blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:23:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 4743 4744 4745 4746 [4747] 4748 4749 4750 4751 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13443782 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #71190 on: March 14, 2014, 02:50:58 PM »

depending on your views on the 240 chelt Scud looks a big price at 8/1 to be top jockey at ladbrokes. His key mount of the day is currently a heavily backed 3/1 poke for the 240.  If that wins ruby's most likely winner of the day obviously won't win.   recommend £25 at 8/1 on ladbrokes.  People are asking for under 8/1 on a not tight bf market.

Walsh out for the rest of the day

You've had a result there (assuming he ends up ok) arbboy

Cracking lay now on bf.  maximum lay for me for the thread.  Ruby Walsh to be top festival jockey.  Only way he can be beat is if Scu or Bazza get a win today (or johnson wins 2 or ap wins 3 - these are unlikely so we will exclude them from calcs)

So if we add up % chance of all scu an Bazza rides for the rest of the day to win it comes to 91% which makes them a 1/10 shot to win (ie Ruby 10/1 shot to win) u can currently lay under 4/1 for decent money.  I have already laid a monkey udner 4/1 in last 10 mins.  Suggest thread puts up asap £200 at 5/2 on bf and see if you get matched before the 240pm chelt race.  If not take it down as the price changes massively in the 240pm race.

To put it in simple terms we are getting around 2/5 about a 1/10 shot if we get matched prior to 2.40pm

Are you absolutely sure? you should be multiplying not to win for each race not adding up horses to win.

bobs worth (36%) and kings palace (27%) are nearly a 1/2 shot alone without adding all the other % of their other rides in all the other races.  Pretty sure i haven't made a mistake here.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #71191 on: March 14, 2014, 02:52:09 PM »

depending on your views on the 240 chelt Scud looks a big price at 8/1 to be top jockey at ladbrokes. His key mount of the day is currently a heavily backed 3/1 poke for the 240.  If that wins ruby's most likely winner of the day obviously won't win.   recommend £25 at 8/1 on ladbrokes.  People are asking for under 8/1 on a not tight bf market.

Cracking lay now on bf.  maximum lay for me for the thread.  Ruby Walsh to be top festival jockey.  Only way he can be beat is if Scu or Bazza get a win today (or johnson wins 2 or ap wins 3 - these are unlikely so we will exclude them from calcs)

So if we add up % chance of all scu an Bazza rides for the rest of the day to win it comes to 91% which makes them a 1/10 shot to win (ie Ruby 10/1 shot to win) u can currently lay under 4/1 for decent money.  I have already laid a monkey udner 4/1 in last 10 mins.  Suggest thread puts up asap £200 at 5/2 on bf and see if you get matched before the 240pm chelt race.  If not take it down as the price changes massively in the 240pm race.

To put it in simple terms we are getting around 2/5 about a 1/10 shot if we get matched prior to 2.40pm

Are you absolutely sure? you should be multiplying not to win for each race not adding up horses to win.

bobs worth (36%) and kings palace (27%) are nearly a 1/2 shot alone without adding all the other % of their other rides in all the other races.  Pretty sure i haven't made a mistake here.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #71192 on: March 14, 2014, 02:56:15 PM »

240 Kings palace 28% Apache 2.5%

320 bobs 36% the gaint 6.5%

515 tanks 6.5% his excell 4.5%

This comes to 84% (it was 90% prior to the 205 race when they had 7% coupled which lost) plus u have to add the % chance of johnson having 2 winners as well.  Its not a 1/10 shot now (it was pre 205pm when i laid it) but its still great value laying 5/2 ruby on roughly a 1/7 shot now

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #71193 on: March 14, 2014, 02:57:47 PM »

0.64x0.73 = .4672 closer to evens than 1/2.  It is wrong, trust me.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #71194 on: March 14, 2014, 02:59:44 PM »

rep in tatters.  Fucked up.  Run good one time please!!!!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71195 on: March 14, 2014, 03:02:58 PM »

rep in tatters.  Fucked up.  Run good one time please!!!!

Welcome to the exclusive Misclick Club. It's been lonely, about time I had some company.

Hope you get out of it unscathed. I usually do.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #71196 on: March 14, 2014, 03:03:44 PM »

at least we got the 'right' price and have just bought some variance for the afternoon for a bit of interest!!!  Using my one time to escape.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #71197 on: March 14, 2014, 03:04:05 PM »

Red Bull drifted a lot in the F1 to not finish market. The Lotus prices have come in massively. I went in when they first went up, and back in yesterday @ ~4/6 so eating value pie tonight. General consensus on Vettel and Riccardo now?

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #71198 on: March 14, 2014, 03:04:15 PM »

Welcome to the exclusive Misclick Club. It's been lonely, about time I had some company.

i usually don't !!!!!!!  
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #71199 on: March 14, 2014, 03:06:35 PM »

You've had plenty of company but we, I mean they don't all own up.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #71200 on: March 14, 2014, 03:07:31 PM »

i usually don't !!!!!!!  

we've all been there.  My favourite was coming across a race market in the early days of Betfair where a few of the horses looked way too short.  Had done a lot of laying before realising i'd been crushing the place market.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #71201 on: March 14, 2014, 03:07:57 PM »

there was decent money (not mine) done at 8/1 9/1 after his fall so i just assumed my original (rushed) thinking was correct when the price started falling.  Many thanks for the maths experts for stepping in and correcting me.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #71202 on: March 14, 2014, 03:10:54 PM »

there was decent money (not mine) done at 8/1 9/1 after his fall so i just assumed my original (rushed) thinking was correct when the price started falling.  Many thanks for the maths experts for stepping in and correcting me.

richard johnson double would do and be a very sick way to dodge a bullet or an AP treble!!!!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71203 on: March 14, 2014, 03:19:08 PM »

Red Bull drifted a lot in the F1 to not finish market. The Lotus prices have come in massively. I went in when they first went up, and back in yesterday @ ~4/6 so eating value pie tonight. General consensus on Vettel and Riccardo now?

i think we posted the consensus

surprising pace in the the first free practices, made a lot of progress since testing

still a way behind mercedes

possible an overheating problem on the longer run, so some issues may persist

if their rate of progress is maintained (early days) 7/2 vettel for the WDC is massive

but who can tell?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #71204 on: March 14, 2014, 03:20:57 PM »

richard johnson double would do and be a very sick way to dodge a bullet or an AP treble!!!!

FML barry and scu go 8/11 and 6/4 in running in the last and both get beat
Pages: 1 ... 4743 4744 4745 4746 [4747] 4748 4749 4750 4751 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: