blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:08:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 216 217 [218] 219 220 221 222 ... 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 604640 times)
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3255 on: January 03, 2018, 08:46:18 PM »

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: January 03, 2018, 08:46:38 PM »

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: January 03, 2018, 08:47:59 PM »

I must say that Ainsley Maitland-Niles(Con) looks destined for high office.

COYG

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: January 03, 2018, 09:26:59 PM »

I must say that Ainsley Maitland-Niles(Con) looks destined for high office.

Agreed, he's played very well.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: January 03, 2018, 09:51:42 PM »

Obvs Arsenal are about the position in the table they should be but man, I'd rather watch us lose, draw or occasionally win against the top 5 sides than the rest of the dross in the division - guaranteed (almost) an entertaining watch. Time to cut the numbers in the PL, not too drastic, perhaps down to 10 teams to start with. The PL2 of 10 teams can then bore each other and their fans to death without wasting everyone elses time

sola virtus nobilitat
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: January 08, 2018, 07:05:59 AM »

Obvs Arsenal are about the position in the table they should be but man, I'd rather watch us lose, draw or occasionally win against the top 5 sides than the rest of the dross in the division - guaranteed (almost) an entertaining watch. Time to cut the numbers in the PL, not too drastic, perhaps down to 10 teams to start with. The PL2 of 10 teams can then bore each other and their fans to death without wasting everyone elses time

The Forest game was very entertaining even if it falls outside Arsenal’s natural seat in PL1 ten team utopia so you may be being too hasty.  Poor old Forest would be PL4 under these new plans!
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: January 08, 2018, 07:26:45 AM »

The Forest game was very entertaining even if it falls outside Arsenal’s natural seat in PL1 ten team utopia so you may be being too hasty.  Poor old Forest would be PL4 under these new plans!

Haha, Forest didn't even play with a standard back 9. There's room for them in PL3 if they work on their ball retention

sola virtus nobilitat
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: January 08, 2018, 09:35:32 AM »

Haha, Forest didn't even play with a standard back 9. There's room for them in PL3 if they work on their ball retention

I think you might be onto something.  PL3 can be the “grand old clubs” section.  Villa, wolves, derby, sheff wed, Leeds, forest etc.  We can then have direct promotion PL3 to PL1 to stop that riffraff in PL2 polluting the spectacle (Watford, Burnley, Huddersfield, Bournemouth) Smiley
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: January 08, 2018, 10:06:01 AM »

I think you might be onto something.  PL3 can be the “grand old clubs” section.  Villa, wolves, derby, sheff wed, Leeds, forest etc.  We can then have direct promotion PL3 to PL1 to stop that riffraff in PL2 polluting the spectacle (Watford, Burnley, Huddersfield, Bournemouth) Smiley

Ha, excellent idea.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: January 08, 2018, 10:42:11 AM »

Brilliant   Smiley Smiley

Also, just noticed Uncle Ralph has taken a leaf out of the Wenger book of deflection by posting on the United thread directly after an Arsenal defeat and not seen on here........
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: January 08, 2018, 12:13:01 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: January 08, 2018, 12:18:06 PM »

That was the comedy highlight of the evening. The trouble with playing inexperienced players like Mertesacker I guess

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: January 08, 2018, 07:55:40 PM »

I can find room for Watford in PL1 due to local sympathies :-)

sola virtus nobilitat
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: January 08, 2018, 09:48:39 PM »

On a serious not Doucoure would be fantastic for Arsenal instead of useless Xhaka or whatever he is called.  40m you’d get him and would be clawing our eyes out. He’d run the base of your midfield for 7 years.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: January 08, 2018, 10:51:45 PM »

On a serious not Doucoure would be fantastic for Arsenal instead of useless Xhaka or whatever he is called.  40m you’d get him and would be clawing our eyes out. He’d run the base of your midfield for 7 years.

I don't really know anything about football (tap in) - I watch every Arsenal game and this year been happy to throw in a few Man City games so I rarely notice other non 'name' players much. Please feel free to talk to Wenger though as it's a long while since he bought a class midfielder in that position.

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 216 217 [218] 219 220 221 222 ... 279 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: