blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:41:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 ... 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 605234 times)
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: June 04, 2015, 10:39:10 PM »

How is saying he shouldn't have said anything cutting? I'd be saying exactly the same if it was a United player saying something about City/Liverpool

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: June 04, 2015, 10:49:53 PM »

I hadn't realised he'd been warned about it by the FA last year. That being the case, doing it again and expecting a better result is pretty dopey.

I still don't think there's any real harm in it, but if he was told not to do something by his professional regulator and did that thing, he deserves to be punished.

As to arbboy's question, I'd expect anything a player does which could damage the image of football in England would be within their jurisdiction. Same thing for hippy crack (and the other names Chris Morris contemplated using in his BrassEye special), punching people in a nightclub, appearing on stage with the KKK and anything in between. Some of it will be criminal (public order offences or worse). But some will be just below that threshold yet would still be detrimental to the professional game. The regulator should have jurisdiction there.

I suppose it's a bit like when Manu Tuilagi used a gumshield with the wrong brand on it. Feels ridiculous but if he's been told not to do it and he does it, he gets punished and can't complain.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: June 05, 2015, 12:19:44 AM »

My man Arseblog's vision of the future.

http://arseblog.com/2015/06/the-way-things-are-going/

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: June 05, 2015, 12:24:30 AM »

Jack should be hauled in front of the FA to explain his tackling technique, not because he had some bantz with the fans.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: June 05, 2015, 12:53:15 AM »

What do we think of G2L?

What do we think of Nakor?

Nobody is denying that Jack might not be the sharpest tool in the box but he is certainly singled out by the daily fail and rest of the gutter press who in turn are followed sheepishly my many disenchanted opposition fans hanging on their every word.

What do you puritans out there think that Jack's punishment should be?

What do we think of shit?

I really don't get your point Ralph. I'm not talking about the reaction of anyone just think his actions were unnecessary.

You seem determined to stick your controversial oar in about all things Arsenal George, especially in the last couple of years since your lot have struggled.

I used to enjoy the footie banter with you as I have known you and liked you as a person for many years IRL but these days sometimes you even sound like a bit of a keyboard warrior so cutting are your comments on this thread.

Maybe you should start using smileys if you are in fact whoooshing me.

I think you're being slightly touchy and a bit harsh on poor George.. tbf, George has only said things more or less along the lines I saw this. Definitely crass and boorish rather than banter for me. Easy to forgive and pointless charging him with anything in particular - just needs Wenger to sit him down and talk to him about showing a little more class.

sola virtus nobilitat
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1040 on: June 05, 2015, 12:23:15 PM »

What do we think of G2L?

Nobody is denying that Jack might not be the sharpest tool in the box but he is certainly singled out by the daily fail and rest of the gutter press who in turn are followed sheepishly my many disenchanted opposition fans hanging on their every word.

I thought this was a thread where I could have a say about my team, judge other fans reaction and opinion?

I was just trying to point out he was a bit thick to think he would get away with something he was warned for last year.
Personally don't think he should be punished but I don't make the rules.  He knew the risks and should suck it up in my opinion.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: June 05, 2015, 12:54:29 PM »

What do we think of G2L?

I thought this was a thread where I could have a say about my team, judge other fans reaction and opinion?

I was just trying to point out he was a bit thick to think he would get away with something he was warned for last year.
Personally don't think he should be punished but I don't make the rules.  He knew the risks and should suck it up in my opinion.

I agree with you Adam, it was a bit thick, but we all know that Jack is a bit thick.

I think the FA have far more serious stuff to charge and fine people for than having a bit of fun with his own fans. For starters they could investigate the foul pedophile chants that AW has had to endure for years when he visits many grounds, especially away to manure.

As far as I know they have never even acknowledged the problem.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: June 05, 2015, 01:17:56 PM »

Just for clarity I also think singing songs about paedophiles is wrong. Hopefully this doesn't make me a keyboard warrior

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: June 05, 2015, 01:52:46 PM »

A strange tweet from the official Arsenal account this morning.

Why are they giving updates on players that play for other teams? Expect to see this sort of thing in the local rag, not from official sources. At least tap players up behind the scenes. Make a proper offer and leave the media to do the gossiping.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: June 05, 2015, 02:32:20 PM »

Don't express a negative opinion about arsenal on this thread. It's not allowed

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: June 05, 2015, 03:12:11 PM »

A strange tweet from the official Arsenal account this morning.

Why are they giving updates on players that play for other teams? Expect to see this sort of thing in the local rag, not from official sources. At least tap players up behind the scenes. Make a proper offer and leave the media to do the gossiping.

I found it very odd when the official site started a "transfer gossip" column.

Plenty of fans have many and various complaints about the official site which is by no means the voice of the fans, more the corporate publicity arm of AFC. I personally almost never visit the official site these days.

Disagreeing with stuff on the official site is not considered to be treason.

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: June 05, 2015, 04:11:00 PM »

Agree with Ralph, G2L a bit of a nob in the Liverpool thread too Smiley

Always good for a laugh IRL tho

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: June 06, 2015, 10:48:27 PM »

Arsenal get £3mil for a team winning the Champions League. What a cracking clause for them!

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: June 06, 2015, 11:07:15 PM »

Arsenal get £3mil for a team winning the Champions League. What a cracking clause for them!

What clause is that?
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: June 06, 2015, 11:10:12 PM »

vermalen?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 ... 279 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: