blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:51:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Independence Referendum
Poll
Question: Do you agree that Scotland should be an independent country?
Yes - because it would be better for the Scots
Yes - because the rest of the UK would be better off without the Scots
Don't really know
Don't care
No, the Union is a good thing

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 ... 114 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Independence Referendum  (Read 191357 times)
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: September 17, 2014, 10:09:35 PM »

For the love of all that is sacred, they have installed a projector and are playing braveheart against my wall

I have no words left

Unbelievable scenes  Cheesy
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: September 17, 2014, 10:13:55 PM »

From reading this thread I make the breakdown of those who actually have a vote

YES
KMac, Rod, Double up, Eck, Forth Thistle, Billy, Teacake. mickyp

NO
Somerled, maccol, OTB (cancelled out by his mad neighbours)  Wink

Undecided
Iron

Not arsed
celtic

I'll obviously have missed a few feel free to add.
im definitely a yes now

Nice one Micky, added now

8 - 3 - 1
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: September 17, 2014, 10:19:13 PM »

From reading this thread I make the breakdown of those who actually have a vote

YES
KMac, Rod, Double up, Eck, Forth Thistle, Billy, Teacake.

NO
Somerled, maccol, OTB (cancelled out by his mad neighbours)  Wink

Undecided
Iron

Not arsed
celtic

I'll obviously have missed a few feel free to add.

Celtic doesn't have a vote, does he?

vinny has moved north i believe

I didn't register to vote.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: September 17, 2014, 10:24:12 PM »

My outsider thinking is that don't knows will be more likey no then yes. That seems the logical thing for me

My Scottish colleague I'm with today tells me a good proportion of the quiet ones not giving away what they will vote with be no's. The yes vote campaigners are being pretty aggressive so many are reluctant to admit to being a no.

Blimey. I don't see any evidence of this.....

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: September 17, 2014, 10:35:32 PM »

My outsider thinking is that don't knows will be more likey no then yes. That seems the logical thing for me

My Scottish colleague I'm with today tells me a good proportion of the quiet ones not giving away what they will vote with be no's. The yes vote campaigners are being pretty aggressive so many are reluctant to admit to being a no.

Blimey. I don't see any evidence of this.....

seen it on both sides but more so from the yes side to such an extent that no voters are avoiding debate

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Somerled

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1385 on: September 17, 2014, 10:38:24 PM »

For the love of all that is sacred, they have installed a projector and are playing braveheart against my wall

I have no words left

Unbelievable scenes  Cheesy

That is absolutely brilliant!!!

Someone stuck a campaign sign up on a lamppost right outside the polling station last night, whilst removing the other sides ones from elsewhere in the village. Laws don't seem to apply. It's gone now. 😃
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1386 on: September 17, 2014, 10:39:15 PM »

Getting a wee bit fed up with this now. For every bit of bad behaviour by a yes supporter I could find you evidence of far worse on the other side. The media have behaved very poorly throughout this in portraying it 1. as an issue at all (even a senior police officer had to make a statement today about it) and 2. that it is only one side that has a few idiots.

Social media has been quite a revelation to me throughout this just makes me wonder what bullshit we have been fed in the past that we have naively lapped up.
Somerled

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1387 on: September 17, 2014, 10:44:17 PM »

One thing I'm genuinely fascinated about is the betting. Betunfair seem so confident in their exchanges - to be fair they did a much better job of the US election than the pollsters without any customers - but I don't see how they can be so sure.

I'm off to the USA soon to sell them beer. I may have no idea what price I'm going to sell them it, and no Embassy to go to too. Ah well, let's wait and see.
Somerled

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1388 on: September 17, 2014, 10:45:47 PM »

Getting a wee bit fed up with this now. For every bit of bad behaviour by a yes supporter I could find you evidence of far worse on the other side. The media have behaved very poorly throughout this in portraying it 1. as an issue at all (even a senior police officer had to make a statement today about it) and 2. that it is only one side that has a few idiots.

Social media has been quite a revelation to me throughout this just makes me wonder what bullshit we have been fed in the past that we have naively lapped up.

I've ignored the media on this and only gone with what I've seen and heard myself. It's been 100% one way.
You may choose not to believe that, I don't particularly care.
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1389 on: September 17, 2014, 10:55:00 PM »

I've ignored the media on this and only gone with what I've seen and heard myself. It's been 100% one way.
You may choose not to believe that, I don't particularly care.

I was typing that while you were posting so wasn't directed towards you in particular.

I don't doubt you when you say that is what you have witnessed personally and also that you don't particularly care although why you feel the need to make the point I don't know.
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: September 17, 2014, 10:57:06 PM »

I think you pick one of my main concerns iron.

KMAC paints the positive of a blank canvas but this can go as easily wrong. You have a number of conflicting ideas on the table and a lot of promises to keep. Budgeting is fine on paper, in practice it is a lot harder.

Whilst around 50% will likely be unhappy with a no, I would suggest closer to 95% will be disappointed by a yes. The suggestions made in polling have picked ideas that span parties and the chance of forming agreeable parties to run the full gambit is slight. With that level of disaffection the opportunity for an unpalatable party being elected is a real danger. If this process has taught us anything the power of social media and propoganda is going to be a force to be reckoned with.

My second point relates to the freedom the union gives us and our families and future generations. When I was 25 I got offered a job in London which I took at 3 days notice. I packed my stuff and moved down. I met lots of lifelong friends and after 5 years due to personal reasons again I was home as quick as I left. Whilst KMAC wants scots to stay I would rather they had the freedom to explore see the world and come back stronger. There is 400k English in Scotland (I think I saw) so that works both ways. This will stop, the great trade in ideas and resource will be curtailed by EU cross border controls. I have seen the union from both sides and I do not believe we are as marginalised as some may believe.

Salmond mentioned a lot about maintaining links, joint voices in Europe, close relations, the best way to protect our relations is not to sever them.

I would strongly prefer my children (touch wood) are raised to be scottish and British as it has done me no harm. I will abide by the decision regardless I just hope we get a great turn out and get it right.

OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: September 17, 2014, 10:59:04 PM »

I agree this fully. I have seen the worst of both.  Any large group will have it's undesirables.

I just got offered round for the film lol.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: September 17, 2014, 11:03:58 PM »

eck, whats happening on the streets and on social media will be greatly effected by the area you and your friends live

somerled and i are both up north and we are going to have a much different experience to whats happening down south

not long ago i had a debate with rod after my local labour councilor had to offer an apology after his mum had posted on  twitter about
running the yes campaigners from the village fete, teh report of running them out of town with a flea in there ear was exaggerated
but sure enough the yes campaigners did feel threaten.
but for every yes campaigner feeling threatened in this area i can relay your 1 to 2 stories of no campaigners feeling threatened
somerled is further west and the no/yes votes are likely to be closer there, down south in the central belt where you are
you are going to get a totally different view from the street than us mad highlanders

Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1393 on: September 17, 2014, 11:24:33 PM »

Read that about three times Iron, think you are probably making a similar point to me but hey who knows.... Cheesy
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: September 17, 2014, 11:27:26 PM »

for those thinking that the yes vote will be closer to 40% than 50% just remember at the last scottish election the snp got 44% of the vote on the list
and 45.4% on the Constituency
and there is a large number of people that voted for a party other than the snp that are voting yes

ok yes there is going to be a much larger turn out and there is also going to be 16-18 voting i think the 16-18 year olds are largely in favour of yes

i certainly cant see the yes vote being below 40% and think the 45%+ bets are in great shape

roll on 2 am tomorrow when the first results start to come in going to be an exciting night
and we have the NFL being played too

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 ... 114 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: