blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:58:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 168 169 [170] 171 172 173 174 ... 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 604949 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2535 on: April 03, 2017, 10:39:43 AM »

"Ivan Gazidis is trying to drive change and improvement. Arsene Wenger agreeing is the issue"

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ivan-gazidis-sends-clear-message-10145060

surely in this day and age, where director of football, director of recruitment and head coach etc is often split into several roles AW has toomuch power?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: April 03, 2017, 10:50:04 AM »

"Ivan Gazidis is trying to drive change and improvement. Arsene Wenger agreeing is the issue"

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ivan-gazidis-sends-clear-message-10145060

surely in this day and age, where director of football, director of recruitment and head coach etc is often split into several roles AW has toomuch power?

I see AW having too much on his plate rather than too much power.

Reading between the lines I think we are about to see a transitional period during the next two years.

As things stand AW is virtually irreplaceable but the introduction of a DoF and a DoR might pave the way for change in the future.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: April 03, 2017, 03:37:41 PM »

https://twitter.com/sarmadbdk/status/848651095270461440

https://twitter.com/FootyMemes/status/848570743193554944

https://twitter.com/sportingawayday/status/848594300560715777

Social media hype
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: April 03, 2017, 07:09:23 PM »

Haha, love the third one when the guy in the white hoodie thinks he's at some kind of dance. Not much funnier than men being 'hard'. Didn't watch it all mind so hope he didn't hit anyone

sola virtus nobilitat
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: April 05, 2017, 12:38:59 PM »

Enjoyed my little trip to the Emirates on Sunday but that was despite the woeful 2nd half which had the feel of a end of season game with nothing on it and City didn't get out of 4th gear.

I had a great seat - front row of the 2nd tier just to the left of the Directors Box. It was a season ticket seat and sets the holder back by £5000 per season.  You do get a programme and a half-time drink thrown it for that tho Smiley  One or two "known" faces sat in the proximity including David Dein who no longer can be seen in the Directors Box. All very civilised and a million miles away from the football experiences I was brought up on.

Click to see full-size image.
commercial photography locations

I've seen some videos since Sunday but TBF I saw very little evidence of a toxic atmosphere. There was a group of anti-Wenger protesters outside the Directors entrance and when we were going in,  about 25 minutes before kick-off, one sole Arsenal fan started singing pro-Arsene/Arsenal songs at the protesters very loudly. Next thing it sounded like the whole concourse joined it with him as well. Really funny at the time and everyone smiling about it. A small sample size I know but I just had the sense that the majority are so anti the Arsene protests. That doesn't mean they they want him to stay:)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 12:42:18 PM by Archer » Logged
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: April 10, 2017, 10:40:23 PM »

When they don't make top 4, is he gone
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: April 10, 2017, 10:41:10 PM »

Oh come on. Push the bloody button

No other board would tolerate this.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: April 10, 2017, 10:47:57 PM »

They could be in danger of finishing mid table next season at this rate.  They are seriously going to struggle to recruit in the summer now.

I have never seen a more reliable profitable betting system than laying Arsenal when they are bigger than 4/6 in an EPL game.  It is truly incredible.   They are the ultimate flat track bullies.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 10:55:31 PM by arbboy » Logged
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: April 10, 2017, 11:00:33 PM »

Must be a few decades since Arsenal away fans sang "you're not fit to wear the shirt"?
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: April 10, 2017, 11:03:19 PM »

They could be in danger of finishing mid table next season at this rate.  They are seriously going to struggle to recruit in the summer now.

Agree

Not with standing the loyalty factor  Jamie Vardys decision to stay at Leicester in the summer told its own story .
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 11:05:23 PM by FUN4FRASER » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: April 10, 2017, 11:07:07 PM »

They could be in danger of finishing mid table next season at this rate.  They are seriously going to struggle to recruit in the summer now.

Man U have had 3 years of massively over paying for garbage.  Welcome to the club AW now you are not in the champs league.  There is no point moaning about how much Manure have been forced to over pay for average talent.  That is what happens when you are not in the champs league.  Man City had to do it in 2008 signing the jokers they had to sign to get to the next level.  It could easily be a long way back for Arsenal.  The top four are not going anywhere soon.  Plus you have to jump Manure as well just to get to fifth.  GL arsenal fans.

Agree

Not with standing the loyalty factor  Jamie Vardys decision to stay at Leicester in the summer tells it own story ,
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: April 10, 2017, 11:25:15 PM »

Can't wait to hear more about "Wenger should be allowed to decide when he leaves". His squad is inferior, his players have stopped trying. He's got to go before the next game.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: April 10, 2017, 11:29:33 PM »

Waiting for Ralph and Tikay to set you all straight 

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: April 11, 2017, 12:52:11 AM »

Agree

Not with standing the loyalty factor  Jamie Vardys decision to stay at Leicester in the summer told its own story .

Terrible decision by Vardy to turn down a huge contract unless he was worried he couldn't buy a £850k mansion in cash he lives in Melton in Leics in North London on the marginally improved wages he would have got from Arsenal if he had moved.  He is hardly flush with cash relatively.  I think he might have been one of the few EPL stars to turn down a move based on lifestyle.  His house in London (direct replacement)  would cost circa £5m.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: April 11, 2017, 12:59:05 AM »

The worst thing is that tonight's result and performance are not even much of a shock unless we're trying to avoid 5th place and Thursday football.

However bad things are AW has turned us as a club from a second tier outfit to a big club over the last twenty years and has earned the right to decide his own fate.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 168 169 [170] 171 172 173 174 ... 279 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: