blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:12:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 ... 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 604968 times)
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #2520 on: March 30, 2017, 10:09:33 PM »

The views expressed on social media are gonna reflect the views in the local boozer, which are gonna reflect the views expressed in the stands.

No-one thinks Arsenal are gonna act after seeing that a MOTD Facebook poll showing that 73% of Arsenal fans want Wenger to leave at the end of his contract, that's obviously ridiculous. The pressure comes from the fans in the terraces, and all we see these days are 'Wenger out' banners.

Should the fans have such an influence on the day to day running of a football club and the big decisions? Probably not. But I'd say it was equally silly to have a guy in charge who decides when they leave. Past achievements don't count for much in this day and age. In all honesty I'm amazed he's lasted as long as he has but I guess he's stubborn (and being paid a fortune)

Best Bitter.
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: March 30, 2017, 10:10:50 PM »

A social media analysis would suggest most people share Adz's opinion by a long way. Not sure how you've decided that the majority don't want him to resign?

There don't seem to be many backing him to stay on as far as I can see.

If you or I owned one of the world's greatest sporting franchises, would we really take a blind bit of notice of what people say on Facebook and Twitter?

I know I would not, and I can't imagine any rational owner would. The thought of a business being run by social media and Team Armchair is abhorrent. Good businesses are never run or managed by public opinion.

Rank[1]   Team   Sport   Country   Value ($B)
1   Dallas Cowboys   Football    United States   4
2   Real Madrid   Soccer    Spain   3.65
3   Barcelona   Soccer    Spain   3.55
4   New York Yankees   Baseball    United States   3.4
5   Manchester United   Soccer    England   3.32
6   New England Patriots   Football    United States   3.2
7   New York Knicks   Basketball    United States   3
8   Washington Redskins   Football    United States   2.85
9   New York Giants   Football    United States   2.8
10   Los Angeles Lakers   Basketball    United States   2.7
11     San Francisco 49ers   Football    United States
12   Bayern Munich   Soccer    Germany   2.68
13   New York Jets   Football    United States   2.6
14   Los Angeles Dodgers   Baseball    United States   2.5
15    Houston Texans   Football    United States
16   Chicago Bears   Football    United States   2.45
17   Philadelphia Eagles   Football    United States   2.4
18   Boston Red Sox   Baseball    United States   2.3
19     Chicago Bulls     Basketball    United States
20   San Francisco Giants   Baseball    United States   2.25

[ ] one of the worlds greatest sporting franchises

And that invalidates my point? I don't think so.

You don't seriously think a successful business would ever allow itself to be swayed by views on social media, Shirley?

Of course it doesn't.
But social media is a representation of a certain cross section of fans. Just like the stadium and people who attend live games is. Social media can run popularity polls and fans in the stadium can voice their opinion. If you're losing the fans that post on social media you are for sure losing fans that attend the game, as they are obviously intertwined. People who post on social media contribute zip to Arsenal FC, but the fans that attend the games, buy the merchandise are the heart beat of the club. People doing marches and protest are doing so through social media. Easy to organise thousands of people when you can speak to them directly any time of the day in front of an audience of maybe tens of thousands over social media. Social media is an incredibly powerful tool these days. And if you're against the masses on there you are leaving the EU or electing some orange faced idiot as president.
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: March 30, 2017, 10:20:47 PM »

I have two friends that are Arsenal season ticket holders, and both have stopped going to games because of how poisonous the atmosphere is, and how unpleasant a place it is to go. Arsenal Fan TV, ignoring how you feel about the content, seems to be a fair reflection of how a lot of Arsenal fans feel. It's polarised, exceptionally polarised, and is getting very aggressive. And these are people attending the games, every game. These are the fans Arsenal and the board cannot afford to lose and by the looks of it they are very close to losing a large portion of them.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: March 30, 2017, 11:58:06 PM »

The Arsenal season ticket waiting list is huge. Not sure the board would be that bothered if the dissenters sacked it off and other more positive fans can in and supported the team rather than focussing on a campaign against the manager.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: March 31, 2017, 12:41:05 PM »

While collectively the club may not care about opinions coming from the fanbase, Wenger will be all too aware of public opinion shifting strongly against a contract renewal. There's nothing left for him to do at the club. He did brilliantly to guide us through financial restrictions, but he's had a good few years to build a world class squad which can challenge for titles and unquestionably failed. This season has shown a sharp regression and it's extremely worrying that the likes of Spurs and Liverpool appear to have caught up with us.

Some people were saying they'd support him staying on another year so he can retain a semblance of leaving on his own terms, but I don't see what that will achieve. He's built an average squad which needs to be overhauled. It's best the next manager gets to do that the way he wants to.
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: March 31, 2017, 07:46:56 PM »

https://twitter.com/matias_grez/status/847661038933639168
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2526 on: April 02, 2017, 04:33:16 PM »

The people behind this should be ashamed of themselves. As well as an In Arsene we rust van that's driving around the area.

Click to see full-size image.

muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: April 02, 2017, 04:56:36 PM »

The people behind this should be ashamed of themselves. As well as an In Arsene we rust van that's driving around the area.

Why should they be ashamed of themselves?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: April 02, 2017, 05:12:35 PM »

As long as the van they're driving round in is a shitter, I think they deserve a 

Made me chuckle...

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: April 02, 2017, 06:07:28 PM »

Good half by the arse, didn't look like the players had stopped playing for Wenger tbf.

Gabriel on at ..oh dear

sola virtus nobilitat
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: April 02, 2017, 06:24:27 PM »

To pay our creditors?

All feels a bit suss.  He previously had a £2.5k target. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2531 on: April 02, 2017, 06:30:20 PM »

Incredibly childish isn't it? They supposedly support the team but are circulating these things against a man who (in all fairness should have left the club a while ago) has held himself admirably through constant criticism. The main aim seems to be death by #hashtags and not much else. I just think it's in very poor taste. (I know the arguement will be that they're doing it because they support the club)

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: April 02, 2017, 06:57:56 PM »

Have to be happy with a draw, after going 1-0 down against one of the top teams.

Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2533 on: April 02, 2017, 10:35:45 PM »

Tikay I am.surprised that you feel opinion on social media has no validity in business, and even more surprised you think that major corporation's do not listen to them. Did stars not once reinstate super nova elite after a Public outcry on social platforms? Do Kraft (Cadbury) not have to keep defending their Halal policy after campaigns year after year? Tesco and Horsegate there are others. I work for a company that was destroyed by the mainstream press a decade ago and they fight everyday with their online persona. Don't think no one.listens its just not true.

As for Wenger I don't see how anyone can win now. The Legacy is diminished, he is in danger of forever being the one who stayed too long rather then the father of the invincible's. The club appear ineffectual rather then loyal and year by year we slip further away from the pack, a pack that has grown. This is not about.Oil money or Russian sugar daddies. We were sold our own dream in the Emirates it was supposed to have bought us a level.playing field all it has delivered is a continual decline and something for an aging manager to hide behind.  Time.for someone else to have ago, to stand still is to die.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: April 03, 2017, 10:37:56 AM »

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 ... 279 Go Up Print 
« previous next »