blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:49:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272623 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Independence Referendum
Poll
Question: Do you agree that Scotland should be an independent country?
Yes - because it would be better for the Scots
Yes - because the rest of the UK would be better off without the Scots
Don't really know
Don't care
No, the Union is a good thing

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 ... 114 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Independence Referendum  (Read 191468 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1230 on: September 14, 2014, 09:07:41 AM »

Just like to balance the daily report and say it's been a great day for the no voters. I haven't looked at any polls I have punted my tits off all day and haven't chapped on any doors in Coventry whilst laying the 25/25 at the Ricoh without bing in Scotland but we are still an 80/20 fav on bf. just how the realists like it. GL kmac keep talking the shite as they say north of the border the southern judgs will keep hoovering the cash whilst u do the leg work. 6 more days before u go back to 50 years of posh boy rule! Just make sure u work hard enough to make sure the no vote don't get more than 55% and you will get your crate of irn bru! Good lad!

Presume you were talking about yourself there?

Since when has stoke been in the south i am talking about the real judges!

When talking about England and Scotland (you mention the border a the dividing line), Newcastle upon Tyne is in the South, so Stoke certainly is.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: September 14, 2014, 10:30:05 AM »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scottish-independence/11090512/Alex-Salmond-youre-noNelson-Mandela-Scotland-is-free-already.html
Somerled

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1232 on: September 14, 2014, 10:48:16 AM »

Just like to balance the daily report and say it's been a great day for the no voters. I haven't looked at any polls I have punted my tits off all day and haven't chapped on any doors in Coventry whilst laying the 25/25 at the Ricoh without bing in Scotland but we are still an 80/20 fav on bf. just how the realists like it. GL kmac keep talking the shite as they say north of the border the southern judgs will keep hoovering the cash whilst u do the leg work. 6 more days before u go back to 50 years of posh boy rule! Just make sure u work hard enough to make sure the no vote don't get more than 55% and you will get your crate of irn bru! Good lad!

When talking about England and Scotland (you mention the border a the dividing line), Newcastle upon Tyne is in the South, so Stoke certainly is.

That's what I was going to say!

As well as the fact that nobody up here wants "50 years of posh boy rule" that's not why we're voting no. There will be change up here, thankfully, hopefully leading to change all across the UK to improve our system of Governance. Most of us simply don't believe that the Independence offered provides the solution at all, and will in fact cause more problems than it solves.
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: September 14, 2014, 12:21:36 PM »

There will be change up here, thankfully, hopefully leading to change all across the UK to improve our system of Governance.

Deluded. 

Gordon Brown would rather see a UKIP/Tory coalition than an independent Scotland, that says it all. 
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: September 14, 2014, 12:32:30 PM »

The BBC will probably forget to show this as they did the 30,000 people on Buchanan St yesterday. 

But the crowds start to gather at George Sq for the march and rally against the BBC bias in the referendum, the marchers will leave George Squar at just after 12:30 and head to BBC Scotland at pacific quay.

https://www.glasgow.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=2983
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: September 14, 2014, 12:36:09 PM »

It's all a conspiracy I tell ya!  Roll Eyes
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: September 14, 2014, 12:40:58 PM »

The BBC will probably forget to show this as they did the 30,000 people on Buchanan St yesterday. 

But the crowds start to gather at George Sq for the march and rally against the BBC bias in the referendum, the marchers will leave George Squar at just after 12:30 and head to BBC Scotland at pacific quay.

Excellent. Keep all gathering together, we will keep spreading around and talking to people. The people whose votes are not in the bag.
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: September 14, 2014, 12:50:38 PM »

It's all a conspiracy I tell ya!  Roll Eyes

Not a conspiracy just fact as was backed up by the West of Scotland University.  

But then why show a day of hope, when you can drag out all sorts of waifs, strays, bigots and racists in Edinburgh marching with their "no popery" banners.  

One represents the future, one represents the past.  

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: September 14, 2014, 12:59:34 PM »

I have no doubt if you don't win it will be the fault of Westminster, the BBC, in fact a whole host of reasons the English have been interfering lol. You are too funny with all your conspiracies and propaganda mate, made for a great thread though and given me a good laugh  Cheesy
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: September 14, 2014, 01:04:52 PM »

we will keep spreading around and talking to people. The people whose votes are not in the bag.

That's the approach that I take and pretty much all of my mates do to, talking to people, having conversations about the Ref and it works really well. I've been in Aberdeen all weekend and am genuinely surprised at how pro Yes it is albeit this  is just based on talking to people around the town, i had a really interesting conversation with a guy who works in the oil industry who through the specific type of work that he does says that there is currently 60 to 70 years of easily accessible oil reserves out there. He was very matter a fact about it and not ranting or raving at all.

Buchanan Street in Glasgow looked fantastic yesterday, this isn't over by any stretch of the imagination.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: September 14, 2014, 01:07:14 PM »

I have no doubt if you don't win it will be the fault of Westminster, the BBC, in fact a whole host of reasons the English have been interfering lol. You are too funny with all your conspiracies and propaganda mate, made for a great thread though and given me a good laugh  Cheesy

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: September 14, 2014, 01:09:10 PM »

Au contraire, been a great thread and superb entertainment. 
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: September 14, 2014, 01:17:22 PM »

To be fair he is right about the Orange march.  I honestly never thought that they No campaign would be able to top having mssrs Cameron, Milliband and Clegg jet up for a day in terms of own goals but nothing quite says "we are stuck in the past and are going to celebrate having colonised you and rub it in your face for another 300 years" as well as a bunch of Orangemen marching through your city centre.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: September 14, 2014, 01:21:18 PM »

To be fair he is right about the Orange march.  I honestly never thought that they No campaign would be able to top having mssrs Cameron, Milliband and Clegg jet up for a day in terms of own goals but nothing quite says "we are stuck in the past and are going to celebrate having colonised you and rub it in your face for another 300 years" as well as a bunch of Orangemen marching through your city centre.

Have to agree.  Showing that is only ever going to favour one side, it isn't the no campaign.  Damn biassed BBC.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Somerled

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1244 on: September 14, 2014, 01:25:05 PM »

There will be change up here, thankfully, hopefully leading to change all across the UK to improve our system of Governance.

Deluded. 

Gordon Brown would rather see a UKIP/Tory coalition than an independent Scotland, that says it all. 

There is not a shred of evidence to suggest that there will be a UKIP/Tory Coalition. In fact, the latest poll suggested that labour would have a 90odd majority and UKIP would have Zero Mps. But why let these pesky facts get in the way.

Still no explanation on why you "believe" that the UK isn't a country.

Or indeed an embarrassing retraction of the video you posted of the world's media cheering Salmond, when as you well knew at the time, it was the Yes Campaign cheerleaders clapping whilst the world's media looked on bemused as to why this was happening at a "Press" Conference. Pesky facts.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 ... 114 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: