blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:57:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 3234 3235 3236 3237 [3238] 3239 3240 3241 3242 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13436984 times)
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #48555 on: August 16, 2013, 12:23:16 PM »

I am going to finals day tomorrow as well, sigh at the forecast.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #48556 on: August 16, 2013, 12:29:55 PM »

Solheim cup.

Top American.

Stacy Lewis is favourite. Good golfer terrible record. Tough first game. 1-3-0
Paula Creamer. Good golfer. Great record. 11-3-5
Cristie kerr. Not as good but good enough. Poorish Record. 11-12-3
Angela Stanford. Decent. Terrible record. 3-7-3
Morgan Pressel. Good golfer. Terrific record. 7-2-2

A few more also rans who in all probability won't be 5 match players.

Take out Stanford whose record is awful. Lewis could do anything. Kerr will hopefully only do ok if she splits from Creamer. Creamer is probably most likely to win this if our pick doesn't.

Pressel should get 5 games unless all players get a rest so she'll never be at a disadvantage. She does have an interesting 1st game v Matthew with both having a rookie to play with. However 9/1 each way 1/4 top 3 is a very good price in my mind. Creamer is 9/2 and there is no way Pressel is twice the price.

Pressel each way 9/1 top American.

Sandy

Logic behind the bet is good, but not so sure I would write Stacey Lewis so easily on the back of such a small sample size of Solheim Cup experience, IMO. GL

Sandy

Nice to see you take discussion well Henrik.......

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #48557 on: August 16, 2013, 12:37:35 PM »

71 - Jesus Navas created more chances from open play than any other player in La Liga in 2012/13. Cross.

just for a bit of good karma towards one of the season long bets

henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #48558 on: August 16, 2013, 12:40:21 PM »

Solheim cup.

Top American.

Stacy Lewis is favourite. Good golfer terrible record. Tough first game. 1-3-0
Paula Creamer. Good golfer. Great record. 11-3-5
Cristie kerr. Not as good but good enough. Poorish Record. 11-12-3
Angela Stanford. Decent. Terrible record. 3-7-3
Morgan Pressel. Good golfer. Terrific record. 7-2-2

A few more also rans who in all probability won't be 5 match players.

Take out Stanford whose record is awful. Lewis could do anything. Kerr will hopefully only do ok if she splits from Creamer. Creamer is probably most likely to win this if our pick doesn't.

Pressel should get 5 games unless all players get a rest so she'll never be at a disadvantage. She does have an interesting 1st game v Matthew with both having a rookie to play with. However 9/1 each way 1/4 top 3 is a very good price in my mind. Creamer is 9/2 and there is no way Pressel is twice the price.

Pressel each way 9/1 top American.

Sandy

Logic behind the bet is good, but not so sure I would write Stacey Lewis so easily on the back of such a small sample size of Solheim Cup experience, IMO. GL

Sandy

Nice to see you take discussion well Henrik.......
Just pointing out what it seemed you missed.

Sandy
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48559 on: August 16, 2013, 12:46:55 PM »

Just an explanation as to why the cricket quotes are too low

- In the T20 powerplay all bar two of the fielders have to be inside the 40m circle

- With a hard ball and pace on the ball, usually, if the hitters at the top of the order get through the inner ring it goes for 4. In part this is why some teams like to open with a spinner and get a cheap over in, with no pace on the ball

The fours prices particularly are too low for these guys, accepting that any batsman can get a good ball early but the chances are that more than two of these four do bat at least a few overs

- tactically the teams put big hitters early and leave a finisher to the end, putting their nudgers and nurdlers (McKenzie for Hants, Wilson for Surrey etc) in the middle order because after six overs the field only has to have 5 inside the 40m, so the incidence of fours falls and you see more singles and twos because boundary riders arepalced

If these four bat for six overs, all will score more than 2.5 fours

The sixes bets are trickier because you can't factor in the position of the pitch on the square, or whether the boundaries are large or small at this stage.

What you do have going for you is that all four are big hitters

Weather is an issue, but if it is the case that <20 overs games void the bets, I think I would go with this

If I had to choose a few from the field, I would say Carberry and Davies and/or Roy fours as the best bets

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48560 on: August 16, 2013, 12:50:24 PM »

71 - Jesus Navas created more chances from open play than any other player in La Liga in 2012/13. Cross.

I like the Navas bet, am on it myself and was pleased Fred got on before PP cut the price.

Think Fred should also get on Cazorla e/w at 20/1 with Boyles too.

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #48561 on: August 16, 2013, 12:56:42 PM »

I like the Navas bet, am on it myself and was pleased Fred got on before PP cut the price.

Think Fred should also get on Cazorla e/w at 20/1 with Boyles too.

Been enough gooner nonsense as it is, thank you.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #48562 on: August 16, 2013, 12:57:51 PM »

Just an explanation as to why the cricket quotes are too low

- In the T20 powerplay all bar two of the fielders have to be inside the 40m circle

- With a hard ball and pace on the ball, usually, if the hitters at the top of the order get through the inner ring it goes for 4. In part this is why some teams like to open with a spinner and get a cheap over in, with no pace on the ball

The fours prices particularly are too low for these guys, accepting that any batsman can get a good ball early but the chances are that more than two of these four do bat at least a few overs

- tactically the teams put big hitters early and leave a finisher to the end, putting their nudgers and nurdlers (McKenzie for Hants, Wilson for Surrey etc) in the middle order because after six overs the field only has to have 5 inside the 40m, so the incidence of fours falls and you see more singles and twos because boundary riders arepalced

If these four bat for six overs, all will score more than 2.5 fours

The sixes bets are trickier because you can't factor in the position of the pitch on the square, or whether the boundaries are large or small at this stage.What you do have going for you is that all four are big hitters

Weather is an issue, but if it is the case that <20 overs games void the bets, I think I would go with this

If I had to choose a few from the field, I would say Carberry and Davies and/or Roy fours as the best bets

Do let us know when you get there for the 7am pitch report  Smiley

Jealous of you and longy....enjoy guys!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48563 on: August 16, 2013, 12:58:03 PM »

horseplayer and I have been dicussing the England U19 Cricket today

Starts at 2pm at Derby, Live on SSA

Same pitch as last night's televised YB40 Derbys v Durham

It is a worn pitch with huge amounts of turn, and overhead conditions also favour seamers

Pakistan have been backed into 4/9 already because of the conditions suiting their spinners, partly because in the games in the series so far they are clearly the strongest team (its a tri-series with bangladesh)

No fifty in the match is generously priced on this old pitch

http://www.oddschecker.com/cricket/england-u19-v-pakistan-u19/odi-match/england-u19-v-pakistan-u19/fifty-in-match

9/2

horseplayer could you find any other market on o/c to play this very worn pitch?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
biggle57

View Profile
« Reply #48564 on: August 16, 2013, 01:01:05 PM »

Likely DRFC line up.

Ross Turnbull - Signed 1 day before the first league game.

Paul Quinn - On the fringes throughout last season, forced in to the first team due to injuries/players leaving.
Bongani Khumalo - Joined very late in pre season on loan from Spurs.
Rob Jones ©
James Husband  19 year old, very little first team experience, youth team player thrown in due to lack of options/injuries.

David Cotterill
Richie Wellens - Again signed a short term deal the day before the season started having being released by Leicester.
Dean Furman - Played on Tuesday night for SA at home v Nigeria. Will almost certainly have to start, no other options.
Mark Duffy - Unproven at this level, big step up having signed from Scunthorpe late on in pre season.

James Coppinger
Theo Robinson - Signed yesterday afternoon from Derby, in line to start tonight.

Bench - Not much !

---------

I think if this game was played 100,000 times, Blackburn would win more than 500,000 times. That makes 7/4 a really good price, right?

Reccy punter logic Smiley

Recommend some money on Blackburn to win @ Doncaster tonight @ 7/4 ! (365/totesport/berfred)  Cheesy

Wellens has been training with the squad all summer, Husband is extremely well regarded at the club. Quinn has made plenty of appearances in the SPL/Championship before so not sure about inexperienced. However, you got in early enough to beat the price. Wouldn't read much into the home record from last season either.

Didn't say Quinn was inexperienced :/

46 games over 3+ seasons at this level before being released by Cardiff isn't much though.

SPL yes, different league though. Wink

Wouldn't have been a starter until Spurr left & Mccoombe got injured the week before the season. More disruption.

Wellens pre season amounted to 45 minutes v Bradford in the final friendly 6 days before the season started.

Wont even be match fit today.

Needs must Sad

While some of your points are well reasoned, cant agree too much with a few of them: -

Firstly Turnbull - it was good to see a keeper with presence, and will be a big asset this season

Defence - Quinn would have played all season except for getting injured, and Husband made quite a few appearances and is a good player in the making

Midfield - Wellens was sheer class against Blackpool, cant see Furman starting after playing in SA and there are other options

Attack - No way will Brown not start

Although we lost against Blackpool, it was a harsh defeat after a decent performance. Will admit that goals will be a big problem for Donny, but expect it to be a decent game. Pressure is sure to be on Blackburn more than Donny after 1 point from 2 games, so in my opinion the bookies have this game priced about right

Time will tell
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #48565 on: August 16, 2013, 01:01:16 PM »

horseplayer and I have been discussing the England U19 Cricket today

Hard not to love this thread at the best of times, but that's definitely smile-worthy

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48566 on: August 16, 2013, 01:01:31 PM »

I have just done a Summary of our Long Term Football bets, I'll Post it shortly, will be an easy reference guide to who we want to do what. So easy to forget otherwise, & it'll help the sweats, & maybe help Tighty with his Reports, too. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #48567 on: August 16, 2013, 01:02:54 PM »

I think if we asked a hundred Fred followers, at least 500 would agree

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48568 on: August 16, 2013, 01:04:45 PM »

I think if we asked a hundred Fred followers, at least 500 would agree

7/4 shot then.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48569 on: August 16, 2013, 01:08:22 PM »

horseplayer and I have been dicussing the England U19 Cricket today

Starts at 2pm at Derby, Live on SSA

Same pitch as last night's televised YB40 Derbys v Durham

It is a worn pitch with huge amounts of turn, and overhead conditions also favour seamers

Pakistan have been backed into 4/9 already because of the conditions suiting their spinners, partly because in the games in the series so far they are clearly the strongest team (its a tri-series with bangladesh)

No fifty in the match is generously priced on this old pitch

http://www.oddschecker.com/cricket/england-u19-v-pakistan-u19/odi-match/england-u19-v-pakistan-u19/fifty-in-match

9/2

horseplayer could you find any other market on o/c to play this very worn pitch?

Sadly, we are restricted to £1.10, but we did it anyway.

Under 19 Cricket, Pakistan v England, NO Fifty to be scored, £1.10 @ 9/2, Bet365.

ON

No 

England U19 vs Pakistan U19 - One Day Match
A Fifty to be scored in the match

16/08/2013

9/2

To Run

Stake 1.11

To Return 6.10

Pages: 1 ... 3234 3235 3236 3237 [3238] 3239 3240 3241 3242 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: