blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:59:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8125 8126 8127 8128 [8129] 8130 8131 8132 8133 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13445287 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #121920 on: September 26, 2016, 05:25:14 PM »

what were thoughts on top european rookie please?

is there an each way angle and if so who?

1/3 1,2

6 runners

assume each play minimum of once before the singles.

probably none play 5. if someone plays 4 they are in pole position

happy to be corrected on any of this.....

Willett. great temperament, back in form, good putter. likely partner for westwood in foursomes. thought he might play 4 times?

Pieters. v highly rated by Clarke. long long hitter. fourballs player not foursomes? 3 matches tops?

Fitzpatrick. not the longest hitter but straight as a die. candidate for foursomes? 3 matches tops?

Cabrera Bello. obvious candidate to be with sergio in fourballs?

sullivan. candidate to play just twice?

Wood. no form since early season. neck injury problems. prime candidate to play just twice?

best prices are

willett 100/30
pieters 9/2
cabrera bello 9/2
fitz 5/1
sullivan 11/2
wood 9/1

http://www.oddschecker.com/golf/ryder-cup/top-european-rookie

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #121921 on: September 26, 2016, 05:27:55 PM »

recommended above and supported

Justin Rose Ryder Cup Top European
6/1 Each Way (3 Places at 1/4 Odds)
Total Stake: £100.00
Potential Returns: £475.00

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #121922 on: September 26, 2016, 05:31:34 PM »

Kaymer with Pieters a couple of times presumably?

Think Rose is a cracking EW bet tbh.

Ha, wouldn't to put anyone off.  I think Rose is the best win bet, so the place bet isn't going to be terrible.  I was just saying that this isn't really great each way terms that mean we can backb4 and get value on them all.

Lets do it for thread then. Given Stenson is injured and not sure I see Garcia playing 4.  50 e/w will be fine.

I disagree it isn't a great ew heat.

The bottom 6-7 in the market are way underpriced as they will likely only play 2 matches (max 3) each.

Rose and Rory are really the only two that are virtually guaranteed to play in all 5 games.

I think they are both max bets ew at 4/1 and 6/1.

Way shorter than 15/8 one or other wins this. Very decent chance one wins and the other places.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #121923 on: September 26, 2016, 05:42:33 PM »

Ha, wouldn't to put anyone off.  I think Rose is the best win bet, so the place bet isn't going to be terrible.  I was just saying that this isn't really great each way terms that mean we can backb4 and get value on them all.

Lets do it for thread then. Given Stenson is injured and not sure I see Garcia playing 4.  50 e/w will be fine.

The bottom 6-7 in the market are way underpriced as they will likely only play 2 matches (max 3) each.

Rose and Rory are really the only two that are virtually guaranteed to play in all 5 games.

Way shorter than 15/8 one or other wins this. Very decent chance one wins and the other places.

Sums it up nicely, if Stenners is an injury worry.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
T_Mar

View Profile
« Reply #121924 on: September 26, 2016, 05:50:10 PM »

Assume you meant to say it is a great EW heat
Tonibell

View Profile
« Reply #121925 on: September 26, 2016, 06:19:16 PM »

Blacktypebet are top price those two and will lay to take out £500 if Tikay wants a reason to open an account there.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #121926 on: September 26, 2016, 06:30:26 PM »

Blacktypebet are top price those two and will lay to take out £500 if Tikay wants a reason to open an account there.

Thanks - we DO have a functioning & funded Black Type Account.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Ledders

View Profile
« Reply #121927 on: September 26, 2016, 07:25:15 PM »

If Blacktype are happy to lay 1/4 123 isn't that an indicator it isn't a great e/w heat?
Tonibell

View Profile
« Reply #121928 on: September 26, 2016, 07:59:21 PM »

Standard place terms in a 12-runner handicap which this has the shape of (the top ten runners compressed between 7-2 and 14-1)?

But - for the reasons explained above by Tighty and The Camel - there are only six or seven live runners. How I read it anyway.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #121929 on: September 26, 2016, 08:11:28 PM »

Standard place terms in a 12-runner handicap which this has the shape of (the top ten runners compressed between 7-2 and 14-1)?

But - for the reasons explained above by Tighty and The Camel - there are only six or seven live runners. How I read it anyway.

Both have explained why they are good win bets, as I read it.  I have tried to explain why the place terms aren't as good as the win terms. 

It doesn't matter anyway.  If Rose is a very good win bet, then he is likely to be a good place bet.  And everybody seems to agree that Rose is a good win bet.  Even if Rose isn't as good a place bet as a win bet, you can reduce volatility by backing him easch way.  This is perfectly sound strategy if you believe both parts are +ev on their own.  I would argue it isn't the best, but the difference here is pretty marginal.

I don't really know who black type are, but bookies have been getting each way terms wrong like forever, so I wouldn't use that as an indicator.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #121930 on: September 26, 2016, 08:34:59 PM »

Has anyone come across a market for both teams to score and double chance combined into one price?

Quite unrelated (probably?.....) are you happy with how things are shaping up under Sir Pardew, FEM?

Yes and no, going forward we look potent, but with Delaney in for the next game or two we are going to be leaking goals.

Eyeing up Everton to win and both teams to score against Palace at around 5/2 for the Friday game. I will put it up as a tip closer to the time if i still like it. 
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #121931 on: September 26, 2016, 08:37:32 PM »

Has anyone come across a market for both teams to score and double chance combined into one price?

Choral have prices for BTTS and  Over / Under goals or BTTS and one team to win etc

Is that what you meant?

More like backing a Palace/draw against Everton in the double chance, but both teams scoring as a prerequisite for the bet to come in. I don't think it exists, but cheers for your input. 
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #121932 on: September 27, 2016, 01:24:35 AM »

You can try putting BTTS in a double with Palace +0.25 on the asian handicap

I don't know if thats possible but another potential route to make a similar bet

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #121933 on: September 27, 2016, 01:42:31 AM »

I think those at the bottom of the market are way underpriced.

I CBA to check, but I'd be pretty surprised if a player outside the top 6 of the betting has ever been top scorer for either side.

I guess it was more likely when the matches were very one sided. But in the last 12 events, the big names have dominated I think.

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #121934 on: September 27, 2016, 01:49:30 AM »

I looked and the results were interesting.

The Euro topscorers were all the usual suspects: Westwood, Monty, Rose, Poulter and Sergio - I doubt if any of the winners were outside the top 3 in the betting.

The USA had some more unusual names leading the way.

Obviously down to the USA using all their players at least 3 times, whereas the Euro team often uses the lesser players only once before the singles.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 01:56:22 AM by The Camel » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8125 8126 8127 8128 [8129] 8130 8131 8132 8133 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: