blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:34:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8942 8943 8944 8945 [8946] 8947 8948 8949 8950 ... 9207 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13331457 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #134175 on: September 09, 2018, 09:58:14 AM »

Anyone see the US Open Tennis Ladies Final?

Serena Williams went nuts, lost her head completely, was docked a point, then a game, before losing to the young Japanese lass, Naomi Osaka.

Saw her post match press conference.

Didn't see the chaos.

It was dreadful. I really don't like to see Umpires/referees etc spoken to that way.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #134176 on: September 09, 2018, 10:19:31 AM »

All came down to a small gesture her coach made with his hands. The umpire decided Serena was looking at him at the time and saw it, so interpreted it as coaching, which is against the rules.

Tennis does have a respect problem with umpires. I suspect part of that is poor decision making and the odd bit of grandstanding by those in chairs, but the number of - particularly senior and established - players we see having a pop at the official is unedifying.

The coach was interviewed after and, rather than denying it, said he was making the gesture because, just as players watching play every point, the coach coaches every point; he wasn't directing anything toward Serena and he hadn't appreciated she was looking.

So basically, he got spotted by the umpire, the umpire interpreted it as coaching (which he was entitled to do) and issued a proportionate penalty...then a second proportionate one when the player gave him earache.

I doubt Serena was actively cheating, but her coach gave the umpire a decision to make. Umpires sometimes make bad calls (see the disallowed goal last night at Wembley), but they can be understandable. This one was entirely avoidable by the coach not coaching with several million witnesses.

Notably, the coach in his interview added that Rafa's coach is often doing the same and nothing is ever given. Forgive me, but I've heard better defences.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #134177 on: September 09, 2018, 10:39:12 AM »

Looked like a pretty blatant case of cheating to me. He was coaching and got caught. Her reaction though was pathetic.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #134178 on: September 09, 2018, 10:42:14 AM »

All came down to a small gesture her coach made with his hands. The umpire decided Serena was looking at him at the time and saw it, so interpreted it as coaching, which is against the rules.

Tennis does have a respect problem with umpires. I suspect part of that is poor decision making and the odd bit of grandstanding by those in chairs, but the number of - particularly senior and established - players we see having a pop at the official is unedifying.

The coach was interviewed after and, rather than denying it, said he was making the gesture because, just as players watching play every point, the coach coaches every point; he wasn't directing anything toward Serena and he hadn't appreciated she was looking.

So basically, he got spotted by the umpire, the umpire interpreted it as coaching (which he was entitled to do) and issued a proportionate penalty...then a second proportionate one when the player gave him earache.

I doubt Serena was actively cheating, but her coach gave the umpire a decision to make. Umpires sometimes make bad calls (see the disallowed goal last night at Wembley), but they can be understandable. This one was entirely avoidable by the coach not coaching with several million witnesses.

Notably, the coach in his interview added that Rafa's coach is often doing the same and nothing is ever given. Forgive me, but I've heard better defences.

Perfectly summed up.

Serena tried to turn it into a "black women & women generally are discriminated against" thing. It was not that at all. Proper diva stuff imo. It's a variation on the old "is it cos I is black?" thing.

Semi-related, but did you see the Sandy Toksvig hoohah, when she made it known to "gasps from the audience" that she only received 40% of the fee that Stephen Fry used to get for hosting QI?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45460322

Given that Stephen is a zillion times more talented than Sandy, she can think herself lucky she gets that much. I'm all for equality & all that, but equality does not mean females must be paid the same as a male of greater ability or popularity, or, for that matter, vice-versa. It's bunkum of the highest order.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 11:02:26 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134179 on: September 09, 2018, 10:46:09 AM »

Alex Collins anytime TD scorer - Evens on Redzone - £30 bet please.

The Ravens are 7.5 point favourites against a pretty horrible Bills team, and the weather is expected to be pretty poor which generally means more ground game. I'm pretty sure he'll score tonight, only worry would be Javorius Allen vulturing, but Collins is the better RB there

TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #134180 on: September 09, 2018, 12:54:02 PM »

Perfectly summed up.

Serena tried to turn it into a "black women & women generally are discriminated against" thing. It was not that at all. Proper diva stuff imo. It's a variation on the old "is it cos I is black?" thing.

Semi-related, but did you see the Sandy Toksvig hoohah, when she made it known to "gasps from the audience" that she only received 40% of the fee that Stephen Fry used to get for hosting QI?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45460322

Given that Stephen is a zillion times more talented than Sandy, she can think herself lucky she gets that much. I'm all for equality & all that, but equality does not mean females must be paid the same as a male of greater ability or popularity, or, for that matter, vice-versa. It's bunkum of the highest order.

I think Sandy is very talanted and funny but I do agree with your general premise.
Fry is a bigger star and therefore should get a higher fee. Also Fry has been hosting for 13 years and has probably gotten numerous pay rises in that time frame, he possibly started on less than Sandy is one now. A lesser star should not come in and immediately be paid the same amount, she can ask for and get pay rises if the show continues to prosper.
Also she agreed to the fee, why didn't she just contact Fry and ask him how much he was paid, if she felt her talent was possibly not being compensated fairly?
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #134181 on: September 09, 2018, 04:56:11 PM »

It’s not a bad spot to bet everything (double max) on Rose at 2/1. He’s the best player, he’s in the lead and surely they give it to him if they can’t play.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #134182 on: September 09, 2018, 05:26:56 PM »

Thanks so much to Tal, Tighty and Cavey. I haven’t put so much work in as I did in the past but I don’t like the Vikes, the Bungles or the Pats. I really like the Steelers tonight and GOAT to deliver again at Green Bay.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #134183 on: September 09, 2018, 06:12:56 PM »

Alex Collins anytime TD scorer - Evens on Redzone - £30 bet please.

The Ravens are 7.5 point favourites against a pretty horrible Bills team, and the weather is expected to be pretty poor which generally means more ground game. I'm pretty sure he'll score tonight, only worry would be Javorius Allen vulturing, but Collins is the better RB there

Easy money. Well done.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #134184 on: September 09, 2018, 06:32:28 PM »

It’s not a bad spot to bet everything (double max) on Rose at 2/1. He’s the best player, he’s in the lead and surely they give it to him if they can’t play.

bets void under these circumstances.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #134185 on: September 09, 2018, 07:44:09 PM »

Anyone else like Del Potro @2/1+ this evening?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #134186 on: September 09, 2018, 09:09:21 PM »

Yup, I'm on at 2/1. Nigel Seeley over at B-E had been on Novak pre tournament, but has gone with Potro tonight. I'm not on Novak though.

GL us all.

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #134187 on: September 09, 2018, 10:11:37 PM »

bets void under these circumstances.

Tournament winner bets? Are you sure?
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #134188 on: September 09, 2018, 10:22:41 PM »

Yup, I'm on at 2/1. Nigel Seeley over at B-E had been on Novak pre tournament, but has gone with Potro tonight. I'm not on Novak though.

GL us all.

I don't like the trend..

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #134189 on: September 10, 2018, 02:09:12 AM »

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jason-cummings-smashes-up-flat-13217179

Oh, these young kids with their hand tattoos and furniture-smashing antics.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Pages: 1 ... 8942 8943 8944 8945 [8946] 8947 8948 8949 8950 ... 9207 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: