blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:12:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 1828 1829 1830 1831 [1832] 1833 1834 1835 1836 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13444324 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #27465 on: January 21, 2013, 01:23:39 PM »

Stan James shortened to 20-1 by the time I got to them anyway, so went with betfred with whom I already had an account. Deposited £20 and we're in:

Market   Selection   Price   Hcp
Six Nations Outright 2013
To Finish Bottom
Wales   20/1   
Total stake   £ 20.00
Estimated return   £ 420.00
Full stake   £ 20.00
Full estimated return   £ 420.00

Is this correct TfT etiquette?! 

Only by me, as it is important that the owner of the bet knows it is on, & so MereAccountant can keep the Spready up to date - he enters all the bets for us, & so he needs that info.

If you are just punting for yourself, on the Posh Bloke Diary, you just need to say (BEFORE the Event) "I have had £20 on Wales" or whatever.

The difference here is that we need to be accountable.

Oops. I wasn't sure, keen to not "aftertime" should it come in!

It just looks like a "I've got a functioning Stan James account" brag post imo.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #27466 on: January 21, 2013, 01:24:43 PM »

Alex, if you're still not sure what 'aftertime' means, ask stato.

It is a 9 letter word.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #27467 on: January 21, 2013, 01:44:56 PM »

Stan James shortened to 20-1 by the time I got to them anyway, so went with betfred with whom I already had an account. Deposited £20 and we're in:

To Finish Bottom
Wales   20/1   
Total stake   £ 20.00
Full stake   £ 20.00

Only by me, as it is important that the owner of the bet knows it is on, & so MereAccountant can keep the Spready up to date - he enters all the bets for us, & so he needs that info.

If you are just punting for yourself, on the Posh Bloke Diary, you just need to say (BEFORE the Event) "I have had £20 on Wales" or whatever.

think you've misread the post Wink

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #27468 on: January 21, 2013, 01:46:07 PM »

Interesting how the brain works, I didn't like the sound of Stan James. He sounds like a thug. So I didn't open an account. Fred sounds much more friendly Cheesy

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #27469 on: January 21, 2013, 01:49:11 PM »

To Finish Bottom
Wales   20/1   
Total stake   £ 20.00
Full stake   £ 20.00

think you've misread the post Wink

LOL yes I did, but having a functioning Betfred account is nearly as big of a brag.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27470 on: January 21, 2013, 01:51:41 PM »

Interesting how the brain works, I didn't like the sound of Stan James. He sounds like a thug. So I didn't open an account. Fred sounds much more friendly Cheesy

Mr Fred Done, the BetFred big cheese, is really really popular in these parts.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #27471 on: January 21, 2013, 01:54:43 PM »

Thinking of absolutely pounding Chicago Bulls -2.5 vs Lakers tonight.

Only available with Bwin atm I think come gametime the line will be closer to 4-5 http://www.oddschecker.com/basketball/nba/los-angeles-lakers-at-chicago-bulls/point-spread

Lakers have lost their last 5 road games and 8 of their last 10 total games and what was once looking like a mini revival for the squad has quickly vanished.

Bulls have won 7 of their last 10 and are just playing solid, nothing fancy but getting the job done basketball which starts from playing great defence.

Bulls had the day off yesterday whereas Lakers have travelled to Canada to play the Raptors yesterday where they were thoroughly outplayed the entire game and didn't lead at any point except 2-0 after which they will of had to jump straight on a plane to Chicago with little/no preparation for this game.

Kobe is misfiring the last few games and having to clutch it in the 4th Q to get even close to respectable numbers, the bulls defence will be able to limit him to low % shots which when he isn't shooting very well he will find very hard to make.

Anyone got any thoughts on this?

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27472 on: January 21, 2013, 02:09:09 PM »

Questions for TL900

Not a follower of the NBA, but been following your recommends when I can. It seem the fixtures just pile up for the teams, playing 3 times a week or so? Hell of a lot of travelling. Squad rotation & burn out must be heavy?

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #27473 on: January 21, 2013, 02:17:30 PM »

Excellent responses under the article, including...

joey1234 • an hour ago
Thats just ruined this series of big brother for me in one fowl swoop

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #27474 on: January 21, 2013, 02:21:09 PM »

Questions for TL900

Not a follower of the NBA, but been following your recommends when I can. It seem the fixtures just pile up for the teams, playing 3 times a week or so? Hell of a lot of travelling. Squad rotation & burn out must be heavy?

Yes they play alot of games in short periods of time. Usually 2-3 times per week travelling all across the US. Alot of times they have "back to back" games on consecutive days, such as the Lakers today and yesterday, these games are never across thousands of miles from east to west coast though they will usually be vs conference/division rivals. Very occasionally they play 3 games in 3 days and this is a massive hinderance as you can imagine and fatigue is a real issue, but in general all the players are amazingly fit and athletic and can cope with the fixtures being so close together.

All teams 95% of the time will have a set 5 starters that start every game even if its the 3rd game in 3 days and they have a bench of 6-8 players usually that they can use if/when they want. Starters minutes will vary based on bench quality and depth, some teams like the Clippers for example have a very good bench and can afford to rest their starters more often and play them for say 30-35 minutes total out of the 48 whereas a team like the Lakers have to play Kobe a huge amount of minutes per game, usually 38-42 because their bench is very poor quality and they will just lose too much ground with them on the floor too long.

So naturally there are teams that back to back games don't effect as much as it might the Lakers, and especially when it comes to crunch time end of the season/playoffs, good benches win ball games.

Cliffs :

Players cope with alot of fixtures very well in general.
Coaches are usually very good/aware of the fatigue levels of their squad.
Squad rotation and burnout isn't as much as you might think.

@MtSpewmore
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #27475 on: January 21, 2013, 02:21:56 PM »

Excellent responses under the article, including...

joey1234 • an hour ago
Thats just ruined this series of big brother for me in one fowl swoop

If he had spent more time practising his diving instead of watching BB, we could be even better off.....

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Tonji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27476 on: January 21, 2013, 02:28:56 PM »

Questions for TL900

Yes they play alot of games in short periods of time. Usually 2-3 times per week travelling all across the US. Alot of times they have "back to back" games on consecutive days, such as the Lakers today and yesterday, these games are never across thousands of miles from east to west coast though they will usually be vs conference/division rivals. Very occasionally they play 3 games in 3 days and this is a massive hinderance as you can imagine and fatigue is a real issue, but in general all the players are amazingly fit and athletic and can cope with the fixtures being so close together.

All teams 95% of the time will have a set 5 starters that start every game even if its the 3rd game in 3 days and they have a bench of 6-8 players usually that they can use if/when they want. Starters minutes will vary based on bench quality and depth, some teams like the Clippers for example have a very good bench and can afford to rest their starters more often and play them for say 30-35 minutes total out of the 48 whereas a team like the Lakers have to play Kobe a huge amount of minutes per game, usually 38-42 because their bench is very poor quality and they will just lose too much ground with them on the floor too long.

So naturally there are teams that back to back games don't effect as much as it might the Lakers, and especially when it comes to crunch time end of the season/playoffs, good benches win ball games.

Cliffs :

thanks TL

interesting how different sports operate. Wish there was more than 24 hours a day & I'd be able to get more into the NBA.

When is the end of season playoffs?

Do you follow basketball in Europe also?

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

TL900

View Profile
« Reply #27477 on: January 21, 2013, 02:36:39 PM »

Questions for TL900

Cliffs :

thanks TL

interesting how different sports operate. Wish there was more than 24 hours a day & I'd be able to get more into the NBA.

When is the end of season playoffs?

Do you follow basketball in Europe also?

Yea, with all the games starting at 12-3am it makes it very hard for people from the UK to get into/follow, I really enjoy watching it though, along with NFL. American Sport FTW <3

Playoffs start April 20th and will run to mid June. Just 3 days after the reg season finishes so no rest/relaxation until a winner is decided.

Have never watched a European basketball game, I just started watching the NBA after a friend advised me too and was instantly hooked and loved it and was told the European game is alot poorer quality so I never gave it a chance really. I think I've watched UK basketball once on sky when there was nothing on and it was dreadful quality of basketball. The NBA is really the creme dela creme.

@MtSpewmore
LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #27478 on: January 21, 2013, 03:38:17 PM »

Please please please NO bets tomorrow on the Villa Vs Bradford game I don't want anyone to bok it, I would really like a day at wembley

Thanks
kpnuts

KP Nuts: All Hat, No Cattle

View Profile
« Reply #27479 on: January 21, 2013, 03:40:07 PM »

Thinking of absolutely pounding Chicago Bulls -2.5 vs Lakers tonight.

Only available with Bwin atm I think come gametime the line will be closer to 4-5 http://www.oddschecker.com/basketball/nba/los-angeles-lakers-at-chicago-bulls/point-spread

Lakers have lost their last 5 road games and 8 of their last 10 total games and what was once looking like a mini revival for the squad has quickly vanished.

Bulls have won 7 of their last 10 and are just playing solid, nothing fancy but getting the job done basketball which starts from playing great defence.

Bulls had the day off yesterday whereas Lakers have travelled to Canada to play the Raptors yesterday where they were thoroughly outplayed the entire game and didn't lead at any point except 2-0 after which they will of had to jump straight on a plane to Chicago with little/no preparation for this game.

Kobe is misfiring the last few games and having to clutch it in the 4th Q to get even close to respectable numbers, the bulls defence will be able to limit him to low % shots which when he isn't shooting very well he will find very hard to make.

Anyone got any thoughts on this?

Blue Sq going Bulls -1 @ 10/11. Top scorer Deng doubtful (hamstring)

@kpnuts134
Pages: 1 ... 1828 1829 1830 1831 [1832] 1833 1834 1835 1836 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: