blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:37:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 ... 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 600697 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2475 on: March 07, 2017, 10:48:43 PM »

game on?

guess not was looking ok till the sending off

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: March 07, 2017, 10:55:15 PM »

you have to lol at ArseholeWanker.  Bayern must feel like they have drawn Sheffield utd when they get Arsenal in the last 16 of the champions league.  They must just piss themselves in germany year after year.  Simlar to when Seville drew lolster. #greatest league in the world haha!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 10:59:14 PM by arbboy » Logged
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: March 07, 2017, 11:08:54 PM »

you have to lol at ArseholeWanker.  Bayern must feel like they have drawn Sheffield utd when they get Arsenal in the last 16 of the champions league.  They must just piss themselves in germany year after year.  Simlar to when Seville drew lolster. #greatest league in the world haha!

You see the game.  Sending off/penalty clearly soft, bordering ridiculous.  They were playing well til then.  Obv played crap last time, nobody is going to play well 4 goals down and with 10 men

Fwiw Aren't there more English winners of the Champions League than lolGerman ones? 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: March 07, 2017, 11:11:27 PM »

You see the game.  Sending off/penalty clearly soft, bordering ridiculous.  They were playing well til then.  Obv played crap last time, nobody is going to play well 4 goals down and with 10 men

Fwiw Aren't there more English winners of the Champions League than lolGerman ones?  

Easy to play well when nothing at stake.   Sums AW up over the last 10 years.  Anytime they are close to odds against or a shade of odds on they just don't perform year in year out.  The sample size is getting close to being very conclusive nowadays.  #flattrackbullies,
.  He gets to sign the players he signs.  No one forces him to sign them.  Over the last 10 years he has clearly signed loser after loser when he comes to winning big events and titles.    He has paid over the odds for bundles of carthorses (theo/ox/ramsey amongst numerous others).  I sometimes wonder how theo and ox sleep at night hoovering the wages they do performing how they do year after year. 
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 11:17:12 PM by arbboy » Logged
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: March 07, 2017, 11:13:27 PM »

You see the game.  Sending off/penalty clearly soft, bordering ridiculous.  They were playing well til then.  Obv played crap last time, nobody is going to play well 4 goals down and with 10 men

Easy to play well when nothing at stake. 

So that is a yes then?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: March 07, 2017, 11:22:52 PM »

Easy to play well when nothing at stake. 

So that is a yes then?

stupid pointless question regarding champs league winners from england and germany.  When was the last time an English team was shorter than 10/1 to win the champs league pre season?
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: March 08, 2017, 09:35:49 AM »

You see the game.  Sending off/penalty clearly soft, bordering ridiculous.  They were playing well til then.  Obv played crap last time, nobody is going to play well 4 goals down and with 10 men

Easy to play well when nothing at stake.   Sums AW up over the last 10 years.  Anytime they are close to odds against or a shade of odds on they just don't perform year in year out.  The sample size is getting close to being very conclusive nowadays.  #flattrackbullies,
.  He gets to sign the players he signs.  No one forces him to sign them.  Over the last 10 years he has clearly signed loser after loser when he comes to winning big events and titles.    He has paid over the odds for bundles of carthorses (theo/ox/ramsey amongst numerous others).  I sometimes wonder how theo and ox sleep at night hoovering the wages they do performing how they do year after year.  

Yep  we all get the “flatrack bully” tag – it’s been posted on here, me included,  with the stats plenty of times.

So he has signed loser after loser? What a load of nonsense.  For 7 of the last 10 seasons (2006/2007 to 2012/2013)  Arsenal were effectively a selling club with a negative net spend of -£40million.  No way was that all to do with Wenger – it was driven by the board post-Emirates.  Something like 8 players (players who Wenger had previously bought or brought through) who moved on in that period for higher wages went on to win league titles with their next club. Not bad for “losers”.

You are the one who has previously banged on (correctly) about the correlation between financial resources/wages and success. The current crop of players have done alright since 13/14 – 2 FA Cup wins and 4th, 3rd and 2nd in the league. Not bad for “losers. Yet you are deriding Wenger now despite him doing better than par for the last 3 seasons based on finances.  It is time for him to go now IMO but that isn't what  you are arguing.

As for the "Arsehole Wanker" line – classy. WP.WP.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 09:39:50 AM by Archer » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: March 08, 2017, 09:44:38 AM »

.  He gets to sign the players he signs.  No one forces him to sign them.  Over the last 10 years he has clearly signed loser after loser when he comes to winning big events and titles.    He has paid over the odds for bundles of carthorses (theo/ox/ramsey amongst numerous others).  I sometimes wonder how theo and ox sleep at night hoovering the wages they do performing how they do year after year.  

Yep  we all get the “flatrack bully” tag – it’s been posted on here, me included,  with the stats plenty of times.

So he has signed loser after loser? What a load of nonsense.  For 7 of the last 10 seasons (2006/2007 to 2012/2013)  Arsenal were effectively a selling club with a negative net spend of -£40million.  No way was that all to do with Wenger – it was driven by the board post-Emirates.  Something like 8 players (players who Wenger had previously bought or brought through) who moved on in that period for higher wages went on to win league titles with their next club. Not bad for “losers”.

You are the one who has previously banged on (correctly) about the correlation between financial resources/wages and success. The current crop of players have done alright since 13/14 – 2 FA Cup wins and 4th, 3rd and 2nd in the league. Not bad for “losers. Yet you are deriding Wenger now despite him doing better than par for the last 3 seasons based on finances.  It is time for him to go now IMO but that isn't what  you are arguing.

I love you more every day. When we getting married?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: March 08, 2017, 12:28:15 PM »

The recent PL finishes look good on paper but Arsenal fans know that we were out of the title race everytime by February.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: March 08, 2017, 12:40:23 PM »

i thought this was an interesting read

"Kroenke & Gazidis cannot shy away any longer. If Wenger warrants a 2-yr deal, tell us why. Comment on afc CL exit:

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/arsene-wenger-cannot-be-allowed-to-decide-his-destiny-he-is-holding-arsenal-back-a3484386.html "

"Wenger keeps up the public pretence that he is subjected to the same checks and balances as any other manager but he was consulted prior to the appointment of his own boss, Ivan Gazidis, and is deferred to on all footballing matters by majority owner Stan Kroenke. Who really holds Wenger to account? Kroenke is absent for the majority of matches, appearing at the Annual General Meeting each year to go through the motions of appearing engaged in club affairs.

Gazidis effectively runs the club on a day-to-day basis but he has previously spoken about the benefits of operating without a conventional power structure, opting instead for round-table compromise rather than a hierarchical chain of command. The club have inevitably been built to Wenger’s will. It is the reason why talk persists that perhaps two or even three people will need to be appointed to fill the void Wenger leaves when he departs.

But the void above him at the moment is the more immediate problem. How can Kroenke justify a new two-year contract given the current climate? "

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: March 08, 2017, 02:49:22 PM »

I love you more every day. When we getting married?

Soon I hope   x
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: March 08, 2017, 02:54:10 PM »

The recent PL finishes look good on paper but Arsenal fans know that we were out of the title race everytime by February.

Other fans know that as well Smiley   
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: March 08, 2017, 03:01:13 PM »

i thought this was an interesting read

"Kroenke & Gazidis cannot shy away any longer. If Wenger warrants a 2-yr deal, tell us why. Comment on afc CL exit:

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/arsene-wenger-cannot-be-allowed-to-decide-his-destiny-he-is-holding-arsenal-back-a3484386.html "

"Wenger keeps up the public pretence that he is subjected to the same checks and balances as any other manager but he was consulted prior to the appointment of his own boss, Ivan Gazidis, and is deferred to on all footballing matters by majority owner Stan Kroenke. Who really holds Wenger to account? Kroenke is absent for the majority of matches, appearing at the Annual General Meeting each year to go through the motions of appearing engaged in club affairs.

Gazidis effectively runs the club on a day-to-day basis but he has previously spoken about the benefits of operating without a conventional power structure, opting instead for round-table compromise rather than a hierarchical chain of command. The club have inevitably been built to Wenger’s will. It is the reason why talk persists that perhaps two or even three people will need to be appointed to fill the void Wenger leaves when he departs.

But the void above him at the moment is the more immediate problem. How can Kroenke justify a new two-year contract given the current climate? "

Here is another article from the Standard a year ago:

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/stan-kroenke-i-didnt-buy-arsenal-stake-to-win-trophies-a3202046.html

Kroenke “For me, being an individual owner, I have to have some sort of reality involved. If you want to win championships then you would never get involved."

Wenger has delivered in spades as far as Kroenke has concerned. Business is business. 4th is good enough. Keep the money in the bank for a future rainy day.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: March 08, 2017, 04:01:13 PM »

Theo Walcott admits to a falling out between Alexis Sanchez and the Arsenal squad http://dailym.ai/2m2456s

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: March 10, 2017, 10:06:04 AM »

Made me smile

http://newsthump.com/2017/03/09/pissing-off-piers-morgan-is-my-main-motivation-for-not-quitting-confirms-arsene-wenger/
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 ... 279 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: