blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:11:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 6167 6168 6169 6170 [6171] 6172 6173 6174 6175 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13441537 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #92550 on: December 20, 2014, 11:16:00 AM »

I don't have anything to recommend for Fred today in the big event. There's not a lot of value that I can find, as the jolly doesn't really look like getting beaten.

I've personally had some modest positions on the two boys to win (more on Simon than Mark). I'd contemplate a bet on Frankie to finish fourth at 10/1 (shouty red man), given her showdance, which will be a sort of American Smooth, might not excite as much as the boys' numbers. It's asking a lot. Maybe 9% isn't too bad. She's actually who I want to win, so that's a bit weird Cheesy

Sit back and enjoy unless Fred decides he has to have a bet.

There was me thinking this is Villa v Man U, Spurs v Burnley, the big race at Ascot, the Darts........

Cough

Whooshed me there Adzy, what did I miss/forget?

A cough of agreement. It comes to something on a lovely sporting day such as today when SDC is considered the highlight.

Im a dinosaur, obv......

On another note, I have to laugh at Betfred. I just went to have a small bet on an old friend at Haydock and was offered a pathetic £2.10.

I then rang up using my old Tote credit account/which is now Betfred and was given £100 ew, as requested.

WTF?!

Ahh yes, of course.

Amazing though, I'm still in shock at how much money Fred & Co are making from it, & I still can't quite figure how or why that is. Not a problem that will overly exercise me though. Shame we came up just shy on Fleur, mind.   

Our first ever bet, almost 3 years ago, was, I think, on a Novelty Bet, think it was the Oscars or some bollox. That won, too. The signs were there early, staring us in the face.

As to Betfred & Tote, it really is odd that after all this time, they have still not got their act together, you'd think they were totally different outfits.

Punish them

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #92551 on: December 20, 2014, 11:17:46 AM »

Shame nothing from Lord Strictly of Tal this evening

There used to be a well used and slightly annoying phrase used on racing tv "A 6/4 winner pays the same at Southwell (insert other shite track here) as Cheltenham"

Now should read "A 6/4 winner on novelty shite tv pays the same as Cheltenham"

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #92552 on: December 20, 2014, 11:20:07 AM »

Frankie is on the march, Flackie having a driff, now 6-4, 4-5 respectivelah.
The British public won't be swayed by judges in these spots imo Tal, they'll vote for the nice girl, especially this time of year. Ho ho ho.

Just rang Coralolol about the Ronan bet. Got through to Serge from Beverley Hills Cop, who sayed it isn't NRNB after checking with a supervisor and a loltrader. Looks like another of Nicola's newspaper creations. Still, she binked a front page with that Queeny nonsense, so job done.

Another novelty market. Are we not just missing an obvious spot with the hilarious Mrs Browns Boys for top TV show? It crushed on Boxing Day two years ago, was a surprise winner on Xmas Day last year and still seems to be on the up as far as the nation's comedy loving public are concerned. 5-4 could be mahoosive?

What price is Heidi?

Some tears have been shed over that one, down the years.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #92553 on: December 20, 2014, 11:24:10 AM »

Hold on a minute, Heidi was on TV when I was a kid. Mid 70s?

Something not quite right about rolling in from a hard day's graft at Acton Builders' Merchants'r'us in your mid 40s and sitting down to watch?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF0gtj7nLMo

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #92554 on: December 20, 2014, 11:24:40 AM »

I don't have anything to recommend for Fred today in the big event. There's not a lot of value that I can find, as the jolly doesn't really look like getting beaten.

I've personally had some modest positions on the two boys to win (more on Simon than Mark). I'd contemplate a bet on Frankie to finish fourth at 10/1 (shouty red man), given her showdance, which will be a sort of American Smooth, might not excite as much as the boys' numbers. It's asking a lot. Maybe 9% isn't too bad. She's actually who I want to win, so that's a bit weird Cheesy

Sit back and enjoy unless Fred decides he has to have a bet.

There was me thinking this is Villa v Man U, Spurs v Burnley, the big race at Ascot, the Darts........

Cough

Whooshed me there Adzy, what did I miss/forget?

A cough of agreement. It comes to something on a lovely sporting day such as today when SDC is considered the highlight.

Im a dinosaur, obv......

On another note, I have to laugh at Betfred. I just went to have a small bet on an old friend at Haydock and was offered a pathetic £2.10.

I then rang up using my old Tote credit account/which is now Betfred and was given £100 ew, as requested.

WTF?!

Ahh yes, of course.

Amazing though, I'm still in shock at how much money Fred & Co are making from it, & I still can't quite figure how or why that is. Not a problem that will overly exercise me though. Shame we came up just shy on Fleur, mind.   

Our first ever bet, almost 3 years ago, was, I think, on a Novelty Bet, think it was the Oscars or some bollox. That won, too. The signs were there early, staring us in the face.

As to Betfred & Tote, it really is odd that after all this time, they have still not got their act together, you'd think they were totally different outfits.

Punish them

And if you back online you don't even have to look anyone in the eye when you collect the money...

Reluctant to race, came home in own time
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #92555 on: December 20, 2014, 11:27:49 AM »

Shame nothing from Lord Strictly of Tal this evening

There used to be a well used and slightly annoying phrase used on racing tv "A 6/4 winner pays the same at Southwell (insert other shite track here) as Cheltenham"

Now should read "A 6/4 winner on novelty shite tv pays the same as Cheltenham"

Love it!

The producers have kept secret the judges' choice dances and no one's doing a Highest Scorer market, plus it's public vote only and that's my least confident area. And no one's doing top two or top three betting.

To extend your analogy, it's an A8 at Hall Green Bags

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #92556 on: December 20, 2014, 11:30:14 AM »

Some golden tft this morning

great stuff all
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #92557 on: December 20, 2014, 11:32:15 AM »

Hold on a minute, Heidi was on TV when I was a kid. Mid 70s?

Something not quite right about rolling in from a hard day's graft at Acton Builders' Merchants'r'us in your mid 40s and sitting down to watch?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF0gtj7nLMo

No no no, it was old even then - the proper Heidi was made in 1937.

That was part of the Xmas ritual at Grandma Angell's - Christmas Dinner, Her Majesty's Speech (we all stood up, of course, respect), Liberace, Heidi, then the Xmas version of Sunday Night at the London Palladium.

Amazing times, hence my love of all things Xmas.   

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heidi_(1937_film)

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #92558 on: December 20, 2014, 11:32:38 AM »

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #92559 on: December 20, 2014, 11:47:33 AM »

Morning Mr T.

You enquired about my premier league football betting earlier in the week and today the bet I like most is Everton to beat Southampton at 2-1. I certainly don't know anything the bookies don't, but then I don't think I do on any of my other bets. In my defence however I doubt that the bookies peruse the Indian cricket forums in their research ! I can't help think that the bookies are being somewhat remiss though. Once you wade through the guff he spouts on the Indian version of SCD, Mahindra from Pashwan really does give some cracking cricket info - go Vijay !

Same for me with the Premier league. I do plenty of bets that wouldn't be suitable for Fred and certainly not what would be called value', but it is my most profitable betting market in the last year!
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92560 on: December 20, 2014, 12:00:14 PM »

Happy holidays horsey & all, nice to see the Camel making an appearance.

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #92561 on: December 20, 2014, 12:01:56 PM »

Morning Mr T.

You enquired about my premier league football betting earlier in the week and today the bet I like most is Everton to beat Southampton at 2-1. I certainly don't know anything the bookies don't, but then I don't think I do on any of my other bets. In my defence however I doubt that the bookies peruse the Indian cricket forums in their research ! I can't help think that the bookies are being somewhat remiss though. Once you wade through the guff he spouts on the Indian version of SCD, Mahindra from Pashwan really does give some cracking cricket info - go Vijay !

Same for me with the Premier league. I do plenty of bets that wouldn't be suitable for Fred and certainly not what would be called value', but it is my most profitable betting market in the last year!

I guess we sometimes miss what is under our nose, but I would have thought that the Premier League football markets were fairly efficient, & there can't often be much value to had, can there?

For sure, the Bookies make, on average, a very solid profit from the Premier League Football markets.

simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #92562 on: December 20, 2014, 12:11:10 PM »

In the first at Ascot  there is a fav that might be worth taking on and a reasonable e/w shape to the race. If you take the view that Tourard Man's narrow margin of victory over out of form Jonjo's  Mackerye End lto is not the strongest form - might be worth opposing with either or both of Wizards Bridge or Rascal (Tizzard in good form and Skelton we now know is favoured by Neil)
Not suggesting he approves the bet, but would love to hear his (or anyone else's) opinion if he is reading. Doubt we lose much by waiting a while just in case of non-runner.

Had a bit more of a look at this and feel I'll have to have a e/w bet on Absolute Bygones @ 16-1 based on strong staying and form with American Life

Reluctant to race, came home in own time
hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #92563 on: December 20, 2014, 12:12:59 PM »

Mr T why is it assumed that the betfair market is perfect for premier league football and nothing else? We bet successfully on American football, basketball, horseracing etc all of which are huge markets. This mantra that betfair is held up as a perfect market really annoys me and makes me want to bet against it all the more. I think it comes back to my over competitiveness.

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #92564 on: December 20, 2014, 12:18:53 PM »

In the first at Ascot  there is a fav that might be worth taking on and a reasonable e/w shape to the race. If you take the view that Tourard Man's narrow margin of victory over out of form Jonjo's  Mackerye End lto is not the strongest form - might be worth opposing with either or both of Wizards Bridge or Rascal (Tizzard in good form and Skelton we now know is favoured by Neil)
Not suggesting he approves the bet, but would love to hear his (or anyone else's) opinion if he is reading. Doubt we lose much by waiting a while just in case of non-runner.

Had a bit more of a look at this and feel I'll have to have a e/w bet on Absolute Bygones @ 16-1 based on strong staying and form with American Life

not the other two?

strength of conviction is fair/high/ballistic? (so i can size the bet)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 6167 6168 6169 6170 [6171] 6172 6173 6174 6175 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: