blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 03:23:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272928 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 711 712 713 714 [715] 716 717 718 719 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13576893 times)
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10710 on: July 20, 2012, 06:10:37 AM »

What's coming up?

The Tour De France is reaching its conclusion with Bradley Wiggins looking home and hosed.

The first test between England and South Africa continues.

Day two of The Open will no doubt produce some entertainment.

Catalans play St Helens in Super League.

There are some practice football matches for the Olympics with Great Britain women taking on Sweden and the men taking on Brazil.

The World Matchplay Darts starts on Saturday.

It's 7 days until the start of the Olympics.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 06:12:54 AM by MereNovice » Logged

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10711 on: July 20, 2012, 06:45:03 AM »

Betting for SPOTY:
http://www.oddschecker.com/specials/awards/sports-personality-of-the-year/winner

Five of the top ten on the list are currently women.

Jessica Ennis 4/1
Rebecca Adlington 28/1
Laura Trott 33/1
Victoria Pendleton 40/1
Fran Halsall 40/1

Also featuring:
Ellie Simmonds 50/1
Hannah Powell 50/1
Maddie Thompson 50/1
Perri Shakes-Drayton 66/1

Presumably we have got until the start of the Olympics before the "number of women" market prices disappear.

Note: I'm not suggesting that both Adlington and Halsall (or Pendleton and Trott) will be nominated!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 07:25:27 AM by MereNovice » Logged

henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #10712 on: July 20, 2012, 07:44:33 AM »

MA Jimenez to win his 3-ball 12.48  7/5 Bwin.

Played crap yesterday and still won. 71/72/75 IIRC

Sandy
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10713 on: July 20, 2012, 07:53:49 AM »

MA Jimenez to win his 3-ball 12.48  7/5 Bwin.

Played crap yesterday and still won. 71/72/75 IIRC

Sandy

On.

No idea how good a bet this is but you have good to Fred in the past. Got 2.54 on Betfair.

henrik777   Betfair   Golf   The Open: Jimenez/Jacquelin/Duval 3-ball   Jimenez   2.54   £40

Miguel Angel Jimenez   2.54   £40.00   £61.60

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10714 on: July 20, 2012, 08:29:15 AM »

Daily Report, as @ 06:00, Friday July 20th

The Open started with a calm day that led to some good scoring; unfortunately none of it by our horses. Somehow Fred hasn't backed 3G (Nicolas Colsaerts) who is one shot off the lead. That was a bad oversight. Adam Scott leads on -6. Our closest runner for first round leader was five shots behind despite a promising start by Jeev Milkha Singh. They were all at least 100/1 shots so it was to be expected.
Our bets for overall winner (all each-way), Fowler, Furyk and Lehman are all over par but it's early days.

The Test Series started with a solid performance by England. They are 267/3 overnight. There was a full day's play despite a 15 minute late start due to rain. Our man Hashim Amla is likely to get to the crease sometime today.  The much vaunted South African bowling attack looked fairly ordinary on a placid pitch that looked as if it will provide assistance for spin as the game progresses.

We had some discussion about the number of women who may be nominated for SPOTY but no bet as yet.

We also had some discussion about horses which will probably lead to a bet.

Can you remind me what that bet is, please, Vince?

Not sure how Fred missed 3G, & just to rub salt into the wounds, I backed him on my own account. Whoops.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #10715 on: July 20, 2012, 09:53:53 AM »

Mr Tikay you will have to take some of the blame for not having 3G in your stable. Before the US Open you backed him without a recommendation and assigned the bet to me, thus I figured it was bound to happen this time. Really not sure that this course suits him though.

p.s I appear to have a baby gannet temporarily stranded in my garden.

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10716 on: July 20, 2012, 10:04:56 AM »

Mr Tikay you will have to take some of the blame for not having 3G in your stable. Before the US Open you backed him without a recommendation and assigned the bet to me, thus I figured it was bound to happen this time. Really not sure that this course suits him though.

p.s I appear to have a baby gannet temporarily stranded in my garden.

I do!

I even PM'd you the day before the Open, hoping you might put him up!

In the end, & at the last minute, I backed him myself, £25 EW @ 80/1 with Laddies, so I feel rather bad now. As it happens, he has started badly today.

Hope you are OK, anyway.

Baby gannet? What?! What area of the countty do you live - a coastal region? How wonderful! They grow to be HUGE, up to 2 metre wingspan, & tend to be found mostly in Scotland, I believe.

Whoops, a bit off-topic for Fred, this......

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #10717 on: July 20, 2012, 10:42:50 AM »

The Open started with a calm day that led to some good scoring; unfortunately none of it by our horses. Somehow Fred hasn't backed 3G (Nicolas Colsaerts) who is one shot off the lead. That was a bad oversight. Adam Scott leads on -6. Our closest runner for first round leader was five shots behind despite a promising start by Jeev Milkha Singh. They were all at least 100/1 shots so it was to be expected.
Our bets for overall winner (all each-way), Fowler, Furyk and Lehman are all over par but it's early days.

The Test Series started with a solid performance by England. They are 267/3 overnight. There was a full day's play despite a 15 minute late start due to rain. Our man Hashim Amla is likely to get to the crease sometime today.  The much vaunted South African bowling attack looked fairly ordinary on a placid pitch that looked as if it will provide assistance for spin as the game progresses.

We had some discussion about the number of women who may be nominated for SPOTY but no bet as yet.

Not sure how Fred missed 3G, & just to rub salt into the wounds, I backed him on my own account. Whoops.

He's imploding - doesn't look too bad....but they're all missing greens this morning
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10718 on: July 20, 2012, 10:48:37 AM »

We have Hashim Amla to score more than 205 runs in the series.

hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #10719 on: July 20, 2012, 11:09:10 AM »

Whilst discussing birdies, eagles and albatrosses then I think a gannet is quite a reasonable talking point. After 2 hours of walking round eating grass and apples, all the while being carefully watched by mom and dad on the surrounding rooftops he has finally summoned the energy to fly off. I was very confused by it as it's plumage was so different to it's parents and he even looked bigger than both of them.

Speaking of big babies I just heard Peter Alliss say that he was 14lb 12oz at birth- the biggest baby in Europe for 90 years!

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10720 on: July 20, 2012, 11:20:52 AM »

Whilst discussing birdies, eagles and albatrosses then I think a gannet is quite a reasonable talking point. After 2 hours of walking round eating grass and apples, all the while being carefully watched by mom and dad on the surrounding rooftops he has finally summoned the energy to fly off. I was very confused by it as it's plumage was so different to it's parents and he even looked bigger than both of them.

Speaking of big babies I just heard Peter Alliss say that he was 14lb 12oz at birth- the biggest baby in Europe for 90 years!

Amazingly, it seems to be true, too.....

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=25486.msg1607719;boardseen#new

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #10721 on: July 20, 2012, 02:20:14 PM »

Just out of interest, how are SA 7/1 in cricket with Eng 6/4 ? Not saying we'll lose, massive fanboy and I'm sure our bowling attack will crush them but the prices don't make sense to me ?
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10722 on: July 20, 2012, 02:23:14 PM »

Just out of interest, how are SA 7/1 in cricket with Eng 6/4 ? Not saying we'll lose, massive fanboy and I'm sure our bowling attack will crush them but the prices don't make sense to me ?

I think it's a reflection of how the pitch is expected to deteriorate.
It still seems quite big got South Africa though.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10723 on: July 20, 2012, 02:27:03 PM »

Runs on the board are big here, with a dry top that will get worse and quite helpful bowling conditions today

Make Eng good favourites.

A scenario where SA win? We are all out 375, they score 550 and bowl us out?

Pretty unlikely, hence the price

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #10724 on: July 20, 2012, 02:29:39 PM »

Runs on the board are big here, with a dry top that will get worse and quite helpful bowling conditions today

Make Eng good favourites.

A scenario where SA win? We are all out 375, they score 550 and bowl us out?

Pretty unlikely, hence the price

Why would they need us out, they wouldn't be expected to make 200 in 4th innings ?
Pages: 1 ... 711 712 713 714 [715] 716 717 718 719 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: