blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:43:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272538 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 6031 6032 6033 6034 [6035] 6036 6037 6038 6039 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13411058 times)
swinebag22

View Profile
« Reply #90510 on: November 11, 2014, 11:41:41 PM »

didn't realise the Jacobsen bet was made 120 players out.

I saw this mentioned on the thread a few weeks ago and saw that he was the same price so had an EW punt, so already in the green.

Unfortunately it is with the firm where collecting my cash is a bigger sweat than actually winning the bet.
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #90511 on: November 11, 2014, 11:52:49 PM »

Jacobsen was 3 tables out. 120 players out would have been one of the worst bets in history at 8/1
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #90512 on: November 11, 2014, 11:56:39 PM »

Jacobsen was 3 tables out. 120 players out would have been one of the worst bets in history at 8/1

I was thinking this, surely it was not 120 out!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #90513 on: November 12, 2014, 04:50:13 AM »

Makes wayyyy more sense. Top greening out work btw.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #90514 on: November 12, 2014, 06:43:57 AM »

Congratulations chaps!!!

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #90515 on: November 12, 2014, 06:47:40 AM »

Sails in! Dubais 9/1 pocket pair winning hand comes in too.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #90516 on: November 12, 2014, 06:56:06 AM »

Was thinking of you Dubai! Grats

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #90517 on: November 12, 2014, 06:57:13 AM »

Sails in! Dubais 9/1 pocket pair winning hand comes in too.

Missed that one, too... gutted Cheesy

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #90518 on: November 12, 2014, 08:39:24 AM »

Scandinavian success only went so far...

Carlsen lost yesterday after falling into a trap set by Anand. Back to level pegging, with nine games remaining. Round four is today and our man has the White pieces. Details are on Chess Thread (in the Lounge section, for those quite reasonably expecting to see it in the Betting and Sports Discussion area) and I'll leave the rest to the daily report.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #90519 on: November 12, 2014, 09:24:05 AM »

Daily Report

Profit on Month £469.28

Outstanding Bets £3832.26

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aia1Hxq-NDNWdFk3UmlTSXMzTjRBTVNfOWRndVFsZHc&usp=drive_web#gid=32

A profit of £720 yesterday thanks to

Click to see full-size image.

From what i saw Martin played flawlessly. He had 6m of the 190m in play at 400-800k, played the short-stack then by the end was playing the big stack brilliantly. Tributes were effusive to his play

Here is the final hand http://es.pn/1u9JTjA and interview http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11862965

One of the thread's biggest ever wins, thanks to Neil and coincidentally it took Miscellaneous (poker, reality, dancing, esports, odds and sodds) to the second winningmost category in thread history, behind football

ongoing bets

Carlsen had a bad day yesterday

I was going to write it up, but couldn't beat the effort of our chess and sequin correspondent which i reproduce

"Eighteen months ago, people were chattering about how Anand v Carlsen was a poor match up and the sooner we got to see Carlsen play 12 games against Aronian the better. Aronian's fiery, complicated style is a perfect foil for Carlsen's quiet, suffocating grind.

Today, we got a glimpse of what that match would look like.

Anand, we all knew, had to work hard on opening preparation, because he would have to find ways of keeping positions unclear in the middlegame. There is no better exponent of that in chess today than the Armenian and Anand picked up on a game Aronian had played against England's Michael Adams in last year's Grand Slam Final in Bilbao. It had everything he wanted in being wild and impossible to calculate completely over the board. What's more, he found an improvement on the twentieth move and had it ready to go for today.

Football fans will know Tony Pulis is a brilliant manager for set pieces. His Stoke City team would score corners and the pundits would be salivating at the chance to pore over the replays in super slow motion to see what happened. The left back would start by backing into his marker. Then the centre half would run forwards and cut left towards the goal, as the corner was taken. Just as the ball approached, the striker would run in and use the space left behind the centre half and the left back to hammer it home, seemingly in acres of room. This was no coincidence, but hours of preparation on display.

Anand had his Pulis moment today. He had pretty much played this game out in his dreams. Everything fell into place exactly as he'd planned and Carlsen must have spent nineteen moves wondering what his opponent had got under his sleeve. Then he found out.

On Sunday, it was Anand who succumbed to time and over the board pressure to make a fatal error. This Timex when Carlsen blundered, the game was already lost. He fell hideously behind on the clock but this was primarily due to being less ready for this position. He had to work more out than his opponent and that's tough to do against anyone, even if you're the highest rated player in history.

This was a game Magnus was never going to be able to quell. It will be interesting to see if Anand plays the same moveswhen he next has White, just to test whether Carlsen has managed to find a response. If Carlsen is forced to do something else, it will be a big psychological victory for the Indian"

basketball

our teams in bold from last night

Dallas Mavericks 108-Sacramento Kings 96

Dirk Nowitzki became the ninth highest NBA scorer ever and the highest foreign born scorer, in this game

Toronto Raptors 104-Orlando 100

The Raptors are now 7-1 on the season

San Antonio Spurs 113-Golden State Warriors 100

Duncan had a double double and Parker 28 points

football

in the cofnference last night relegation bet Dover beat Braintree 1-0 to climb to 17th, three points above the relegation places
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 09:26:21 AM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #90520 on: November 12, 2014, 09:37:54 AM »

Well done.

Good esports comment too.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #90521 on: November 12, 2014, 09:55:12 AM »

here is the latest on the next Miscellaneous biggie...

My eyes are open wide
simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #90522 on: November 12, 2014, 11:55:13 AM »

Views on Saturday's PP Gold Cup anyone?  Have just backed Indian Castle e/w at 14-1. Seems good fit with race trends over last 10 years, goes well fresh and on track and ground. Can't find much to dislike. Might have a smaller bet on Persian Snow also e/w.
Guess if we're lucky Mr Channing might give us his thoughts in Road To Riches on Betting Emporium.

Love to hear Adz (where's he disappeared to lately?) and other guru's thoughts if they have any.

Reluctant to race, came home in own time
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #90523 on: November 12, 2014, 12:03:57 PM »

Guess if we're lucky Mr Channing might give us his thoughts in Road To Riches on Betting Emporium.

that is the plan yes

looks a nice race

e/w 1/4 1,2,3,4

7-1 the field

Rajdhani Express
Uxizandre
Oscar Whisky
Johns Spirit
Colour Squadron
Buywise
Attaglance
Caid Du Berlais
Champion Court

all look to be running

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #90524 on: November 12, 2014, 02:48:50 PM »

Just got online for the first time all day, what a lovely surprise to see the WSOP result.

Well done Lord Grumpy.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 6031 6032 6033 6034 [6035] 6036 6037 6038 6039 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: