blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:01:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272576 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 7090 7091 7092 7093 [7094] 7095 7096 7097 7098 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13426066 times)
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #106395 on: September 03, 2015, 10:50:04 AM »

West Brom are awful, was gutted Stoke went down to 9 men as I'm on WBA to go down @ 5/1 with Arbmug  Tongue

You should do the spread betting stuff for way more than £3 a point. Even if the bet goes very well/disastrously the most you're likely to win/lose either way is 10pts.

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #106396 on: September 03, 2015, 11:14:56 AM »

West Brom are awful, was gutted Stoke went down to 9 men as I'm on WBA to go down @ 5/1 with Arbmug  Tongue

You should do the spread betting stuff for way more than £3 a point. Even if the bet goes very well/disastrously the most you're likely to win/lose either way is 10pts.

Only thing is our other trades are tiny - Watford are £10 a point and Charlton £5 a point so didn't want one trade to dwarf the others.  I think Fred is just dipping his toes in the spread betting market at moment.   Happy to increase size for Fred if required though.
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #106397 on: September 03, 2015, 11:26:36 AM »

Many people reading Fred will be unfamiliar with spreads. For them, a much better mentality is to respect that bets that could end up losing 50pts at some point WILL lose 50pts and to stake accordingly.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #106398 on: September 03, 2015, 11:33:55 AM »

Spreads - thanks Dung & Simon.

Can either of you, or someone, perhaps start a thread on Spreads, just an Idiots Guide really, maybe a FAQ thing, too?

As it gets harder & harder for Fred to get on with fixed odds Firms, it might be something we should consider doing more of.

Tighty places our bets these days, & I don't know what his knowledge of Spreads amount to. I used to do Spreads 10 years ago, as a bona-fide ice cream, & all I remember was sending big fat cheques most Monday's to IG Index. When I set the account up, I had to show proof that I had £xx,000 in my Bank Account, does it still work that way? Settlement was in arrears, every Monday. I imagine things may have moved on a bit since then.....

If you do start a thread, please include details of how we set up a spread Account, do we need to deposit £x,000 or whatever?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 11:35:46 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #106399 on: September 03, 2015, 11:41:55 AM »

Many people reading Fred will be unfamiliar with spreads. For them, a much better mentality is to respect that bets that could end up losing 50pts at some point WILL lose 50pts and to stake accordingly.

Well yeah that depends what it is. If you sell a football team's season points @ 75 they aren't going to get 125 points but if you sell Adam Lyth's runs @ 36 he might go on to score 300  idiot and you'd lose your stake x 264

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #106400 on: September 03, 2015, 11:54:26 AM »

@ horneris, yes we get that, but some won't. And those guys don't understand that and how different volatilities can change with alarmingly different speeds... Some markets you definitely don't want to look in the newspaper the next morning to see how things went

@tikay, sure but will be 2mrw

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #106401 on: September 03, 2015, 12:04:33 PM »

@ horneris, yes we get that, but some won't. And those guys don't understand that and how different volatilities can change with alarmingly different speeds... Some markets you definitely don't want to look in the newspaper the next morning to see how things went

Thank you Simon.

I used to be addicted to corners, can't recall if is was called "cross corners" or "multi-corners"?, but it was home corners v away corners, or first half v second half. (One multiplied by the other). Think the line used to be around 30-32, something like that.

Seriously adrenalin raising stuff when it went 12-0 one way, so every subsequent corner the other way was x by 12......

Shirt numbers was another, oh my. Some dude in the Italian or Spanish League regularly wore Shirt # 99. I kid you not.    
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 12:22:41 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #106402 on: September 03, 2015, 12:29:30 PM »

i used to operate my own sporting index account ( have some horror stories, mainly involving mark ramprakash, series runs and a broken hand)  so am familiar with the workings tikay

up to you if you want your own account, but i would suggest as long as kind people are prepared to give you small slices of their action on current volumes we'd carry on like that

i also have a small administrative problem on spread bets and accounting for them properly/prudently, but thats a secondary issue if there are good bets to have

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #106403 on: September 03, 2015, 12:34:10 PM »

i used to operate my own sporting index account ( have some horror stories, mainly involving mark ramprakash, series runs and a broken hand)  so am familiar with the workings tikay

up to you if you want your own account, but i would suggest as long as kind people are prepared to give you small slices of their action on current volumes we'd carry on like that

i also have a small administrative problem on spread bets and accounting for them properly/prudently, but thats a secondary issue if there are good bets to have

OK, all understood, thank you.

Could we perhaps ask Mr Mere, if we can interrupt his viewing of the US Open Ladies Tennis, how beat to deal with them on the Spready? A separate Spready would be a pain, but may be the answer.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #106404 on: September 03, 2015, 12:34:18 PM »

its the italian GP this weekend

news emerges that

"More grid penalties for Alonso (10 places) and Button (five). New internal combustion engine for both "

in terms of good bets we've had (albeit understaked before someone says it)

How many races will Alonso win in 2015 -none    11/8   20
Mclaren season points   Sell at 153

are right up there

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #106405 on: September 03, 2015, 12:36:36 PM »

Talking of F1, our man, Peter, has resumed playing poker & posting Next Door, but I'm sure F1 will remain his primary focus. And spreads, obv.

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #106406 on: September 03, 2015, 12:47:06 PM »

Thank you Simon.

I used to be addicted to corners, can't recall if is was called "cross corners" or "multi-corners"?, but it was home corners v away corners, or first half v second half. (One multiplied by the other). Think the line used to be around 30-32, something like that.

Seriously adrenalin raising stuff when it went 12-0 one way, so every subsequent corner the other way was x by 12......

Shirt numbers was another, oh my. Some dude in the Italian or Spanish League regularly wore Shirt # 99. I kid you not.    

I always found snooker "volcanoes" to be the best adrenlin rush for a seeminly innocuous £3 a point.  One minute you are cheering on your tubby gladiator when he is in the balls as he nets you £21 for every black he sinks, next moment he misses an easy red and O'Sullivan is tearing off in the other direction to cost you £400 with his clearance.
Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #106407 on: September 03, 2015, 02:00:06 PM »

How many races will Alonso win in 2015 -none    11/8   20

This one in particular is massively under staked, bad call from me. I guess going in to the season, McLaren were a bit of an unknown. It was possible, albeit unlikely, that once they would be massively quick when they actually finished a race - as it turns out, they are both slow and unreliable!

Talking of F1, our man, Peter, has resumed playing poker & posting Next Door, but I'm sure F1 will remain his primary focus. And spreads, obv.

F1 is always the focus  Grin

I'll post bet suggestions (and reply to the "betting maths" posts from last week) at around 8PM UK Time Smiley

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #106408 on: September 03, 2015, 02:14:35 PM »

OK, all understood, thank you.

Could we perhaps ask Mr Mere, if we can interrupt his viewing of the US Open Ladies Tennis, how beat to deal with them on the Spready? A separate Spready would be a pain, but may be the answer.

Just mark them at close out value Tikay.  It's more conservative than mid price, but shows where you are if you want to exit everything immediately.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #106409 on: September 03, 2015, 02:28:09 PM »

first ODI today

Another new role for Moeen: 8 in Tests, 3 in T20s and now 7 in ODIs. Thought he would have been ideal at 3. that was the basis of our bet

David Willey has played 5 internationals

taken the most england wickets in an odi, a T20, dead heated in another t20 and another ODI and was 2nd highest wicket-taker in a 3rd odi. Smacked 100 in 40 balls in a T20 recently

Not playing.

thanks selectors lol

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 7090 7091 7092 7093 [7094] 7095 7096 7097 7098 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: