blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:14:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8451 8452 8453 8454 [8455] 8456 8457 8458 8459 ... 9207 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13332958 times)
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #126810 on: March 31, 2017, 03:51:24 PM »

I'm at work so going to be brief.

A few injuries in the IPL to the front runners in individual top team markets which would make the bet good value. Firms haven't adjusted yet.

Ashwin for Pune will miss a few, Tahir? Zappa? Stokes? As winners for top bowler.
Rahul out for RCB, Kohli injured early doors (potentially longer) de Villiers? Not Gayle so much, Watson?

Rahman could be out for Sunrisers as Bangladesh haven't given him the green light, he's quoted as saying could miss it all. Kumar? Rashid Kahn will be a star but is a foreigner so don't know if he plays enough.

I liked Kumar at the prices anyway, wouldn't be the worse bet at 11/4 but obviously if the fizz misses games it becomes a great spot. Recc £20 at 11/4

http://www.bettingkingdom.co.uk/betting-tips/cricket/IPL/IPL-Bhevneswar-Kumar-top-Sunrisers-bowler-tournament/78823

https://www.oddschecker.com/cricket/ipl/indian-premier-league/top-hyderabad-sunrisers-bowler

De Villiers has been cut in, and is missing the Saffer domestic 50 over final today with a bad back. Does Watson open until Kohli gets back? Will Gayle regain form? Kohli in-running could be the one, if he only misses 2-3 games.

I was going to take on Ashwin anyway, so that's kind of ruined that plan. Zampa was very good last year, and Tahir was an after-thought (replaced Mitch Marsh in the sqaud due to his injury) so I'll be after a decent price for Zamps.

Thoughts on Watson top bowler for Rcb, he was only one behind Chahal last year. Mills obviously the danger but pretty inexperienced in India (although I rate him)
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #126811 on: March 31, 2017, 04:51:25 PM »

I'm at work so going to be brief.

A few injuries in the IPL to the front runners in individual top team markets which would make the bet good value. Firms haven't adjusted yet.

Ashwin for Pune will miss a few, Tahir? Zappa? Stokes? As winners for top bowler.
Rahul out for RCB, Kohli injured early doors (potentially longer) de Villiers? Not Gayle so much, Watson?

Rahman could be out for Sunrisers as Bangladesh haven't given him the green light, he's quoted as saying could miss it all. Kumar? Rashid Kahn will be a star but is a foreigner so don't know if he plays enough.

I liked Kumar at the prices anyway, wouldn't be the worse bet at 11/4 but obviously if the fizz misses games it becomes a great spot. Recc £20 at 11/4

http://www.bettingkingdom.co.uk/betting-tips/cricket/IPL/IPL-Bhevneswar-Kumar-top-Sunrisers-bowler-tournament/78823

https://www.oddschecker.com/cricket/ipl/indian-premier-league/top-hyderabad-sunrisers-bowler

De Villiers has been cut in, and is missing the Saffer domestic 50 over final today with a bad back. Does Watson open until Kohli gets back? Will Gayle regain form? Kohli in-running could be the one, if he only misses 2-3 games.

I was going to take on Ashwin anyway, so that's kind of ruined that plan. Zampa was very good last year, and Tahir was an after-thought (replaced Mitch Marsh in the sqaud due to his injury) so I'll be after a decent price for Zamps.

Thoughts on Watson top bowler for Rcb, he was only one behind Chahal last year. Mills obviously the danger but pretty inexperienced in India (although I rate him)

Was surprised that watto took 20 wickets, hadn't recalled him being so potent. Chahal improved since then, where as watto is semi-retired. On the bare stats from last year he'd be value, but I'm not sure I trust them. Kedhar jadhav bowling a bit more/them having to pick another all rounder in place of kohli/Rahul might mean he doesn't bowl his quota every time.

Mills' main strength is his economy, it would depend if they hold all of his overs back to the last 8 but I'm expecting him to bowl well without taking a heap of wickets.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #126812 on: March 31, 2017, 05:02:22 PM »

In the recently concluded PSL Watson took 10 wickets in 9 matches at an economy of 9.08. The batting was of a considerably below average standard throughout that tournament. He is getting on a bit too, nearly 36 years old now and is starting to trundle through his overs a bit more. Think the point Nellberg makes about him being semi-retired now is a fair one, his heart just doesn't seem to be in it as much anymore.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #126813 on: March 31, 2017, 05:05:17 PM »

How would people price up next seasons EPL?

Who are favs?  Man City?  Chelsea?
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #126814 on: March 31, 2017, 05:18:35 PM »

In the recently concluded PSL Watson took 10 wickets in 9 matches at an economy of 9.08. The batting was of a considerably below average standard throughout that tournament. He is getting on a bit too, nearly 36 years old now and is starting to trundle through his overs a bit more. Think the point Nellberg makes about him being semi-retired now is a fair one, his heart just doesn't seem to be in it as much anymore.

He did say in the big bash that he found it easier getting back into it with the ball than with the bat, but that was after he started with 3/4 single figure knocks! I'm just a bit wary of the ones who've stopped player all year round.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #126815 on: March 31, 2017, 05:32:46 PM »

Not put one up for a while, so here goes.

A long long time ago Brian Meehan had a winner......

No seriously.

A long long time ago, Brian Meehan probably thought he had a very decent prospect in Mutarakez after he bolted up at Sandown in a decent field with Frankie up top. Since then he has rarely been seen and seems plauged by injuries.

However, he made a quite promising reappearance on the AW a few weeks ago, without being given a hard time at 33-1.

He has won over 7f at Donny and was even sent off second fav for the Lincoln last year(running ok, but looking in need of the run). This year he has had a prep and is available at 14-1 with BFSB for the consolation race. Looks worth a chance and I can see a mini gamble taking place once others latch on.

Lets have £25 ew at best available to Fred.

Mutarakez 2.25 Donny

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/2017-04-01-doncaster/14:25/winner

can't do this at the moment, the only firms we have available of those currently quoting is hills who are 3 points under the price and betfred who are 2 under

if someone can help with bet victor at 14-1 great

if not will look tomorrow when other firms have prices up

£25 e/w @14/1 done for fred

Thanks Nick.

I can settle up now, or Sunday morning if needs be, which would you prefer? Either is fine by me.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #126816 on: March 31, 2017, 05:34:59 PM »

My favorite market, trying to find a team who'll stink the place out. Since a few of us will already be watching Kings XI Punjab for the Marsh bet ...

http://www.bettingkingdom.co.uk/betting-tips/cricket/IPL/IPL-outright-Kings-XI-Punjab-to-come-bottom/78779

https://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=412354

https://www.oddschecker.com/cricket/ipl/indian-premier-league/to-finish-bottom

Kings XI Punjab to finish bottom at 10/3 looks too big with everyday, they've actually managed to cobble together a worse squad than last year. 9/4 elsewhere, somewhere in the middle looks about right. Recc £20.

Will be looking to get a bigger price on Delhi to add to this market also, losing Duminy and De Kock last week has made them look a bit short on experience.

can anyone help at 100/30 with 365 please?

This is on - £20 @ 10/3

Thanks very much.

This is not a "this weekend" one, it's sort of long-term, so I'll settle up today or tomorrow. Do I owe you for anything else?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #126817 on: March 31, 2017, 05:40:00 PM »

Morning All.

Excellent few weeks in West Coast USA.

Seems LV is quite a hotbed of violence, having been wandering down the strip last week during a shooting/killing outside the Cosmopolitan. Expected floods of concerned messages from family and friends, but not even a mention over here, due to the regular nature of such stuff now. Be careful out there this June July chaps.

Very pleased to see the Boss is back on the job after his health scare. Good news.

Been highly amused at the ongoing battle of wills between Peter and Doobs, has made some good catch up reading.

Some nice long term bets out there too.

About time we got Hector back though isn't it? Some good write ups going on, but no substitute for winners! Wink

Apologies for the delay in replying Adzy, the personal comment is much appreciated.

Gill spotted the story of the shooting on The Strip - I believe it occurred on a Deuce bus.

Agree as to hector, but he'll return when he's good & ready I guess. Think he is away this weekend, visiting Phoebe (his beloved Niece), but he's still an avid reader of all things blonde so he'll see the message.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #126818 on: March 31, 2017, 06:09:30 PM »

Morning All.

Excellent few weeks in West Coast USA.

Seems LV is quite a hotbed of violence, having been wandering down the strip last week during a shooting/killing outside the Cosmopolitan. Expected floods of concerned messages from family and friends, but not even a mention over here, due to the regular nature of such stuff now. Be careful out there this June July chaps.

Very pleased to see the Boss is back on the job after his health scare. Good news.

Been highly amused at the ongoing battle of wills between Peter and Doobs, has made some good catch up reading.

Some nice long term bets out there too.

About time we got Hector back though isn't it? Some good write ups going on, but no substitute for winners! Wink

Apologies for the delay in replying Adzy, the personal comment is much appreciated.

Gill spotted the story of the shooting on The Strip - I believe it occurred on a Deuce bus.

Agree as to hector, but he'll return when he's good & ready I guess. Think he is away this weekend, visiting Phoebe (his beloved Niece), but he's still an avid reader of all things blonde so he'll see the message.

Yes, shooting took place on a Duece. Same day a full scale robbery of the Rolex shop in the Bellagio took place. Thankfully cant afford to stay in that dump! Grin

Re Hector, Lets hope he does soon.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #126819 on: March 31, 2017, 06:15:03 PM »

Doobs will tell us the merits or otherwise, but I notice Sky have Mutarakez at joint top price of 14-1, paying top 6, 1/5. For those that can(if you should?!).

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #126820 on: March 31, 2017, 06:24:38 PM »

Doobs will tell us the merits or otherwise, but I notice Sky have Mutarakez at joint top price of 14-1, paying top 6, 1/5. For those that can(if you should?!).

I don't think there is that much in it.  I wouldn't take fifth first 5 over quarter first 4.   Fifth first 6 is going to be a bit better than quarter first 4 on this horse in this race.  But the 365 offer is going to be better still.

If you have been in siberia, I am not a huge fan of this kind of thing.  It is easy to be mislead.  Skys offer of a genuine 8 places in the masters is very good for instance.  Offering a fifth first 5 as PP are here and Hills did at Cheltenham is pretty bad behavior in my eyes. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #126821 on: March 31, 2017, 06:30:47 PM »

I don't think there is that much in it.  I wouldn't take fifth first 5 over quarter first 4.   Fifth first 6 is going to be a bit better than quarter first 4 on this horse in this race.  But the 365 offer is going to be better still.

If you have been in siberia, I am not a huge fan of this kind of thing.  It is easy to be mislead.  Skys offer of a genuine 8 places in the masters is very good for instance.  Offering a fifth first 5 as PP are here and Hills did at Cheltenham is pretty bad behavior in my eyes. 

I knew the 1/5 first 5 was bad, but not sure when the cut off point turned it ok again. Top 6 seemed ok. Ty.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #126822 on: March 31, 2017, 06:51:11 PM »

I knew the 1/5 first 5 was bad, but not sure when the cut off point turned it ok again. Top 6 seemed ok. Ty.

12/1 now so that resolves that.  14/1 4 places is better than 12/1 6 places a fifth.   Don't think it is close.   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #126823 on: April 01, 2017, 02:46:32 AM »

Saturday sees the Mexico City ePrix take place.

Sebastian Buemi is currently 5/4 with the only bookie offering odds, Sky Bet, and usually that would be a spot I suggest. However, things are a little different this weekend with two drivers (Buemi & Lopez) getting to the circuit very late after spending Friday testing for the World Endurance Championship in Monza. Tiredness could be an issue and that's what brings other prices into play.

I was going to suggest a bet on Gutierrez - who makes his series debut this weekend. However, a technical infringement in the shakedown session means that both Techeetah cars (him and Vergne) have three place grid penalties.

It's been a strange weekend already.

Anyhow, my suggestions are Lucas di Grassi @ 13/2 - suggest £50 EW (1-3 1/5) & Felix Rosenqvist @ 18/1 - suggest £20 EW (1-3 1/5)

Note: I was heavily limited on both these sadly, let me know if you guys see odds elsewhere.

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #126824 on: April 01, 2017, 03:03:27 AM »

I think Palace are too big away to Chelsea tomorrow. I don't hold out much hope of the Palace win, but an edge I think can be had is by going for the near evens Palace +1.5 on the asian handicap.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/chelsea-v-crystal-palace/asian-handicap

Palace haven't conceded in 3 games which coincides with the introduction of Sakho from Liverpool, to the back line. He probably is a class above any centre back I have seen at Palace in the prem. Definitely has a mistake in him, but his general composure and want, to pass it out from the back, is refreshing. I am not sure whether it is his presence or lack of presence from hoof-ball Delaney that has been so beneficial at the back, but it has been solid. Tomkins has also been allowed to partner him at CB rather than be deployed as a LB or RB, which I think has served Palace well. When Dann is stuggling to get back into the line up you know Palace are in a pretty fortunate position.

Milivojevic is another that has been impressive. He was plucked away from captaining Olympiacos and is an out and out CDM with a very good range of passing. He links up well with Sakho playing it out of the back and he seems to lay the template for Townsend, Cabaye, Zaha, Benteke, Puncheon to express themselves. It's weird being exposed to watching him play when I have memories of Dikagcoi and Jedinak trying to pass the ball. Jedinak though was colossal in the tackle but seeing Milivojevic with a more balanced game is great.

Benteke doesn't look like he knows how to score a goal from the deck in open play to save his life. That sort of threat you want to see in a striker that might see him go one-on-one with a defender, slide the ball to one side and hammer an effort in at goal. He hasn't looked like scoring in these situations at all, and has overrun many a good through ball, or finished off with lame efforts. All he has scored are tap ins, goals from melees and headers, which is great, but don't expect him to do anything with a ball that has been slipped into him on the deck where he needs to take it upon himself a little bit more to get a goal. He has however been instrumental in recent games of dropping in deep to link up play and let Zaha and Townsend express themselves more which is a joy to watch.

It is just weird to see one of the more bread and butter aspects of a striker's game be so lost on him, but im hoping that venom comes back. If it sounds like i'm harshing on him, i am a little, but don't think i'm foolish enough not to appreciate everything else aforementioned he brings to the table. It just is very worrying that he looks lost in certain situations and we lose a lot of threat with him being so out of confidence, and I think no-one in the team backs him to score in the previously explained situations which may be a reason why the chance creation from Palace has been a little low in games.

Zaha has been on fire recently and should pose a threat to Chelsea. Took his goal very well against Russia for IC and against WBA, and looks like he is adding more of a final ball to his game that is already clearly benefited by his outrageous flair. He can go missing in bigger games though against tougher opposition. Mainly because he often gets marked out of a game. But i'm hopeful that with Townsend perking up after a huge lull in his Palace career, it would be a lot tougher for Chelsea to manage both wingers.

Allardyce seems to have his style better imprinted on the players and we look tough to beat. I can't recall a decent chance by any of the three last opposition where you thought that had to be a goal, or glaring opportunities aside from maybe one OK chance for Middlesborough. We went to WBA and reduced them to basically not having a highlight on match of the day for a chance of their own.

Saying that Palace have been a little disjointed in the solid chance creation area as well. It has been okay and we have been perky, but in the last three games, aside from the WBA one, we have edged the affairs. In the last game I don't believe there was a shot on target against Watford with Deeney helping us out, but there were some near misses regardless.

I think Chelsea have a tendency not to obliterate teams that like to sit and aggravate them and feel that if Palace were to go 1-0 down tomorrow, they would still sit back and look to break on the counter up until the last 15 mins, which should see a cagey game. I think on the break we would have the opportunity to really cause Chelsea problems. I also think that Sakho and Milivojevic are possibly the two missing pieces to make the more attack minded players have the opportunity to play and with them looking settled we are a bigger threat than our league position would suggest. I just hope that Benteke can liven the team up with some attacking on the deck brilliance, because if he does then Palace could really be a tasty looking team. Tasty as in assuring mid table anonymity moving forward Smiley. I would take that!

Costa and Moses also look like doubts. Hazard is only just coming back from injury too, as is Courtois.

I guess the way to look at it is i think the result could be closer to being a draw than it teetering around the Chelsea to be up by two or more mark, thus I like the near coinflip with the Palace handicap here. And for a team that has won 3 in a row without conceding to be 12/1 away from home against anyone in the Prem, probably isn't right, even against the Champions elect. So this bet hopefully is a way to extract value.  

Suggest £60 at over 9/10 (wherever best you can get on) Palace + 1.5 Asian Handicap.
Pages: 1 ... 8451 8452 8453 8454 [8455] 8456 8457 8458 8459 ... 9207 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: