blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:20:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 ... 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 605081 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1050 on: June 06, 2015, 11:11:18 PM »

Arsenal get £3mil for a team winning the Champions League. What a cracking clause for them!

vermalen?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/arsenal-to-receive-3m-if-barcelona-win-champions-league-thanks-clause-in-thomas-vermaelen-transfer-10250909.html

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: June 08, 2015, 11:52:29 AM »

Got to say number 1 is very funny.

Doubt if he meant it to be funny. But brilliant nonetheless.

http://sabotagetimes.com/sport/17-sol-campbell-quotes-every-spurs-and-arsenal-fan-must-read

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: June 10, 2015, 03:01:16 PM »

Free transfers
Ajayi Oluwasemilogo Adesewo
Diaby Vassiriki Abou
Jebb Jack
Lipman Austin
Miyaichi Ryo
Ormonde-Ottewill Brandon
Vickers Josh

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2015-16/jun/100615-premier-league-clubs-submit-retained-and-released-lists.html

Arsenal have played 537 first team matches since Abou Diaby joined the club - he earned an estimated £20million for playing in 182 of them.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: June 10, 2015, 03:14:21 PM »

Free transfers
Diaby Vassiriki Abou
Jebb Jack
Lipman Austin
Miyaichi Ryo
Ormonde-Ottewill Brandon
Vickers Josh

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2015-16/jun/100615-premier-league-clubs-submit-retained-and-released-lists.html

Arsenal have played 537 first team matches since Abou Diaby joined the club - he earned an estimated £20million for playing in 182 of them.

Surprised he actually played that much. There is a whole host of players that have stolen a living playing way less than 1 in 3 over 9 years.
And what a talent he was when fit.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: June 10, 2015, 04:21:22 PM »

A thug called Dan Smith who now works in a call-centre robbed Diaby of what might have been a great career with a deliberately rash challenge in the final minutes of a game that Sunderland were losing 3-0. All of his subsequent injuries are related to that incident.

It's a very sad story of a guy who has worked his socks of to get back to full fitness after each successive injury, only to break down again after a game or two. He did this for years, imagine the guy's determination. I don't begrudge him a penny.

He still managed a few glimpses of what might have been notably in a MOTM performance at Anfield 2/3 years ago.

I wish Abu Diaby the best of luck and hope he finds a run of good fitness.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: June 10, 2015, 04:35:38 PM »

Free transfers
Diaby Vassiriki Abou
Jebb Jack
Lipman Austin
Miyaichi Ryo
Ormonde-Ottewill Brandon
Vickers Josh

Surprised he actually played that much. There is a whole host of players that have stolen a living playing way less than 1 in 3 over 9 years.

Wilson Palacois must be right up there for Stoke and the latter end of his Spurs contract over the past 5/6 years.
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: June 10, 2015, 05:10:26 PM »

Free transfers
Diaby Vassiriki Abou
Jebb Jack
Lipman Austin
Miyaichi Ryo
Ormonde-Ottewill Brandon
Vickers Josh

Wilson Palacois must be right up there for Stoke and the latter end of his Spurs contract over the past 5/6 years.

Kieron Dyer, Mickey Owen, Winston Bogarde all spring to mind.
The Bogarde one is particularly good!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winston_Bogarde
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 05:13:08 PM by TheDazzler » Logged
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: June 10, 2015, 05:11:17 PM »

Palacios had very good reason fr completely losing his game tbf
 his brother kidnapped held to ransom and then murdered even though he paid a substantial ransom.

You can completely link his loss of form at spurs to the very week this happened so seems to much to be a Co incidence
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: June 10, 2015, 05:13:40 PM »

Palacios had very good reason fr completely losing his game tbf
 his brother kidnapped held to ransom and then murdered even though he paid a substantial ransom.

You can completely link his loss of form at spurs to the very week this happened so seems to much to be a Co incidence

A couple of Stoke fans i know think he is closer to 50 than 35 looks wise having sat on his table at the end of season awards a couple of years ago.  Looks like a case of a dodgy ID/passport for his age for me.  ala Roger Miller for Cameroon.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: June 10, 2015, 05:15:56 PM »

Possibly that as well

That would explain a regression last two seasons but he literally went after that happened, and I can't really blame him.

Think it is a bit forgotten how good he was in some games at spurs ran the game at old Trafford springs to mind.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: June 10, 2015, 05:20:26 PM »

Possibly that as well

That would explain a regression last two seasons but he literally went after that happened, and I can't really blame him.

Think it is a bit forgotten how good he was in some games at spurs ran the game at old Trafford springs to mind.

I remember that year well he had at Spurs before he joined Stoke.  One of my mates who used to bet football for a living and had a seriously detailed individual players rating system and had him down as one of the most effective players in the EPL that season and one of the biggest 'misses' in the league (ie the price should move more when he is out etc) when he didn't play although the market rarely mirrored the fact.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: June 10, 2015, 05:23:00 PM »

Yep sure he was back then.

I finally listened to a podcast on the kidnap a few weeks ago I'll find the link when I am back home tomorrow if you like.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: June 18, 2015, 06:16:32 PM »

Africa's richest man, Nigeria's Dangote, plans to bid for Arsenal soccer club http://reut.rs/1IRl0Pi

My eyes are open wide
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: June 18, 2015, 06:33:35 PM »

Africa's richest man, Nigeria's Dangote, plans to bid for Arsenal soccer club http://reut.rs/1IRl0Pi

It's an old story I believe, I've certainly seen similar to it before.

The trouble is that neither Kroenke nor Uzmanov, who might both be richer than the Nigerian, wish to sell to each other let alone a third party.

And just to save your fingertips Jack's not going to citeh either.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: June 22, 2015, 05:17:41 PM »

He'll strengthen them for sure, He'll save them 12 to 15 points a season" John Terry on Petr Cech to Arsenal.

great signing for the next two years isn't it?

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 ... 279 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: