blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:57:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 ... 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 604985 times)
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #2445 on: February 18, 2017, 06:05:00 PM »

Arsenal tube station

Click to see full-size image.

Top 4, FA cups, long term financial security, solid youth system and our rivals constantly in our shadow.

We are an entitled bunch aren't we? Cheesy
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: February 18, 2017, 06:33:49 PM »

"Our rivals constantly in our shadows" is the reason you are where you are now. Aspiring to be just a bit better than Spurs, who are a nothing good club anyway, is such a weak mentality. You just got arseholed in the biggest match of the season but are content because Spurs got beat in a weaker competition. Your rivals should be Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barca but your happy to be slightly better than Spurs. If Spurs came 17th you'd be wanking over being 16th.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: February 18, 2017, 06:55:12 PM »

Well let's face it has to have a wank over something.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: February 19, 2017, 12:58:54 AM »

"Our rivals constantly in our shadows" is the reason you are where you are now. Aspiring to be just a bit better than Spurs, who are a nothing good club anyway, is such a weak mentality. You just got arseholed in the biggest match of the season but are content because Spurs got beat in a weaker competition. Your rivals should be Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barca but your happy to be slightly better than Spurs. If Spurs came 17th you'd be wanking over being 16th.

As Bart Simpson would say, the ironing is delicious Smiley

Best Bitter.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: February 19, 2017, 02:16:38 AM »

Not really, but yeah it is obviously a bonus to be ahead of Spurs every season. It's only recently it's not been a practical certainty.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: February 19, 2017, 09:18:39 AM »

Indeed.
Must be a case of Thursday night fever.  Wink

At least Arsenal earned the right to qualify for their last 16 CL elimination. United have only reached the last 16  twice in the last 6 years....
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: February 19, 2017, 11:16:19 AM »

Indeed.

At least Arsenal earned the right to qualify for their last 16 CL elimination. United have only reached the last 16  twice in the last 6 years....
I'd like to see a change, partly,  because the impression I have ( whether right or wrong) is that the coaching team he surrounds himself never seem as influential as at other clubs. Despite this ,  i think you're right in the main that the level of abuse is unwarranted for someone with his achievements.

sola virtus nobilitat
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: February 19, 2017, 11:20:58 AM »

Indeed.
Must be a case of Thursday night fever.  Wink

At least Arsenal earned the right to qualify for their last 16 CL elimination. United have only reached the last 16  twice in the last 6 years....
I'd like to see a change, partly,  because the impression I have ( whether right or wrong) is that the coaching team he surrounds himself never seem as influential as at other clubs. Despite this ,  i think you're right in the main that the level of abuse is unwarranted for someone with his achievements.

And it seems to be assumed that a change of Manager will always yield instant results, but as we have seen at Man U, where they changed Managers several times & spent hundreds of millions, that's not a given.

The Jury is still out at Man City, too, I would assume.

Both Manchester clubs have made a lot of noise, spent a bomb & rotated Managers. Has it yielded the desired results?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 11:39:21 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: February 19, 2017, 05:31:00 PM »

Personally I have seen the same thing for so long now, that I would almost welcome the Fairs Cup, or a relegation battle. Anything rather than the same thing year after year. My life is too short.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: February 19, 2017, 05:36:58 PM »

Indeed.

At least Arsenal earned the right to qualify for their last 16 CL elimination. United have only reached the last 16  twice in the last 6 years....
I'd like to see a change, partly,  because the impression I have ( whether right or wrong) is that the coaching team he surrounds himself never seem as influential as at other clubs. Despite this ,  i think you're right in the main that the level of abuse is unwarranted for someone with his achievements.

And it seems to be assumed that a change of Manager will always yield instant results, but as we have seen at Man U, where they changed Managers several times & spent hundreds of millions, that's not a given.

Both Manchester clubs have made a lot of noise, spent a bomb & rotated Managers. Has it yielded the desired results?

City haven't done too bad, and bar the Champions League, I'd say it has.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: February 19, 2017, 07:40:02 PM »

Indeed.

Bless you Tikay Smiley you have this cute old fashioned view on managers and how long they should be at the helm. The days of a Fergie or a Wenger being in charge for 2 decades, or even close to a decade, are long gone. All the big clubs in the top divisions will be chopping and changing pretty frequently, there might be an odd anomaly but a 3 year cycle will often be there or thereabouts.

Things can go very stale very quickly in this game.

Best Bitter.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: February 19, 2017, 10:25:04 PM »

Indeed.

I'd like to see a change, partly,  because the impression I have ( whether right or wrong) is that the coaching team he surrounds himself never seem as influential as at other clubs. Despite this ,  i think you're right in the main that the level of abuse is unwarranted for someone with his achievements.

Here’s a table of the top 10 for all matches in the PL in the 3  2/3rd  seasons since the beginning of the 13/14 season. Similar to the table I posted the other day it shows Arsenal’s great consistency and only 4 points less than Chelsea and 8 points less than City.  Yet,  by the time this season finishes,  Chelsea will have likely won the league twice, City once and, of course, Leicester last year.

commercial photography locations

But then look at a separate table for the same period involving games between the Big 6 only.  Arsenal drop to 5th place with only 8 wins from 36 games and 26 points behind Chelsea. This, of course, could be in part just variance due bad luck, refereeing decisions etc or it could be that Wenger and his coaching team have fallen behind. Like you, my impression,is it has to be the latter.

commercial photography locations

It's not just the Big 6 as well - in away games you can extend it to the top 9. I've posted the stat on here before but Arsenal have only managed 3 wins in the last 28 league games away from home against top 9 teams. Again indicative of a coach who has lost his way and compounded by the new kids on the block  – Conte, Pep, Klopp  and Poch who are operating on a different level IMO.  Irrespective of any coaching skills, not one of those 4 would accommodate Ozil walking around the pitch.

Easy to understand why Kroenke loves him. He hits par or better relative to financial resources every bloody season and that, IMO, is to be respected not abused. I empathise with Ralph's position as well but if I was an Arsenal fan I definitely would want him to go now with his statue even if it means more volatility. I'm with Adz now. The volatility might be forced in anycase because top 4 this season might be very difficult because of the difficult away games ahead. It is where my money is.

Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: February 19, 2017, 10:42:33 PM »

[/quote]

Absolutely not a given that a change will yield instant results. You would expect the turmoil could be as big as at United post Ferguson irrespective of who the new manager is. It seems an increasingly large number of Arsenal (like Adz) accept that and still want it.

I wouldn't say the jury is out at City.  2 PL titles in the last 5 years sounds good to me. I'd snatch your hands off for the same again in the next 5 years. The club is now self sufficient from natural revenue streams and the supposed "dodgy" sponsorship deals are now accepted as being undervalued.

As for changing managers, it seems highly unlikely you will see a Wenger or Ferguson again.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 10:46:43 PM by Archer » Logged
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: February 20, 2017, 07:56:46 AM »

Arsenal fans wanting Wenger out is basically Brexit innit? Had enough of the solidly performing but not outstanding status quo so opt for an alternative option even if there is no understanding of what it will look like and is highly likely to lead to a worse position.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: February 20, 2017, 09:30:45 AM »

Arsenal fans wanting Wenger out is basically Brexit innit? Had enough of the solidly performing but not outstanding status quo so opt for an alternative option even if there is no understanding of what it will look like and is highly likely to lead to a worse position.

Lol.

Not really.

If it was like Brexit, he would have been democratically voted out years ago Cheesy

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 ... 279 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: