blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:00:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8734 8735 8736 8737 [8738] 8739 8740 8741 8742 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13441974 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #131055 on: November 29, 2017, 10:11:59 PM »

They have replayed that goal about 100 times already. The referee was very lucky, it almost decapitated him.

Joe Hart was ok though, he was safely out of the line of fire.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 10:14:59 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #131056 on: November 29, 2017, 10:13:45 PM »

West Ham's next 5 fixtures:
Man City (A)
Chelsea (H)
Arsenal (H)
Stoke (A)
Arsenal (A)

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/next-manager-to-leave-post

Is 33/1 value?
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #131057 on: November 30, 2017, 04:36:22 AM »

Want to swap Hodgson for Grant McCann?

Does he play a 4-5-1?  Grin
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #131058 on: November 30, 2017, 09:07:36 AM »

Rooney just scored a belter for Everton from the centre circle - in his own half. It was a full-blooded shot, too, not a lob.

Joe Hart not a happy bunny.

Incredible goal to hit first touch with the ball coming at him at pace to drill it how he did.  He really loved sticking it to Moyes!  

Carnage night for the layers tonight with the 4 short ones all winning plus Everton and Burnley were heavily backed all day.  Lucky they got virtually every fav beat on sky dogs to help pay for it.

Sure Ralph is getting ready on the Arsenal thread for a couple of posts.

It can't be a huge price Joe Fart is back where it all started for him next season at Shrewsbury in the championship if they manage to get promoted.  He looks so lost at EPL level.

You missed one result, which made all the difference......

Motherwell 1 - Celtic 1

There's always one.

Wink

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #131059 on: November 30, 2017, 09:15:56 AM »

an update on Palace and future betting opportunities.

Hodgson is proving a bit inept atm with playing a 4-4-2, playing Loftus Cheek and Zaha (possibly our best players) out of position. The game last night, imo, was there for the taking had we played 4-5-1.

The betting angle could be if Hodgson pursues this formation as i have heard he had at previous clubs, we could potentially, frustratingly, go down while being in every game, but as it is all so disjointed we JUST don't do enough to stay up. Of course the games approaching could prove me wrong, but from watching them i don't think the 4-4-2 will ever properly gel, in spite of our better defensive resoluteness with it, we have little bite up top. Amusing considering that's 4 points from our last two games, but we shouldn't have beat Stoke.

My belief is that in a 4-5-1 we would have a resurgence to what Allardyce had before Sakho got injured and blast our way up to mid table safety quite quickly. I think with the players as they are, basically all fit, that is the case.

I will be on the lookout as always for spots and with a possible Pardew quick impact at WBA i'm staring at their 6/4 at home to us on Saturday as a possible bet, but this Palace side is in bit of a limbo right now, so i am probably deferring any bet recommends until a couple more games.

Always good to read your thoughts Ant, keep them co0ming please.

The Premier League Manager market is a curiously interesting thing. In the last month or so, we've seen Hodgson, Moyes, Allardyce & Pardew appointed. Average age must be what, 55, 60? And we can assume Pulis will get a EPL job soon, too.

I can understand why Directors go for what they perceive as the safe option, but I can't help but think there must be younger & better British guys out there somewhere who just need to be given the chance. Howe is a good example, Dyche too, though I suppose the latter is not exactly young.

These guys must be worth a mint, too. They sign an x year deal, fail, & then, in the WTF department, get a 7 figure pay off for failing. Rinse repeat. Do that 2 or 3 times, as most of that quartet have, & you are set for life.

Meanwhile, down at the bottom of the foodchain, if we fail at our job, we get kicked out the door with sfa.

Funny old game, but good luck to them.

And did we tell you the name of the game, boy?
We call it "Riding The Gravy Train".

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #131060 on: November 30, 2017, 10:07:22 AM »

an update on Palace and future betting opportunities.

Hodgson is proving a bit inept atm with playing a 4-4-2, playing Loftus Cheek and Zaha (possibly our best players) out of position. The game last night, imo, was there for the taking had we played 4-5-1.

The betting angle could be if Hodgson pursues this formation as i have heard he had at previous clubs, we could potentially, frustratingly, go down while being in every game, but as it is all so disjointed we JUST don't do enough to stay up. Of course the games approaching could prove me wrong, but from watching them i don't think the 4-4-2 will ever properly gel, in spite of our better defensive resoluteness with it, we have little bite up top. Amusing considering that's 4 points from our last two games, but we shouldn't have beat Stoke.

My belief is that in a 4-5-1 we would have a resurgence to what Allardyce had before Sakho got injured and blast our way up to mid table safety quite quickly. I think with the players as they are, basically all fit, that is the case.

I will be on the lookout as always for spots and with a possible Pardew quick impact at WBA i'm staring at their 6/4 at home to us on Saturday as a possible bet, but this Palace side is in bit of a limbo right now, so i am probably deferring any bet recommends until a couple more games.

Always good to read your thoughts Ant, keep them co0ming please.

The Premier League Manager market is a curiously interesting thing. In the last month or so, we've seen Hodgson, Moyes, Allardyce & Pardew appointed. Average age must be what, 55, 60? And we can assume Pulis will get a EPL job soon, too.

I can understand why Directors go for what they perceive as the safe option, but I can't help but think there must be younger & better British guys out there somewhere who just need to be given the chance. Howe is a good example, Dyche too, though I suppose the latter is not exactly young.

These guys must be worth a mint, too. They sign an x year deal, fail, & then, in the WTF department, get a 7 figure pay off for failing. Rinse repeat. Do that 2 or 3 times, as most of that quartet have, & you are set for life.

Meanwhile, down at the bottom of the foodchain, if we fail at our job, we get kicked out the door with sfa.

Funny old game, but good luck to them.

And did we tell you the name of the game, boy?
We call it "Riding The Gravy Train".

How Moyes and Pardew are even considered for EPL jobs is beyond me.  Sam is proven.  And I think Roy deserves a chance to show England and Liverpool were just blips.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #131061 on: November 30, 2017, 10:30:10 AM »

Want to swap Hodgson for Grant McCann?

Does he play a 4-5-1?  Grin

Not sure he'd know what that is. If it involves playing wing-backs, when you don't own any wing-backs, and an 18yo in various positions, then probably.

Still fumming after Tuesday. 2-0 up away at Charlton, with 85mins on the clock. You have two defenders on the bench.

Do you a) make all three changes, one at a time, replacing a striker with a defender as one of them, break up the game and see it out comfortably.

Or b) make no changes until Charlton have scored a penalty in the 91st minute, then make a double switch, midfielder for slow midfielder and striker for 'striker'?

Week after week after week.

So we're still holding on at 2-1 in the 93rd minute when Ricky Miller gets put through. Takes it to the corner and runs down the clock? Or, still looking for his first Posh goal, take a pot shot from 35 yards?

You couldn't make this sh!t up.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131062 on: November 30, 2017, 10:35:53 AM »

Chompy seems to spend his time oscillating between fuming and flouncing, or does one lead to the other?

The older I get, the better I was.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #131063 on: November 30, 2017, 10:37:59 AM »

Fumlouncing and Flumming are similar yet very different.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #131064 on: November 30, 2017, 10:53:04 AM »

Sorry guys, but I must correct you both.

It's not fuming, or flumming - it's fumming.

Let's get it right please.

To be fair, in the Flounce Department, Chompy is world-class, there are very few who possess his flounceability.

He's a worldie in both flouncing & "doing business" or chops, actually.

Utter ledge. He sayed as much himself.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #131065 on: November 30, 2017, 11:01:44 AM »

Going back to those geriatric EPL Managers on the merry-go-round, I can't help but feel Steve Parrish at Palace seems to be a decent sort but so often gets shat upon.

Pulis pulled that dreadful stroke on him - really dirty that, I thought, securing his bonus early on some pretence, then the very next day "walking".

Allardyce, out of the blue, just upped sticks & left. "I'm at the age when I just want to spend time with the family" bla bla.

A few months later he turns up at Everton after insisting on a 3 year deal.

If my back was against the wall, I'm not sure I'd ever want Big Sam batting for me, despite his record of never being relegated. Think he played for 13 different clubs, & Managed 11 teams.  Not sure he has too many Long Service Watches, but he must be worth a 10 figure sum.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #131066 on: November 30, 2017, 11:09:36 AM »

https://www.oddschecker.com/darts/pdc-world-championship/winner

As discussed on the darts thread can we have £300 win on MVG at 4/5 and £50 e/w on Lewis at 50/1.  Hills are top price both and have the best ew terms.

Michael Van Gerwen PDC World Championship Winner
4/5
Total Stake: £300.00
Potential Returns: £540.00

partially knocked back by Hills on Lewis

Adrian Lewis PDC World Championship Winner
50/1 Each Way (2 Places at 1/2 Odds)
Total Stake: £40.00
Potential Returns: £1,540.00

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #131067 on: November 30, 2017, 01:56:53 PM »

Going back to those geriatric EPL Managers on the merry-go-round, I can't help but feel Steve Parrish at Palace seems to be a decent sort but so often gets shat upon.

Pulis pulled that dreadful stroke on him - really dirty that, I thought, securing his bonus early on some pretence, then the very next day "walking".

Allardyce, out of the blue, just upped sticks & left. "I'm at the age when I just want to spend time with the family" bla bla.

A few months later he turns up at Everton after insisting on a 3 year deal.

If my back was against the wall, I'm not sure I'd ever want Big Sam batting for me, despite his record of never being relegated. Think he played for 13 different clubs, & Managed 11 teams.  Not sure he has too many Long Service Watches, but he must be worth a 10 figure sum.

We did get a bit of luck though when Holloway decided to fall on his own sword when Parish had said he would basically back him all the way through that torrid start to the season when we first got up, perhaps a bit ignorant of me to think he wasn't pushed, but that was fortunate in the grand scheme of things.

As what appears from Chompy's post it's not the results so much that irk you more so that potential was left clearly untapped to see a game out or to go on to win a game when you have the ability there. I really am not a fan of Hodgson currently, but if he makes this 4-4-2 work i will shut up.
Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #131068 on: November 30, 2017, 07:26:24 PM »

Season four of the Formula E championship begins this weekend, but disappointingly, I've only found two bookies pricing up a championship market; Betway and Ladbrokes.

My suggestion is betting on Felix Rosenqvist to win the title at 8/1. That's phenomenal value given that he's probably the most talented driver in the series, and given that Mahindra were so strong towards the end of last season. If he can avoid the stupid mistakes, he's certainly in the title hunt. This should be 4/1 absolute maximum. Suggest a max. bet.

https://www.oddschecker.com/motorsport/formula-e/drivers-championship

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #131069 on: November 30, 2017, 07:30:11 PM »

Only with betnoway I am afraid

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 8734 8735 8736 8737 [8738] 8739 8740 8741 8742 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: