blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:37:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8849 8850 8851 8852 [8853] 8854 8855 8856 8857 ... 9207 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13330166 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #132780 on: April 22, 2018, 08:32:22 PM »

really struggling to get the love for dyche.

he's a slightly grittier, more northern, but less sucessful sam allardyce. ok he's got a smaller head.

if we really want to laud someone for doing better than expected without winning the league then surely benitez deseves the award.

i'm not assed about how much city have spent.  this is a team that has fabian delph as a make shift left back and has just completed 1000 passes in a premier league match.

1000 passes, five goals, 98 for the season with four to play.

and this is so commonplace now that city fans -  brought up on kevin pollack, richard dunne and a forward with the nickname 'the goat' - leave in their thousands to beat the rush on their first home game as champions.

i think city have made it look so easy people have lost sight of how dizzyingly high the new standards they have set are.

If SD is this diff class Burnely will be 20/1+ to go down next year if it isn't just variance and run good.    Anyone want to lay me 10/1 Burnley to go down next year if SD is such a wonder gaffer?

You can't keep using traditional, household, common or garden xG for this team.

https://statsbomb.com/2017/02/burnley-doing-it-differently/

For balance, it's not all one way either: it's simplistic to say they're beating the system:

https://statsbomb.com/2017/12/on-burnley-and-expected-goals/

There aren't 20 equally good coaches in the Premier League so the handful who are better than the rest will be getting their teams to achieve better than those around them. That's true in other sports and in the real world of work: the best bosses get more out of their team.

I'm not taking your 10/1. Obv when Dyche moves to the Emirates, we can talk.

Cheesy

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #132781 on: April 22, 2018, 08:32:56 PM »

Carter comes back to muller Dotty on the line - Arb knew!

I didn't know.  A good industry sauce knew who marked my card.  I am not taking the credit.  It was the biggest rick of the first round on his maths based card.

I don't know how much of the match you watched but Dotty seemed to be rushing and playing far too quickly during the final couple of sessions.

Objection!

I started posting snooker stuff on here but tikay started a dedicated thread and made me post there instead. Now people are posting snooker stuff here when I'm not looking.

You're absolutely right Tom especially after my recommendation to lump on Selby @9/2 was totally ignored too.

It's the snooker thread for me from here on in.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #132782 on: April 22, 2018, 08:34:18 PM »

Aftertiming, Karabiner, but I was already against Selby when you posted and didn't want to come across badly in saying so.

That's why I didn't say anything!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #132783 on: April 22, 2018, 08:40:42 PM »

Underwear getting twisted all over the gaff, ITT Cheesy

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #132784 on: April 22, 2018, 09:18:16 PM »

Fred should be doing some of Tighty's bets for the draft cos...y'know...it's Tighty and NFL.

http://www.bettingemporium.com/tips/index/217

Not entirely sure what's still available.

Have discussed some parts in the NFL Thread. Definitely more to come before Thursday night.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #132785 on: April 22, 2018, 09:23:59 PM »

Fred should be doing some of Tighty's bets for the draft cos...y'know...it's Tighty and NFL.

http://www.bettingemporium.com/tips/index/217

Not entirely sure what's still available.

Have discussed some parts in the NFL Thread. Definitely more to come before Thursday night.

I had a look, but we can't get on most of them. Thoroughly enjoyed your back and forth with Tighty last night on the NFL thread, all that weird terminology (" second contract" etc) though most of it was over my head. The in depth knowledge you guys have as to NFL amazes me.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #132786 on: April 22, 2018, 09:49:02 PM »

Really not getting the Dyche MOTY love in.

Yeah granted, he's doing a good job with Burnley, with limited resources and all that jazz, and they are enjoying a decent season. Solid, organised, difficult to beat yada yada yada.

But to give Dyche MOTY over Pep would be laughable. A team that is on course to smash various PL records and masterminding some of the most sublime top flight football we've ever seen, yet you'd give the award to the manager who's team went from 12th December to 3rd March without winning a league game? You'd give it to the manager who's team have scored just 15 goals at home all season?

This isn't a 'who's doing the best on a limited budget' competition, it's a straightforward 'who's the best manager in the league this season', and that is Pep Guardiola AINEC.

I'd also argue Benitez could be above Dyche in the pecking order too.

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #132787 on: April 22, 2018, 10:32:18 PM »

Can't seem to find confirmation but I'm reading that Sane bagged YPOTY, so fred has a 16/1 winner if this is the case.

I owe you a few quid Tikay Smiley

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #132788 on: April 22, 2018, 10:46:28 PM »

Can't seem to find confirmation but I'm reading that Sane bagged YPOTY, so fred has a 16/1 winner if this is the case.

BOOMIO

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #132789 on: April 22, 2018, 11:29:31 PM »

BOOMIO

He was holding the trophy on MOTD2 so I think its safe to assume he's scooped Smiley

Got £340 to ship your way when PP settle.

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #132790 on: April 22, 2018, 11:33:25 PM »

BOOMIO

He was holding the trophy on MOTD2 so I think its safe to assume he's scooped Smiley

Got £340 to ship your way when PP settle.

Lovely, thank you. A nice end to what has been a challenging weekend, what with this and that. Smiley

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #132791 on: April 22, 2018, 11:41:40 PM »

Nice one, chaps!

Good stuff.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #132792 on: April 23, 2018, 08:58:37 AM »

Princess Cambridge is about to give birth.

"Name the Baby" odds are;

https://www.oddschecker.com/novelty/specials/william-and-kate/royal-baby-name

Lively outsiders in that market are;

Ralph - 66/1

Marky - 100/1

Graham - 1,000/1

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #132793 on: April 23, 2018, 09:51:17 AM »

Great shout that one.

What price Zaha next season after his summer move to City?

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #132794 on: April 23, 2018, 10:00:26 AM »

Great shout that one.

What price Zaha next season after his summer move to City?

Yup, well done Plumpy.

He's been ignoring his duties Next Door though, he's supposed to be my Offensive Tackle when the Tinfoil Hat brigade go off on one.

Pages: 1 ... 8849 8850 8851 8852 [8853] 8854 8855 8856 8857 ... 9207 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: