blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:53:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8743 8744 8745 8746 [8747] 8748 8749 8750 8751 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13406256 times)
Newportlad

View Profile
« Reply #131190 on: December 10, 2017, 07:14:30 PM »

Buffalo v Indianapolis

Fred should be having some unders fun today.

Click to see full-size image.

Snow isn't a major barrier to scoring points (wind is the major thing), but being cold doesn't help player performance obviously.

Tyrod Taylor is injured, which means Nathan Peterman starts under center. He's a more natural pocket passer but he had a rotten debut two weeks ago. Fortunately he plays a team with the sort of pass rush that wouldn't scare Scooby and Shaggy.

Worse still for Indy, their star center, Ryan Kelly is injured and misses out. Jacoby Brisset has needed the running game to help move the ball, because this is the worst O Line for pass protection in the league (per Football Outsiders). Kelly is a brilliant run blocker and Gore and Mack have been able to make yards up the gut, particularly in crucial 3rd down situations.

Buffalo's defense needs to show up again today, with this and two games against Miami left (plus a loss to the Patriots), as there's a possible playoff spot available.

The line of 39.5 is low but not low enough. This could be 6-3.

(Cue 44-47...)

Recommend £44 @ 10/11 under 39.5 points with various

https://www.oddschecker.com/american-football/nfl/indianapolis-colts-at-buffalo-bills/total-points

Great spot Tal!
These adverse weather bets are like golddust imo.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #131191 on: December 10, 2017, 07:16:38 PM »

Touchdown 27 seconds before the end of the half. Brutal for the draw backers and the no touchdown backers.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #131192 on: December 10, 2017, 07:33:04 PM »

Colts QB attempted two passes in first half, completing one. Presumably he couldn't see his receivers wearing all white so he decided not to bother and just give it to Gore!
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #131193 on: December 10, 2017, 08:14:54 PM »

Strictly bet for tonight's semi finals. Get a cup of something warm.

Next elimination:

https://www.oddschecker.com/tv/strictly-come-dancing/next-elimination

Two dances tonight. Both are dances they haven't yet done.

I have been looking at the training footage. My notes:

Debbie and Giovanni are dancing a Foxtrot to ‘Isn’t She Lovely’ by Stevie Wonder Debbie has been doing panto prep this week, so has been short on training time. The footage suggests Giovanni has given her an easier routine to remember. There are lots of pivots, which she's good at, but which, if there are too many, might annoy the public in particular. Foxtrot should be fluid and floaty. Her heels are a bit forced (obvious and pronounced; unnatural), which is something a teacher might do where their student is struggling to remember to go forward on the heel. This will be solid and probably get 34-38 from the judges.

and a Jive to ‘I’m So Excited’ by the Pointer Sisters This could be troublesome. Debbie doesn't have the energy of some of her rivals and this will be her most testing latin for that. But worse than that is the need to have straight legs. The best guide for this is the cha cha, which she did in week 4:

She got 27 for that, which was middle of the road. You'll note that her legs were bent the entire time. Straight legs give you the hip action, because you get natural hips by pushing your feet through the floor. In slower dances like rumba, you have time to do that, but it's harder in cha cha and jive. She is brilliant at some of the technical aspects of the dances (arms, pointing her feet, emotion) but her footwork isn't strong. So I expect this to be a little weak.

Joe and Katya are performing an American Smooth to ‘Have You Met Miss Jones?’ by Robbie Williams Not a powerful dancer with his slight stature, but his footwork is a world away from Debbie's. Honestly, he has hugely improved the last month and this looks impccable. Not seen the lifts, but I wonder whether this might be conservative and sweet. I am expecting 36+

and the Argentine Tango to ‘Human’ by Rag n’ Bone Man. A warning last week not to overdo the choreography, with Davood going out. Katya has concentrated more on the ganchos and ochos (the kicking and swivelling you see in this dance in hold). Smart move. Slightly odd song of course, but this should be strong. My guess would be this cements his place at the top of the leaderboard.

Gemma and Aljaž are dancing the Rumba to ‘Beneath Your Beautiful’ by Labrinth featuring Emeli Sandé Gemma has been sneaky good the last few weeks (perhaps Blackpool aside, though I thought she was undermarked). This rumba is slow and very wisely so. Gemma has the technique to do this and her arms look surprisingly good. Aljaž could have played a blinder here.

and a Tango to ‘My Sharona’ by The Knack (Royal Blood cover) Interesting article here: https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/889857/Strictly-Come-Dancing-2017-Gemma-Atkinson-Aljaz-Skorjanec-eliminated-BBC  Stick to non league footy, Mr Alger! This tango is strong, sharp and technically good. Aljaž has taught her very well. She looks like a finalist to me. More later...

Mollie and AJ are Waltzing to ‘Angel’ by Sarah McLachlan Footwork is an area of weakness, as she doesn't generate much power in stepping out. Hard when you are small, but not an excuse.

and performing a Samba to ‘Whenever, Wherever’ by Shakira This is a problem. She isn't pressing into the floor, which means she's dancing too "prim and properly". This is samba: the dance of the carnival. No holding back allowed. It's exceptionally difficult to do such different dances - she has the worst draw for that - and I don't see much to tell me she'll be anywhere but in the bottom two with the judges.

Alexandra and Gorka are performing a Salsa to ‘Finally’ by Cece Peniston This isn't bad. She moves very well and there's lots gong on in a challenging routine. I do think Gorka puts too much in his routines, but that might be because he wants Alexandra not to think about what's next and then go wrong or hesitate. Sometimes, she looks a bit like she's "dancing by numbers" (as Craig would say...albeit not to her), rather than investing in the story, but maybe that's me. Safe routine, this. Judges sure to be kind.

and a Viennese Waltz to Tina Arena’s version of R.E.M’s ‘Everybody Hurts' Good song choice, this.

It isn't as pronounced as the 1-2-3 of a traditional Viennese, but I have no doubt this will be a strong dance for her. She turns well. All I will say is she sometimes can be a bit skitty with her feet in closing her feet and she is pigeon toed, but these things are less obvious in this ballroom dance. If she dances well, this will be highly marked. I expect fawning judges talking about goosebumps and "courage in a difficult week". Tears to follow. I'll be shouting "overmarked!"

So, what does this all mean?

Best guess at order:

Joe
Alexandra
Gemma
Debbie
Mollie

So then to the public vote.

The most unpopular of these is Alexandra. So much press has been made of it this week, you wonder whether it's a concerted effort to get a producer favourite into the final. I can't see her being in the top 3 on votes, so she is in danger of being in the bottom two.

So, in my view, is Debbie. Don't see them both making it, but it wouldn't astonish me. Not enough value in the market however to be backing either of these to go; one only goes if they both end up in the dance off.

Gemma and Joe have become more popular with the public and Mollie has had a bounce since a run of dance offs a month ago. I don't see Mollie out of the bottom two, but I do see Gemma dodging it at least half of the time. Everyone wants to see Katya's showdance, so Joe is a lock for the final.

Dance off is highest scoring dance from earlier.

What we know about the judges for the dance off:
- if anyone goes up against Alexandra or Debbie, they are out
- if any other two go against each other, it will probably be on the dance (though don't leave it to Shirley in a close one if you are up against Mollie, as you are toast)
- Darcey will put her hands on her temples and exclaim it's so hard to choose.

Joe v Alexandra or Joe v Debbie is very unlikely, as Joe will score highly tonight. Even if he's third, he will get votes. It makes it quite likely one of Alexandra or Debbie is in the dance off. This means trouble for one of the other two.

Gemma IMO has a better chance of avoiding the dance off than Mollie. The public have their favourites, but I am not sure there is that much between these two with the voters and, most importantly, I expect there to look like there is a difference between them in their dances. Mollie doesn't look good on either (I am expecting it to be her Waltz that she scores highest on), but she should be 3-5 points below Gemma on that, which is a significant handicap to overcome, should the favourites to go face off.

It isn't impossible that Gemma tops the leaderboard tonight or goes close to it. Then Mollie is in a world of trouble.

Mollie is 5/4 with the Red Shouty Man and Bet £3.65.

Recommend £32 (for roundness).

Winner (at about 0.1p a word)

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #131194 on: December 10, 2017, 08:20:07 PM »

Nice one Tal I hope a few got on.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #131195 on: December 10, 2017, 08:32:11 PM »

Nice one, Tal.

£40 notes deducted from Tikay's slate, courtesy of Cornettobet.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #131196 on: December 10, 2017, 08:49:42 PM »

Thoughts on Jameis Winston (Tampa Bay) over 248.5 passing yards?

Marquise Goodwin (San Francisco) over 65.5 receiving yards?

Anyone else got some NFL bets for today?

Do we back Pittsburgh in their Shazier boots?

These two both won.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #131197 on: December 10, 2017, 09:24:58 PM »

Buffalo 13-7 Indianapolis

Lovely.

rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #131198 on: December 10, 2017, 10:34:19 PM »

Well done Tal, was never in doubt from about 5 mins in!

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #131199 on: December 11, 2017, 01:14:43 AM »

Top bombing Tal  thumbs up
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #131200 on: December 11, 2017, 08:53:44 AM »

Nice one, Tal.

£40 notes deducted from Tikay's slate, courtesy of Cornettobet.

Firstly, well done Tal. If ever a Recommend deserved to win, it was that one, it was a tour de force. Thanks.

And what a top bloke Marky is, thanks bud.

Err, how much do I owe you, exactly? I'm happy to settle up immediately.

Thanks both of you.  

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131201 on: December 11, 2017, 09:25:50 AM »

Great write up Tal, well done  thumbs up

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #131202 on: December 11, 2017, 09:54:44 AM »

Buffalo 13-7 Indianapolis

Lovely.

thumbs up
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131203 on: December 11, 2017, 09:59:23 AM »

Nice work Tal, I was also on that and the Goodwin receiving yards, great minds think alike.

Also got on the Unders on the longest field goal scored market in that game. I didn't realise that if there's no FG scored then it's a push. All in the semantics and wording of that bet, thought I'd got a nice little winner as I'd doubled it with the unders in the Browns game too. Both didn't have a FG scored so both pushed Sad

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #131204 on: December 11, 2017, 10:01:51 AM »

There's a major chess tournament going on in London at the moment. World Champion and Fred Fave, Magnus Carlsen, hasn't been playing well but he's been grinding out results to stay in the hunt.

Yesterday, he played terribly and made a mistake that a club amateur would have spotted in a heartbeat. He then played a handful of moves to follow which, whilst not throwing the game away, indicated he'd had enough.

But, as is the way in top level sports and games, there are compulsory interviews.

I'll let the reporter from Chessbase take it from here:

After the game, a visibly frustrated World Champion stepped into the live webcast interview zone for a contractually obligated webcast standup with Grand Chess Tour commentator GM Maurice Ashley. These occur in the same conference room in which a live audience enjoys commentary during the round, and around 150 people were crowded into the room to hear from Carlsen.

A few moments before they were to go on air, Ashley casually reached over to adjust the collar on Carlsen's sport coat, which had become turned outward awkwardly. Magnus reacted by violently throwing his arms up in the air, silently but forcefully saying "don't touch me", and striking Ashley in the process. Maurice was, naturally, taken aback but just seconds later he received the queue that he was live.

Magnus was clearly in no mood to chat:

(Carlsen is first interview; clip goes on longer than that)

As a by the by, immediately after the no longer than necessary interview, you might recognise one of the presenters: Jen Schahade.

Really is a remarkable interview. He tends to be grumpy when he loses, but you can see by the reactions just how rare this is.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 10:09:14 AM by Tal » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8743 8744 8745 8746 [8747] 8748 8749 8750 8751 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: