blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 10:36:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272775 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 ... 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 610741 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: June 01, 2015, 11:58:46 PM »

As an outsider looking in, it seems the team looks far more dangerous when Walcott can be accommodated.  I assume his new contract will be tied up?

It may well be coincidence as his career has been punctuated by many many injuries but he does seem to produce his best stuff when his contract is up for renewal.

He usually looks best as an impact player and even in the Cup Final appeared somewhat ineffective until he scored.

This for me. I can't work out whether he's fed up at not being played as a striker, but surely he'd just be angling for a move somewhere if that were the case?

I've always rated Koscielny, but I think it's a keeper, a CB and a striker before you can threaten Chelsea. Coquelin is adequate in the DM role and the attacking midfield options have always been good for your boys. Compare the strikers you have to Costa and you need improvement there.

Out of interest, Berbatov is available on a free next month. Would Wenger consider someone like that? Proven goalscorer, comes cheap and holds the ball up as well as anyone out there. Ideal to link up to your midfielders. Serious question.

I see United being very competitive at the top in 2016-17, after van Gaal sorts out the dross. Citeh might have a new boss then, too. Chelsea will have the champions league as their focus and Arsenal might have a chance for a run, if they make improvements to the squad.

Is it time to sell some of the silver? Wilshere? Ox? Giroud? Could get a few quid from those three without weakening the first team.

Obviously, I'd rather you kept everything as it is Smiley

I'd say it's far more likely that Walcott goes than any of those three, although should a world-class alternative to Giroud become available he might be vulnerable but I can't think of any that really fit the bill.

Walcott for Sterling in some kind of swap would not surprise me that much.

Cech would surprise me greatly but I'm still a Szczesney fan-boy. I'm sure he's learned a harsh lesson this season being mostly a bench-warmer and I expect him to strut his stuff in 15/16.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: June 03, 2015, 07:30:33 PM »

Van Persie?

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: June 03, 2015, 10:12:42 PM »

Van Persie?

Would never happen, reckon he's easily the most hated out of all who have left arsenal in recent times
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: June 03, 2015, 10:28:22 PM »

What about Jack getting charged by the FA for virtually FA?

Since when is suggesting that sp*rs might be shit during a celebration parade after winning the cup a chargeable offence?

"What do we think of sp*rs?" asked Jack, "shit" answered the fans.

"What do we think of shit?" asked Jack, "sp*rs" replied the fans.

What do we think of the FA? say I.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: June 03, 2015, 11:18:14 PM »

Since when is suggesting that sp*rs might be shit during a celebration parade after winning the cup a chargeable offence?

Completely agree. No spurs fans there; it was a parade for arsenal fans and the chants weren't gratuitous. Not like he was singing some of the unspeakable stuff spurs fans get from rival teams at times.

Daft decision to charge him for that.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: June 04, 2015, 12:13:41 AM »

Pretty daft of him to do it tho. Why bring them into it? Just celebrate your own success

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: June 04, 2015, 12:28:26 AM »

Pretty daft of him to do it tho. Why bring them into it? Just celebrate your own success

It's called being a fan George, which Jack is as well as being a player for us.

Would you like me to trawl through some of the daft things that you have said over the years about clubs other than your own which you have not been up on an FA charge for?

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: June 04, 2015, 12:33:17 AM »

Would you like me to trawl through some of the daft things that you have said over the years about clubs other than your own which you have not been up on an FA charge for?

No it's not being called a fan. He is a footballer first and foremost whether he likes it or not. I'm not saying it warrants a charge just saying it's childish, immature and needless

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: June 04, 2015, 12:46:43 AM »

No it's not being called a fan. He is a footballer first and foremost whether he likes it or not. I'm not saying it warrants a charge just saying it's childish, immature and needless

Glad to hear that you agree with me.

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: June 04, 2015, 12:52:28 AM »

Glad to hear that you agree with me.

My criticism of other teams, including my own is nothing but my opinion. I try and have an objective view not just blindly follow the decisions of a manager whether good or bad

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1030 on: June 04, 2015, 01:45:52 PM »

He was warned by the FA for doing exactly the same thing last year - weather you agree with the rule or not he is a bit thick for trying it again and not expecting to be punished.

But looking at how much he was staggering when taking the mic I am surprised he could even remember he played for Arsenal or had won the cup the day before.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: June 04, 2015, 09:27:35 PM »

What do we think of G2L?

What do we think of Nakor?

Nobody is denying that Jack might not be the sharpest tool in the box but he is certainly singled out by the daily fail and rest of the gutter press who in turn are followed sheepishly my many disenchanted opposition fans hanging on their every word.

What do you puritans out there think that Jack's punishment should be?

What do we think of shit?

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: June 04, 2015, 09:32:19 PM »

why is it even an FA issue?  It wasn't on the field of play.  If he said that in a pub with his mates would the FA get involved?  He was having a bit of friendly banter with his customers what is wrong with that?  Is the game that PC now that this is even an issue?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 09:41:13 PM by arbboy » Logged
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: June 04, 2015, 09:39:17 PM »

What do we think of G2L?

Nobody is denying that Jack might not be the sharpest tool in the box but he is certainly singled out by the daily fail and rest of the gutter press who in turn are followed sheepishly my many disenchanted opposition fans hanging on their every word.

I really don't get your point Ralph. I'm not talking about the reaction of anyone just think his actions were unnecessary.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: June 04, 2015, 10:03:59 PM »

What do we think of G2L?

I really don't get your point Ralph. I'm not talking about the reaction of anyone just think his actions were unnecessary.

You seem determined to stick your controversial oar in about all things Arsenal George, especially in the last couple of years since your lot have struggled.

I used to enjoy the footie banter with you as I have known you and liked you as a person for many years IRL but these days sometimes you even sound like a bit of a keyboard warrior so cutting are your comments on this thread.

Maybe you should start using smileys if you are in fact whoooshing me.

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 ... 279 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: