blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 12:15:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 4754 4755 4756 4757 [4758] 4759 4760 4761 4762 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13402113 times)
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #71355 on: March 16, 2014, 01:26:23 PM »

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/mar/16/mitchell-johnson-misses-world-t20-injury?CMP=twt_gu

No idea if priced in yet but only just released hope it helps someone
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71356 on: March 16, 2014, 01:28:15 PM »

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/mar/16/mitchell-johnson-misses-world-t20-injury?CMP=twt_gu

No idea if priced in yet but only just released hope it helps someone

Must help given we haven't backed Australia and have bets on 3 others

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71357 on: March 16, 2014, 01:28:34 PM »

@ Tighty, & the T20 Bish Bash Bosh.

Wow, quite an effort you've made there, lovely Recommend, thank you, & it'll give us plenty of sweats, we hope. We already have 2 bets on, thanks to Mr Gherkin, of course.

Fair bit of putting on, clicking & clacking there, so it might take me a while, but I'll get started straight away. I'll take "best available" where necessary (the Satan one, for example) but I'll get what I can, & if the disparity is too marked, I'll swerve.

9 Bets in total, & some real mis-clickage opportunities. The Over-Under is 2.

On my way......

Tikay,

The one is a stand out price and I'll be in the shop shortly. Let me know what you would like.

Ooh, thanks Lisa - that was the only one I could not get on, 6/1 elsewhere was my best offer.

Can I have £20, please?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71358 on: March 16, 2014, 01:30:22 PM »

Mr T I have checked the sites of the other bookies and I don't think they will price it up now. Take the 53.5 but go for a nittier £18.

Gotcha, we are on.

£18 @ 5/6, Ladbrokes, OVER 53.5 points.

BET PLACED

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71359 on: March 16, 2014, 01:31:09 PM »

Hate when I am in the opposite side of the coin from the pros on here who's opinions I value but I thought Liverpool were too big at 2/1.  

This Man U team is average at best, still plays with a lack of confidence and the market is priced up on past victories over Liverpool.  

I think the key to this game will be middle to front and back to middle and Liverpool win this match bet for me all day long.  I expect Gerrard, Allen and Henderson to bully United in the middle.  The one weak link for me in the Liverpool side is Johnson playing left back.  He''s far better on the right.  

Going forward I think leaving Coutinho out (who is a class act) will benefit Liverpool.  He's some times too ponderous and not direct enough imo.  Think the English game is a bit fast for him.  

Lets just agree we dont want a draw!!!!

Ha nut worse result.  

Another bet I like in this game is Evra to be carded at just over 7/2 on betfair.  I think he will be up against it today and he  is a player Liverpool will try and expose and with the way Suarez and Sturridge drop off wide often as well he wil be up against it, I also find him quite a petulent player.  I don't have any stats to back this up but I have  a memory of him picking up silly booking in big games and in particular against the likes of Liverpool/Chelsea and Arsenal.  

Thoughts?  Might be worth a score.  

Thoughts, anyone?

Starts in 15 minutes.

I've no idea if 7/2 reps value.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71360 on: March 16, 2014, 01:34:35 PM »

he might get booked but the stats are not supportive

this season

correction

6 in 41 appearances

2 of those for france

2 in the champions league

no bookings against top six teams in the league

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=33416
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 01:36:46 PM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #71361 on: March 16, 2014, 01:35:35 PM »

the 7/2 on bf has been taken so i think u would struggle to get 7/2 anyway.  After commission i wouldn't suggest it is any great value to justify a bet
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71362 on: March 16, 2014, 01:36:32 PM »

LOVED that T20 round-up Tighty, thanks, & we are all loaded up, almost exactly as suggested.

Aaron Finch £20 11/4 top Australian batsman William Hill EXACTLY AS RECOMMEND
Brad Hodge £5 14/1 top Australian batsman Sportingbet EXACTLY AS RECOMMEND
Jos Buttler £10 12/1 Top England bat Sportingbet EXACTLY AS RECOMMEND
Ravi Bopara £10 16/1 Top England bat Sportingbet EXACTLY AS RECOMMEND
ABdeVilliers £20 Top South African batsman 9/2 Sportingbet EXACTLY AS RECOMMEND
Kevin O'Brien £30 Top Ireland batsman 7/1 Ladbrokes EXACTLY AS RECOMMEND
Lendl Smmons £20 8/1 Stan James Top WI Bat _Lisa trying to assist, await confirmation
Samuel Badree £20 9/2 BetVictor Top WI Bowler EXACTLY AS RECOMMEND
Samuel Badree £5 40-1 Bet Victor Top T20 World Cup Bowler Could only get 33/1, but took it.

Mis-click Count was 2. (Lendl Simmons Top OUTRIGHT T20 Bat £10 @ 100/1, & same player, £10 @ 50/1. Taken off-thread. Could be a monsta sweat).

8 BETS PLACED, ONE MORE AWAITS CONFIRMATION  

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71363 on: March 16, 2014, 01:42:07 PM »

The T20 World Cup Qualifying Rounds have begun today in Bangladesh

Afghanistan are playing the hosts

The key point here is the pitch is slow, low and there was spin from the first ball. This is the pitch England play on in the first game against New Zealand next Saturday. markets haven't formed yet but it is EXACTLY the sort of pitch that does not suit us and we do not have the slow bowling to be competitive in the playing conditions in this world Cup. I will be looking to oppose in that first game if we can get Evens+ NZ

We have positions on NZ, Pak and SL to win, and I don't propose adding more (though I really like WI at 8/1)

The sub-markets are mouth-watering though, and would like to propose a portfolio of positions for "value", trying to oppose well known favourites in many cases which will be over-bet by the armchair supporter and priced up by the odds-setter..

what are we looking for?

- Batsmen who can clear the ropes, and score independently of relying on a quick pitch (we aren't going to see them) or pace on the ball (teams are not going to offer it, much)
- Slow bowlers who are under-exposed in markets, and preferably spin it a lot
- Assuming where they can teams will open with wrist spin, and early wickets against openers not used to facing it are a theme, is there any value lower down the order?
- teams that are not in their usual conditions, and therefore more inefficiently priced. Therefore not India/Pak/SL. 

In no particular order   

- Australia

No bowling bet, their weakness is the absence of convincing spin
They do have the best batting line up in the competition though for T20. Warner, Finch, White, Bailey, Maxwell, Hodge has serious poke
This is why they are 3/1 favourites for the tournament. This is priced in though, no value in a randomising format
the batting market has Warner 2/1, Finch 11/4 (William Hill). Warner is no value, Finch better value. Essentially the same player at nearly 1.5 x the price
The inefficient price might be Brad Hodge 14-1 Sportingbet, a big hitting finisher.

Recommendations

Aaron Finch £20 top Australian batsman Wlliam Hill
Brad Hodge £5 top Australian batsman Sportingbet

England

Same as in West Indies, in theory
No convincing spin options on slow pitches
Early batsmen can't play spin
This puts 5,6,7 in for more overs than the prices suggest
I think they are unlikely to get through the group
BUT the group only has Sri Lanka of the Asian teams, NZ and SA are far more reasonable opponents in unusual conditions

Sportingbet offer us 12/1 Buttler and 16/1 Bopara Both are bets, £10 each

Ireland

The Ireland top 5 have 3 accumulators (Porterfield, Joyce, Wilson) and two biffers (Stirling and kevin o'brien). We can get Kevin O'Brien, a proper destructive batsman who wins games at twice the price we can Stirling. A must bet, especially as the later order guys often get a lot of overs to bat (early wickets)

8/1 Stan James is a bet if you can get it, 7/1 Ladbrokes if you have to: Kevin O'Brien Top Ireland batsman

http://www.oddschecker.com/cricket/t20-world-cup/ireland/top-batsman

South Africa

The batsman market for this is interested because the brilliant Amla is priced at 5/2 favourite, yet it is my contention that by often scoring at less than a run a ball in T20 opening he loses games for SA as often as wins them.
This pushes out AB DeVilliers probably a top 5 batsman in the whole tournnament in this format out to 9/2 with Sportingbet, Faf Du Plessis, batting in the top 4 and captain, out to 6/1 with Betfred and the destructive finisher David Miller out to 17/2. I think the winner is one of these three, the lowest variance choice is 

Recommendation ABdeV £20 Top South frican batsman 9/2 Sportingbet

West Indies

I said a couple of days ago I think they are a real threat in this
All sorts of big hitters, two top quality wrist spinners, great fielders.
Their achilles heel? game craft, brains

Anyway the bookies aren't going to take any chances with Chris Gayle, 2/1 top batsman. that however gives us the powerful Lendl Smmons, batting 4 or 5 at 8-1 with Stan James. A best of 5/1 elsewhere this is one of the bets of the tournament. Someone get on for tikay

Click to see full-size image.

Recommendation Lendl Smmons 8/1 Stan James Top WI Bat

The bowling market is also wrong. Narine is well known by odds-setters and installed at 13/8 but the batsmen know him too. The one with more mystery, who the Eglish found very tough to play and is far less exposed is Badree at 9/2 betvictor. Will play everygame, might open the bowling, genuine value in a virtual match with Narine

Recommendation Samuel Badree 9/2 BetVictor Top WI Bowler

Because I think the WI could go a long way in this, there is also another key inefficiency in the market

http://www.oddschecker.com/cricket/t20-world-cup/twenty20-world-cup/top-bowler 

Narine is priced at 6/1 favourite!

Badree, who as you can tell I rate in these conditions, is out at 40-1. Essentially the same bowler, one more experienced than the other

http://www.oddschecker.com/cricket/t20-world-cup/twenty20-world-cup/top-bowler

Recommendation £5 Samuel Badree 40-1 Bet Victor Top T20 World Cup Bowler

Summary

Aaron Finch £20 11/4 top Australian batsman William Hill
Brad Hodge £5 14/1 top Australian batsman Sportingbet
Jos Buttler £10 12/1 Top England bat Sportingbet
Ravi Bopara £10 16/1 Top England bat Sportingbet
ABdeVilliers £20 Top South African batsman 9/2 Sportingbet
Kevin O'Brien £30 Top Ireland batsman 7/1 Ladbrokes
Lendl Smmons £20 8/1 Stan James Top WI Bat
Samuel Badree £20 9/2 BetVictor Top WI Bowler
Samuel Badree £5 40-1 Bet Victor Top T20 World Cup Bowler

thats £140. if too much my three naps for value are:

Badree at 9/2, Kevin O'Brien at 7/1, Finch 11/4 which as recommended would cost £70

That is a cracking piece of work, Tighty, well done. As the T20 progresses, I'll keep looking back at it.

I particularly enjoyed.....

accumulators & biffers

Achilles heel - brains

pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #71364 on: March 16, 2014, 01:48:58 PM »

Riccardo excluded :-)

Move Button up, Move Bottas up

McLaren lead the constructors with 27 to Mercedes 25, Red Bull 0

Ladbrokes will offer you 9/1 1/3 the odds top 2 if you fancy their reliability will play all season and Red Bull might not sort the issues  that fast....

So the +25 seconds is a winner ?
Had it settled as a loser before the official race results we're confirmed.

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #71365 on: March 16, 2014, 01:50:06 PM »

Ladbrokes 10/1 Spain for world cup until first goal in the Man utd match

Worth taking the max of £10 if you can Tikay

15/2 on betfair best price for reference
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71366 on: March 16, 2014, 01:53:03 PM »

Hills are 33/1 Tiger Roll for the champion hurdle 2015.  Absolutely sure that is a good use of a free bet.  Horse very inexperienced and won that well.  Can somebody kick Tikay fast.

Bump for Tikay. 

Done, details to follow.

Could details follow please?

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71367 on: March 16, 2014, 01:53:12 PM »

Ladbrokes 10/1 Spain for world cup until first goal in the Man utd match

Worth taking the max of £10 if you can Tikay

15/2 on betfair best price for reference

Thanks John, but they maxed me @ £1, so I left it.

£1!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71368 on: March 16, 2014, 01:54:59 PM »

Hills are 33/1 Tiger Roll for the champion hurdle 2015.  Absolutely sure that is a good use of a free bet.  Horse very inexperienced and won that well.  Can somebody kick Tikay fast.

Bump for Tikay. 

Done, details to follow.

Could details follow please?

Yup, this was a £25 FREE BET

14 Mar 14 / 14:10  Single 1   10th Mar 2015 - 2015 Champion Hurdle  –  Outright Tiger Roll @ 33/1 – £25.00 O/0457483/0000883/F

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71369 on: March 16, 2014, 01:58:30 PM »

Riccardo excluded :-)

Move Button up, Move Bottas up

McLaren lead the constructors with 27 to Mercedes 25, Red Bull 0

Ladbrokes will offer you 9/1 1/3 the odds top 2 if you fancy their reliability will play all season and Red Bull might not sort the issues  that fast....

So the +25 seconds is a winner ?
Had it settled as a loser before the official race results we're confirmed.

Wow, that's a good point.

I placed that bet, £25 @ 11/1, but I don't think it was confirmed for Fred.

I'll have a look through the thread, but I have a bad feeling it was not confirmed. Ugh, it was so busy with Cheltenham & stuff.  

BWin currently have settled it as a loser, see below.

Type of bet
Bet slip ID
Date
Total stake
Win
Single bet
1TC7CXPZXZ
3/11/2014 4:25 PM
25.00 GBP
 -  
3/16/2014 7:00:00 AM LOST   GP Australia GP Australia - Race specials Race - winning margin  25 sec. or more 21 - 24.999 sec.  12.00

Pages: 1 ... 4754 4755 4756 4757 [4758] 4759 4760 4761 4762 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: