blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:20:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 4745 4746 4747 4748 [4749] 4750 4751 4752 4753 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13442795 times)
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #71220 on: March 14, 2014, 06:29:42 PM »

I simply cannot have a boxer anywhere near SPOTY

Froch/Groves is a sham, complete set up fights,

the antics also put any casuals off, like fingernails on a blackboard to even watch the crap at press conferences etc

No one outside boxing fans and idiots prepared to shell out on PPV would recognise Groves in the street, Froch is unlikeable even if you do know him. Even got a poor reception at his home venue last night!

Boxing is never seen on terrestial at all, a massive factor in all SPOTY of the last ten years. Almost always got to have some terrestial exposure to get the votes in

Not a chance they'll be at the sharp end of this

Calzaghe won a weak renewal on '07 despite having no real crossover appeal and his win over Kessler which ultimately won him the award was shown on Setanta.

That said I can't have Froch.  He is not a very likeable character as you say and won't come across well during the build up which will get a lot of airtime.  He got a very mixed reaction in his own backyard last night and will be booed to the ring on fight night.  Even if he wins the fight in impressive style I can't see people voting for him.  Groves at 80/1 EW is of more interest, the boxing public have warmed to him massively since their first fight and I have him only a slight dog in the fight.  I can see him boxing Froch's ears off and winning a wide UD in style.  If that happens I don't see him being too far out of the reckoning in a weak renewal.

In results orientated fashion whoever wins the mandatory re-match is going to be deemed to of been hard done by in the first bout.

The more people speak out against Carl Froch's personality then the more good will there will be towards George Groves if he wins.

Historically speaking boxing looks as good a sport as any to be on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_Sports_Personality_of_the_Year_Award#By_sport. And every sports fan with a freeview box and Sky Sports News is going to get the pre-fight build up rammed down their throats whether they like it or not.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #71221 on: March 14, 2014, 06:31:40 PM »

the antics also put any casuals off, like fingernails on a blackboard to even watch the crap at press conferences etc

No one outside boxing fans and idiots prepared to shell out on PPV would recognise Groves in the street, Froch is unlikeable even if you do know him. Even got a poor reception at his home venue last night!

Boxing is never seen on terrestial at all, a massive factor in all SPOTY of the last ten years. Almost always got to have some terrestial exposure to get the votes in

Calzaghe won a weak renewal on '07 despite having no real crossover appeal and his win over Kessler which ultimately won him the award was shown on Setanta.

That said I can't have Froch.  He is not a very likeable character as you say and won't come across well during the build up which will get a lot of airtime.  He got a very mixed reaction in his own backyard last night and will be booed to the ring on fight night.  Even if he wins the fight in impressive style I can't see people voting for him.  Groves at 80/1 EW is of more interest, the boxing public have warmed to him massively since their first fight and I have him only a slight dog in the fight.  I can see him boxing Froch's ears off and winning a wide UD in style.  If that happens I don't see him being too far out of the reckoning in a weak renewal.

Even Phil Taylor has hit the top 3 in this event before with no non sky tv coverage in a much smaller minority sport than boxing.  I just struggle to see how you all think Froch and/or Groves are a 20/1 shot to be placed top 3 (10/1 coupled) in the biggest fight ever held in england in front of the biggest crowd in uk boxing history.  
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #71222 on: March 14, 2014, 06:32:09 PM »

The next race is the CGA Foxhunter Challenge Cup Chase.

"CGA" stands, apparently, for "Country Gentlemen's Association".

How perfectly splendid.

Bet their get-togethers are fun.

They are
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #71223 on: March 14, 2014, 06:44:46 PM »

When Arbboy put Froch up first of all I said pretty much the same but the more I think about it the more it seems wrong to me.  Not saying it is great value but he is no 100-1 shot.  I kind of agree I would rather back Groves though just because he seems a bit more likeable at this point.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #71224 on: March 14, 2014, 06:48:32 PM »

When Arbboy put Froch up first of all I said pretty much the same but the more I think about it the more it seems wrong to me.  Not saying it is great value but he is no 100-1 shot.  I kind of agree I would rather back Groves though just because he seems a bit more likeable at this point.

Hi to all the lads at bet365 who obviously follow the fred as they have decided to cut Froch from 40/1 to 25/1 today.  No way anyone could have backed Froch at 40/1 with them today when 80/1 and 100/1 is out there and 65/1 available on bf.  Always good to know which firms read the fred.
cheapwetsuit

View Profile
« Reply #71225 on: March 14, 2014, 06:58:20 PM »

Any news on our peddler-chappie put up by Mr Wetsuit?

When the peloton finishes as a bunch, everyone is given the same time. Unfortunately, today there were gaps in the peloton.

So, Kwiatkowski finished in second place and was given the same time as the winner. Uran finished 11th, and was adjudged to have been 4sec off the pace. Good news is that Moreno (30th) only lost 6sec, but Quintana (51st) lost 14sec ... to be left 32sec behind Kwiatkowski.

We're still running good, with the hardest stages still to come ... but goddamn the pedantic stewards who try to find gaps when everyone finishes as a group. They'd probably prefer crashes.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #71226 on: March 14, 2014, 08:53:44 PM »

Sparta Flame goes in the 8:50 http://www.racingpost.com/greyhounds/tv.sd
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #71227 on: March 14, 2014, 09:16:29 PM »

Sparta Flame goes in the 8:50 http://www.racingpost.com/greyhounds/tv.sd

Horrible trouble at the first, out, apologies
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71228 on: March 14, 2014, 09:17:14 PM »

Daily Report

Loss on Month £483.25

Outstanding bets  £3572.68

Free Bets to use, TWO WILLIAM HILL first expiry 18th

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aia1Hxq-NDNWdFk3UmlTSXMzTjRBTVNfOWRndVFsZHc&usp=drive_web&pli=1#gid=22

Cheltenham 2014

Day Four Result -£161

Race One -£50 (Plinth)
Race Two -
Race Three -
Race Four -£111 (Bobs Worth, Lyreen Legend, Last Instalment)
Race Five
Race Six
Race Seven

Day Three Result -£9.07

Day Two result +160.18

Day One Result -203.89

Cumulative Cheltenham Result -£223.78

Apologies this is early, I am having a day off tomorrow. Family and sport.

A loss of £161 yesterday then on a dramatic final day at Cheltenham, with the losing bets detailed above. Of course the final tally moved decisively in favour of the bookies for many punters on Frdiay, with an outsider winning the Gold Cup and other favourites losing.  I expect the thread's performance was no worse a result on turnover than many others experienced this week

It is frustrating, from our narrow viewpoint, not to be able to have access to the Betting Emporium PPV tips. Not wanting to re-open that debate but it is not accidental that the thread won on Cheltenham in large part with the BE tips (free) last year and lost this year unable to use them for not wanting to "spoil" commercial content

Big picture though, I hope tikay and many others benefitted. A Gold Cup winner at 40-1 is not to be sniffed at, nor was the overall profit for the week for BE.

I'll spare a thought tonight for Daryl Jacob, Ruby Walsh, Bryan Cooper and a few others. Tough buggers

Onto the weekend

Amongst the positions we have in action:

- Australian Grand Prix

Click to see full-size image.

- English football across the divisions. We're hoping this man plays up front and scores

and its time for these fellas to justify their "bet of the year" tag

- The climax of the Sx Nations with three games tomorrow. Special mention the final game of an all time great

- Tirreno-Adriatico cycling

See you Sunday
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 09:18:51 PM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71229 on: March 14, 2014, 10:05:18 PM »

I'm off to Craven Cottage tomorrow for Fulham v Newcastle. I don't support either so will be looking to have a bet or two to add a bit of spice to the game. Does anyone have any fancies? Cheers :-)

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #71230 on: March 15, 2014, 02:54:38 AM »

I like a horse today in the main "after the Lord Mayors show" event....the Midlands National.  It is a good each way race with 17 runners so we can handle another one coming out but I am writing this at like 2am UK time and won't be up too early so if it cuts up to 15 or less runners it is a no bet.  The horse in question is Wyck Hill.  Best early prices are 9/1 with 365 and Boyles which I would definitely bet it at but I would be inclined to wait until 11am or so as the jolly Goulanes is the Pricewise horse and seems likely to be be backed.  A big part of these races is whether the horse in question can get the trip and we know Wyck Hill can because it won the Eider Chase over 4m1f in its last race and whilst that was a tough race I don't think it would be coming here if they didn't think it could handle the race and plenty of winners of this used to come after racing in the race at Newcastle and Seven Towers did the double.  Given we have an in built advantage with the terms and we know it gets the trip I think that makes the place element excellent value.  I also think that prices seem wrong in relation to the favourite.  In the Welsh National Goulanes and Wyck Hill were roughly the same price (20/1 and 22/1) and had the same weight differential.  Since then our horse has gone to Newcastle and shown it gets the trip and is in form should be fit whilst Goulanes has stayed at home and the only reason for that is that the trainer has won the race a few times but those horses were much bigger prices.  I don't generally like to oppose Segal but   The other one at the front of the market is Harry Topper but it is giving chunks of weight away and only subsequent Gold Cup winner Syncronised has done that in the past ten years here and whilst Harry Topper might become a Gold Cup horse we can't assume he is that good at this stage and his presence leaves a lot of other horses out of the handicap.

Recommend 30 ew at 9/1 or better Wyck Hill.  Would be inclined to take the risk of waiting until 11am or so in the hope we will get a bit bigger.

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #71231 on: March 15, 2014, 03:10:06 AM »

They laid me £50 on the F1 dnf bets despite letting me punt away on Cheltenham. Wouldn't surprise me.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71232 on: March 15, 2014, 08:17:04 AM »

I like a horse today in the main "after the Lord Mayors show" event....the Midlands National.  It is a good each way race with 17 runners so we can handle another one coming out but I am writing this at like 2am UK time and won't be up too early so if it cuts up to 15 or less runners it is a no bet.  The horse in question is Wyck Hill.  Best early prices are 9/1 with 365 and Boyles which I would definitely bet it at but I would be inclined to wait until 11am or so as the jolly Goulanes is the Pricewise horse and seems likely to be be backed.  A big part of these races is whether the horse in question can get the trip and we know Wyck Hill can because it won the Eider Chase over 4m1f in its last race and whilst that was a tough race I don't think it would be coming here if they didn't think it could handle the race and plenty of winners of this used to come after racing in the race at Newcastle and Seven Towers did the double.  Given we have an in built advantage with the terms and we know it gets the trip I think that makes the place element excellent value.  I also think that prices seem wrong in relation to the favourite.  In the Welsh National Goulanes and Wyck Hill were roughly the same price (20/1 and 22/1) and had the same weight differential.  Since then our horse has gone to Newcastle and shown it gets the trip and is in form should be fit whilst Goulanes has stayed at home and the only reason for that is that the trainer has won the race a few times but those horses were much bigger prices.  I don't generally like to oppose Segal but   The other one at the front of the market is Harry Topper but it is giving chunks of weight away and only subsequent Gold Cup winner Syncronised has done that in the past ten years here and whilst Harry Topper might become a Gold Cup horse we can't assume he is that good at this stage and his presence leaves a lot of other horses out of the handicap.

Recommend 30 ew at 9/1 or better Wyck Hill.  Would be inclined to take the risk of waiting until 11am or so in the hope we will get a bit bigger.

Good morning (?) Stu, & thank you very much.

WE have £30 EW @ 9/1, Wyck Hill, BetVictor

15:50WYCK HILL (EW)(Horse Racing Outright)Odds: 9/1 Stake: 60.00Possible Return:  397.50

BET PLACED

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #71233 on: March 15, 2014, 09:41:44 AM »

I like a horse today in the main "after the Lord Mayors show" event....the Midlands National.  It is a good each way race with 17 runners so we can handle another one coming out but I am writing this at like 2am UK time and won't be up too early so if it cuts up to 15 or less runners it is a no bet.  The horse in question is Wyck Hill.  Best early prices are 9/1 with 365 and Boyles which I would definitely bet it at but I would be inclined to wait until 11am or so as the jolly Goulanes is the Pricewise horse and seems likely to be be backed.  A big part of these races is whether the horse in question can get the trip and we know Wyck Hill can because it won the Eider Chase over 4m1f in its last race and whilst that was a tough race I don't think it would be coming here if they didn't think it could handle the race and plenty of winners of this used to come after racing in the race at Newcastle and Seven Towers did the double.  Given we have an in built advantage with the terms and we know it gets the trip I think that makes the place element excellent value.  I also think that prices seem wrong in relation to the favourite.  In the Welsh National Goulanes and Wyck Hill were roughly the same price (20/1 and 22/1) and had the same weight differential.  Since then our horse has gone to Newcastle and shown it gets the trip and is in form should be fit whilst Goulanes has stayed at home and the only reason for that is that the trainer has won the race a few times but those horses were much bigger prices.  I don't generally like to oppose Segal but   The other one at the front of the market is Harry Topper but it is giving chunks of weight away and only subsequent Gold Cup winner Syncronised has done that in the past ten years here and whilst Harry Topper might become a Gold Cup horse we can't assume he is that good at this stage and his presence leaves a lot of other horses out of the handicap.

Recommend 30 ew at 9/1 or better Wyck Hill.  Would be inclined to take the risk of waiting until 11am or so in the hope we will get a bit bigger.

Good morning (?) Stu, & thank you very much.

WE have £30 EW @ 9/1, Wyck Hill, BetVictor

15:50WYCK HILL (EW)(Horse Racing Outright)Odds: 9/1 Stake: 60.00Possible Return:  397.50

BET PLACED

888sport are 10/1 1/4 5 places in this race currently and the same price the selection at 9/1.  For anyone who can actually get on with this mob that has to be close to a max bet with those terms assuming 16+ runners.  BF sportsbook 10/1 1/4 first four is also great value as well, again if you can get on. 

Update - There has been a NR already and the field is down to 16 runners.  As per the morningline this morning they said the ground is drying out quickly due to the overnight wind so i wouldn't be in a rush to get involved now the runners are at a bare 16 so early on.  Only one more non runner will make it only 3 places with the firms and a definite negative ev spot.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 10:13:28 AM by arbboy » Logged
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #71234 on: March 15, 2014, 09:51:00 AM »

I'm off to Craven Cottage tomorrow for Fulham v Newcastle. I don't support either so will be looking to have a bet or two to add a bit of spice to the game. Does anyone have any fancies? Cheers :-)

Gouffran first scorer.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Pages: 1 ... 4745 4746 4747 4748 [4749] 4750 4751 4752 4753 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: