blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:23:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8928 8929 8930 8931 [8932] 8933 8934 8935 8936 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13446092 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #133965 on: August 05, 2018, 09:51:24 AM »

Morning Mr T's.

Today sees the semi finals of the rugby league challenge cup. For 2 weeks I had been edging towards backing Catalans to beat St Helens, as St Helens have not looked like the free scoring side from the first 5 months of the season. However, Catalans suffered a massive blow this week with the banning of Greg Bird. He is their captain and organises the central defence. I think that James Roby will relish the opportunity to attack them from quick play-the-balls and his odds of 4 's to score a try anytime are too big. Without Bird the chances that we get another example of CESM's has increased exponentially.

Suggest £20 James Roby to score a try anytime @ 4-1 with betfred.

All aboard.

Thanks hector.

We have £20 @ 4/1 with Betfred, James Roby, Anytime Try Scorer.

BET PLACED

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #133966 on: August 05, 2018, 08:13:23 PM »

today Fulham line up as follows

Fabri,

Christie, Ream, Le Marchand, R. Sessegnon,

McDonald, Cairney (c),

Seri, Kamara, Schürrle,

Mitrović.

(Mawson to come)

much like Brighton last season who flirted with 10th for a long way at a good price,

is 6-1 top half finish feasible? i suggest they might be over-priced. there are 2-3 top half spots to go at and not much between the bottom 12 i suggest

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/to-finish-in-top-half

Agree it's worth an interest, Rich.

I know nothing of Fulham, and have no real confidence in my ante post views, but I have seen it tipped elsewhere, Racing Post I believe, so can't be far off, and i am on for a nibble myself.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #133967 on: August 08, 2018, 05:33:45 PM »

Just watched a 3 part interview on Star Sports YouTube channel. Guy who has made a living on Reality betting, not a bad watch. First part is here, others on on StarSport YouTube channel.

https://youtu.be/B1j0YmW_dXM
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #133968 on: August 08, 2018, 06:22:32 PM »

Rec time! Been waiting for this market, fred had some success in it last year so fingers crossed for a repeat.....

Pep Guardiola on Bernardo Silva after the Charity Shield; "Right now it’s Bernardo and 10 more, but it’s about what you do over the season. In this moment Bernardo is far above the other guys. Today the performance (of Bernardo) was a masterpiece."

High praise indeed, but he's well worthy of it. The lad is different gravy. Now he's had a year of English football under his belt he'll be even better. Pep has also hinted over summer that D.Silva won't be relied on as much as he has been previously, giving Bernardo the chance to shine through the middle, out wide, or even up front.

The good thing about YPOTY is that there isn't a huge amount of competition; top 5 in fave order are Sane, Jesus, Keita, Alli and Sterling (Silva is next)….

Sane is understandably the clear favourite but Pep has already claimed he needs to improve. He also might see less game time due to the arrival of Mahrez. As little as 5/1 just isn't value.
Jesus is a great player but again will be sharing duties with Aguero. Also more 'workmanlike' than your average Brazilian talent, a lot of his best attributes aren't flashy (workrate, off the ball movement etc)
Keita, new to the league. Bit of an unknown quantity. Very good player by all accounts.
Alli...meh. Not for me, certainly not at 9/1.
Sterling had the season of his life last year and still only came 3rd. Another who might see less game time thanks to Mahrez (his ongoing contract wranglings probably ain't helping either)

Outside of those 5 and Silva, there isn't really much realistic competition (compare this to the POTY market, where there are probably a dozen candidates who would fancy their chances, alongside a couple of longshots/wildcards).

Rec £20 on Bernardo Silva for YPOTY at 16/1 with PP (I can do this should the powers that be green light it). I'd have him much closer to single digits.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/pfa-young-player-of-the-year

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #133969 on: August 08, 2018, 06:42:41 PM »

Rec time! Been waiting for this market, fred had some success in it last year so fingers crossed for a repeat.....

Pep Guardiola on Bernardo Silva after the Charity Shield; "Right now it’s Bernardo and 10 more, but it’s about what you do over the season. In this moment Bernardo is far above the other guys. Today the performance (of Bernardo) was a masterpiece."

High praise indeed, but he's well worthy of it. The lad is different gravy. Now he's had a year of English football under his belt he'll be even better. Pep has also hinted over summer that D.Silva won't be relied on as much as he has been previously, giving Bernardo the chance to shine through the middle, out wide, or even up front.

The good thing about YPOTY is that there isn't a huge amount of competition; top 5 in fave order are Sane, Jesus, Keita, Alli and Sterling (Silva is next)….

Sane is understandably the clear favourite but Pep has already claimed he needs to improve. He also might see less game time due to the arrival of Mahrez. As little as 5/1 just isn't value.
Jesus is a great player but again will be sharing duties with Aguero. Also more 'workmanlike' than your average Brazilian talent, a lot of his best attributes aren't flashy (workrate, off the ball movement etc)
Keita, new to the league. Bit of an unknown quantity. Very good player by all accounts.
Sterling had the season of his life last year and still only came 3rd. Another who might see less game time thanks to Mahrez (his ongoing contract wranglings probably ain't helping either)

Outside of those 5 and Silva, there isn't really much realistic competition (compare this to the POTY market, where there are probably a dozen candidates who would fancy their chances, alongside a couple of longshots/wildcards).

Rec £20 on Bernardo Silva for YPOTY at 16/1 with PP (I can do this should the powers that be green light it). I'd have him much closer to single digits.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/pfa-young-player-of-the-year

As Tighty is not around, yes please Jon,

Do I still have credit? If not, let me know and I will send it across.

Thanks.

Plenty of updates as we go along, please, if you don't mind discussing Man City on here from time to time.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #133970 on: August 08, 2018, 06:52:41 PM »

As Tighty is not around, yes please Jon,

Do I still have credit? If not, let me know and I will send it across.

Thanks.

Plenty of updates as we go along, please, if you don't mind discussing Man City on here from time to time.

As tempting as it is to grim a pensioner, you still have £50 credit (which is now £30)

Guess I can do the odd City related post now and then as the season progresses.

Singles
English Premier League - PFA Young Player of the Year 2018/19

Bernardo Silva
16/1
Stake:
£20.00
Potential returns:
£340.00
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 06:58:57 PM by hhyftrftdr » Logged

Best Bitter.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #133971 on: August 08, 2018, 07:07:45 PM »

Just watched a 3 part interview on Star Sports YouTube channel. Guy who has made a living on Reality betting, not a bad watch. First part is here, others on on StarSport YouTube channel.

Incredible no name check of Lord Chompy in his 'contacts' list during the video!
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #133972 on: August 08, 2018, 07:22:31 PM »

Watched this earlier. Way too good.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #133973 on: August 08, 2018, 10:10:02 PM »

We backed Nathan Redmond at 14/1 last year for top Southampton league goalscorer which just about got over the line with 7 goals.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/southampton/top-league-goalscorer

Bet 365 have put him up at 16/1 this year.

Last year, Redmond placed 10th in the whole league for total shots (83). He placed 5th in the whole league for shots in the box (57). For comparison Dele Alli had 58 and Hazard had 56. He is just 23 so still lots of room to improve his finishing.

The front two in the market look very opposable. Gabbiadini has only scored more than 10 league goals once in his career. Charlie Austin does not suit the high pressing style that Pellegrino is expected to bring, has injury issues and may not start given we are expected to favour a 4-5-1.

For comparison WH seem to be the only other to have the market and have him at 8/1.

Recommend another £20 please if someone can get us on.

Remember that weird moment Pep shouted at Redmond on the pitch last year. He recognises true quality in a player.

Dig your fivers out from behind the sofa as Redmond is available at 20/1 this year for top Saints scorer!

This isn't a serious recommendation, I just can't help backing him every year.
Matt50

View Profile
« Reply #133974 on: August 10, 2018, 07:34:14 AM »

We have I think £50 on Newcastle to bear spurs tomorrow at 7/2.
This is now priced generally between 13/5 and 14/5, not as low as what I was expecting but combination of poor Newcastle pre season form, rows over bonuses and lack of transfer activity means they are not heavily fancied.
Still we have a bit of value though.....
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #133975 on: August 11, 2018, 09:06:24 AM »

Any thoughts on this?

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/league-1/blackpool-v-portsmouth/winner

Blackpool in turmoil, manager left under odd circumstances this week. Think this is a standout price on Portsmouth.
Newportlad

View Profile
« Reply #133976 on: August 11, 2018, 05:03:53 PM »

Any thoughts on this?

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/league-1/blackpool-v-portsmouth/winner

Blackpool in turmoil, manager left under odd circumstances this week. Think this is a standout price on Portsmouth.

Good shout Hutch
 thumbs up
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #133977 on: August 11, 2018, 08:34:07 PM »

Any thoughts on this?

Good shout Hutch
 thumbs up

Cheers pal, glad we won a few quid. Shame it fell on mostly deaf ears.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #133978 on: August 11, 2018, 09:24:26 PM »

Any thoughts on this?

Good shout Hutch
 thumbs up

Cheers pal, glad we won a few quid. Shame it fell on mostly deaf ears.

Was a great spot, well done, and I imagine a few got on thanks to you.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #133979 on: August 12, 2018, 11:39:27 AM »

If anyone's up for flicking in a football bet, a bit for me, a bit for thread, and a bit for themselves, please PM.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Pages: 1 ... 8928 8929 8930 8931 [8932] 8933 8934 8935 8936 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: