blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:35:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8127 8128 8129 8130 [8131] 8132 8133 8134 8135 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13445032 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #121950 on: September 28, 2016, 02:02:25 PM »

Apparently Patrick Reed walked into the American team room last night and said to DL3. "I am playing all 5 matches and only being paired with Spieth"

the Spieth point is an important one isn't it? as we have seen Spieth is such a great putter that in matchplay being paired with him means you can ride on the coat-tails to some points.

i can't see why you'd break that partnership up, and i think i would expect them to play all 5 rounds too.

maybe someone will tell me otherwise?

completely agree given the two posts.

I have put 50 each way on at 7/1 with quarter 3 places if you want it.   I did this as it is with fred only, and I know it is hard to get on with him for us.  Just let me know

that is for top US points scorer?

not that it matters, i think Adz put him up points top scorer overall, but not at a place i can use on here.

anyway we'll take it, just need to clarify which market you've done

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #121951 on: September 28, 2016, 02:04:10 PM »

Tighty,

I seem to remember someone put up a Ryder Cup bet that we needed to place with Black Type.

Did we do that, or did circumstances change our mind?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #121952 on: September 28, 2016, 02:06:46 PM »

Apparently Patrick Reed walked into the American team room last night and said to DL3. "I am playing all 5 matches and only being paired with Spieth"

the Spieth point is an important one isn't it? as we have seen Spieth is such a great putter that in matchplay being paired with him means you can ride on the coat-tails to some points.

i can't see why you'd break that partnership up, and i think i would expect them to play all 5 rounds too.

I have put 50 each way on at 7/1 with quarter 3 places if you want it.   I did this as it is with fred only, and I know it is hard to get on with him for us.  Just let me know

not that it matters, i think Adz put him up points top scorer overall, but not at a place i can use on here.

can do overall if you like.

either 12/1 e/w top 5, fifth odds..... pp
or 14/1 top 4, quarter odds.....baldy
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 02:10:01 PM by ripple11 » Logged
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #121953 on: September 28, 2016, 02:07:31 PM »

I have put 50 each way on at 7/1 with quarter 3 places if you want it.   I did this as it is with fred only, and I know it is hard to get on with him for us.  Just let me know

top us scorer 7/1 quarter first 3

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #121954 on: September 28, 2016, 02:07:58 PM »

Last time DL3 didn't play anyone 5 times and seemed to place store on recent major winners.  Playing Simpson, Watson and Bradley 4 times.  His 3 times being Dustin J, Kuchar, Furyk and Snedeker.

I really think Walker is overpriced at 20-1 top US (prob ok EW @ 18-1).  He played 5 in 2014, was only beaten once and a was a bit unlucky to get 3 ties iirc.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 02:09:29 PM by doubleup » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #121955 on: September 28, 2016, 02:12:54 PM »

Tighty,

I seem to remember someone put up a Ryder Cup bet that we needed to place with Black Type.

Rose, but i had already done it elsewhere

we also don't have much £ in there (not to do £50 e/w type bets) so will test it out on something small as and when it comes up

My eyes are open wide
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #121956 on: September 28, 2016, 02:13:43 PM »

I have put 50 each way on at 7/1 with quarter 3 places if you want it.   I did this as it is with fred only, and I know it is hard to get on with him for us.  Just let me know

can do overall if you like.

either 12/1 e/w top 5, fifth odds..... pp
or 14/1 top 4, quarter odds.....baldy

quarter first 4 is pretty much the same as a fifth first 5, so defiitely don't take the lower price.  

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #121957 on: September 28, 2016, 02:16:14 PM »

Last time DL3 didn't play anyone 5 times and seemed to place store on recent major winners.  Playing Simpson, Watson and Bradley 4 times.  His 3 times being Dustin J, Kuchar, Furyk and Snedeker.

I really think Walker is overpriced at 20-1 top US (prob ok EW @ 18-1).  He played 5 in 2014, was only beaten once and a was a bit unlucky to get 3 ties iirc.

lets have a go at that then

11th favourite of 12 for a recent major winner after all

Jimmy Walker Ryder Cup Top American
18/1 Each Way (3 Places at 1/4 Odds)
Total Stake: £60.00
Potential Returns: £735.00

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #121958 on: September 28, 2016, 02:22:00 PM »

Tighty,

we also don't have much £ in there (not to do £50 e/w type bets) so will test it out on something small as and when it comes up

Ahh, gotcha.

It has £50 in there I think, maybe £100, but if it needs further funding, let me know.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #121959 on: September 28, 2016, 07:28:47 PM »

Tighty, 

Betfred have boosted the price for Europe to win the Ryder cup to 9/4. Is that big enough for Fred to back them?

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
Dekka

View Profile
« Reply #121960 on: September 28, 2016, 07:30:31 PM »

Tighty,

Ahh, gotcha.

It has £50 in there I think, maybe £100, but if it needs further funding, let me know.

Might be worth checking the small print on the Black Type guarantee of £500 take out.  I haven't checked but I'm fairly sure it applies to win only bets.

Only dead fish swim with the stream
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #121961 on: September 28, 2016, 07:32:03 PM »

Tighty, 

Betfred have boosted the price for Europe to win the Ryder cup to 9/4. Is that big enough for Fred to back them?

2/1(3.0) on betty with plenty lined up to lay @3.05

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #121962 on: September 28, 2016, 07:35:41 PM »

Tighty, 

All along I have thought the US were certs, but with two potential spoilers in the backroom team, ie Tiger and Bubba, neither of whom are terribly popular amongst their peers, it could work one of two ways.

If Rory is fired up, it could be very close.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #121963 on: September 28, 2016, 07:51:46 PM »

Tighty, 

2/1(3.0) on betty with plenty lined up to lay @3.05

Will only lay me a tenner at that price.  Seems rude not to bet anyway.

tiger

View Profile
« Reply #121964 on: September 28, 2016, 08:31:13 PM »

I have it on fairly good authority (golf judge at work) that Andy Sullivan will be paired with Rory at least twice. Best price 6/1 I believe for top European rookie. Worth a bet at that price, chuck £10 of Tikay's money on it.
Pages: 1 ... 8127 8128 8129 8130 [8131] 8132 8133 8134 8135 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: