blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:02:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 ... 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 604934 times)
Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #2550 on: April 11, 2017, 01:01:52 AM »

The worst thing is that tonight's result and performance are not even much of a shock unless we're trying to avoid 5th place and Thursday football.

However bad things are AW has turned us as a club from a second tier outfit to a big club over the last twenty years and has earned the right to decide his own fate.

For how long does he get to decide this?

Assume you miss out on Europe this year then next year are a mid table side. At what point does he lose the right to decide his fate?
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: April 11, 2017, 01:10:59 AM »

The worst thing is that tonight's result and performance are not even much of a shock unless we're trying to avoid 5th place and Thursday football.

However bad things are AW has turned us as a club from a second tier outfit to a big club over the last twenty years and has earned the right to decide his own fate.

For how long does he get to decide this?

Assume you miss out on Europe this year then next year are a mid table side. At what point does he lose the right to decide his fate?

Finishing mid-table doesn't seem to have damaged the Fulham Broadway mob too much.

I'm still happy to let him decide when it's time to go as he ultimately only wants what is best for AFC.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: April 11, 2017, 01:29:02 AM »

He MAY want what is best for Arsenal, but that probably isn't him staying in the role. He may also just want what's best for AW, which is to stay where he is comfortable.
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: April 11, 2017, 01:31:24 AM »

Oh come on. Push the bloody button

No other board would tolerate this.

They could be in danger of finishing mid table next season at this rate.  They are seriously going to struggle to recruit in the summer now.

Agree

Not with standing the loyalty factor  Jamie Vardys decision to stay at Leicester in the summer told its own story .

Terrible decision by Vardy to turn down a huge contract unless he was worried he couldn't buy a £850k mansion in cash he lives in Melton in Leics in North London on the marginally improved wages he would have got from Arsenal if he had moved.  He is hardly flush with cash relatively.  I think he might have been one of the few EPL stars to turn down a move based on lifestyle.  His house in London (direct replacement)  would cost circa £5m.

He should move the toon next season. 3 blue WKD's for a £5er and a free jaegerbomb on entry at every boozer.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: April 11, 2017, 10:18:10 AM »

Stat alert

Arsenal concede three goals in four consecutive away league games for the first time in 88 years (Sep 1929)

Player power is such a problem isn't it? Watching last night the performance of most was half-hearted at best,and i think we can assume he's lost the dressing room? once that happens has any manager ever got it back that we can think of?

John Cross of the Mirror (not Ralph's cup of tea but well connected), the Wenger biographer, has been saying for weeks that Wenger has signed a new two year deal but they haven't yet had a window of say two consecutive wins to announce it.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: April 11, 2017, 10:20:31 AM »

Oh come on. Push the bloody button

No other board would tolerate this.

They could be in danger of finishing mid table next season at this rate.  They are seriously going to struggle to recruit in the summer now.

Agree

Not with standing the loyalty factor  Jamie Vardys decision to stay at Leicester in the summer told its own story .

Terrible decision by Vardy to turn down a huge contract unless he was worried he couldn't buy a £850k mansion in cash he lives in Melton in Leics in North London on the marginally improved wages he would have got from Arsenal if he had moved.  He is hardly flush with cash relatively.  I think he might have been one of the few EPL stars to turn down a move based on lifestyle.  His house in London (direct replacement)  would cost circa £5m.

Vardy has since moved to a £1.5m pad in Leicester Forest East. It is true i gather than Mrs V wanted to stay out of london. She has two kids from a previous marriage and two with him and didn't want to uproot down south away from families, so he did as he was told. Took him a good half a season to find some of last season's form after allthe summer upheaval     

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: April 11, 2017, 10:47:50 AM »

Stat alert

Arsenal concede three goals in four consecutive away league games for the first time in 88 years (Sep 1929)

Player power is such a problem isn't it? Watching last night the performance of most was half-hearted at best,and i think we can assume he's lost the dressing room? once that happens has any manager ever got it back that we can think of?

John Cross of the Mirror (not Ralph's cup of tea but well connected), the Wenger biographer, has been saying for weeks that Wenger has signed a new two year deal but they haven't yet had a window of say two consecutive wins to announce it.

This would be dreadful.

By modern standards this is a sorry tale. It feels like i am watching a footballing version of Game of Thrones, with an inept leader making mistakes all over the place.

Even Wenger henchmen like Wright, Dixon and Parlour openly agree his time has passed.

It's so sad to see my team go this way, when we were so close to getting it right.   

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: April 11, 2017, 11:01:08 AM »

And we're going to end back up as a second tier outfit.

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: April 11, 2017, 11:08:04 AM »

Upcoming fixtures
Middlesbrough V Arsenal    Mon 17 Apr    20:00    
Arsenal V Manchester City   Sun 23 Apr    15:00    
Arsenal V Leicester City   Wed 26 Apr    19:45    
Tottenham Hotspur V Arsenal   Sun 30 Apr    16:30    
Arsenal V Manchester United   Sun 7 May    16:00    
Stoke City V Arsenal   Sat 13 May    15:00    
Arsenal V Everton   Sun 21 May    15:00    

2 in a row is going to be tough, maybe Stoke & Everton?
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: April 11, 2017, 11:38:05 AM »

tbf, I've always seen top 6 as a trophy so hopefully we can swing another double this year

sola virtus nobilitat
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: April 11, 2017, 11:39:43 AM »

And we're going to end back up as a second tier outfit.

At what point does Ralph thinks he forfeits the right to decide?

Genuine question.

POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: April 11, 2017, 12:37:45 PM »

Who do they get in though if Wenger does go? Doubt the big players are going to want to stay if they get in some 2nd tier manager and there aren't any top tier managers available.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: April 11, 2017, 02:32:10 PM »

Who do they get in though if Wenger does go? Doubt the big players are going to want to stay if they get in some 2nd tier manager and there aren't any top tier managers available.

There are only 2 big players at the club, both of whom have more or less packed their bags already.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: April 11, 2017, 02:58:27 PM »

This statement is so redundant.

We have been saying this for years, and in that time many good managers have been lured from other positions.

What WILL happen is if we continue our slide, no decent manager will want to come REGARDLESS of incentives, if they have no decent squad or chance of Europe.

Time is passing us by as Wenger hangs in there like a sticky bogie

exstream

View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: April 11, 2017, 03:04:25 PM »

you're all so demanding
wenger won the league for you guys 13 years ago
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 ... 279 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: