blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:04:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 7375 7376 7377 7378 [7379] 7380 7381 7382 7383 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13443160 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #110670 on: December 24, 2015, 10:10:34 AM »

It's not the sort of market that interests me in betting on, but I'm intrigued by Pep & the "Next Manager" prices.

He is 1/6 to go to Man City, & 8/1 to Arsenal.

Of the two prices, the 8/1 seems far better value.

I'm sure every one of us hopes that Lord Wenger stays for another 10 or 15 years, but Pep & the current Arsenal squad seem to go together like strawberries & cream.

Additionally, Arsenal don't chop & change every year or two, so it becomes a genuine long term "project". They have class, substance & history too, a real elite club, where as Man City, well, you know, don't want to be rude like, but they are not in the same League are they?

What a great fit Pep & Arsenal would make.     

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #110671 on: December 24, 2015, 10:12:34 AM »

Bild reports done deal £18m a year for Guardiola from City at the end of the season

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #110672 on: December 24, 2015, 10:21:55 AM »

Timing was never my strong suit.......though I fancied he might consider Arsenal a better bet at half the salary.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #110673 on: December 24, 2015, 10:25:04 AM »

Arsenal would have a succession plan in place, as of now, do we think?

is there anyone internal that might be being groomed?

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #110674 on: December 24, 2015, 10:40:26 AM »

Without a shadow of doubt, they are a well organised Business. No idea who, though. Henry is a favourite son, but with no experience in Management, that rules him out. 

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #110675 on: December 24, 2015, 11:01:43 AM »

Without a shadow of doubt, they are a well organised Business. No idea who, though. Henry is a favourite son, but with no experience in Management, that rules him out. 

Eddie Howe might be a candidate in a year or two.

He impresses me more each time I see him and his team play lovely football.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #110676 on: December 24, 2015, 11:53:07 AM »

Was talk of Bergkamp taking a manager role somewhere in the UK a week or so ago, wonder if he's likely to be considered as a future manager?

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #110677 on: December 24, 2015, 11:53:47 AM »

Be a bit wary of Eddie that it didnt really work out for him at Burnley (didnt do badly and tbf the players he bought turned out to be good business tbf) Bournemouth is "his" club now.

Having said that will not find a bigger fan.

Pep gets bored easily not so sure he is a long term manager, infact dont really think any manager/coach can be considered long term anymore (bar Wenger) 2 years max seems plenty.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #110678 on: December 24, 2015, 12:01:15 PM »

Sky Sources: Danny Wilson to be named as Chesterfield manager today.

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #110679 on: December 24, 2015, 12:10:43 PM »

Be a bit wary of Eddie that it didnt really work out for him at Burnley (didnt do badly and tbf the players he bought turned out to be good business tbf) Bournemouth is "his" club now.

Pep gets bored easily not so sure he is a long term manager, infact dont really think any manager/coach can be considered long term anymore (bar Wenger) 2 years max seems plenty.

Why do you think that, John?

The great businessmen of our era all had longevity, presumably because of their success - Jack Welch, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, Michael O'Leary, Rupert Murdoch, Page & Brin, Howard Schultz, Jeff Bezos all serve or served for long periods.

In football, if we confine it to the EPL, far & away the 2 most successful Managers (SAF & AW) both managed in excess of 15 years, going on 20.

Why would it not be desirable for a really successful manager at an Elite Club to stay for longer than 2 years? I would say it should be the opposite.   

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #110680 on: December 24, 2015, 12:13:48 PM »

Why do you think that, John?

The great businessmen of our era all had longevity, presumably because of their success - Jack Welch, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, Michael O'Leary, Rupert Murdoch, Page & Brin, Howard Schultz, Jeff Bezos all serve or served for long periods.

In football, if we confine it to the EPL, far & away the 2 most successful Managers (SAF & AW) both managed in excess of 15 years, going on 20.

Why would it not be desirable for a really successful manager at an Elite Club to stay for longer than 2 years? I would say it should be the opposite.   
[/quot

Not that it is not desirable just very hard to happen. Often repeated but true if Fergie had his start again in this era he would have likely been gone after a season. If Wenger had not established such a strong position in the background he would have gone at some point years ago.

If Pep was going to stay anywhere long term then it would surely have been Barca the club he served with such distinction as a player.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #110681 on: December 24, 2015, 12:17:27 PM »

Do you not think that O'Leary would last 5 minutes managing a football club?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #110682 on: December 24, 2015, 12:20:41 PM »

Ahh, got you now, understand.

It's quite something how short-sighted many - most? - Football Club Boards are.

Bring a Manager in, give him a 9 figure sum to spend, get rid 18 months later. How can that make sense?

If I have enough trust in a Manager's judgement to give him £100 or £200 milly to spend, I don't expect overnight results, I expect a long term progression, not something in the next 3 months.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #110683 on: December 24, 2015, 12:21:38 PM »

Do you not think that O'Leary would last 5 minutes managing a football club?

The players might not, but he would.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #110684 on: December 24, 2015, 12:23:39 PM »

It's not the sort of market that interests me in betting on, but I'm intrigued by Pep & the "Next Manager" prices.

He is 1/6 to go to Man City, & 8/1 to Arsenal.

Of the two prices, the 8/1 seems far better value.

I'm sure every one of us hopes that Lord Wenger stays for another 10 or 15 years, but Pep & the current Arsenal squad seem to go together like strawberries & cream.

Additionally, Arsenal don't chop & change every year or two, so it becomes a genuine long term "project". They have class, substance & history too, a real elite club, where as Man City, well, you know, don't want to be rude like, but they are not in the same League are they?

What a great fit Pep & Arsenal would make.     

Those days are long gone Tikay. All the top teams ''chop and change'' every few years these days. Also, there is no ''project'' at Arsenal, nor is there at City either (not anymore anyway), unless we are considering 'qualify for the Champions League, try and win the league/cup' a project. If he wants a proper project, he goes to United, or Villa. Now that's a project Wink

On a similar note, did you know our owners looked at Arsenal (and Newcastle and Everton) before deciding to plump for City? There was nothing to achieve with Arsenal, Newcastle's ground being in the city centre worked against them, not sure why they snubbed Everton (maybe something as trivial as John Lennon airport not being up to much compared to Ringway?), so we won the football lottery cos we were shite but had a brand spanking new stadium, loads of wasteland surrounding it that was ripe for purchase, and the perception of being a sleeping giant.

And the rest, as they say, is history.....or what we lack if you believe what you read Smiley

Best Bitter.
Pages: 1 ... 7375 7376 7377 7378 [7379] 7380 7381 7382 7383 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: