blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 10:26:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 5719 5720 5721 5722 [5723] 5724 5725 5726 5727 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13403060 times)
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #85830 on: August 25, 2014, 08:21:25 PM »

Sorry to ask something I should know but...what's the best way to take advantage of the b365 offer? Don't have any partic feeling about the game tbh but should have a bet on it wi the offer

Chuck 50 on whatever you think the result will be, and then find something at a good price to punt in running with your freebie.

I'm probably going to back the draw, and then no goalscorer, or 1-1 in running.
K, backed city then will hoy a bullseye on 3-0 or something. Or forget probs

I've backed total goals over 0.5 at 1/33 (win £1.52) in play im backing 0-0 at 14-1. So im either winning £1.52 or £700 and could even it out on BF, am i missing something?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #85831 on: August 25, 2014, 08:22:41 PM »

Sorry to ask something I should know but...what's the best way to take advantage of the b365 offer? Don't have any partic feeling about the game tbh but should have a bet on it wi the offer

Chuck 50 on whatever you think the result will be, and then find something at a good price to punt in running with your freebie.

I've backed total goals over 0.5 at 1/33 (win £1.52) in play im backing 0-0 at 14-1. So im either winning £1.52 or £700 and could even it out on BF, am i missing something?

Back no goalscorer, or choke on your own vomit if there is an own goal...

Omm

View Profile
« Reply #85832 on: August 25, 2014, 08:26:11 PM »

Back no goalscorer, or choke on your own vomit if there is an own goal...

thanks
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #85833 on: August 25, 2014, 08:29:14 PM »

No probs, but I won't wish you luck Cheesy

I've done 1-1 pre, and 2-2 in running.

Chucked a tenner on 'no g/s' as a hedge.

Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #85834 on: August 25, 2014, 09:52:06 PM »

Sweat time!
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #85835 on: August 25, 2014, 10:58:54 PM »

raonic has 4 aces in his first 8 points
cant remember who put it up
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #85836 on: August 25, 2014, 11:40:40 PM »

Sweat time!
That's my punting life summed up. Close to copping the lot. Was coin flip whether I went 3-0 or 3-1 too. Siiiigh
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #85837 on: August 26, 2014, 08:40:44 AM »

Sweat time!
That's my punting life summed up. Close to copping the lot. Was coin flip whether I went 3-0 or 3-1 too. Siiiigh

ul son.  Wouldn't mind your 66/1 cavs tickets!! Chin up
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #85838 on: August 26, 2014, 09:38:27 AM »

Click to see full-size image.
simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #85839 on: August 26, 2014, 09:40:56 AM »

3.25 Epsom Links Drive Lady  13/2 B365 (4/1 offer race)  I thought her second to Forest Edge last time out, who has since gone on to score again in a better race, reads pretty well in this admittedly trappy race.  Obviously will love conditions.

looks like price might be going so will have to be quick but I can get say £20 on for Fred with B356 and pass on the value of the 4/1 offer should she oblige.

edit: fav at time of writing now non-runner, so wouldnt take much to go off sub 4-1 reducing value from offer - maybe leave it
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 09:44:33 AM by simonnatur » Logged

Reluctant to race, came home in own time
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #85840 on: August 26, 2014, 09:56:34 AM »

Daily Report

Loss on Month £680.95

Outstanding Bets £3904.63

Free bets to use: One, £25, William Hill by 28th

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aia1Hxq-NDNWdFk3UmlTSXMzTjRBTVNfOWRndVFsZHc&usp=drive_web#gid=28

No bets completed or placed yesterday

In our non-league football season positions, it was a long day for Guernsey FC. You can follow them on twitter, and if you had done so yesterday you would have seen the trials and tribulations of East Grinstead FC who were due to fly across from Gatwick to Aurigny yesterday morning. A flight was cancelled, another delayed and the kick off kept being put off. Eventually they got a flight, arrived, kicked off and Guernsey took the lead within a minute. However, despite their less than ideal preparation East Grinstead ran out 4-2 winners. In shock news one of their players left his tracksuit bottoms behind, and tweeted Guernsey FC to ask if they would bring them back across for the return fixture in January.

Quite why i was spending my bank holiday following the misfortunes of a team in Ryman one south, well i blame Mark Porter

In better news relegation bet Dover Non-Athletic lost 6-1 and are 18th of 24 after 5 games

Elsewhere in football, Balotelli signed for Liverpool. Presumably to play left back. His pivot point for goals this season is +/- 12.5, having scored 20 in his last season in this country. Bet365 now make him odds on to get a red card this season

Along the M62, there must be an Angel playing with their heart as today Di Maria will become the 5th most expensive football signing

In tennis, 40-1 shot Raonic won in straight sets the first round in Queens. Impressively he did so whilst dressed as a stabilo boss.

Also across the pond, the Orioles returned to fom, beating the Rays 9-1 and they remain 6 games clear at the top of the AL East. In one of the more obscure statistics you will see the back to back to back homers in the 3rd and back to back homers in the 5th were the first time the franchise has had a back to back to back and a back to back home run in the same match since it moved to Baltimore in 1954.

unfortunately in their make-up game the Yankees beat the Royals 8-1, and the Royals are now only 1.5 games ahead in the AL Central

in the next series, the Royals host the Twins, and the Yankees play the Tigers. Glass half full job that, as for various bets we want both the Yankees and tigers to lose

no joy at bristol yesterday, onto no doubt sunny Cardiff tomorrow

« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 09:58:35 AM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #85841 on: August 26, 2014, 10:05:17 AM »

3.25 Epsom Links Drive Lady  13/2 B365 (4/1 offer race)  I thought her second to Forest Edge last time out, who has since gone on to score again in a better race, reads pretty well in this admittedly trappy race.  Obviously will love conditions.

looks like price might be going so will have to be quick but I can get say £20 on for Fred with B356 and pass on the value of the 4/1 offer should she oblige.

edit: fav at time of writing now non-runner, so wouldnt take much to go off sub 4-1 reducing value from offer - maybe leave it

Going to need big flippers at Epsom today

Card full of N/Rs
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #85842 on: August 26, 2014, 10:06:59 AM »

Vuelta 2014: Stage 4
« Sent to: TightEnd on: Today at 05:29:32 AM »

morning, Tighty

I can't see myself posting many tips during this year's Vuelta d'Espana. Apart from the fact that Stages 2 and 3 were both won by the favourites, the mountain stages could all be decided by a pool of four riders (Froome, Rodriguez, Contador and Quintana), unless there is a successful breakaway or two. Also, there shouldn't be any surprises in the time trials, and the bookies are being unbelievably stingy with their team/points/top 10 prices. So this might be my only Vuelta post this year. Enjoy:

http://www.oddschecker.com/cycling/vuelta-a-espana/vuelta-espana-stage-4/winner

Today is Stage 4 of the Vuelta from Mairena del Alcor to Cordoba. The profile looks like this:

The general consensus is that the stage will be won by a sprinter with good climbing legs (eg. Michael Matthews, John Degenkolb, Oscar Gatto). I will be taking a contrarian point of view, insisting instead that the sprint teams will be dropped on the final ramp of the Alto del Catorce, by attacking GC contenders who are strong at descending/sprinting and require the bonus seconds on offer due to their lack of TTing skills as compared to the likes of Froome and Quintana (eg. Cadel Evans, Daniel Martin, Joaquim Rodriguez). All these riders impressed in yesterday's stage, and should be looking to contend for the win yet again. Oh ... and I'll be throwing God himself, Tony Martin, into the mix as well.

The Vuelta has had a reasonably recent stage finish in Cordoba ... in 2011.

The top 20 went something like this (with 2014 participants in bold):
1  SAGAN, Peter              Liquigas Cannondale     4hrs 38' 22''
2  LASTRAS, Pablo           Movistar                           "
3  AGNOLI, Valerio           Liquigas Cannondale           "
4  NIBALI, Vincenzo          Liquigas Cannondale          "
5  CAPECCHI, Eros            Liquigas Cannondale        + 3''
6  FUGLSANG, Jakob         Leopard Trek                 + 17''
7  RODRIGUEZ, Joaquin     Katusha                        + 17''
8  BRUSEGHIN, Marzio       Movistar                        + 17''
9  MONCOUTIE, David       Cofidis                          + 17''
10 CHAVANEL, Sylvain       Quick Step                   + 17''
11 MARTIN, Tony             HTC-Highroad                + 17''
12 NIEVE, Mikel                Euskaltel-Euskadi            + 17''
13 COBO, Juan José          Geox-TMC                     + 17''
14 SEELDRAYERS, Kevin     Quick Step                   + 17''
15 SCARPONI, Michele        Lampre-ISD                  + 17''
16 BENNATI, Daniele          Leopard Trek               + 23''
17 GAVAZZI, Francesco       Lampre-ISD                 + 23''
18 GASPAROTTO, Enrico     Astana                       + 23''
19 MONDORY, Lloyd           AG2R                         + 23''
20 POELS, Wout                VCD                      +23"

Not many sprinters in that line-up. Apparently, a contributing factor was the heat that day, and with the mercury reaching the mid-30s tomorrow, I suspect we could be in for more of the same. Basically, what happened three years ago, was that Moncoutie attacked on the Alto del Catorce, being the first over the summit. Tony Martin was next over, and these two were joined on the descent by Seeldrayers and David de la Fuente. Lastras went off alone in pursuit, but was ultimately followed by a quartet from Cannondale (including Nibali and Sagan) who went on to catch the breakaway, with Sagan easily winning the sprint finish.

What strikes me as interesting about this stage, apart from the lack of sprinters, is Tony Martin's ambition to drop the sprinter's teams on the final 1km of the Alto del Catorce which has a gradient of 14% (hence Catorce). It should not be all that surprising, as Martin has a tendency to stretch his legs the week before the ITT of a grand tour as shown by the following results:
2014:   TdF           Stage 9   Gerardmer - Mulhouse              1st

[/img]

TdF           Stage 20   Bergerac - Perigueux (ITT)           1st
2013:   Vuelta   Stage 6   Guijuelo - Caceras               7th
           Vuelta   Stage 11   Tarazona - Tarazona (ITT)           2nd
2012:   Vuelta   Stage 4   Barakaldo - Est. de Valdezcaray   2nd
           Vuelta   Stage 11   Cambados - Pontevedra (ITT)   11th
2011:   TdF           Stage 16   Saint-Paul-Trois-Chateaux - Gap   4th

TdF           Stage 20   Grenoble - Grenoble (ITT)      1st
           Vuelta   Stage 6   Ubeda - Cordoba                     11th
           Vuelta   Stage 10   Salamanca - Salamanca (ITT)        1st

He also seems to favour stages that have a selective profile immediately before a fast descent, meaning that he can jump the peloton, before putting down the hammer. This year, the first ITT comes on Stage 10. If Martin wants to test himself before next Tuesday, today might be the last stage for him to do so (Stage 5 - similar profile, but not big enough selection, 6 - summit finish, 7 - lumpy last 40km ... maybe, 8 - pancake flat, 9 - summit finish). Add to this his familiarity with the finish in Cordoba, the similarity in profile to Stage 9 of last month's TdF, his incredible form at the moment, the impending World Championships ITT (in Spain) and I think Tony Martin is considerable value for the stage win @ 125/1.

So, in conclusion, my recommended portfolio looks something like this. I'd choose to keep the stakes quite small, in case my theory turns out to be a load of crap. All these prices are available at shouty-red-man.com:
£2.50 e/w Tony Martin @ 125/1
£2.50 e/w Cadel Evans @ 125/1
£2.50 e/w Joaquim Rodriguez @ 150/1
£2.50 e/w Daniel Martin @ 200/1
£2.50 e/w Wilko Kelderman @ 200/1

Cheers, cheapwetsuit

125/1
Tony Martin
Stage 4 Mairena del Alcor-Cordoba
Singles - Stage Winner - Each Way
2 lines @ £2.50 per line
Total Stake £5.00
Potential Return £395.62
Receipt No: O/142640973/0000716
200/1
Wilco Kelderman
2 lines @ £2.50 per line
Total Stake £5.00
Potential Return £630.00
Receipt No: O/142640973/0000717
125/1
Cadel Evans
2 lines @ £2.50 per line
Total Stake £5.00
Potential Return £395.62
Receipt No: O/142640973/0000718
150/1
Joaquim Rodriguez
2 lines @ £2.50 per line
Total Stake £5.00
Potential Return £473.75
Receipt No: O/142640973/0000719
200/1
Daniel Martin
2 lines @ £2.50 per line
Total Stake £5.00
Potential Return £630.00
Receipt No: O/1426

My eyes are open wide
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #85843 on: August 26, 2014, 10:17:37 AM »

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/scottish-independence/yes-vote-percentage

Really think there are some ricks in this market.  40-45% and 45-50% coupled are around the even money mark coupled.  Given the Yes vote (>50% of the votes) is an 11/2 shot in the outright market.  In this market the 50-55% and >55% coupled come to roughly 9/4 therefore i am looking at the other bands for potential value and find it hard to believe this vote won't be close even though No is a big fav.

I think 40-45% and 45-50% coupled just under even money must be close to a max bet.  Surely it's very hard for this vote to fall much below 40%.  Thoughts welcome from the political judges out there.  If i was to pick one of the bands alone i think 45-50% at 7/2 at ladbrokes is the stand out value.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 10:28:38 AM by arbboy » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #85844 on: August 26, 2014, 10:23:12 AM »

3.25 Epsom Links Drive Lady  13/2 B365 (4/1 offer race)  I thought her second to Forest Edge last time out, who has since gone on to score again in a better race, reads pretty well in this admittedly trappy race.  Obviously will love conditions.

Going to need big flippers at Epsom today

Card full of N/Rs

so simon you need to let me know if you want this placing or not

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 5719 5720 5721 5722 [5723] 5724 5725 5726 5727 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: