blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:19:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8771 8772 8773 8774 [8775] 8776 8777 8778 8779 ... 9207 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13331441 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #131610 on: January 10, 2018, 05:18:37 PM »

Ok reduced amount and reduced places we can use these days

I am not around much at the moment so difficult to get much of a balanced book on for the thread across a range of bets too

No worries more for everyone else than fred actually getting the dough down nowadays.  I understand that.  Things have moved on.

bf sb still out of line on all three markets.  Money line, hcap and over 208 total.  The total over is a bet at their price as well.  If you are lucky enough to get on
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #131611 on: January 10, 2018, 07:30:10 PM »

Is the extra half point important if I can only get -7 in size?

Just for clarity there is no significance to certain numbers in nba hcap betting unlike the nfl where 3 and 7 are key numbers.  If a hcap jumped from 6.5 to 7 or 7.5 in the NFL it is a huge jump.  This isn't the case in the NBA.
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131612 on: January 10, 2018, 07:50:00 PM »

Derrick Henry is 17/10 to score anytime for the Titans on betfair.

Wasn't going to bother with a titans player, but Demarco Murray has been ruled out again so the backfield is his. 17/10 is a stand out price. He's a best of 6/4 elsewhere. I think you can get on betfair? If not. Probably good for others.

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #131613 on: January 10, 2018, 10:13:29 PM »

Is the extra half point important if I can only get -7 in size?

Just for clarity there is no significance to certain numbers in nba hcap betting unlike the nfl where 3 and 7 are key numbers.  If a hcap jumped from 6.5 to 7 or 7.5 in the NFL it is a huge jump.  This isn't the case in the NBA.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention though. It was a good time on the thread, when it a was a shrewd info exchange.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #131614 on: January 11, 2018, 08:41:16 AM »

Think our NBA coup came unstuck last night;

Dallas 115 - Charlotte 111

No complaints though - these are the spots we should be betting I guess.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #131615 on: January 11, 2018, 10:14:55 AM »

Australian Open Draw just taken place. In the ladies Svitolina and Wozniacki have great draws in the bottom half and a bet on either can't be bad. Top half is stacked, so taking a each way flier on someone in the bottom half seems optimal for people that like a tennis banzai - just going through the draw now.

In the mens Nadal has to be happy with the draw, but I can't really trust his fitness to back him.
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #131616 on: January 11, 2018, 10:38:12 AM »

I think Wozniacki at 11/1 each way has to be the bet if you can get on at that price. She has a lovely draw up until the quarter finals. She possibly has the most complete game in ladies tennis at the moment. Of course she has not won a grand slam before and the question is does she have the mental fortitude to do so? She won the season finale in Singapore at the end of 2017 and lost a close one vs big serving Goerges in the final in New Zealand for her warm up last week.

Still waiting for prices to come out for the whole draw with most bookies. Rybarikova is a tempting 600/1 with Unibet but I'll be staying away even at that price

https://www.oddschecker.com/tennis/australian-open/womens/winner
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 10:41:55 AM by bergeroo » Logged
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #131617 on: January 11, 2018, 11:14:02 AM »

Cheers Bergeroo, I would second those 2 picks.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #131618 on: January 11, 2018, 11:35:41 AM »

Think our NBA coup came unstuck last night;

Dallas 115 - Charlotte 111

No complaints though - these are the spots we should be betting I guess.

Yes we went 9-0 early doors and a mate who can get anything beat piped up and said 'that's the hcap more than covered already'

Any time your team misses 15 free throws and the other team makes 15 3 pointers and only turns the ball over 8 times (average is closer to 15) you are going to struggle to win any NBA game no matter how tired the opposition are and how well rested you are.

http://www.espn.co.uk/nba/boxscore?gameId=400975349
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 12:03:23 PM by arbboy » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #131619 on: January 11, 2018, 11:48:42 AM »

Ok reduced amount and reduced places we can use these days

I am not around much at the moment so difficult to get much of a balanced book on for the thread across a range of bets too

No worries more for everyone else than fred actually getting the dough down nowadays.  I understand that.  Things have moved on.

bf sb still out of line on all three markets.  Money line, hcap and over 208 total.  The total over is a bet at their price as well.  If you are lucky enough to get on

Anyone who got the over 208 won that wager.
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #131620 on: January 11, 2018, 11:54:44 AM »

Australian Open Draw just taken place. In the ladies Svitolina and Wozniacki have great draws in the bottom half and a bet on either can't be bad. Top half is stacked, so taking a each way flier on someone in the bottom half seems optimal for people that like a tennis banzai - just going through the draw now.

In the mens Nadal has to be happy with the draw, but I can't really trust his fitness to back him.

Ostapenko, in the bottom half, at 40/1 looks a big price on Choral. Seems she’s got a new coach to focus some work on her service. She certainly seems to have the mental strength, so it just remains to be seen if she can reduce the unforced errors.
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #131621 on: January 11, 2018, 02:15:59 PM »

Ostapenko, in the bottom half, at 40/1 looks a big price on Choral. Seems she’s got a new coach to focus some work on her service. She certainly seems to have the mental strength, so it just remains to be seen if she can reduce the unforced errors.

She has lost her first two matches this season but I didn't see either of them. So I can't really bet it, but good luck to you. She does have a nice draw if she can get some form going.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #131622 on: January 11, 2018, 07:28:00 PM »

Lincoln v Poshies in the Checkatrade Tinpot quarter-final.

Away at L2 hoofers. Could have been worse.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #131623 on: January 12, 2018, 11:15:32 AM »

Aussie Open Tennis

I've backed Svitolina & Wozniacki for the womens. Svitolina E/W @ 10/1 and Wozniacki @ 13.5 on betfair (still available) to trade.

The draw makes these must bets really. I was mightily impressed with Woz in the WTA tour finals at the end of last year. She was destroying the top 8 players in the world and she looked so focused and like she'd added more power to her game and her serve. But then despite making the final in Auckland last week (she beat two unknowns in the QF & SFs), she was quite poor in every game and never looked like winning against Goerges in the final. So there are reservations in terms of how she has wintered but I think that is factored into the price, as she'd be more like 7, 8/1 with that draw on her tour finals form.

In the mens there don't look to be too many outright angles. If I was looking to back two as trade prospects I'd take fliers on Kyrgios and Zverev, both at around the 20.0 mark. One of these years the younger guard have to start taking over and these are the 2 with the most upside currently in terms of winning a slam. Hopefully Kyrgios has turned a corner recently and whilst Zverev has been quiet at the start of this season, perhaps he has been resting up, and he certainly has the game to beat anyone over 3 sets. They are both doubts to do it over 2 weeks in best out of 5 matches but they have to start somewhere and with Nadal and Djokovic still carrying knocks, Murray out and Federer about to celebrate his 50th birthday, maybe it will be now. But probably not.

The 2nd Quarter is the weakest and Sock @ 20/1 and Rublev @ 80/1 both look value with bfsb/pp to win that Qtr. But nothing mind blowing.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 11:18:22 AM by Horneris » Logged

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #131624 on: January 12, 2018, 02:30:31 PM »

I friend of mine watches Sheff Utd at every home game.

He says their style of play means they get a lot of corners.

Its the United v Wednesday game tonight.

I've checked the stats.

United average 7.46 corners per home game this season (one of the highest in the league)

Wednesday average 4.77 corners per away game this season.

So average is 12.23 corners per game in games involving these 2 teams.

Over 10 corners is available at around evens.

Statistically, that looks value, do you agree its a bet?

Pages: 1 ... 8771 8772 8773 8774 [8775] 8776 8777 8778 8779 ... 9207 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: