blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:57:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8744 8745 8746 8747 [8748] 8749 8750 8751 8752 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13433030 times)
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #131205 on: December 11, 2017, 10:12:46 AM »

Top work on Buffalo Tal, just annoyed I missed it.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #131206 on: December 11, 2017, 10:14:27 AM »

Two spots up for discussion I see potentially in the prem.

A Chelsea lay for around 23/10 away to Huddersfield and Everton at around the same price to win away at Newcastle?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #131207 on: December 11, 2017, 10:19:16 AM »

There's a major chess tournament going on in London at the moment. World Champion and Fred Fave, Magnus Carlsen, hasn't been playing well but he's been grinding out results to stay in the hunt.

Yesterday, he played terribly and made a mistake that a club amateur would have spotted in a heartbeat. He then played a handful of moves to follow which, whilst not throwing the game away, indicated he'd had enough.

But, as is the way in top level sports and games, there are compulsory interviews.

I'll let the reporter from Chessbase take it from here:

After the game, a visibly frustrated World Champion stepped into the live webcast interview zone for a contractually obligated webcast standup with Grand Chess Tour commentator GM Maurice Ashley. These occur in the same conference room in which a live audience enjoys commentary during the round, and around 150 people were crowded into the room to hear from Carlsen.

A few moments before they were to go on air, Ashley casually reached over to adjust the collar on Carlsen's sport coat, which had become turned outward awkwardly. Magnus reacted by violently throwing his arms up in the air, silently but forcefully saying "don't touch me", and striking Ashley in the process. Maurice was, naturally, taken aback but just seconds later he received the queue that he was live.

Magnus was clearly in no mood to chat:

(Carlsen is first interview; clip goes on longer than that)

As a by the by, immediately after the no longer than necessary interview, you might recognise one of the presenters: Jen Schahade.

Really is a remarkable interview. He tends to be grumpy when he loses, but you can see by the reactions just how rare this is.

Very good.

We still love him though.

He really looked totally distressed.

The female pundit in the Studio was struggling to suppress her laughter.

PS - well done on Buffalo, thank you.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #131208 on: December 11, 2017, 10:25:32 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

Jen Shahade is a pretty handy poker player. She won an OFC tournament for a tidy sum a few years back. Either supernova or SNE a while back I think (poker players to confirm?)

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #131209 on: December 11, 2017, 10:27:58 AM »

888 are 7-10 about Blackburn finishing in the top two in L1.

This is the best team I've seen at London Road since Palace came in their play-off winning season. Looked like a top-end Champo club, never mind a bunch of L1 rofflers.

Also, I know I sayed no more Poshies bets on here, but 8-1 Woking tomo is tough to resist. They were much the better team in the first game and crushed us on the stats. Joe Ward really impressed. Given our softness at home, poor Tuesday night record and awful record against 'lower' teams, 8-1 is massive.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #131210 on: December 11, 2017, 11:32:12 AM »

Champions League Draw

Juventus v Spurs

Basel v Man City

Porto v Liverpool

Sevilla v Man Utd

Real Madrid v PSG

Shakhtar v Roma

Chelsea v Barcelona

Bayern Munich v Besiktas

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #131211 on: December 11, 2017, 02:18:36 PM »

Had another inside info bet, Ayr Utd U20 v QOS U20's. Queens struggling to get a team together, load of their boys on holiday somewhere. Sadly they've managed today to get the game (tonight) postponed.

Low temps here, but QOS play on artificial pitch, so don't know how they got it postponed.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131212 on: December 11, 2017, 02:20:14 PM »

A Chelsea lay for around 23/10 away to Huddersfield and Everton at around the same price to win away at Newcastle?

Thought this might interest you Ant         https://www.charitystars.com/product/exclusive-football-experience-at-crystal-palace-with-roy-hodgson

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #131213 on: December 11, 2017, 04:28:36 PM »

Thought this might interest you Ant         https://www.charitystars.com/product/exclusive-football-experience-at-crystal-palace-with-roy-hodgson

Ha, yeh we wouldn't get on.
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #131214 on: December 12, 2017, 07:33:34 PM »

I know arrboy is a massive fan of these but the shybet price boost tonight seems unreal

Chelsea, Burnley and Watford treble currently at 16/1 having started at

Surely hats worth £20 of anyone's money?

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #131215 on: December 12, 2017, 07:46:23 PM »

I know arrboy is a massive fan of these but the shybet price boost tonight seems unreal

Chelsea, Burnley and Watford treble currently at 16/1 having started at

Surely hats worth £20 of anyone's money?

These are basically like EV rakeback for losing customers.  If you win you can't get them.  It's like a loyalty bonus for regs.  No brainer to hoover them up if you can get them for whatever the max is.  The treble is currently just over a 7/1 shot on betfair prices.  If you can get a score on skybet are basically giving you a £40 bet for £20 effectively.  Happy xmas.  Plus you have to deal with the swings of turning the EV into actual cash as the prices are big and you are still nearly 90% to do your money to them (and go chasing potentially) and there is no way to arb them so they don't attract arbers/MSE parasites with the offer as they all kick off at the same time.  It's quite a smart promo for skybet.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 07:53:33 PM by arbboy » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #131216 on: December 12, 2017, 09:56:26 PM »

got to feel for skybet doing their money on that treble.  They must have been a huge price in running to knock it out!
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #131217 on: December 12, 2017, 10:10:51 PM »

got to feel for skybet doing their money on that treble.  They must have been a huge price in running to knock it out!
yeah cheeers for the rub Cheesy

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #131218 on: December 12, 2017, 10:12:00 PM »

They didn't do their money? I did mine  Cry

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #131219 on: December 12, 2017, 10:24:06 PM »

oh sorry i mis read the results!  I thought they put up Palace!  You were still a million to get there on the Burnley game alone!

No rub intended my bad.
Pages: 1 ... 8744 8745 8746 8747 [8748] 8749 8750 8751 8752 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: