blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:17:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 4744 4745 4746 4747 [4748] 4749 4750 4751 4752 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13442999 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71205 on: March 14, 2014, 03:21:07 PM »

Thrilled to see Michael O'Leary having such a great day, & I'm sure everyone else will echo those sentiments. He got a proper DoubleUp.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71206 on: March 14, 2014, 03:24:55 PM »

The Gold Cup

As it stands these are the last bets placed on Cheltenham

Cheltenham Gold Cup   Lyreen Legend   50/1   16            £8 e/w qtr odds 1,2,3,4
Cheltenham Gold Cup   Lyreen Legend   50/1   40            £20 e/w qtr odds 1,2,3,4
Cheltenham Gold Cup   Last Instalment   14/1   20            NRNB
3.20 Cheltenham    Bobs Worth   4/1   10            
3.20 Cheltenham           Bobs Worth   7/4   25            FREE BET if 2nd

I would think the bookies are having the better of it (Briar Hill, Cheltenianl etc today will help)

so good luck those three horses ^^^ for us

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #71207 on: March 14, 2014, 03:25:17 PM »

Thrilled to see Michael O'Leary having such a great day, & I'm sure everyone else will echo those sentiments. He got a proper DoubleUp.

I'll be having a better day if he gets a treble!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71208 on: March 14, 2014, 03:29:36 PM »

Good luck Mark.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #71209 on: March 14, 2014, 03:31:10 PM »

Good luck Mark.

You're on as well Cheesy

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71210 on: March 14, 2014, 04:02:43 PM »

Cheltenham 2014

Day Four Result -£161

Race One -£50 (Plinth)
Race Two -
Race Three -
Race Four -£111 (Bobs Worth, Lyreen Legend, Last Instalment
Race Five
Race Six
Race Seven

Day Three Result -£9.07

Day Two result +160.18
Day One Result -203.89

Cumulative Cheltenham Result -£223.78

Free Bets to Use : Two x £25 William Hill

My eyes are open wide
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #71211 on: March 14, 2014, 04:05:43 PM »

Commentary just staying they thought it was going to be a two horse race.

Bob's worth hardly looking like a winner at any point! :/
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #71212 on: March 14, 2014, 04:18:30 PM »

aftertiming  Lord Windermere cantering all over the others from early on?

Only a few days until April everyone

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #71213 on: March 14, 2014, 04:24:26 PM »

Someone must have thought it was having £25k on it at 1/2 in running on bf!!!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71214 on: March 14, 2014, 04:30:16 PM »

The next race is the CGA Foxhunter Challenge Cup Chase.

"CGA" stands, apparently, for "Country Gentlemen's Association".

How perfectly splendid.

Bet their get-togethers are fun.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #71215 on: March 14, 2014, 04:41:07 PM »

Nicely timed kip at lunchtime Tikay.  Ducking a loser as good as picking a winner, well almost

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #71216 on: March 14, 2014, 04:44:05 PM »

Small recommend for Romford's Golden Sprint competition which begins tonight - Sparta Flame @ 40/1 with Ladbrokes.

Lightly raced type who could be open to improvement but has performed well at the track in recent weeks regardless. Early pace is huge over the 400m and whilst there are plenty with good early in the competition Sparta Flame can match them, with 3:60s and 3:61s splits recently.

At Romford, generally speaking, under 24 seconds for the 400m is an indication of a top racer there and there are only a handful in the field that have those times, with none delivering them consistently. Sparta Flame posted 24:13s on his first look and a further 24:18s recently, so he's not far off.

Just seems the best value bet in the competition to me.

£10EW perhaps?

http://www.oddschecker.com/greyhounds/ante-post/romford-golden-sprint/winner

Decided that I was going back in after also deciding it looks good for his heat, fire up Ladbrokes to see we've likely moved it to 25/1
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71217 on: March 14, 2014, 05:02:49 PM »

The MLB starts next week

Click to see full-size image.

Singhee hasn't been on for ages, unfortunately

I have asked redarmi, who gave me/us such fun on the Tampa Bay rays last season top pop his thoughts up, I hope he will

I think Singhee was a season too early on the Kansas City Royals, on whom he recommended a bet last season

I was researching away late one evening and asked a US journalist friend about the Royals

His reply was

"“Watch out for Royals. Great ‘pen, some inning-eating starters and a couple of cornerstones in Sal Perez and (Eric) Hosmer.”

basically to go deep ionto the MLB post season you need

- starting pitching (5 starters rotate, and you need depth)
- bullpen pitching (to close games out)
- defense (particularly in the infield)
- hitting (obviously)

His contention was the Royals have all four, having been a bit light on the first two at times last season

They had been built for the long haul http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/news/article/kc/phil-rogers-royals-have-been-built-to-win-over-long-haul?ymd=20140312&content_id=69180572&vkey=news_kc because traditionally they have traded away talent (too expensive to pay) for draft picks and now one of the brightest farm systems with those draft picks are hitting the major leagues

eg

They have a candidate for rookie of the year in RHP Ventura, who is recorded in recent pre-season games at 102mph pitches

http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20140312&content_id=69180828&notebook_id=69194422&vkey=notebook_kc&c_id=kc

The prices in this are skewed, much like the Broncos/Chiefs NFL bet we had (one short favourite, a couple of improving franchises), because the Tigers who went deep in the 2013 post season, are 4/9 favourites

(baseball is a game with no salary cap, so you can spend as your owner wishes, with the biggest tv markets giving the biggest budgets. so teams like the yankees, the texas, LA and major city teams tend to hoard the talent. this skews betting prices, sometimes correctly but sometimes not. eg oakland and moneyball, or smaller market teams who outperform their budget. the aim is to try to find these for 2014)

I really like unfashionable teams that are improving fast, mainly in the NFL but also other sports and often in UK betting markets wherwe you might be ahead of the curve on US Sports

So

the division

http://www.oddschecker.com/baseball/mlb/american-league-central/winner

I support the White Sox and they and the twins are a couple of years way. I think the Royals can challenge the Tigers at a value price in what isn't a five horse race

Recommend  £20 at 11-2 William Hill AL Central Kansas City Royals

the American League

the big guns are short here..therein lies the opportunity

Recommend £10 at 18-1 William Hill American league Kansas City Royals

« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 03:33:49 PM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #71218 on: March 14, 2014, 06:00:18 PM »

I simply cannot have a boxer anywhere near SPOTY

Froch/Groves is a sham, complete set up fights,

the antics also put any casuals off, like fingernails on a blackboard to even watch the crap at press conferences etc

No one outside boxing fans and idiots prepared to shell out on PPV would recognise Groves in the street, Froch is unlikeable even if you do know him. Even got a poor reception at his home venue last night!

Boxing is never seen on terrestial at all, a massive factor in all SPOTY of the last ten years. Almost always got to have some terrestial exposure to get the votes in

Not a chance they'll be at the sharp end of this

Calzaghe won a weak renewal on '07 despite having no real crossover appeal and his win over Kessler which ultimately won him the award was shown on Setanta.

That said I can't have Froch.  He is not a very likeable character as you say and won't come across well during the build up which will get a lot of airtime.  He got a very mixed reaction in his own backyard last night and will be booed to the ring on fight night.  Even if he wins the fight in impressive style I can't see people voting for him.  Groves at 80/1 EW is of more interest, the boxing public have warmed to him massively since their first fight and I have him only a slight dog in the fight.  I can see him boxing Froch's ears off and winning a wide UD in style.  If that happens I don't see him being too far out of the reckoning in a weak renewal.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #71219 on: March 14, 2014, 06:18:41 PM »

Any news on our peddler-chappie put up by Mr Wetsuit?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: 1 ... 4744 4745 4746 4747 [4748] 4749 4750 4751 4752 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: