash bets and then get the winnings put back on my bank card, that could be a useful service!

You definitely can. I have never been refused winnings being paid back to a debit card from a cash bet from a bookies shop.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #120934 on: August 25, 2016, 10:59:03 PM »

HAM: "As far as I’m aware we will be taking the engine penalty this weekend."

http://www.oddschecker.com/motorsport/formula-one/belgian-grand-prix/winner

4/1 in a spot now

5/1 now.  Presumably he is starting 6+.  But he could lose up to 20 places?  8/11 Nico is the price we should be looking at?

Nico now best 3/5 and that isn't with a traditional bookie.  Just way too slow, losing my touch.

edit
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/37137917

8/10  outdone by one lookalike and managed to outthink myself on another.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 11:02:19 PM by Doobs » Logged

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #120935 on: August 26, 2016, 05:14:30 AM »

3/5 Nico probably does represent value, but I'm always reluctant to suggest bets below EVS, so I'm not going to formally suggest that.

However, 11/10 for a Nico pole position makes complete sense for us. Lewis, with his engine penalties, will need to set up his car with the intention of overtaking people during the race, rather than outright speed. This will compromise his chances of finishing at the top in qualifying. Perhaps Lewis' outright speed on this track will make that deficit redundant - but 11/10 on Nico is a good price. Suggest £20.

http://www.oddschecker.com/motorsport/formula-one/belgian-grand-prix/pole-position

Not To Finish The Race - Jolyon Palmer @ 5/2 with SkaiBet. I know the thread can't do this one, but it's a good position. Jolyon is still learning at this level and does make mistakes every weekend. On a track with high attrition, I feel that 5/2 is too generous of a price. Suggest £10.

http://www.oddschecker.com/motorsport/formula-one/belgian-grand-prix/not-to-finish-the-race

Podium Finish - Sergio Perez @ best price. 20/1 with BoilSports, but is that palp? I'd suggest £10 on the highest possible price. The Force India's should be in outside contention, and I would be surprised to see these prices still be up come Saturday morning.

http://www.oddschecker.com/motorsport/formula-one/belgian-grand-prix/podium-finish

Note: Post coming so late as I was up conducting Formula E analysis. For those who don't know, the first three day test has been completed. There is one more three day test in a few weeks. I've already got a very good idea of how this season will play out, so I'm looking forward to some odds coming online Smiley
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 05:17:57 AM by Peter-27 » Logged

bunnydas8888

View Profile
« Reply #120936 on: August 26, 2016, 09:31:34 AM »

3/5 Nico probably does represent value, but I'm always reluctant to suggest bets below EVS, so I'm not going to formally suggest that.

However, 11/10 for a Nico pole position makes complete sense for us. Lewis, with his engine penalties, will need to set up his car with the intention of overtaking people during the race, rather than outright speed. This will compromise his chances of finishing at the top in qualifying. Perhaps Lewis' outright speed on this track will make that deficit redundant - but 11/10 on Nico is a good price. Suggest £20.

http://www.oddschecker.com/motorsport/formula-one/belgian-grand-prix/pole-position

Not To Finish The Race - Jolyon Palmer @ 5/2 with SkaiBet. I know the thread can't do this one, but it's a good position. Jolyon is still learning at this level and does make mistakes every weekend. On a track with high attrition, I feel that 5/2 is too generous of a price. Suggest £10.

http://www.oddschecker.com/motorsport/formula-one/belgian-grand-prix/not-to-finish-the-race

Podium Finish - Sergio Perez @ best price. 20/1 with BoilSports, but is that palp? I'd suggest £10 on the highest possible price. The Force India's should be in outside contention, and I would be surprised to see these prices still be up come Saturday morning.

http://www.oddschecker.com/motorsport/formula-one/belgian-grand-prix/podium-finish

Note: Post coming so late as I was up conducting Formula E analysis. For those who don't know, the first three day test has been completed. There is one more three day test in a few weeks. I've already got a very good idea of how this season will play out, so I'm looking forward to some odds coming online Smiley

Is there anyway Lewis doesn't bother going for top 10 because he knows he will be at the back regardless? Save that bit of performance from the engine?

And so looking for value on that other car getting top 10, reaching q2 etc
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 09:35:34 AM by bunnydas8888 » Logged
Newportlad

View Profile
« Reply #120937 on: August 26, 2016, 10:35:26 AM »

Djokovic  11/10 with Koral to win the US Open seems a bit big to me.

With the added bonus of getting your money back if he loses in the final, this looks like a bet to me.

Suggest Novak Djokovic £100 @ 11/10 to win US Open with Koral
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #120938 on: August 26, 2016, 10:49:49 AM »

Nico Rosberg Belgian Grand Prix Pole Position
1/1
Total Stake: £20.00
Total Returns: £40.00

can't do anything with sky, as you know

Perez to podium waits for end of free practice

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #120939 on: August 26, 2016, 10:55:21 AM »

With the added bonus of getting your money back if he loses in the final, this looks like a bet to me.

Andy Murray should be favourite for the US Open http://bbc.in/2bkqiae  was one take on this

i'll throw it open to the tennis posters to yay or nay...

My eyes are open wide
NoCardDSC

View Profile
« Reply #120940 on: August 26, 2016, 11:00:29 AM »

Andy Murray should be favourite for the US Open http://bbc.in/2bkqiae  was one take on this

i'll throw it open to the tennis posters to yay or nay...

I don't follow tennis anywhere near close enough to have a view, but I did hear that he had a dodgey wrist?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #120941 on: August 26, 2016, 11:30:59 AM »

with a SPOTY hat on, this is interesting

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #120942 on: August 26, 2016, 11:47:01 AM »

Djokovic  11/10 with Koral to win the US Open seems a bit big to me.

If they're doing money back if your man loses the final, then it's a no-brainer to back Djok and Murray. Is there an amount limit for the offer?

Also, Scuy have a price boost on Murray to beat Djok in the final. 11-2. Crazy crazy price.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 11:49:08 AM by Chompy » Logged

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #120943 on: August 26, 2016, 11:47:07 AM »

Peter i took the best price after FP1

Sergio Perez Belgian Grand Prix Podium Finish
10/1
Total Stake: £10.00
Potential Returns: £110.00

If you don't want it, we will leave it off the thread...

My eyes are open wide
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #120944 on: August 26, 2016, 11:48:24 AM »

"Favourite Mo-ments" wouldn't really cut it with the Electoral Reform Society.
Pages: 1 ... 8059 8060 8061 8062 [8063] 8064 8065 8066 8067 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: