blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:13:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272588 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8452 8453 8454 8455 [8456] 8457 8458 8459 8460 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13430415 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #126825 on: April 01, 2017, 09:12:49 AM »

Happy anniversary.

Click to see full-size image.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #126826 on: April 01, 2017, 09:33:58 AM »

Happy anniversary.

Click to see full-size image.

Mr Camel is in fact a day overdue, but he's correct in spirit.

And if you are wondering what we are wittering on about, here's the link from 31st March 2012;

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=56581.2370

Click that link & see if you were amongst the many who took advantage of one of the greatest coups Fred ever had.

You'll need to read through a good few pages, but it'll be well worth the effort.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 09:38:57 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #126827 on: April 01, 2017, 09:53:11 AM »

End of March 2017

Year to Date Profit of £1739.81
ROI of 31.3%

January £625.50
February £382.31
March £732.00

Top Sports NFL +£763 Horses +£567 Darts +£371
Worst sports Golf -£131 Tennis -£80 Misc -£22

Overall since Jan 25th, 2012

Profit of £14,948,07
ROI of 7.86%
6255 settled bets

Top 5 sports

Football £6006 at 13%
Horses £2829 at 5.6%
NFL £1939 at 16%
Misc £1828 at 22%
Motor Sport £1216 at 16%

Bottom 5 sports

Boxing -£528
RU -£412
Snooker-£347
Basketball -£293
Dogs  -£194

Outstanding Bets £1748

these can be seen at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eCEvN9MELsUxB81rHuWrfoX3zwIMPQQ205Lcjm3kbgU/edit#gid=34

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #126828 on: April 01, 2017, 09:56:36 AM »

Saturday sees the Mexico City ePrix take place.

Sebastian Buemi is currently 5/4 with the only bookie offering odds, Sky Bet, and usually that would be a spot I suggest. However, things are a little different this weekend with two drivers (Buemi & Lopez) getting to the circuit very late after spending Friday testing for the World Endurance Championship in Monza. Tiredness could be an issue and that's what brings other prices into play.

I was going to suggest a bet on Gutierrez - who makes his series debut this weekend. However, a technical infringement in the shakedown session means that both Techeetah cars (him and Vergne) have three place grid penalties.

It's been a strange weekend already.

Anyhow, my suggestions are Lucas di Grassi @ 13/2 - suggest £50 EW (1-3 1/5) & Felix Rosenqvist @ 18/1 - suggest £20 EW (1-3 1/5)

Note: I was heavily limited on both these sadly, let me know if you guys see odds elsewhere.

no good for us, can't use skybet

for those who can prices are on https://www.oddschecker.com/motorsport/formula-e/mexico-city-eprix/winner

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #126829 on: April 01, 2017, 10:02:46 AM »

I think Palace are too big away to Chelsea tomorrow. I don't hold out much hope of the Palace win, but an edge I think can be had is by going for the near evens Palace +1.5 on the asian handicap.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/chelsea-v-crystal-palace/asian-handicap

Palace haven't conceded in 3 games which coincides with the introduction of Sakho from Liverpool, to the back line. He probably is a class above any centre back I have seen at Palace in the prem. Definitely has a mistake in him, but his general composure and want, to pass it out from the back, is refreshing. I am not sure whether it is his presence or lack of presence from hoof-ball Delaney that has been so beneficial at the back, but it has been solid. Tomkins has also been allowed to partner him at CB rather than be deployed as a LB or RB, which I think has served Palace well. When Dann is stuggling to get back into the line up you know Palace are in a pretty fortunate position.

Milivojevic is another that has been impressive. He was plucked away from captaining Olympiacos and is an out and out CDM with a very good range of passing. He links up well with Sakho playing it out of the back and he seems to lay the template for Townsend, Cabaye, Zaha, Benteke, Puncheon to express themselves. It's weird being exposed to watching him play when I have memories of Dikagcoi and Jedinak trying to pass the ball. Jedinak though was colossal in the tackle but seeing Milivojevic with a more balanced game is great.

Benteke doesn't look like he knows how to score a goal from the deck in open play to save his life. That sort of threat you want to see in a striker that might see him go one-on-one with a defender, slide the ball to one side and hammer an effort in at goal. He hasn't looked like scoring in these situations at all, and has overrun many a good through ball, or finished off with lame efforts. All he has scored are tap ins, goals from melees and headers, which is great, but don't expect him to do anything with a ball that has been slipped into him on the deck where he needs to take it upon himself a little bit more to get a goal. He has however been instrumental in recent games of dropping in deep to link up play and let Zaha and Townsend express themselves more which is a joy to watch.

It is just weird to see one of the more bread and butter aspects of a striker's game be so lost on him, but im hoping that venom comes back. If it sounds like i'm harshing on him, i am a little, but don't think i'm foolish enough not to appreciate everything else aforementioned he brings to the table. It just is very worrying that he looks lost in certain situations and we lose a lot of threat with him being so out of confidence, and I think no-one in the team backs him to score in the previously explained situations which may be a reason why the chance creation from Palace has been a little low in games.

Zaha has been on fire recently and should pose a threat to Chelsea. Took his goal very well against Russia for IC and against WBA, and looks like he is adding more of a final ball to his game that is already clearly benefited by his outrageous flair. He can go missing in bigger games though against tougher opposition. Mainly because he often gets marked out of a game. But i'm hopeful that with Townsend perking up after a huge lull in his Palace career, it would be a lot tougher for Chelsea to manage both wingers.

Allardyce seems to have his style better imprinted on the players and we look tough to beat. I can't recall a decent chance by any of the three last opposition where you thought that had to be a goal, or glaring opportunities aside from maybe one OK chance for Middlesborough. We went to WBA and reduced them to basically not having a highlight on match of the day for a chance of their own.

Saying that Palace have been a little disjointed in the solid chance creation area as well. It has been okay and we have been perky, but in the last three games, aside from the WBA one, we have edged the affairs. In the last game I don't believe there was a shot on target against Watford with Deeney helping us out, but there were some near misses regardless.

I think Chelsea have a tendency not to obliterate teams that like to sit and aggravate them and feel that if Palace were to go 1-0 down tomorrow, they would still sit back and look to break on the counter up until the last 15 mins, which should see a cagey game. I think on the break we would have the opportunity to really cause Chelsea problems. I also think that Sakho and Milivojevic are possibly the two missing pieces to make the more attack minded players have the opportunity to play and with them looking settled we are a bigger threat than our league position would suggest. I just hope that Benteke can liven the team up with some attacking on the deck brilliance, because if he does then Palace could really be a tasty looking team. Tasty as in assuring mid table anonymity moving forward Smiley. I would take that!

Costa and Moses also look like doubts. Hazard is only just coming back from injury too, as is Courtois.

I guess the way to look at it is i think the result could be closer to being a draw than it teetering around the Chelsea to be up by two or more mark, thus I like the near coinflip with the Palace handicap here. And for a team that has won 3 in a row without conceding to be 12/1 away from home against anyone in the Prem, probably isn't right, even against the Champions elect. So this bet hopefully is a way to extract value.   

Suggest £60 at over 9/10 (wherever best you can get on) Palace + 1.5 Asian Handicap.

Decline and Fall on tv last night

the return of War Ant Peace overnight....

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/chelsea-v-crystal-palace/asian-handicap

Can't cand p from their prehistoric betting platform but we have £60 CP AH +1.5 5/6 888sport

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #126830 on: April 01, 2017, 10:08:54 AM »

I think Palace are too big away to Chelsea tomorrow. I don't hold out much hope of the Palace win, but an edge I think can be had is by going for the near evens Palace +1.5 on the asian handicap.

Palace haven't conceded in 3 games which coincides with the introduction of Sakho from Liverpool, to the back line. He probably is a class above any centre back I have seen at Palace in the prem. Definitely has a mistake in him, but his general composure and want, to pass it out from the back, is refreshing. I am not sure whether it is his presence or lack of presence from hoof-ball Delaney that has been so beneficial at the back, but it has been solid. Tomkins has also been allowed to partner him at CB rather than be deployed as a LB or RB, which I think has served Palace well. When Dann is stuggling to get back into the line up you know Palace are in a pretty fortunate position.

Milivojevic is another that has been impressive. He was plucked away from captaining Olympiacos and is an out and out CDM with a very good range of passing. He links up well with Sakho playing it out of the back and he seems to lay the template for Townsend, Cabaye, Zaha, Benteke, Puncheon to express themselves. It's weird being exposed to watching him play when I have memories of Dikagcoi and Jedinak trying to pass the ball. Jedinak though was colossal in the tackle but seeing Milivojevic with a more balanced game is great.

Benteke doesn't look like he knows how to score a goal from the deck in open play to save his life. That sort of threat you want to see in a striker that might see him go one-on-one with a defender, slide the ball to one side and hammer an effort in at goal. He hasn't looked like scoring in these situations at all, and has overrun many a good through ball, or finished off with lame efforts. All he has scored are tap ins, goals from melees and headers, which is great, but don't expect him to do anything with a ball that has been slipped into him on the deck where he needs to take it upon himself a little bit more to get a goal. He has however been instrumental in recent games of dropping in deep to link up play and let Zaha and Townsend express themselves more which is a joy to watch.

It is just weird to see one of the more bread and butter aspects of a striker's game be so lost on him, but im hoping that venom comes back. If it sounds like i'm harshing on him, i am a little, but don't think i'm foolish enough not to appreciate everything else aforementioned he brings to the table. It just is very worrying that he looks lost in certain situations and we lose a lot of threat with him being so out of confidence, and I think no-one in the team backs him to score in the previously explained situations which may be a reason why the chance creation from Palace has been a little low in games.

Zaha has been on fire recently and should pose a threat to Chelsea. Took his goal very well against Russia for IC and against WBA, and looks like he is adding more of a final ball to his game that is already clearly benefited by his outrageous flair. He can go missing in bigger games though against tougher opposition. Mainly because he often gets marked out of a game. But i'm hopeful that with Townsend perking up after a huge lull in his Palace career, it would be a lot tougher for Chelsea to manage both wingers.

Allardyce seems to have his style better imprinted on the players and we look tough to beat. I can't recall a decent chance by any of the three last opposition where you thought that had to be a goal, or glaring opportunities aside from maybe one OK chance for Middlesborough. We went to WBA and reduced them to basically not having a highlight on match of the day for a chance of their own.

Saying that Palace have been a little disjointed in the solid chance creation area as well. It has been okay and we have been perky, but in the last three games, aside from the WBA one, we have edged the affairs. In the last game I don't believe there was a shot on target against Watford with Deeney helping us out, but there were some near misses regardless.

I think Chelsea have a tendency not to obliterate teams that like to sit and aggravate them and feel that if Palace were to go 1-0 down tomorrow, they would still sit back and look to break on the counter up until the last 15 mins, which should see a cagey game. I think on the break we would have the opportunity to really cause Chelsea problems. I also think that Sakho and Milivojevic are possibly the two missing pieces to make the more attack minded players have the opportunity to play and with them looking settled we are a bigger threat than our league position would suggest. I just hope that Benteke can liven the team up with some attacking on the deck brilliance, because if he does then Palace could really be a tasty looking team. Tasty as in assuring mid table anonymity moving forward Smiley. I would take that!

Costa and Moses also look like doubts. Hazard is only just coming back from injury too, as is Courtois.

I guess the way to look at it is i think the result could be closer to being a draw than it teetering around the Chelsea to be up by two or more mark, thus I like the near coinflip with the Palace handicap here. And for a team that has won 3 in a row without conceding to be 12/1 away from home against anyone in the Prem, probably isn't right, even against the Champions elect. So this bet hopefully is a way to extract value.  

Suggest £60 at over 9/10 (wherever best you can get on) Palace + 1.5 Asian Handicap.

You have a gift for bring able to see things in a balanced way, Ant. Long-winded, but balanced.

Good luck with the bet.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #126831 on: April 01, 2017, 10:20:34 AM »

Decline and Fall on tv last night

the return of War Ant Peace overnight....

Can't cand p from their prehistoric betting platform but we have £60 CP AH +1.5 5/6 888sport

can get you on 1.91 if you want?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #126832 on: April 01, 2017, 10:23:59 AM »

already placed,thanks

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #126833 on: April 01, 2017, 10:49:26 AM »

out yesterday from Ed Hawkins

"IPL 2017 Outright Betting: Knight Riders a crazy price for glory"

https://betting.betfair.com/cricket/indian-premier-league---ipl/indian-premier-league-outright-betting-preview-and-tips-310317-194.html

My eyes are open wide
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #126834 on: April 01, 2017, 11:02:19 AM »

End of March 2017

ROI of 31.3%

January £625.50
February £382.31
March £732.00

Profit of £14,948,07
ROI of 7.86%
6255 settled bets

Top 5 sports

Football £6006 at 13%
Horses £2829 at 5.6%
NFL £1939 at 16%
Misc £1828 at 22%
Motor Sport £1216 at 16%

Bottom 5 sports

Boxing -£528
RU -£412
Snooker-£347
Basketball -£293
Dogs  -£194

Outstanding Bets £1748

these can be seen at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eCEvN9MELsUxB81rHuWrfoX3zwIMPQQ205Lcjm3kbgU/edit#gid=34

Wow pretty good start to the year.  Well.done all the winners.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #126835 on: April 01, 2017, 12:11:08 PM »

Kohli has joined ABDV in the injured ranks for RCB.

following on from yesterday's discussion

Gayle has been v hit and miss in T20 for two years now too

where is the value in the RCB IPL top bat sub-market?

https://www.oddschecker.com/cricket/ipl/indian-premier-league/top-royal-challengers-bangalore-batsman

My eyes are open wide
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #126836 on: April 01, 2017, 12:51:43 PM »

https://www.oddschecker.com/cricket/ipl/indian-premier-league/top-royal-challengers-bangalore-batsman

how may games does Kohli miss? 3-4? ABDV injury timescale? I might look to back Kolhi in-running once comes back in. The trouble with backing someone like Watson, he may open while Kohli is away but then will be back to 4/5 for the main chunk of the tournament. Gayle was very poor in the recent PSL, and averaged low 20's in the IPL last year.
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #126837 on: April 01, 2017, 02:36:02 PM »

Think if ABV is out we gotta back Gayle as he'll play as one of the 4 foreigners pretty much every game and he opens. Granted he's been turd in the PSL but quiet a few of the big hitters were, he did get a decent scores in last couple of games if memory serves me right? Potentially coming into form. Couple of big innings from him and even Kohli won't catch him.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #126838 on: April 01, 2017, 02:43:33 PM »

End of March 2017

ROI of 31.3%

January £625.50
February £382.31
March £732.00

Profit of £14,948,07
ROI of 7.86%
6255 settled bets

Top 5 sports

Football £6006 at 13%
Horses £2829 at 5.6%
NFL £1939 at 16%
Misc £1828 at 22%
Motor Sport £1216 at 16%

Bottom 5 sports

Boxing -£528
RU -£412
Snooker-£347
Basketball -£293
Dogs  -£194

Outstanding Bets £1748

Wow pretty good start to the year.  Well.done all the winners.

Incred stuff 

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #126839 on: April 01, 2017, 03:48:07 PM »

Meh.

Mutarakez no good. Costello couldnt decide which way to go, horse had strange head carriage, all rather poor. Apols.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Pages: 1 ... 8452 8453 8454 8455 [8456] 8457 8458 8459 8460 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: