blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 12:17:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272641 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8971 8972 8973 8974 [8975] 8976 8977 8978 8979 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13454318 times)
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #134610 on: November 18, 2018, 06:38:34 PM »

Just wiki'd LaPorte and seen he's younger than Bernardo.

Guess if he's going to win anything it'll be young player of the year. Of course he's not quoted for that.

Might be worth emailing a couple of firms to request a price.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #134611 on: November 18, 2018, 06:51:06 PM »

Guess if he's going to win anything it'll be young player of the year. Of course he's not quoted for that.

Might wanna check your dates, Chomps Wink

Need to be 23 or under at the start of the season, Laporte turned 24 back in May, but Silva 24 only in August.

Best Bitter.
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #134612 on: November 18, 2018, 07:16:28 PM »

kante was a vote for his performance over two seasons. the players tend to do this [giggs anyone?], i'd argue this is especially true of defender where as forwards can have a salah like season and swarm votes through goals and flashy play

vvd already has a very good season under his belt where he had a huge impact on the performance of his team. laporte wasnt even first choice last year.

also when city do win the league even if they have a miserly defence it wont be as attributed to laporte as it would if liverpool spike a major cup.

still might be value but worth keeping mind
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #134613 on: November 18, 2018, 07:26:50 PM »

kante was a vote for his performance over two seasons. the players tend to do this [giggs anyone?], i'd argue this is especially true of defender where as forwards can have a salah like season and swarm votes through goals and flashy play

vvd already has a very good season under his belt where he had a huge impact on the performance of his team. laporte wasnt even first choice last year.

also when city do win the league even if they have a miserly defence it wont be as attributed to laporte as it would if liverpool spike a major cup.

still might be value but worth keeping mind

Agree in theory about VVD, in that you can argue he's more important to Liverpool than Laporte is to City. If both had identical seasons, I think VVD would turn more heads than Laporte.

But then I think that also downplays just how good Laporte is. The fact he shared centre half duties last season, to now being undroppable (and the only City outfield player to have played every minute of every league game so far) really highlights how he has adapted to the league, to Pep, to the tactics etc.

Make no mistake, Otamendi and Kompany are both quality defenders, but together with Stones they are fighting over one spot in the team because Laporte is that good.

Yet Sakho from Palace got called up to the France squad over him  Cheesy

Best Bitter.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #134614 on: November 19, 2018, 07:56:17 AM »

Might wanna check your dates, Chomps Wink

Need to be 23 or under at the start of the season, Laporte turned 24 back in May, but Silva 24 only in August.

Oops, as you were.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #134615 on: November 22, 2018, 02:21:53 PM »

Thanksgiving means football...

I think the market is underrating a few factors in the Chicago v Detroit game.

1. Lions Offense is banged up

Detroit are missing their dynamic running back,  Kerryon Johnson, and must rely on the ploddy Legarette Blount, the quiet Zach Zenner and the eternally disappointing Theo Riddick.

Making matters worse, having traded Golden Tate, they were reliant on no injuries to the receiving corps. Marvin Jones is out, so Kenny Golladay will be on his own as a big threat. This means the Bears can put Kyle Fuller on him (6'00 and similar speed) and double for obvious pass plays.

The reality is the Lions well do well to score 20 points against this elite defense. With no big play run threat, Khalil Mack can have his hand in the ground every snap and attack Matt Stafford.

2. Chase Daniel is very familiar with the offense

Obviously a lot is made of him not starting a game for a few years and making more money for less work than a Kardashian.

But he signed in March and previously was under head coach Matt Nagy when Nagy was OC in Kansas City. He understands the system completely - this is a very similar system to KC - and has had 8 months to learn and practice the offense.

The Detroit cornerbacks have been rubbish and, even with Darius Slay back on Allen Robinson, the problem is the pass rush isn't generating any pressure, so the corners aren't getting a fair chance to make plays. Expect quick release passes to protect Chase Daniel anyway and it's hard to see how Detroit cope.

3. Chicago off a short week at Detroit's Thanksgiving special game aren't massive factors

The overwhelming problem is Detroit have to score points and have little to stifle an elite, firing defense. They also can't stop the pass and face an offense with three or four aerial threats on the field each play.

Provided Cody Parkey kicks properly (missed 4 two weeks ago), this should be a reasonably comfortable Bears win.

Chi -3 is the bet for me today. 5.30pm kick off.

1.97 with "Snickers" bet but 10/11 is fine

« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 02:24:24 PM by Tal » Logged

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
nuros

View Profile
« Reply #134616 on: November 22, 2018, 02:38:56 PM »

Nice write up Tal ty!
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #134617 on: November 22, 2018, 04:33:14 PM »

great write up sir, i am on.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #134618 on: November 22, 2018, 05:03:22 PM »

Tighty, Tal, and Tony Wink

Three superb TfT scribes!

Only need one sentence to convince me to punt, but great write up, Tal Smiley

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #134619 on: November 22, 2018, 05:55:48 PM »

God stuff Tal Bloke & gl all.

Trust me to be MIA when a Tal Special is posted.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #134620 on: November 22, 2018, 10:47:22 PM »

Chicago 23 - 16 Detroit

Click to see full-size image.

This week in "are you sure these people play the same sport?"

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134621 on: November 23, 2018, 10:41:18 AM »

Hills black friday offers on the hour every hour again. Almost all blanked last year costing me a few quid but valooooo all round.

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #134622 on: November 23, 2018, 03:19:39 PM »

While I remember and the going is good, Fred has backed Julio Jones to be the receiving yards leader at 6/1.

He's doing well:

Jones 1305
Hill 1106
Thomas 1080
Thielen 1013*

Difficult to see anyone below that catching Jones.

Thielen has a game in hand (this Sunday).

We are also on Odell Beckham Jr. He's one of a bunch of players in the 900s, so it's a case of battling for fourth for a nice place payout.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 03:30:50 PM by Tal » Logged

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #134623 on: November 24, 2018, 11:41:37 AM »

Having a look at the Palace Man U game today i think there is value with Palace, but it is quite small. I would say the double chance shot should be closer to 1.5/1 than the 2/1 available and the outright win should be closer to 6/1 than the 7.5/1 i can see. However, it does have a feel that Palace could show dogged fight until eventually, a better second half performance from United breaks them clear to win.

I suggest a longshot as a possibility. Palace to take a lead into half time to eventually lose is well worth the small punt at 25/1+. The exchange has it at 29/1.

Man U have been notorious this season for being slow starters, and Palace have dug in quite well at the start of games, we may perhaps nick an early goal and crumble in the second half.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #134624 on: November 25, 2018, 02:15:53 AM »

The curious case of Chesterfield (continued): Now 18 League matches without a win, equalling the club record. Now drawn 8 consecutive League matches, equalling the club record. Unbeaten in last 11 matches in all comps, best run for 12 years.

Takes some topping.

Pages: 1 ... 8971 8972 8973 8974 [8975] 8976 8977 8978 8979 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: