blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:06:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 301 302 [303] 304 305 306 307 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13436117 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4530 on: April 25, 2012, 10:24:31 PM »

WarBwastard is on fire!

His Bayern bet got home after a monster sweat, normal time, extra time, and a swing swing penalty shoot out.

Top tonking.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4531 on: April 25, 2012, 10:27:13 PM »

Not much of a sweat for my first venture into the thread then.  Looks like I'll have to do some Eurovision research instead - had the last 3 winners in that  Wink

No worries, oddly, we had Hawkins at 7/2, so it all ended up nicely.

Chompy thinks he is the Eurovision King, so bring it on, you can't do worse than MANTIS and the singing virgin dude, made a laughing stock of us, am sure it is a level.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4532 on: April 25, 2012, 10:30:06 PM »

Manuel neuer gents. Great stuff

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
WarBwastard

View Profile
« Reply #4533 on: April 25, 2012, 10:36:07 PM »

That was quite an exciting game.  Fortunately Germans prefer not to lose at penalties.

http://la-boca-de-la-cueva.blogspot.com/

http://mexico.worldcupblog.org/

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left." -- Bertrand Russell
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4534 on: April 25, 2012, 10:37:27 PM »

That was quite an exciting game.  Fortunately Germans prefer not to lose at penalties.

Schweinsteiger is too efficient/Germanic to ever miss. I had quite a lot of mental pennies on him dispatching the last one

Schweinsteiger would be fantastic in the Premiership

My eyes are open wide
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #4535 on: April 25, 2012, 10:48:43 PM »

german league is very very strong now lots of depth to

showing the benefit of encouraging more home grown players and financial structure (to a degree) and reducing ticket prices to ensure more "real" fans attend

great stuff

good calls on the thread today well done all
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4536 on: April 25, 2012, 10:54:00 PM »

german league is very very strong now lots of depth to

showing the benefit of encouraging more home grown players and financial structure (to a degree) and reducing ticket prices to ensure more "real" fans attend

great stuff

good calls on the thread today well done all

Been a good couple of days in fact, very pleased.

Only a few days to the month end now, too, so fingers crossed, no big accidents, & we can book a nice profit. And then the 'Roll inceases, & with it, the Max Bet.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4537 on: April 25, 2012, 11:02:10 PM »

Is this where we post about basketball?

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/visuals/post/_/id/755/ridiculous-basketball-shot-from-estonia

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #4538 on: April 25, 2012, 11:06:28 PM »

Think we will all be relieved when the Never Bettingonit Again season is over!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4539 on: April 25, 2012, 11:13:34 PM »

The problem with Baseball and Basketball, I find, is there are so many matches, over so many nights and the margins between success and failure are so thin (ie there's talent on every team, such that on any given night anyone can beat anyone else) that you are taking odds on shots which are the right price at best. After all, the Vegas lines are pretty tight.

There might be exceptions, for example this year's Texas Rangers in the MLB are 12-4, but a lot baseball teams have records of 10-7/9-8/7-10 etc and play each other and beat each other

My eyes are open wide
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #4540 on: April 25, 2012, 11:20:59 PM »

The problem with Baseball and Basketball, I find, is there are so many matches, over so many nights and the margins between success and failure are so thin (ie there's talent on every team, such that on any given night anyone can beat anyone else) that you are taking odds on shots which are the right price at best. After all, the Vegas lines are pretty tight.

There might be exceptions, for example this year's Texas Rangers in the MLB are 12-4, but a lot baseball teams have records of 10-7/9-8/7-10 etc and play each other and beat each other

I've bet alot of baseball in my time.

Definitely most successful has been opposing big odds on shots when the Star pitchers are playing.

Seen Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez go off at 2/9 in spots where they couldn't realisitically be shorter than 1/3.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #4541 on: April 25, 2012, 11:33:13 PM »

I follow every game every night in the NBA n think Ive posted 4 bets in this thread. It's true there's loads of games but I think like anything the secret is to try and find the ones that are priced wrong. Every night I'll have an opinion on 10 games but hopefully the ones here should be the best bets. No point putting 10 bets up every night on the same sport. One problem is a lot of edge comes from waiting til before the game and discovering team news on twitter but this comes after grandad's bedtime
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #4542 on: April 26, 2012, 02:48:35 AM »

Think the NBA bet last night should have been on Utah, not on total points. Without being an aftertimer, the logic was good, Utah were in form and needed to win to get to the playoffs (starting this weekend) and Phoenix had just missed the playoffs and left with nuthin to play for. Seems like they didn't try that hard and we missed the points spread. I say we...I backed Utah not the points Smiley

I like Washington at 4/5 tonight. They're the second worst team in the league, but have won 4 straight games now, and finally look to be clicking after some big trades have reshaped their team a month or so back. Cleveland have lost 5 of the last 6 and while they're at home, 5/6 is a nice price with the form of the two teams.

As an aside, I think I'll back Chicago at Indy, hoping the rumours that they will buck the trend to rest stars and will play their starters to get them some time toegther before the playoffs is true, and hope Indy do rest some, but that's a bit riskier. Might take a risk on Orlando to beat the Bobcats at 1/19 lol

I intended to do that, Jeff, but I cannot get 4/5, so I'll have to swerve it I'm afraid. Some bugger nicked all the 4/5 & I'll get too much flak if I take a bad price. Wink

Next best seems to be 8/11, not much difference I guess, but I'd prefer 4/5. I'll keep an eye on the prices during the evening, & if I see 4/5, I'll get on.

http://www.oddschecker.com/basketball/nba/washington-wizards-at-cleveland-cavaliers/winner
All these won, thank god u missed out so u can continue your moaning about NBA bets Smiley
Singheee

View Profile
« Reply #4543 on: April 26, 2012, 06:36:13 AM »

Mlb tips for tonight

st louis to beat chicago cubs- main reason for this bet is lance lynn, moved from the bullpen and hes been awesome only only one run i in each of his first three starts against decent opposition
@4/6 with sky bet

washington to beat san diego- washington won there last three, season record won 13 lost 4, starting zimmerman who has pitched 7 innings in each of his last three start only allowing one run in each game
san diego won 5 lost 13 starting with wieland who had a good outing in his last game against phillies, but is very unexperienced and i believe zimmerman has the edge over him, so better pitcher and better batting lineup- win win
@ 10/13 sky bet

both these won
st louis 5-1
washington 7-2
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4544 on: April 26, 2012, 07:25:11 AM »

I follow every game every night in the NBA n think Ive posted 4 bets in this thread. It's true there's loads of games but I think like anything the secret is to try and find the ones that are priced wrong. Every night I'll have an opinion on 10 games but hopefully the ones here should be the best bets. No point putting 10 bets up every night on the same sport. One problem is a lot of edge comes from waiting til before the game and discovering team news on twitter but this comes after grandad's bedtime

Great Post Jeff, (minus the last part....) & echoes my thinking exactly - one or two bets a week at the absolute MAXIMUM suits me. I have no problem with those who bet 3 or 4 games every night, but it will never float my boat, the 'roll is not deep enough, & I just don't weant to go that route.

Pages: 1 ... 299 300 301 302 [303] 304 305 306 307 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: