blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:40:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272578 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8469 8470 8471 8472 [8473] 8474 8475 8476 8477 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13428725 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #127080 on: April 07, 2017, 03:03:20 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-39528083

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #127081 on: April 07, 2017, 04:08:30 PM »

A friend has a losing bet slip of his father's (who was a bookie himself)  from the early 50s for £20k! - signed by William Hill himself.  I can't remember the name of the horse, but think it was a 1000gns filly and Phil Bull did his conkers on it as well.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #127082 on: April 07, 2017, 06:08:11 PM »

Like the look of Suresh Raina to be top run scorer for Gujarat today in the IPL.

Can't remember what bookies We can actually get on with, but there is 4/1 and 7/2 kicking about.

They have the semi retired McCullum, the always inconsistent Finch and Jason Roy ahead of him in the betting, I like Raina, class bat and always there or there about.

https://m.oddschecker.com/m/cricket/ipl/gujarat-lions-v-kolkata-knight-riders/top-gujarat-lions-batsman

Recommend £20

Value or not, Raina rode his luck (dropped twice) to top score for Gujaret with 68 NO, well done.

Fred are on KKR outright, who now need 184 to win this one.  

« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 06:48:16 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #127083 on: April 07, 2017, 06:50:12 PM »

What a weird action Kaushik, the Gujaret spinner has. Most peculiar.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #127084 on: April 07, 2017, 07:38:45 PM »

The 2017 IPL starts next week (nellberg etc, please givea view)

I have done a long form which i won't reproduce here,just the key points

The 2017 IPL, its 10th season runs from 5th April to 21st May consisting of 8 teams. The current IPL title holders are Sunrises Hyderabad who beat RCB in the 2016 final. SRH were 6/1 ante post last year, outside the top 4 in the betting

Each team plays each other twice in a home-and-away format in the league phase. At the conclusion of the league stage, the top four teams will qualify for the Playoffs.

8 teams then, and very competitive. can make a case for 6 of them.

betting market https://www.oddschecker.com/cricket/ipl/indian-premier-league/winner

Some of the team rules are as follows:
•   A minimum squad of 16 players.
•   No more than 10 foreign players on the squad and a maximum of 4 foreign players in the playing XI.
•   A minimum of 14 Indian players must be included in each squad.
•   A minimum of 6 players from the under-22 pool must be included in each squad

Kolkota Knight Riders (15/2)

KKR have won the IPL twice. The shrewd captaincy of Gautam Gambhir and the versatility of their bowling makes them a challenger every season. (especially as the Kolkota pitches tend to be low scoring. dry and take spin which suits their line up)**

KKR went big on overseas purchases in the auction bagging Trent Boult, Chris Woakes, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Darren Bravo, and Rovman Powell together with a clutch of local Indian players.

Gambhir and Robin Uthappa have been their mainstays at the top for many seasons now. With hard-hitters Manish Pandey and Suryakumar Yadav in the mix KKR has enough batting power to be competitive. Big bash star Chris Lynn could be the surprise package of the season for them.

The West Indies mystery spinner Sunil Narine has delivered titles for KKR. In April 2016, he was cleared for bowling in all formats of domestic and international cricket after his action was reported. The likes of Umesh Yadav and Piyush Chawla are veterans at KKR while Woakes and Boult should provide the variation.

A consistent side year in year out, sixth favourites out of 8 teams probably under-rates their prospects

Recommendation £30 e/w (1/3 1,2) KKR 2017 IPL Sportingbet

** T20 is a high variance format. Give two talented teams a flat track and its tough to say which team will win in a 220 plays 220 game. Give two talented teams a slower track where 150 is competitive then there is a premium on canny bowling attacks,this is where KKR do well

What a fabulous start to this bet by KKR.

Set 183 to win, they knocked them off in less than 15 overs & without loss.

nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #127085 on: April 08, 2017, 01:49:57 AM »

No way Lynn should still be 4's to be top KKR bat next time around, or 12's to be MOTM. 3/1 at a push and 8/1 look more like it.

https://www.oddschecker.com/cricket/ipl/mumbai-indians-v-kolkata-knight-riders/top-kolkata-knight-riders-batsman

https://www.oddschecker.com/cricket/ipl/mumbai-indians-v-kolkata-knight-riders/man-of-the-match
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #127086 on: April 08, 2017, 02:15:31 AM »

Agree.

If he continues to open I can see him being in the frame for the outright. Surprised Robin Utappa didn't open with Gambhir as that's been the combination for the last couple of seasons.

I'm debating going in on him top KKR bat @ 11/8, should be odds on?

Been in ridic form in the BBL and he's carried it on granted he was up against the worst attack in the tournament (no jadeja/bravo killed Pune)
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #127087 on: April 08, 2017, 08:31:02 AM »

Agree.

If he continues to open I can see him being in the frame for the outright. Surprised Robin Utappa didn't open with Gambhir as that's been the combination for the last couple of seasons.

I'm debating going in on him top KKR bat @ 11/8, should be odds on?

Been in ridic form in the BBL and he's carried it on granted he was up against the worst attack in the tournament (no jadeja/bravo killed Pune)

I think they were flattered by how bad Gujarat were with the ball. It was the worst attack I can remember in IPL cricket, to go with no overseas bowler when you don't have a top Indian bowler to begin with was risky and they'll have to shelve that experiment now.

Yeh, 100% surprised it wasn't Uthappa opening, him and Gambhir have been great over the years. Whether they were a big worried about Lynn vs spin and wanted to get him "in" vs the quicks or whatever, he now could/should stay as opener after yesterday's crazy innings.

Obviously Gambhir got runs yesterday also, and in my opinion he'd still be the most likely to get runs against all kinds of attacks/in different match situations etc . Every other side will have an international spinner, so Lynn will be tested. Next up it'll likely to be Harbhajan, so we'll learn a bit more. The attack he'd struggle most against would be his own! (Narine, Chawla and Kuldeep)
Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #127088 on: April 08, 2017, 08:32:32 AM »

FYI I just put £25 on Lewis Hamilton to win the Chinese GP at 5/4. Anything over EVS is fine.

Full market analysis coming after qualifying.

https://www.oddschecker.com/motorsport/formula-one/chinese-grand-prix/winner

T_Mar

View Profile
« Reply #127089 on: April 08, 2017, 08:45:59 AM »

Masters – Top  Continental Euro

Best prices on Oddschecker

John Rahm 7/2
Henrik Stenson 9/2
Sergio Garcia  5/1
Thomas Pieters 10/1
Alex Noren 16/1
Martin Kaymer 20/1
Soren Kjedson 16/1
Caberro Bello 14/1
Molinari 20/1
Weisberger 18/1
Langer 40/1
Olazabal 150/1

Several firms paying 3 places ¼ odds.

On the face of it this isn’t a great EW betting heat with 12 runners and seemingly very open contest  however I think we can cut the field down significantly.

We can safely rule out Olazabal, and Langer although super fit for his age will be happy if he makes the cut.  Everyone knows about Kaymers in ability to be competitive at Augusta, and despite Kjelsen playing extremely well last year on balance someone with his lack of length should struggle and I wouldn’t bet on him repeating last year’s effort.  For similar reasons Molinari can be opposed.

So we’re now down to credible 7 runners  and EW betting is more attractive.

Maybe slightly more contentious but three of the remaining players (Pieters, Noren, Rahm) although highly talented are all debutants – They are less likely be effective at their first try at the course even if Rahm is a superstar in the making  I am happy to oppose him and the other 2 for this reason.

So we have Stenson, Garcia, Caberro Bello and Weisberger remaining

Stenson is the class act but is not  in great form coming in with 2 MC’s – His Masters record is not great either never having a Top 10.  Happy to oppose.

The 2 I want to back are Garcia and Weisberger.

Not much to say about Garcia that everyone doesn’t know – He’s just very solid round here and although probably not up to winning outright he can definitely hit the top 10 which should be enough to win this market.  He’s in great form having already won this season (Dubai) and was a solid 12th in the WGC 2 starts ago.  He’s laid himself out for this by the looks of it with a light schedule and I can’t not see him coming out of the top 3 here - would be odds odd on to place In my view. Very solid.

At the prices I also quite like Weisberger.  He has only played twice here, coming 22nd on his debut and then followed up with a solid 34th last year. He hits it a long way which will always be an advantage round here and comes into the week in good form having 2 top 5’s on Euro tour early in the year and then more recently 17th in the match play and 23rd last week in Houston.  Sporting chance.

Recommend:
50ew Garcia @ 5/1
20ew Weisberger @ 18/1
(Both 3 places ¼ odds)

If you like these, I can help with the Weisberger bet with 364, but have had to get help myself with Garcia so can’t do anything there – (PP, BV and BFSB are 5/1 ¼)

Think Marky got Fred on Garcia who has had a good start obviously - into <6/4 fav for win in this market

Weisberger was 1 of only 6 who made the cut

Garcia -4
Pieters -4
Rahm -1
Kjeldsen +1
Weisberger +5
Molinari +6

Only takes 1 hole to turn the whole thing on its head obv but decent spot for weekend

Very impressed with Rahm so far this week, so composed - I'm don't normally believe the hype with these types but think hes real deal - Biggest threat to Garcia here I would suggest

rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #127090 on: April 08, 2017, 08:55:05 AM »

Rahm isn't one of those types. He's one of the Rory, , Spieth types. Probably already the sixth best golfer in the world and only going one way.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #127091 on: April 08, 2017, 09:18:02 AM »

John Rahm 7/2
Henrik Stenson 9/2
Sergio Garcia  5/1
Thomas Pieters 10/1
Alex Noren 16/1
Martin Kaymer 20/1
Soren Kjedson 16/1
Caberro Bello 14/1
Molinari 20/1
Weisberger 18/1
Langer 40/1
Olazabal 150/1

On the face of it this isn’t a great EW betting heat with 12 runners and seemingly very open contest  however I think we can cut the field down significantly.

We can safely rule out Olazabal, and Langer although super fit for his age will be happy if he makes the cut.  Everyone knows about Kaymers in ability to be competitive at Augusta, and despite Kjelsen playing extremely well last year on balance someone with his lack of length should struggle and I wouldn’t bet on him repeating last year’s effort.  For similar reasons Molinari can be opposed.

Maybe slightly more contentious but three of the remaining players (Pieters, Noren, Rahm) although highly talented are all debutants – They are less likely be effective at their first try at the course even if Rahm is a superstar in the making  I am happy to oppose him and the other 2 for this reason.

Stenson is the class act but is not  in great form coming in with 2 MC’s – His Masters record is not great either never having a Top 10.  Happy to oppose.

Not much to say about Garcia that everyone doesn’t know – He’s just very solid round here and although probably not up to winning outright he can definitely hit the top 10 which should be enough to win this market.  He’s in great form having already won this season (Dubai) and was a solid 12th in the WGC 2 starts ago.  He’s laid himself out for this by the looks of it with a light schedule and I can’t not see him coming out of the top 3 here - would be odds odd on to place In my view. Very solid.

At the prices I also quite like Weisberger.  He has only played twice here, coming 22nd on his debut and then followed up with a solid 34th last year. He hits it a long way which will always be an advantage round here and comes into the week in good form having 2 top 5’s on Euro tour early in the year and then more recently 17th in the match play and 23rd last week in Houston.  Sporting chance.

Recommend:
50ew Garcia @ 5/1
20ew Weisberger @ 18/1
(Both 3 places ¼ odds)

If you like these, I can help with the Weisberger bet with 364, but have had to get help myself with Garcia so can’t do anything there – (PP, BV and BFSB are 5/1 ¼)

Think Marky got Fred on Garcia who has had a good start obviously - into <6/4 fav for win in this market

Garcia -4
Pieters -4
Rahm -1
Kjeldsen +1
Weisberger +5
Molinari +6

Only takes 1 hole to turn the whole thing on its head obv but decent spot for weekend

Very impressed with Rahm so far this week, so composed - I'm don't normally believe the hype with these types but think hes real deal - Biggest threat to Garcia here I would suggest

Firstly, did I settle you up for the Weisberger bet? I honestly can't remember. I know Marky got us on Garcia & he & I are running a slate.

Garcia is going along very nicely, but every time I see him line up a putt, my heart is in my mouth, his putting stroke & set up looks so fragile. I saw yesterday he has played some 75 (?) Majors, so that's the best part of 20 years of experience, which is an astonishing stat. I think he'd be a very popular winner of this.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #127092 on: April 08, 2017, 09:27:19 AM »

Rahm has been most impressive, really enjoyed watching him. He's certainly not out of this.

Speith is only 4 off the lead despite that horror 9 (?) on Day 1.

Fred Couples - what can you say?

Rose & Rory both still in with a shout.

The Sky Sports coverage has been less than ideal to my eye, but as of tonight, BBC2 start live coverage, so I think most viewers will switch channels as & from tonight.

T_Mar

View Profile
« Reply #127093 on: April 08, 2017, 09:33:19 AM »

John Rahm 7/2
Henrik Stenson 9/2
Sergio Garcia  5/1
Thomas Pieters 10/1
Alex Noren 16/1
Martin Kaymer 20/1
Soren Kjedson 16/1
Caberro Bello 14/1
Molinari 20/1
Weisberger 18/1
Langer 40/1
Olazabal 150/1

Recommend:
50ew Garcia @ 5/1
20ew Weisberger @ 18/1
(Both 3 places ¼ odds)

Garcia -4
Pieters -4
Rahm -1
Kjeldsen +1
Weisberger +5
Molinari +6

Firstly, did I settle you up for the Weisberger bet? I honestly can't remember. I know Marky got us on Garcia & he & I are running a slate.

Garcia is going along very nicely, but every time I see him line up a putt, my heart is in my mouth, his putting stroke & set up looks so fragile. I saw yesterday he has played some 75 (?) Majors, so that's the best part of 20 years of experience, which is an astonishing stat. I think he'd be a very popular winner of this.

Yeah Garcia is fragile and as you say his putting often isn't good enough however his tee to green game is more than enough for him to competive in this market - especially when it's been playing tough.

Conditions are set to change over the weekend I hear and maybe a few more birdies which might not help us  but he's in good form and we're in mix - Think he got engaged earlier this year which is helping his mental state apparently - Wait until he actually gets married, that will soon change 😉

I haven't backed him outright but couldn't think of anyone I'd prefer to see win a major - especially this one.  Think I also read it's the anniversary of Seve's death on Sunday - Sure to be some heavy emotion coming down the stretch if he's contention. Scenes if he won but be something very special.

Edit:- Just looked it up, it' would have been his birthday on April 9th (Sunday). He died on May 7th
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 09:37:29 AM by T_Mar » Logged
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #127094 on: April 08, 2017, 09:50:38 AM »

God yeah, if you've ever had money on him to win and he's 1 shot ahead playing the back 6...you'll know that it's no way to reach old age!! Don't think anyone would begrudge Sergio shipping a green coat. I think biggest threat to Garcia is himself Tongue

Rahm's the real deal isn't he, anyone on board at big prices has had a massive shark of.

Rickieeeeeeee fowwwwwwwwler though gogogogogogogo

Pages: 1 ... 8469 8470 8471 8472 [8473] 8474 8475 8476 8477 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: