blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 07:36:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272627 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 5640 5641 5642 5643 [5644] 5645 5646 5647 5648 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13448723 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84645 on: August 04, 2014, 06:44:00 PM »

I've just had 2 bets on Saturday football.

Brighton to beat Wednesday (my team) at 10/11.

Brighton still a top 8 club in Championship for me against Wednesday who are still waiting for FL to ratify a takeover. As a result, minimal cash spent so far. Loovens and Lees in at centre half, Hutchinson in midfield and that's about it. Woefully short upfront and Lavery (talented young lad out for 8-12 weeks).

Brighton are 8/11 shots to me. Recommend £20 at 10/11.

I've also backed Middlesboro at 10/11 against Birmingham. My knowledge is not as strong on these but its common knowledge Birmingham are struggling financially.

I priced Middlesboro at 8/11 as well. Recommend £20 at 10/11 again.

I'd welcome Tighty/other views.

no particular views other  i think i have seen several comments/reports from football nerds who have seen brighton pre-season that they are a shadow of last year's side. one of our very keen brighton fans is quite bearish for this season too, but as you say wednesday haven't been transformed yet.

in general i think we discuss each year going easy on match results in the first month of the football season until form settles down, which sems logical/intuitive without my having anything substantive to back it up, but am happy to do both if there are few dissenting voices to the contrary

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #84646 on: August 04, 2014, 06:46:42 PM »

Any love for a coincidence bet for your USPGA portfolio.

How about Stenson to win at Valhalla? He's 30/1 with unfairSB.

A cheeky £10 EW 123456.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #84647 on: August 04, 2014, 06:47:55 PM »

I've just had 2 bets on Saturday football.

Brighton to beat Wednesday (my team) at 10/11.

Brighton still a top 8 club in Championship for me against Wednesday who are still waiting for FL to ratify a takeover. As a result, minimal cash spent so far. Loovens and Lees in at centre half, Hutchinson in midfield and that's about it. Woefully short upfront and Lavery (talented young lad out for 8-12 weeks).

Brighton are 8/11 shots to me. Recommend £20 at 10/11.

I've also backed Middlesboro at 10/11 against Birmingham. My knowledge is not as strong on these but its common knowledge Birmingham are struggling financially.

I priced Middlesboro at 8/11 as well. Recommend £20 at 10/11 again.

I'd welcome Tighty/other views.

no particular views other  i think i have seen several comments/reports from football nerds who have seen brighton pre-season that they are a shadow of last year's side. one of our very keen brighton fans is quite bearish for this season too, but as you say wednesday haven't been transformed yet.

in general i think we discuss each year going easy on match results in the first month of the football season until form settles down, which sems logical/intuitive without my having anything substantive to back it up, but am happy to do both if there are few dissenting voices to the contrary

I understand the caution, first game of season etc.

I've heard the comments about Brighton, still think they will be too strong at home.

Happy with whatever decided.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84648 on: August 04, 2014, 06:49:45 PM »

A cheeky £10 EW 123456.

what is the coincidence?

we don't mind using BFSB this time, knowing that if we do we can't lay anything on the exchange without losing the six places?

(question to all before i rush on and am told not to use BFSB for the USPGA )

My eyes are open wide
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #84649 on: August 04, 2014, 07:01:41 PM »

A cheeky £10 EW 123456.

what is the coincidence?

we don't mind using BFSB this time, knowing that if we do we can't lay anything on the exchange without losing the six places?

Stenson/Viking/Valhalla 

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #84650 on: August 04, 2014, 07:05:24 PM »

I've seen Brighton twice this pre-season. I'm a Brentford fan who was given free tickets so have no bias. They won't finish top half unless they sign at least another striker and two attack-minded midfielders. Very, very poor. I'd say they'd be more like 6/5 shots than 10/11 shots. I'd much rather back Wednesday at the prices. If Wednesday are woeful upfront too, then u2.5 would be the bet at 31/40 with BV but it's in the price already i think.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #84651 on: August 04, 2014, 07:05:59 PM »

A cheeky £10 EW 123456.

what is the coincidence?

Stenson/Viking/Valhalla 

There are people here getting it in the neck for not capitalising on best BF place odds and you want to back someone because they are a Viking at the place where Vikings go when they die.  

Brilliant. Got to be done! Winner!!!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84652 on: August 04, 2014, 07:07:27 PM »

Stenson is Swedish

Valhalla is Norse mythology (from Old Norse Valhöll "hall of the slain"). It's a majestic, enormous hall located in Asgard, ruled over by the god Odin. (thank you google)

Hence i didn't get the connection, though that is of course rather strict of me as you could say Norse is a mythology applying to all of Scandinavia

My eyes are open wide
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #84653 on: August 04, 2014, 07:08:02 PM »

What is the rush with the golf bets?  If a good player is particularly out of line with a book fair enough.  But surely we can wait till tomorrow for a) offers and b) some idea of conditions.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #84654 on: August 04, 2014, 07:08:49 PM »

Is Thorbjørn Olsen in?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84655 on: August 04, 2014, 07:09:48 PM »

What is the rush with the golf bets?  If a good player is particularly out of line with a book fair enough.  But surely we can wait till tomorrow for a) offers and b) some idea of conditions.

we've done one, for less than suggested stakes entirely to leave most of the firepower for later in the week

no rush displayed at all

My eyes are open wide
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #84656 on: August 04, 2014, 07:12:04 PM »

Is Thorbjørn Olsen in?

Thin fancy keyboard brag.

PS He's had a terrible year.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 07:15:13 PM by Karabiner » Logged

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #84657 on: August 04, 2014, 07:23:02 PM »

Is Thorbjørn Olsen in?

Thin fancy keyboard brag.

PS He's had a terrible year.

Wait! We throwing in form as a selection tool now, rather than just names?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84658 on: August 05, 2014, 07:11:52 AM »

Outright - US PGA Championship
Tournament Outright
£25 e/w
EW 1/4 1,2,3,4,5,6    Rose, Justin    18/1    
Total stake   £ 50.00
Estimated return   £ 612.50
Full stake   £ 50.00
Full estimated return   £ 612.50

betfred

that's £29.50 e/w

lets keep some powder dry for nearer the time. another £500 book might be right, might not be

Entirely up to you Rich.

Don't think we should feel obliged to bet big again, "Open style", but if there is value to be had, lets get on.

When?

I don't think many of the prices are volatile, most of them won't move too much, so we don't have to rush, unless something looks OOL.

The Bookies "Offers" will all be available by Wednesday morning, & I think we should be loading up, or not, Wednesday afternoon for ouir main book, & maybe adding a few late additions on Thursday morning.

I thought the blend we had for The Open was near ideal - a mixture of Maths, & golf knowledge, plus, as was shown to be absolutely key, Phil's detailed weather reports. You made the final selections using all three, using the weather as the key.

Remember, in The Open, weather bias made a monster difference.

EDIT - Not sure if weather affects this course much, on reflection. Ignore me......

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #84659 on: August 05, 2014, 07:32:56 AM »

Not having as many places should logically affect how much Fred is prepared to risk on this market, though.

Not as fun when you don't get eighth.

Pages: 1 ... 5640 5641 5642 5643 [5644] 5645 5646 5647 5648 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: