blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:48:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 6299 6300 6301 6302 [6303] 6304 6305 6306 6307 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13432583 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #94530 on: January 31, 2015, 02:44:09 PM »

its tikay's lucky day. stays off thread though

your bets (1)

Single - 14:05

Silsol - |Race Winner|

Odds: 10/1

Each way : 1/4

1 lines at £15.00 per line

Total Stake for this bet: £30.00

Potential Return:£217.50

Time : 31/1/2015-12:18

Receipt No:O/142640973/0000842

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
a.sparrow

View Profile
« Reply #94531 on: January 31, 2015, 02:46:55 PM »

Very nice spot arbboy, thanks for the heads up!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #94532 on: January 31, 2015, 02:55:51 PM »

It was on page 3 of the RP today in the 'my big day' article.  I was at Uttox last Saturday with a few mates and read the same column about Winston Churchill running on the 50th anniversary of the former PM's death.  The owner was a big WC fan and the horse had clearly been laid out for the race at the owner's request.  So we all smashed into it and it hosed up by 82 lengths.  So i just thought i would have a look at the same column this week and see who's 'big day' it was today and this made a lot of sense that this thing would normally be massively trying which is all you can ask for imo in horse racing.  Not claiming any skill involved other than reading the RP although i do like these type of spots on horse racing which the vast majority of people never read/see.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 02:57:25 PM by arbboy » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #94533 on: January 31, 2015, 03:10:34 PM »

Steve Bruce is going to test our "no Premier league manager to be sacked" bet big time in the next week

nasty result that

My eyes are open wide
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #94534 on: January 31, 2015, 03:14:52 PM »

It was on page 3 of the RP today in the 'my big day' article.  I was at Uttox last Saturday with a few mates and read the same column about Winston Churchill running on the 50th anniversary of the former PM's death.  The owner was a big WC fan and the horse had clearly been laid out for the race at the owner's request.  So we all smashed into it and it hosed up by 82 lengths.  So i just thought i would have a look at the same column this week and see who's 'big day' it was today and this made a lot of sense that this thing would normally be massively trying which is all you can ask for imo in horse racing.  Not claiming any skill involved other than reading the RP although i do like these type of spots on horse racing which the vast majority of people never read/see.

Haha, good old Winston Cheesy

Good shout anyway, covers my day w/e happens for the rest of it!

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #94535 on: January 31, 2015, 03:53:11 PM »

Steve Bruce is going to test our "no Premier league manager to be sacked" bet big time in the next week

nasty result that

We ducked the Newcastle to get relegated bet though?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #94536 on: January 31, 2015, 03:55:35 PM »

nasty result that

We ducked the Newcastle to get relegated bet though?

we did

arbboy put it up, views were mixed

i asked for clarification, no one saw it/everyone ignored the question so i didn't place it

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #94537 on: January 31, 2015, 04:05:57 PM »

its tikay's lucky day. stays off thread though

your bets (1)

Single - 14:05

Silsol - |Race Winner|

Odds: 10/1

Each way : 1/4

1 lines at £15.00 per line

Total Stake for this bet: £30.00

Potential Return:£217.50

Time : 31/1/2015-12:18

Receipt No:O/142640973/0000842

Thank you!

Went for my nap, woke up nearly £200 better off, never even knew I was having a bet.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #94538 on: January 31, 2015, 04:10:29 PM »

Thank you arbboy Smiley
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #94539 on: January 31, 2015, 04:16:06 PM »

Thank you arbboy Smiley

Oh yes, forgot it was Argue, thank you!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #94540 on: January 31, 2015, 05:23:17 PM »

Inspired by a somewhat self-inflicted email yesterday, I've spent the afternoon researching Katy Perry. My hard drive has no idea what's going on. Gone are the pictures of Magnus Carlsen, replaced by the sassy Miss Hudson. 

What do we know about her half time show?

It somehow has to entertain and be a 12 minute Zeitgeist of your career. Perry has had a year on tour and it's been flamboyant and anthem-driven series of numbers. 

She's perfect for this sort of audience: somehow sassy, BFF and Tomboy simultaneously. She's the JJ Watt of music:

Click to see full-size image.

We have a market on her first song and Scuy has been followed by Billy and Betty in offering a list of opening numbers. 

Big favourite is the opening song of the setlist on the Prismatic tour and that is Roar. Perry made an interesting comment at her presser that it'll be the only halftime show to have both sharks and lions in it. We can assume lions might make an appearance in the song called Roar. Starting with lions? Possible, but we must want to oppose a jolly, right? Roar will appear but I'd prefer to bet on it not being first up.

Firework is also confirmed as being in the set but feels like a closer to me. Get the crowd onside first and the cameras looking at you, rather than the sky. 

The biggest selling song on the album (7.9m records sold) is a slower number called Dark Horse. In the tour, she has a grand entrance for this Egypt-themed song:

15/2 available with Betty Fur. 

We know that Lenny Kravitz is joining her on stage and it's widely believed Missy Elliott will be there too. 

"I have to keep some surprises for Sunday," Perry said. "But I'm very, very excited about this guest because I thought long and hard about it and wanted to kind of bring someone back — a throwback of sorts that definitely needed some more shine. All I can say is that it will be a real female fun night. I think when this person enters the stage and you hear the first ring of the chord, I think jaws will drop and faces will melt when she steps onstage."

Missy Elliott appeared on a remix of a Perry song called "Last Friday Night (TGIF)", which you could easily see featuring, with its smooth, lilting rhythm and handwaving beat. Opening number? Plausible. 33/1 says Billy Mountain. 

She's spoken to a few people who have done the halftime show and is friends with Bruno Mars, who opened with a big drum solo on a high energy wow-factor Hello! Roar isn't that at all. I'd fancy something a bit bigger. 

£20 on Dark Horse (Betty)
£10 on Last Friday Night (Billy)

How's that?

No views on her dress. Market feels about right tbf. The designer of her outfits for tomorrow has worked with her before and consistently produces wild, colourful but broadly tasteful (as in not too raunchy) outfits. More of the same likely but easier to predict Bill Bellichick's eighteenth play than Katy Perry's wardrobe.

Over to you, Fred.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #94541 on: January 31, 2015, 05:30:06 PM »

I have had a bet myself on that market Tal. However I have bet "This is how we do" @ 12/1.

Reason, it's got the upbeat opening to it, the song relates to the Superbowl and the more importantly, America, and it's own look at me, kind of arrogance if you like.

She has 12 minutes, and i'm almost certain this song will feature. Firework is far too short in the betting for me and looks nailed on as the closer, I make it between Roar (like her tour has been for the last 108 shows) and This is how we do for opening song personally. I was happy to hear her say in her press conference that they've tried to completely mix it up compared to her tour.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #94542 on: January 31, 2015, 05:31:55 PM »

More carnage for the layers today on the soccer.  No draws in the epl and all the jollies won (barring Newcastle who probably will still have been the worst result in the early game) plus the top 3 in the championship all winning.  More profit warnings and busy days for the PR donks to tell us how much they ironed out.  Going to be a lot of cash rolling onto Chelski, Arsenal and Soton for the rest of the weekend.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #94543 on: January 31, 2015, 05:33:46 PM »

How many songs in 12 minutes?

3? 4?

shorter versions to get 5 or 6?

why wouldn't it be "I kissed a girl?"

questions questions

My eyes are open wide
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #94544 on: January 31, 2015, 05:38:00 PM »

I have had a bet myself on that market Tal. However I have bet "This is how we do" @ 12/1.

Reason, it's got the upbeat opening to it, the song relates to the Superbowl and the more importantly, America, and it's own look at me, kind of arrogance if you like.

She has 12 minutes, and i'm almost certain this song will feature. Firework is far too short in the betting for me and looks nailed on as the closer, I make it between Roar (like her tour has been for the last 108 shows) and This is how we do for opening song personally. I was happy to hear her say in her press conference that they've tried to completely mix it up compared to her tour.

I had a look at that. Clear beat to it, but she doesn't really sing in it and I wonder whether, if you're selling yourself, you shouldn't start off showing your talent.

I just remember the Black Eyed Peas and their 12 long minute electrobilge marathon...

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 6299 6300 6301 6302 [6303] 6304 6305 6306 6307 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: